How can they appear the same?
爸 别干活了 去椅子上歇会儿吧
Daddy, cease your labour. Go and sit in your chair.
不能做到一半啊
I can’t leave this.
它能保持半小时 你去看报纸吧
It’ll keep for the half-hour. Go and peruse your newspaper.
你别弯腰
Do not stoop.
去吧 歇一歇身子骨
Go and rest your bones.
-怎么回事 -他在痛苦挣扎
-What’s occurring? -He’s struggling.
还在咳吗
Are you rattling?
好了 咳出来
Come on, bring it up.
不 不是这样的
No, indeed not, sir.
我应该告诉她的 我会告诉她
I shall. I shall tell her. I will tell her.
我该早点告诉她的
I ought to have told her afore.
-几年前 -你在说谁 爸
-Years ago. -Who do you speak of, Daddy?
在他们带走她之前
Afore they took her away.
复活节时 老天爷把她带走了
Eastertide, the good Lord took her from us.
我们没能好好待她 可怜的女人
We did not do right by her, poor woman.
她就是个疯子
She was a lunatic.
我们当时别无选择 爸
We didn’t have no choice, Daddy.
她让我们过得生不如死
She made our life a living hell.
她是你母亲啊 你竟这么说
She was your mother. Curse her!
尊重一下她吧
Show her due respect, boy.
这贱♥人♥
The bitch!
我的孩子
My little lad.

Daddy.
-下午好 -下午好 夫人
-Good afternoon, sir. -Good day to you, madam.
-好久不见了吧 -是
-It’s been a long while, ain’t it? -Yeah.
-要吃点什么吗 -不用了 谢谢
-May I offer you a refreshment? -No, thank you kindly.
-香槟 -不用
-Champagne? -No, no.
那没事
No mind, sir,
抱歉 所有的姑娘现在正忙 但年轻的伊莱莎有空
I regret all my lovely girls are occupied but we do have young Eliza here
我相信您以前见过她
who I do not believe you’ve had the pleasure of previous.
她笑起来很漂亮
She has a pleasing countenance, when she smiles.
-你好 先生 -你好
-Good day, sir. -Good day to you, miss.
亲爱的 带这位先生去你房♥间
Show the gentleman to your chamber, dear.
这边请
It’s this way, sir.
很好
Very fine.
我还有特别服务
I do extras.
不用 不用
No, no, no, no, no.
把紧身胸衣脱掉
Remove the bodice.
露出胸部
Expose your breasts.
不是这样
No, no…no.
躺到床上
Lay upon the bed.
两腿分开
Part your legs.
膝盖弯曲
Crook your knee.
右臂这样
Right arm as thus.
手放在头上 惆怅的表情
Hand upon the head. No…as in despair.

Yes.
伊莱莎 还是莱莎
Eliza…or Liza?
伊莱莎
Eliza.
叫莱莎也行
Or Liza.
-你多大了 -二十二岁
-Your age? -Twenty-two, sir.
二十二
Twenty-two?
您想喝点什么吗
Would you like something to drink, sir?
不用了 谢谢
No…thank you, miss.
现在
Now…
露出胸部
expose your breasts.
-你好 -夫人
-Good day, sir. -Madam.
-您要找客房♥吗 -是
-You be seeking lodgings? -Indeed.
噢 我认识你吧
Oh…I do know’ee.
达科沃斯先生
Er, Mr Duckworth.
-马拉 -噢 是马拉先生 当然
-Mallard. -Oh, Mr Mallard. Of course!
您很幸运 房♥间正好空着
Well, you be lucky. The room is free.
-很好 -请进吧
-Splendid. -Well, do come in.
来 能再见到您真是太好了
There. Oh, it be most pleasant to see you again.
马拉先生 房♥间里一切都满意吗
Oh, Mr Mallard. Everything satisfactory in your chamber?
很满意
Most agreeable.
好 您坐下 别客气
Good. Well, you sit there and make yourself comfy.
您刚旅途归来 一定十分疲惫
I expect you’ll be tired after your journey.
茶还没倒出来 是新鲜的 在茶壶里
Now, I have not poured your tea for it is fresh in the pot.
无所谓 我都可以 不管酿的还是炖的
No matter. Suits me, brewed and stewed.
这我还记得 马拉先生 你还要饼干吧
Now, that I do remember, Mr Mallard. And will you take a biscuit?
不用了 夫人 我在船上买♥♥了土豆吃
No, thank you, madam. I purchased a potato on the boat.
在船上应该也只能吃到那个了吧
I should think that were all you could manage on the steamer.
路上十分颠簸
It was somewhat turbulent.
那么我先走了 您请用餐
I shall leave you to take your refreshment.
夫人 请接收我的致哀
Madam, may I apprehend you with my condolences?
噢 谢谢您
I do thank you, sir.
您失去丈夫 我十分难过 请节哀
My sympathies, commiserations, for the loss of your dear departed man.
他的确是个好人
Well, he were a dear man.
我这辈子已经当了两次寡妇了
‘Tis twice in my life now I have found myself a widow.
我第一任丈夫在我很年轻的时候就去世了
My first husband were taken from me when I was but a young woman.
他是怎么去世的
How was he taken?
他在古德温暗沙溺水
He were foying over there on Goodwin Sands.
-他是救生员 -是 他救过很多人
-A life-saver. -Aye. He did save many a life.
但最后 却没能救回自己的
But in the end…he could not save his own.
我们最终都没能找到他的遗体 可怜人
We never did find him, poor soul.
我儿子失去父亲时候 他才8岁
My boy were eight year old when he did lose his father.
我8岁的时候 妹妹去世了
I was eight when I lost my little sister.
是吗 真抱歉
Oh? Oh, I am sorry.
人生大抵如此
Well…’tis the way of things.
马拉先生 您还在作画吗
You still making your nice little pictures, Mr Mallard?
挺好
There.
比利先生
Mr Billy.
欢迎回家
Welcome home.
这水脏了
Dirty water.
旅途还愉快吗
Pleasant trip?
你买♥♥的东西到了
Your order came.
-钴蓝色他送来了吗 -我放到罐子里了
-Did he send the cobalt blue? -I put it in a jar.
铬黄 猩红 铅白
Chrome yellow, scarlet lake, lead white.
-画布呢 -他帮我放到楼下了
-Canvases? -He put ’em downstairs for me.
两幅6尺乘4尺的 三幅4尺乘3尺的
Two six-by-fours, three four-by-threes.
-颜料调色油呢 -要下礼拜
-Megilp? -Next week.
旅途还好吗
Was it a pleasant trip?
-早上好 透纳先生 -马丁 比利 加西
-Good morning, Mr Turner. -Martin, Sir Billy, Gussy.
-你好 比利 -很高兴你能过来
-Good day to you, Billy. -Delighted you could join us.
今年选的画作很不错
Damn fine spectacle this year, Billy.
你好啊 斯托萨先生
A very fine day to you, Mr Stothard!
什么 噢
What? Oh!
透纳先生
Mr Turner, sir!
-康斯特堡 -透纳
-Constable. -Turner.
-琼斯 卡罗 -威廉
-Jonesy, Carlo. -William.
挂画委员会
The Hanging Committee.
-你还满意吗 -布置得很好
-You approve? -‘Tis well hung.
-谢谢 -不客气
-Grazie. -Prego.
这里的一切您都还满意吗 透纳先生
Would everything be to your satisfaction, Mr Turner?
很好 院长
It is indeed, Mr President.
-简直是个聚宝盆 -聚宝盆啊
-‘Tis a splendid cornucopia. -Cornucopia!
-早上好 透纳先生 -早上好 莱斯利先生
-Good morning, Turner. -Good morning to you, Mr Leslie.
-拉比 -早上好 透纳先生
-Rabbie. -Good morning, Mr Turner.
我的另一幅画在哪里
My other piece, where is it located?
-我们放到前厅了 -前厅啊
-We placed it in the anteroom. -The anteroom.
-卡鲁先生 -透纳
-Mr Carew! -Turner!
-斯坦尼 -你好 透纳先生
-Stanny. -Hello, Mr Turner, sir.
-这是给国王的吗 -是
-Is it for His Majesty? -Indeed.
-希望他会喜欢 -会的
-I hope it meets his expectations. -It will.
-格拉特 -透纳
-Grout. -Mr Turner.
-约翰·索恩爵士 -J·M·W·透纳先生
-Sir John Soane! -J.M.W. Turner, esquire!
-见到你真是意外 -老友
-As I live and breathe. -My dear friend.
最近怎样 约翰
Find yourself well, John?
-一天天过吧 -资本社会啊
-Relishing the day. -Capital.
我正在欣赏你的海景画作

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章绅士们
下一篇文章爱你,罗茜
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!