in the eyes of the audience,
而这次巡演没有故作严肃
and it certainly has no pretensions
to be a serious,
故作沉重,或试图去表达各种立场
heavy statement-filled show, but I mean,
但我的意思是,这正是我想要的
it’s exactly what I want it to be.
你最喜欢做什么?
INTERVIEWER: What do you most enjoy doing?
在此刻的生活中?
DAVID: In life, at the moment?
一觉醒来,觉得自己好像有了未来
Waking up and feeling as though I’ve got a future.
我一直紧记着,自己总有明天
I keep remembering that there is a tomorrow,
我以前从没这样想过
when that never really occurred to me before,
没去想会有明天
that there was a tomorrow.
明天真的是…
Tomorrow was really, “This is it.
就是现在,就是此刻 这点很重要
“This is now, this is important.
其它一切都是疯狂的、静止的
“Everything else is crazy, and static,
没有任何意义
“and it means nothing, or everything’s impermanent,
亦或者一切皆是无常的 因此,我只会为当下而活
therefore I will just live for the second.”
而人们必须开始积极看待各种事情
And one has to start taking very positive stands on things.
当一个人感到太自在 那他就再也无法写歌♥
When you feel comfortable with yourself,
you can no longer write.
那似乎是创作人的一大问题
That seems to be the writer’s great problem.
随着我越来越自在 我显然有种感觉就是…
As I get more comfortable, I obviously have the feeling
我不再去想“我写得跟以前一样好? 还是那么有力?”
that it’s not so much that is my writing as good,
or as potent as it used to be, but do I need to write anymore?
而是去想“我还要继续写吗?”
马利噢
赫利波西约曼
切利文嗰拉罗
马利噢
马利噢
对我来说,他的新唱片似乎是走偏了
MAN: His new album seems to be, to me, a step sideways.
你为什么那样形容?
INTERVIEWER: Why do you describe it
因为我认为他没做任何特别崭新的事
that– in that way?
MAN: Because I think he’s not doing
anything particularly new,
而我有史以来第一次怀疑
and I suspect that for the first time ever,
他的歌♥迷们已追上他的脚步 他并没有引领什么潮流
the fans are up there with him and he’s not ahead of the game.
在我看来,他已经变得相当过时
He seems to me to have become something rather old fashioned,
就是个普通的超级巨星
which is to say a superstar.
若你要成为主流,只有一种方法可做到
If you’ve gone mainstream, there’s only one way to do it,
就是这里三天的门票都售罄
and that’s sell out three days a year.
-而他做到了 -真的做到了,没错
MAN 2: Really do it.
是啊,他一次做到,不是吗?
MAN: Yeah, yeah.
He’s done it in one big deal, hasn’t he?
这是你列国巡演之旅的最后一站
INTERVIEWER: This is the last stop
on what’s been a pretty extensive tour for you.
没错,但奥克兰还未算终站
DAVID: Uh, yeah, I’m not actually finishing in Auckland.
我将要去新加坡、香港和曼谷
I’m going over now
to Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok.
我能给予的不多
♪ I’ve nothing much to offer ♪
能承受的也不多
♪ There’s nothing much to take ♪
我绝对是个从零开始的初哥
♪ I’m an absolute beginner ♪
但我绝对会保持理智
♪ But I’m absolutely sane ♪
我不是太执着要去提出观点
I’m not quite so stricken with the idea
of making a point.
我不太确定自己要提出的任何观点
I’m not quite sure that any point
是否未被其他人好好阐述过
that I have to make isn’t being made quite as well
by other people.
亦或许那观点…
Um, and that maybe the point,
我最重要的一点就是,我很能娱乐别人
my most important point,
is that I can entertain very well,
而且我认为自己 不再因此感到不自在
and I think I’m no longer finding it uncomfortable
不会因得出这结论而不自在
to reach that conclusion.
我现在发现自己 能从容地去当演员和艺人
That I now find I’m very comfortable
being an actor, an entertainer,
亦不会去强加各种各样的东西
without too much all-encompassing stuff.
是时候点燃一支烟
♪ Time takes a cigarette ♪
递进你的唇间
♪ Puts it in your mouth ♪
你抬起一根手指
♪ You pull on your finger ♪
再抬起另一根手指
♪ Then another finger then your cigarette ♪
然后拿起烟
呼唤声在空荡的墙板间徘徊
♪ The wall-to-wall is calling ♪
声音回荡,然后你便忘却
♪ It lingers, but still you forget ♪
♪ Ohhh ♪
你这是摇滚式自杀
♪ You’re a rock and roll suicide ♪
年轻的你无力抉择
♪ You’re too young to lose it ♪
年老的你难以割舍
♪ But you’re too old to lose it ♪
时钟耐心等待着你的歌♥声落幕
♪ And the clocks waits so patiently on your song ♪
你路过一间咖啡室
♪ Well, you walk past a cafe ♪
却毫无胃口 因为你已活得太久
♪ But you can’t eat when you’ve lived too long… ♪
百事透过捕捉新鲜事物、当代事物
MAN: Pepsi continues to innovate,
by capturing what’s new,
和热门之事不断创新
what’s contemporary, and what’s hot.
这个《玻璃蜘蛛巡演》将包含这一切
The Glass Spider Tour will be all of that.
雪佛兰的刹车声在咆哮
♪ Now the Chev brakes are snarling ♪
而你跌跌撞撞穿过马路
♪ As you stumble across the road ♪
你总是有一群 从一开始就跟你合作的人
INTERVIEWER: You always have that segment of people
他们后来都说 “宝儿背弃了当初的风格”
who are with you from the start
and if you know Bowie, you know he’s sold out.
我不会敌视任何讨好听众的艺人
DAVID: I don’t begrudge any artist for getting an audience.
我很抱歉,我从不认为贫穷代表纯洁
I’m sorry, I never found that poverty meant purity.
不过对于不喜欢求稳的人来说
INTERVIEWER: For a guy who doesn’t like
随着听众越来越多 想去冒险便肯定会更难
to play it safe, though, as the audience gets larger,
it must be harder to take those chances.
噢,不,亲爱的 你并不孤单
♪ Oh no, love, you’re not alone ♪
你端详着自己,可是你太不公平
♪ You’re watching yourself but you’re too unfair ♪
你的思绪混乱不堪
♪ You got your head all tangled up ♪
但我要怎么让你回心转意
♪ But if I could only make you care ♪
我在这里赚了很多钱 为这些庞大的观众群表演
Here I was, making lots of money,
performing to these huge audiences,
我想“就是这样了 我来到了人生中的空虚期”
and I thought that’s it, you know?
I’ve come to the vacuum of my life.
不管你何时何地经历了什么
♪ No matter when or where you’ve seen ♪
所有刀刃似乎在割裂你的思想
♪ All the knives seem to lacerate your brain ♪
我也曾经历过
♪ I’ve had my share now I’ll help you with the pain ♪
我会帮你治愈伤痛
你并不孤单
♪ You’re not alone ♪
让我们一起面对
♪ Just turn on with me and you’re not alone ♪
你并不孤单
让我们一起面对
♪ Just turn on with me and you’re not alone ♪
你并不孤单
把你的手给我
♪ Gimme your hands cause you’re wonderful ♪
因为你太完美
我说把你的手给我
♪ I said ♪
♪ Gimme your hands cause you’re wonderful ♪
因为你太完美
把你的手给我
♪ Gimme your hands cause you’re wonderful ♪
因为你太完美
因为你太…
♪ Cause you… Gimmie your hands ♪
把你的手给我
因为你太完美
♪ Cause you’re wonderful ♪
把你的手给我
♪ Gimme your hands ’cause you’re wonderful ♪
因为你太完美
把你的手给我
♪ Gimme your hands ♪
你太完美
♪ ‘Cause you’re wonderful ♪
你太完美
♪ ‘Cause you’re wonderful ♪
你太完美
♪ ‘Cause you’re wonderful ♪
因为你太完美
♪ ‘Cause you’re wonderful ♪
我是个年轻人
I’m a young man.
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
我是个年轻人
I’m a young man.
因为你太完美
♪ ‘Cause you’re wonderful. ♪
感谢各位
Thank you very much. Bye bye, we love you.
拜拜,我们爱你们
虽然巡演空前成功
DAVID: Even though it was enormously successful,
但个中毫无任何成长
there was no growth going on at all.
那几年非常难熬,很难找到任何目标感
They were very hard years to get through
to find any sense of purpose.
我作为艺术家 不允许自己去做真正的自己
I wasn’t allowing myself
the service of being who I really am as an artist.
我给自己设定了可怕的参数 将自己限制在
I’d given myself dreadful parameters
in confining myself to merely what I presumed people wanted.
我认为人们想要的东西上
我从来不想做这种事
I never wanted to do this.
从来不想出去讨好别人
I never wanted to be out there pleasing people.
我想变得非常固执 让人们喜欢我喜欢的东西
I wanted to be really stubborn
and have people like what I like.
而不是给他们喜欢的东西
Not give them what they like.
那很容易会变得沉迷于工作
It’s very, very easy to become work-obsessed
因为你不必去审视自己
for the reason of not having to look at oneself.
我认为在过去几年里
I think over the last few years,
我正在理解我人生中 一件非常重要的事情

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!