and then developing the negative
看到你身后站了另一个人
and seeing another person standing behind you.
谁会来爱Aladdin Sane
♪ Who will love Aladdin Sane ♪
战嗥与香槟,赶及在日出的时分
♪ Battle cries and champagne just in time for sunrise ♪
谁会来爱Aladdin Sane
♪ Who will love Aladdin Sane ♪
运动神经传递着感觉
♪ Motor sensational ♪
接着是去巴黎还是地狱
♪ Paris or maybe hell ♪
我在等待
♪ I’m waiting ♪
遗留着连串悲伤
♪ Clutches of sad remains ♪
等待着Aladdin Sane
♪ Waits for Aladdin Sane You’ll make it ♪
你会撑得过去
♪ Who will love Aladdin Sane ♪
谁会来爱Aladdin Sane
无数泪滴汇成涌泉 赶上了日出的时分
♪ Millions weep a fountain, just in case of sunrise… ♪
以你的背景,为何对这一切感到兴趣?
INTERVIEWER: With your background,
why were you intrigued by all this?
DAVID: Um, it was… I mean,
它填满了我广阔的想像空间
it filled a vast expanse of my imagination.
我总是很有想像力
I was always pretty imaginative.
而想像力会枯竭 不管你住英国哪个地方
And the imagination can dry up in
wherever you’re living in England, often.
通常会,若没什么让你继续下去的话
I mean, if there’s nothing to keep it going.
它只是满足了我的需要
It just supplied a need in me.
美国成了我的神话之地
American became a myth-land for me.
野火鸡
还不停吗?我们后面有什么吗?
DAVID: We’re not stopped. Is there anything behind us?
现在就透过卫星直播转到
INTERVIEWER: Let’s go with him now live,
美丽的洛杉矶伯班克市中心
by satellite,
to beautiful downtown Burbank in Los Angeles.
真的吗?你的合作对象是…
AUDIENCE MEMBER: Is it true that you’re gonna be
teaming up with…
每一条大道,我…但它很平静
Every avenue.
这是一种表面上的平静 发展出来为了…
It’s very calm, and it’s a kind of a superficial calmness
淡化这里压力甚高的事实
that they’ve developed to underplay the fact that it’s–
there’s a lot of high pressure here,
因为这里是非常大的娱乐业汇聚区
as it’s a very big entertainment industry area.
而你对每个人都有种不安的感觉
And you get this feeling of unease with everybody.
这里是很大的娱乐业区
It’s a very big entertainment area.
我第一次对这里有家的感觉时
DAVID: The first time that it really
came home to me what a strange…
真的很奇怪
教堂的设计师是…
About the churches designed by an architect…
亚瑟,慢点好吗?
DAVID: Arthur, would you please slow down?
现在的卫星讯号♥有点断续
INTERVIEWER: We’re bouncing backwards and forwards
on the satellite at the moment.
声音在断断续续
I mean, our sound is bouncing around.
对,我看到
Yes, I can see it.
很快就没事
It’ll be all right in a minute.
我们会保持连线
你在吗,大卫?
INTERVIEWER: Are you there, David?
你在吗,大卫?
Are you there, David?
天空中的睡房♥
Bedroom in the sky.
你在吗,大卫宝儿先生?
INTERVIEWER: Are you there, Mr. David Bowie?
我想,虽然我经常觉得我…
DAVID: I think that I felt often,
ever since I was a teenager,
自我少年时起…
便非常漂泊,对任何人都没归属感
um, so adrift, and so not part of everyone I saw.
我的家庭隐藏着很多黑暗秘密
There’s so many dark secrets
about my family in the cupboard
那令我觉得对一切都格格不入
that it kind of made me feel
very much on the outside of everything,
正因为如此
and because of that, I felt there was no basis to my life,
我觉得我的生活没有基础
不像其他人都有
like everybody else seemed to have.
当然,这很荒谬
Which of course is ridiculous.
可能我会做一些事 来证明我也有些情感…
Probably, I would do things to prove that
I had some emotional substance…
但事实上,我没有
when in fact I didn’t.
别打击我的自尊
你们所有人
从主题上来说 我认为我写的所有东西
DAVID: Thematically, I’ve always dealt with isolation
都是在应对孤寂的问题
in everything I’ve written, I think.
如果你对孤寂感兴趣
INTERVIEWER: If you’re interested in isolation,
是否因为你认为处于孤寂的人 比被各种人和事包围时
is it because you think that a person in an isolated state
feel greater emotions than they do
会感受到更强烈的情绪?
when they’re surrounded by people and things?
我认为一个孤寂的人
DAVID: I think if he is in isolation,
他不会将整个世界视为自己的家
instead of receiving the whole world as his home,
而是倾向在自己内在 创造一个微世界
he tends to create a micro-world inside himself.
我就是对人类思维的这种特质感到着迷
Um, and it’s that peculiar part of the human mind
人们在脑海中就可创造小宇宙
that fascinates me about the small universes
that can be created inside the mind.
当中有些像精神分♥裂♥,而且相当离奇
Some of them fairly schizophrenic
and quite off the wall.
我感觉自己不来自任何地方
It feels now that I don’t come from anywhere,
但我是出生于布里克斯顿的
but I was born in Brixton.
你是几年出生的?
INTERVIEWER : When were you born? What year?
1947年1月8日
DAVID: 1947. January the eighth.
所以我是山羊座,上升星座是水瓶座
Makes me a Capricorn with an Aquarius ascendant
下降星座是狮子座
and a Leo descendant.
当初的布里克斯顿小子 现在还剩多少?
INTERVIEWER: How much now is left of the lad
from Brixton, do you think?
-我想不是很多,你知道的 -没错,人会不断前进
DAVID: Not very much, I would think.
I know, you know.
我从没有… 我从没有成为我该成为的人
I never got– I never became who I should have been.
我花了大量时间来寻找自我
I’ve spent an awful lot of my life
actually looking for myself, you know?
以及去理解我是…
And understanding what it was that I-why-what I existed for.
我是为了什么而存在
到底是什么让我在生活中感到快乐
What was it that really made me happy in life?
我到底是谁
And who exactly, or was–
以及我想逃避的 又是哪部分的自我
Who are the parts of myself I was trying to hide from?
我认为我们当中很多人 都选择否定自我
I think a lot of us have huge senses of denial
以及我们在世上的位置
about who we are and where we exist in the world
我真的很想…你知道的 多与别人交流情感
I really wanted to sort of, you know,
be very emotionally involved with people.
我不知道该怎样做 我父母就是这样的
I didn’t know how to do it.
You know, my parents were like that,
我猜这就像别人说的
and I guess you kind of, as they say,
他们遗传了很多缺点给我
they pass on a lot of faults.
你父母以什么谋生?
DICK: What do your parents do for a living?
我父亲过身了,我妈妈有间小公♥寓♥
My father’s dead, and my mother has a small flat,
她应该有份长工
and I think she’s got a day job.
她会否难以向邻居解释? 当邻居问到
DICK: Does she have trouble explaining you to the neighbors
“你是否那家伙的…”
who say, “Are you any relation to that…”
她应该假装我不是她的儿子
DAVID: I think she pretends I’m not hers.
不,她不太说话,她不会…
Nah, she’s uh, she doesn’t talk much.
You know, she doesn’t, um, I don’t think we really–
我不认为我们…我们从不特别亲密
We were never that close particularly.
我们有共识
We have an understanding.
好吧
DICK: Yeah.
父母的婚姻幸福吗?
INTERVIEWER: Was it a happy marriage?
不算非常深爱,若按照…
Not necessarily terribly loving or anything,
没什么亲密的肢体动作,甚至…
in terms of no real physical affection,
他们没真正表达过对彼此的爱
or even they didn’t really articulate
any love for each other.
在我的家庭中 情感上和精神上都有很多残缺
There’s an awful lot of emotional/spiritual mutilation
goes on in my family.
你喜欢大家都该喜欢的传统人物吗?
INTERVIEWER: Did you like any of the traditional people
that you’re supposed to like?
例如,你喜欢小熊维尼吗?
Like, did you like Winnie the Pooh?

DAVID: No. No.
-鲁珀特熊呢? -不
INTERVIEWER: Rupert Bear?
-我不喜欢… -你有熊公仔吗?
DAVID: No. No I didn’t. I didn’t like–
INTERVIEWER: Did you have a teddy bear?
不,没有,我不认为…
DAVID: No, I didn’t. I don’t think…
我完全不记得有过这种东西
I can’t remember having anything like that at all.
不,我从不太喜欢那些孩子玩意
No, I never liked, um, children’s things very much.
分享那颗璀璨流星
那划过夜空的亮线
那划过夜空的亮线
像乘着贝壳般掠过
自从你离开后,或最近开始
INTERVIEWER: You know, since you’ve been away,
报纸一直在抨击你妈妈
or quite recently, the newspapers
having been having a bit of a bash at your mother?
并且说她不时落泪
And saying that she’s a bit tearful from time to time.
亦感到非常痛苦
and that she’s suffered a certain amount of anguish,
而且她很少听到你的消息
and that she doesn’t hear from you an awful lot.
这是假的还是真的?
Is that eyewash or is it real?
我认为我们童年常会经历某种创伤
DAVID: There’s some kind of traumatism
often goes on in our childhoods I think.
这让我们渴望某种奇怪的感情 有点像…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!