It just doesn’t follow.
或许喝了啤酒
Maybe they went for a beer.
这些男孩不会
Not these boys.
罗斯维尔民权办公室开始打电♥话♥来说他们没报到
The civil rights office in Rossville started making calls as soon as they didn’t check in.
这里的警长办公室说不知道那些男孩在哪里
The sheriff’s office here said they had no idea where the boys were.
第一个谎言
First lie.
谁撒谎?警长办公室还是民权办公室?
By who? The sheriff’s office or the civil rights office?
你相信谁?
Who would you believe?
沃德先生 我不了解你是否知道这个
Mr. Ward, I don’t know if you knew it or not,
我要是小密西西比镇警长希望这样
but I was a sheriff in a little Mississippi town just like this.
就知道你这么说
Yes, I’m aware of that, Mr. Anderson.
说谎又不要本钱
Well, lying just don’t come into it, you know?
我们离孟菲斯十英里
We were right on the border, 10 miles from Memphis,
离世界其它地方数百万英里
and a million miles from the rest of the world.
那么 既然一个镇的警长这么说
Now, if a sheriff in a little town like this says that’s what happened,
那就这么咯
then that’s what happened.
去吃点东西
Let’s go eat.
我们现在客满了 您愿意等等吗?
We’re full up right now, honey. Y’all wanna wait a while?
值得等等吗?
Is the wait worth it?
并不会白等的 等待时 看看菜单吧?
We’re not full for nothing, sugar. Y’all want to look at a menu while you wait?
– 当然 – 谢谢
– Sure. – Thank you.
打算如何?等待还是离开?
Well, what y’all gonna do, wait or leave?
我们等 因为我们想亲近你
We’re gonna wait, Because we want to be near you.
那里有空位
There’s some empty seats down there.
沃德先生
Mr. Ward.
那里有黑人 想都别想
That’s the colored down there. Don’t even think about it.
这里有人要离开了
There’s some people over here getting ready to leave right now.
你不饿吗?安德森先生
Aren’t you hungry, Mr. Anderson?
下午好 气色看起来不错
Good afternoon. Looks good.
介意问你几个问题吗?
Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?
我正在找一些资料
I’m looking for some information.
无可奉告 先生
I ain’t got nothing to say to you, sir.
只是几个问题
Just a few questions.
无可奉告 先生
I ain’t got nothing to say to you, sir.
三个民权男孩来这里
Three civil rights boys came here
建议设立选民注册所
to propose setting up a voter registration clinic.
在当地居民赞成之前 三K党将其烧毁了
Before the locals got a chance to say yes, the Klan burned them down.
你让某个人表决 但是他不能表决
Give a man a vote, but don’t let him use it.
那是操作程序
Wekk, that’s the way it works.
罗斯维尔办公室怎么说?
What’d their office in Rossville have to say?
他们证实那些男孩回到这里向会众道歉
They confirmed that the boys came back here to apologize to the congregation.
对不起 你们没有表决权
Sorry you folks didn’t get to vote.
我想大家从来不知道你们甚至有权
I suppose most of you never knew you even had one.
现在 你们没有地方做礼拜了
Now you got no place to go on Sunday.
显然 他们回到这之后 与沿途的居民有交谈
Apparently, after they came back here, they talked to some locals down the road.
我们应该从这里入手
I think that’s where we should start.
嗯 你可以问问你他们 但他们不会说的
Well, you can talk to them, but they won’t talk to you.
我们走后 这些人还得在这里生活
These people have to live here long after we’re packed up and gone.
他们宁愿忍♥住不说 也不会告诉我们
They’d rather bite their tongue off than talk to us.
按局程序 安德森先生
Bureau procedure, Mr. Anderson.
教堂着火 而你跑回家 是这样吗?
The church caught fire and you ran home, is that correct?
是的
Yes, sir.
四个白人阻止你?
And then the four white men stopped you?
是的
Yes, sir.
这四个白人打你丈夫?
And these four white men attacked your husband?
是的
Yes, sir.
你不认识他们
But you can’t identify them?
不认识
No, sir.
你把这报告给警♥察♥了吗?
Did you report this to the police?
没有
No, sir.
但你告诉民权男孩发生了什么?
But you told the civil rights boys what happened?
是的
Yes, sir.
夫人 他们说了要去那里吗?
Madam, did they tell you where they were going after that?
没有
No, sir.
什么也没有说?
Nothing?
没有
No, sir.
好的 谢谢 夫人
All right. Thank you, Madam.
别客气
You’re welcome.
快点
Come on, boy.
开门
Open up.
你哥哥霍利斯在吗?
Your brother Hollis here?

Yes, sir.
叫他起来 我们要见他
Well, wake his ass up. We want to see him.
– 为什么? – 叫他起来
– Why? – Just wake him up, boy.
怎么了?发什么了什么?
Why? What’s the matter?
你在呀
There you are!
来这里
Come here, boy!
霍利斯
Hollis!
回来 他妈的黑鬼
Get your ass back here, you fucking nigger!
霍利斯 霍利斯
Hollis! Hollis!
混♥蛋♥
Shit!
最好别让我们看到你和FBI说话
We better not catch you talking to the FBI.
否则你死定了
You’ll be dead, boy.
你同情这些孩子?
You admire these kids, don’t you?
你不吗?
Don’t you?
我想他们是被利用了
I think they’re being used.
他们被大众车送到这里 一群混♥蛋♥
I think they’re being sent down here in their Volkswagens and their sneakers,
打爆了他们的头
just to get their heads cracked open.
你可曾想到或许他们坚信他们做的?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe they believed in what they were doing?
他们想过最终会死吗?
Did it ever occur to them they were gonna end up dead?
也许吧
Maybe.
在华盛顿 他们肯定就知道
In Washington they sure as hell knew, didn’t they?
有一些事值得为之去死
Some things are worth dying for.
这里的人们领会有点不同
Down here they see things a little differently.
他们认为值得为一些事去杀人
People down here feel some things are worth killing for.
这一切仇视从何而来?
Where does it come from, all this hatred?
你知道 我还是小孩时
You know, when I was a little boy,
一个名叫门罗的黑人老农住在我们街的另一头
an old Negro farmer lived down the road, name of Monroe.
他是…
And he was…
我想他只比我父亲运气好一点
I guess he was a little luckier than my daddy was.
他买♥♥了一头骡子
He bought himself a mule.
这是那个镇周围的一笔大交易
That was a big deal around that town.
我父亲讨厌那头骡子
My daddy hated that mule.
因为他的朋友骗他说
Because his friends were always kidding him about
看到门罗用骡子耕地
how they saw Monroe plowing with his new mule.
既然有一头骡子 门罗打算租另一块地
And Monroe was gonna rent another field now that he had a mule.
一天早上骡子死了
One morning that mule just showed up dead.
他们在水里下毒
They poisoned the water.
打那之后 我父亲再没提过那头骡子
And after that, there was never any mention about that mule around my daddy.
从来没再提过
Just never came up.
一次我们沿街开车
So one time, we were driving down the road,
经过门罗的地方 那里空荡荡的
and we passed Monroe’s place and we saw it was empty.
我想他刚收拾行李离开了吧 去北边或其他地方
He just packed and left. I guess gone up north or something.
我一看父亲的脸
I looked over at my daddy’s face
就知道是他干的
and I knew he’d done it.
他也清楚我知道 他很羞愧
He saw that I knew. He was ashamed.
我想他很羞愧
I guess he was ashamed.
他看着我说
He looked at me and he said,
“儿子 要是不能优于黑人 还能优于谁?”
“If you ain’t any better than a nigger, son, who are you better than? ”
你认为那是理由吗?
You think that’s an excuse?
这不是理由 这只是我父亲的故事
No, it’s not an excuse. It’s just a story about my daddy.
为此你离开了那里?
Where’s that leave you?
如此充满憎恨的一个老人
With an old man that was just so full of hate
他不知道那是贫穷扼杀了他
that he didn’t know being poor was what was killing him.
关掉灯 关掉灯
Get the light! Get the light!
你没事吧?
You all right?
他们知道我们在这里
I guess they know we’re here.
现在你知道你到了什么地方
Now you know what you’re getting into.
我会与华盛顿联♥系♥ 请求派更多的密探
I’m gonna call Washington. I need more agents.
我说这是错误的做法 你会改变主意吗?
Would it make any difference if I told you that’s exactly the wrong thing to do?
不会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!