太阳照到屁♥股♥头了
The sun’s up in all its glory.
我得起来了
I must get on.
-不吃早餐了吗 -不用了 谢谢
-Don’t you want your breakfast? -No, thank you kindly.
最近好吗
Are you faring well?
好 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
-你呢 -嗯
-And yourself? -Yes, yes.
今晚回来吗
Will I be seeing you tonight?
-应该不 -明天呢
-Unlikely. -Tomorrow?
-不回 -噢
-No. -Oh.
那我可以不用经常换床单了
I might as well stop changing the bed sheets in here.
布斯先生
Mr Booth!
你好
Good day to you.
-天气暖和多了 -今天真热
-‘Tis warmer now. -Sultry day.
-这是什么 -一块漂浮的树皮
-Ooh, what d’you have there? -Bit of drift bark.
像坠落凡间的天使
Has the look of a fallen angel.
颜色很漂亮
Pretty colours.
黏糊糊的
Oh! Sticky.
我很口渴
Horrid parched.
-早上好 -你好
-Good morning, sir. -A very good day to you, sir.
今天天气不错啊
Nice day, sir.
早上好
Good morning, sir.
向您问好了 欢迎欢迎
Greetings and welcome.
你也早上好
A hearty good morning to you, sir.
-您是叫 -布斯先生
-Now, you would be Mr…-Mr Booth.
没错 布斯先生
Booth, yes. Mr Booth.
-我是按照约定时间来的 对吧 -是的
-At the appointed hour, I believe. -Indeed, sir.
我叫梅尔 约翰·梅尔
Mayall, John Mayall.
我也觉得应该就是你
I had made that assumption, sir.
为您服务 布斯先生
At your service, Mr Booth.
现在 您可以在这里坐下
Now, if you would be so kind as to make yourself comfortable…
-就是这玩意儿了 -没错
-This is the contraption? -Indeed, sir.
我们称之为照相机
That is what we call the camera.
-照相机 -是的
-The cam-ra? -Yes, sir.
是照 机
Not the cam-er?
不 照相机
Er…no, sir. The camera.
-照相机 -是的
-The camera? -Yes, sir.
暗箱里面的那种
As in camera obscura?
没错 照相机
Precisely, sir. The camera.
现在 请您在这里坐下
Now, if I may ask you to take a seat, please, here.
-是哪个厂家生产的 -呃
-Name of manufacturer? -Er…
它是美国制♥造♥的
It comes to us from the United States, sir.
还是名字不方便说
The name eludes you?
噢 没有
Oh, no, sir.
我有时候不愿意说自己的名字
My name eludes me from time to time.
是吗
Indeed, sir?
那现在
Now…
听你的口音 你是从美国来的吧
I denote from your brogue that you hail from the Americas.
我是费城人
From the fine city of Philadelphia, sir.
费城 是东海岸那边的吧
Philadelphia? ‘Tis on the eastern coast, is it not?
是的
That is correct, sir.
原谅我膝盖不太好
You shall have to forgive the whip-crack of my knees.
-帽子戴上还是拿掉 -请问您是什么职业的
-Hat on or hat off? -Er…may I ask your profession, sir?
大♥法♥庭的主事官
Master of Chancery.
-法律界人士 -是
-A man of the law. -Indeed.
那么我建议帽子戴着
Then I should recommend the hat on, sir.
现在让我调试一下这器械
Now, if I might deploy this device…

Hey!
这可怕的东西是什么
What is this heinous implement?
只是个支撑的架子
Merely a gentle holding brace, sir.
让我想到做手术的器材了
Puts me in mind of a surgical instrument.
-会痛吗 -一点都不回 我保证
-Does it hurt? -Not in the slightest, I assure you.
所以 麻烦
So, if I may…
没有不舒服吧 布斯先生
Not too uncomfortable for you, Mr Booth?
谢谢您
Thank you, sir.
这个镜子是做什么用的
What is the significance of the looking-glass?
把帅气的您照得更亮
It is to illuminate your good self, sir.
就像湖面上方的太阳
As the sun upon a lake.
噢 您说话可真有意思
Oh! Most droll, Mr Booth.
有意思
Most droll.
这个铜盖子后面是什么
What is concealed behind the small brass cap?
-视镜吗 -是的 一个玻璃镜片
-An optic? -Yes, sir, a glass lens.
就像望远镜一样
As a telescope?
的确没有不同
Not unlike a telescope, sir.
谢谢你 科纳里斯
Thank you, Cornelius.
-是棱柱形的吗 -恐怕不是
-It is prismatic? -I fear not, sir.
-是一枚消色差透镜 -消色差啊
-It is an achromatic lens. -Achromatic.
让我仔细看看
Now, let me peruse you.
你怎么像个僧人一样把自己罩着
Why are you shrouded in the manner of a condemned monk?
我只是不想让光进来
I am simply shutting out the light, Mr Booth.
很好
Splendid, sir.
你照出来的照片 没有彩色
The image you create is not of colour.
是为什么
For why?
这个问题恐怕还没得到解决
Er…I am afraid that is a question we have yet to answer, sir.
仍是个谜
It is a mystery.
谢谢 科纳里斯
Thank you, Cornelius.
希望它一直是谜
And long may it remain so.
现在请您盯着这盆花看
Now, if I may ask you to focus your gaze here, on the flowers,
我们差不多准备好了
and we are almost ready.
谢谢 科纳里斯
Thank you, Cornelius.
现在
Now…
接下来十秒钟 请您保持完全不动
I will require your absolute stillness for the next ten seconds.
现在 开始
And…we begin.
这就照好了
And there we have it.
-这就好了 -照完了
-‘Tis done? -It is finished, sir.
我担心我也完了
I fear that I, too, am finished.
噢 别这样
Oh, come, come, sir.
这就是照片啊
This be one of them there photographs.
皇后和阿尔伯特王子也照过
The Queen had one of these taken with Prince Albert.
-是吗 -是啊
-Did she so? -She did.
你看上去很帅气
Oh, you do look most handsome.
-这个叫银版照相 -噢
-‘Tis known as a daguerreotype. -Oh.
接下来还会有什么呐
Whatever next?
-你这是在哪里照的呢 -镇中心 斯特兰路上
-Where’d you have this done, then? -Up in town on the Strand.
有个男的 他有照相盒子
Fellow with a box.
-我们去吧 -去哪
-We’re going there. -Where?
-去照相啊 -什么时候
-Have our likeness taken. -When?
-礼拜四 -噢
-Thursday. -Oh.
我已经预约好了
I’ve arranged an appointment.
-那你得取消了 -这又不会痛
-Well, you’ll have to cancel it. -‘Tis painless.
我不管
Oh, I care not.
我可不想让自己的老脸被照下来
You don’t want my old face in one of these.
可是我想 我们俩一起
I do, the two of us together.
永远地
Forever.
谢谢你了
I do thank you for this.
但我不会去的
But I ain’t going.
这就是照相机
‘Tis the camera.
梅尔先生 我能打扰你一个问题吗
Mr Mayall, may I beg your indulgence with a question?
当然 请问
Why, certainly, sir.
你会用这个照风景吗
Do you take landscapes with your contraption?
-会的 时不时会照 -比如什么
-I do, sir, from time to time. -Such as what?
我照过尼亚加拉大瀑布
Why, I have recorded the great falls of Niagara, sir.
-尼亚加拉大瀑布 -是
-The Niagara Falls? -Indeed, sir.
自然的伟大奇迹啊
The greatest wonder in nature.
就是在那里 我照到过彩虹
It was there that I was once able to capture a rainbow.
真是令人羡慕
I’m green-eyed with envy.
尼亚加拉大瀑布
The Niagara Falls…
是我一直想要亲眼目睹的自然景观
is a natural phenomenon that I have long desired to witness.
是吗
Is that so, sir?
夫人 先生 请盯着这里看
Now, madam, sir, if I may ask you to fix your gaze here
看这些美丽的花
upon these beautiful flowers.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章绅士们
下一篇文章爱你,罗茜
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!