谢谢 科纳里斯
Thank you, Cornelius.
尼亚加拉大瀑布
Niagara Falls.
很快 画家们会扛着一个盒子
Soon painters will go about the world
走遍世界 就像修补匠一样
with a box, like a tinker,
而不是手臂下夹着画板
instead of a portfolio under their arms.
我相信的确会是这样
Well, I’m sure they will, sir. I’m sure they will.
现在 如果你们感觉合适
Now, if you are comfortable, madam, sir,
我们可以照了
we may proceed.
-谢谢 -谢谢您
-Thank you, miss. -Thank you, sir.
-祝您健康 -你也是 吉略特先生
-Your good health, sir. -And yours, Mr Gillott.
-透纳 -在
-Turner. -Sir.
-我有个提议 -噢
-I have a proposition to make. -Oh?
-我喜欢你的画 -谢谢
-I like your pictures. -Well, thank you, sir.
我的妻子尤其喜欢
My wife is especially partial
我们家客厅中挂着的您的几幅画
to your companion pieces that grace our drawing room.
请向夫人转达我的问候
Please convey my felicitations to your dear lady.
我会的 谢谢
I will, thank you.
现在我想给你看看我的画
And now I wish to show you one of my pictures.
是吗 我很好奇啊
Oh, indeed, sir? I am much intrigued.
五英镑 很漂亮嘛
Five-pound note, exceeding pretty.
那是
Quite so.
你所有的画 我愿意付两万张这钞票
For all of your paintings, I will give you 20,000 of these,
也就是十万镑
100,000 pounds.
所有的油画 水彩 所有的画和速写
All your oils, your watercolours, your drawings, your sketchbooks,
你画过的所有的
everything you’ve ever produced.
十万镑 你觉得如何
100,000 pounds. What do you say?
透纳 我是个有钱人
Turner, I am a man of wealth,
白手起家
a self-made man.
全世界 四分之三的书写产品
Throughout the world three quarters of everything that is written
都来自吉略特牌笔 我名下的笔
is written with a Gillott pen nib, one of my nibs.
我很享受自己的财富
I enjoy my wealth.
我这人 喜欢两件事
Two things delight me in my life:
由钢铁铸成笔 挣钱
fashioning a nib from steel and making money,
然后把钱花在自己喜欢的东西上
and I like to spend my money on things that give me pleasure.
您的画我很喜欢
And your pictures give me much pleasure.
我想把它们全部买♥♥下
I want them, all of them.
先生
Sir…
虽然会有些后悔
with a modicum of regret
或许心情还有点沉重
and somewhat of a heavy heart,
我很遗憾 这是不可能的
I’m sorry to say, ’tis out of the question.
-怎么呢 -它们会在我死后被送出去
-How so? -They are bequeathed.
送出去 给谁
Bequeathed? To whom?
送给英国 给国家
To the British nation, sir.
那么国家会付给你多少钱
And what will the British nation pay you?
-一镑都没有 -没有
-Nothing. -Nothing?
透纳 我开的这个价格 你以后再也见不到的
Turner, I am offering you a price you will never see again.
没错 我很感谢您的出价
Indeed, sir, by which I am much humbled.
-那么就接受吧 -我不能
-Then accept my offer. -I cannot, sir.
我希望 以后能见到自己的作品
I wish to see my work…
在同一个地方展出
displayed in one place,
所有的画
all together,
被公众欣赏
viewed by the public,
并且免费
gratis.
透纳 这简直不可理喻
Turner, this is perverse.
-那就这样吧 -你不能把画都捐了
-So be it. -You cannot give your pictures away.
它们太昂贵了 别这么傻了 讲点道理
They are too valuable. Don’t be a fool, man. See sense.
-再见 -再见
-I wish you good day, sir. -I wish you good day, sir.
姑娘 送这位先生出去
Me damsel, be so kind as to show the gentleman out?
噢 真是
Oh, there! Oh!

Oh, there.
噢 你别动 躺着
Oh! Oh, there. Stay there, stay there.
-不要动 -我 滑倒了
-Don’t move. -I…slipped.
天哪
Oh, Lord.
-天哪 没事吧 -会好的
-Oh, dear. All right? -It’s passing.
你别动啊
There, stay.
别动 亲爱的
Stay there. Oh, my dear.
-噢 来 -不要
-Oh, there. -No.
已经没事了 我要继续了
It’s passed. I’ve got to get on.
不行不行 你坐下 坐下
No, no, no, no. Sit ye down, sit ye down.
不行 我要继续画了
No, no. Got to get on now. Got to get on now.
-不行 你得坐下休息了 -我的画布
-No, you must sit down and rest now. -The canvas.
-画布都弄破了 -噢 没关系
-The canvas is damaged. -Oh, that’s all right.
过来坐下 坐下
Come and sit down. Sit ye down.
-来 -你走吧去忙你的
-There. -Now, bustle about.
-走吧 -行了 真是没法让人帮你
-Bustle about. -Oh, there! There be no helping you!
“不要动 我亲爱的茉莉”
“Be still, my dear Molly
“亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“Dear Molly, be still
“别再匆匆忙忙的”
“No more urge that soft sigh to thy will
“急着完成每个心愿”
“It is anxious each wish to fulfil
“但请你 亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“But I prithee, dear Molly, be still
“你的嘴唇微颤”
“By thy lips’ quivering motion I ween
“嘴唇之间的 是爱情”
“To the centre of…where love lies between
“福佑是你的心愿”
“A passport to bliss is thy will
“但请你 亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“Yet I prithee, dear Molly, be still”
“亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“Dear Molly, be still”
“快乐的眼睛 半睁着”
“By thy eyes when half-closed with delight
“含情脉脉地注视”
“That so languishing turn from the light
“我会藏着我的吻”
“With my kisses I’ll hide ’em, I will
“但请你 亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“Yet, prithee, dear Molly, be still”
“亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“Yet, prithee, dear Molly, be still”
“内心的悸动”
“By thy bosom so throbbing with truth
“我嫌它还太少”
“Its short heavings to me…speak reproof
“你微红的脸”
“By the half-blushing mark on each hill
“但请你 亲爱的茉莉 不要动”
“Oh, my Molly, dear Molly, be still.”
谢谢 你要多少
Thank you. How many do you want?
-一瓶 -一瓶
-One, please. -One?

There you go.
来啦
There.
你怎么了
What ails thee?
我帮你拿帽子
Let me take your hat.

Here.
-我的速写本 -噢
-My sketchbook. -Oh.
-不在这 -那在另一个口袋吧
-It’s not here. -‘Tis in your other pocket, then?
-也不在 -现在先别担心这个
-No, it’s not. -Don’t ye worry about it now.
肯定在某处 我们之后再找
‘Twill be somewhere. We can look for it later.
画布在哪
Where is the canvas?
在你后面呢 椅子上
‘Tis behind you, dear, on the chair.
-想要我拿去楼上吗 -什么
-You want I should take it upstairs? -What?
你的画布啊
Your canvas.
不用 不用
No, no, no, no, no.
我给你倒点喝的
I’ll get you a drink.

There.
那么
So…
你今天去哪了
where have you been today?
回去海德公园了
Did you go back to Hyde Park?
那里进展如何
How be it all progressing?
现象级的工程啊
It’s an engineering phenomenon.
水晶面板搭着水晶面板
Crystal pane upon crystal pane,
直通云霄
reaching up beyond the clouds.
会是了不起的建筑
‘Twill be a marvel to behold.
是个玻璃大教堂
It’s a glass cathedral.
它会是
It’s the one…
噢 来
Oh, here.
好了
Oh, there.
好了
Oh, there.
坏家伙 看你弄得一团糟
So bad! Look at your messings.
调皮的猫
Naughty pussy.
真搞不懂
I don’t know!
亲爱的 普莱斯医生来看你了
Now, dear, here be good Dr Price for ye.
他从马盖特远道过来
He has come all the way from Margate.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章绅士们
下一篇文章爱你,罗茜
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!