那你想我怎么样?
What would you want me to be?
我太善良了 这是我的问题
I’m just too kind, Anne, that’s my problem.
我把所有的注意力都放在别人身上 结果受罪的是我自己
I give all of my attention to others and then I suffer for it.
斗兽场有多远?
How far is the Colosseum?
你说得对
Mmm, you’re right, but how do I prioritize self-care
大家都想争取我的关注 我怎么能把照顾自己放在第一位呢?
with everyone around me constantly bidding for my attention?
麻烦给我倒一杯卡布奇诺
One cappuccino, please!
我意识到
What I’ve realized is I need to fall in love with myself first,
我需要先自爱 然后才能爱身边的人
and then I can truly love those around me, and that’s all there is to it.
这就是秘诀
Oh!
橱窗里的箭猪多少钱?
How much is that porcupine in the window?
我身后有什么?
What’s behind me? -Cheese roll?
奶酪卷?
你们是不是想瞒着我去什么地方 向我姐姐示意 让她保密?
Are you trying to go somewhere without me and gesturing to keep it a secret?
我们要去散步 玛丽
We are going for a-a walk, Mary.
-要走很远 -穿过树林
Very long walk. -Through the woods.
-你讨厌大自然 -你讨厌挪动脚步
You hate nature. -You hate moving your legs.
你上次让我们把你抬回家
You made us carry you home last time.
你们是以为我会因为讨厌一件事 而不去做吗?
So, you assume because I hate something I don’t want to do it?
Um
很好
Great.
到处都是虫子
Bugs everywhere.
安妮 我一直想问你一件事
Anne. -Hmm?
There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you,
但我感到羞愧
but I’m ashamed.
什么事情?
What is it?
你记得温特沃斯舰长第一次来的时候
You remember when Captain Wentworth first came
我当时鼓励你去追他吗?
and I encouraged you to pursue him?
记得
Yes.
当然了 那会儿我还不认识他
Well, that was before I knew him, of course.
我真心希望你们能成为一对
And I genuinely hoped that you two would be a match.
但你好像也没有兴趣
Not that you seem at all interested.
-没有吗? -你几乎不看他
Don’t I? -You barely look at him.
-现在你喜欢他了? -他就是一切
And now you’d like him for yourself?
He’s everything.
你看起来很惊讶
You seem surprised.
我是很惊讶 我以为你们俩只是
I suppose I am. I thought you two were–
我不知道他的感受 但我爱上他了
I don’t know how he feels, but I’m falling in love.
我其实站在你的角度想过很多次
I’ve thought quite a lot about how I would feel were our roles reversed.
如果我是你 我可能会很受伤 甚至可能会嫉妒
I might be hurt, perhaps even jealous,
但坦白说 看到你开心 我所感受到的快乐
but I can honestly say that any sorrow for myself would be entirely eclipsed
会让自怜自艾的感觉显得微不足道
by the pleasure I would take in seeing you happy.
你真的很努力
You’re trying very hard here.
有用吗?
Is it working?
我不明白 你为什么觉得需要征求我的同意
I don’t understand why you think you need my permission
毕竟我几乎不看他
if you say I barely look at him.
就是因为你几乎不看他才不对劲
Because it’s the way you barely look at him.
我知道自己看到的是什么 你们俩之间并非萍水相逢的情感
I know what I’m watching and it’s more than two people who have merely met.
你看到的是过去
What you’re seeing is the past.
听着 我相信这个男人 可以成为我的未来
Look, I believe this man could be my future.
护卫舰比单桅帆船大吧?
And a frigate is larger than a sloop, correct?
-有人在默默做功课呢 -很好
Someone’s been studying. -Very good.
一艘单桅帆船上 会有130名左右的船员
A sloop is crewed by 130 men or so, while a frigate can carry 140 to 200.
护卫舰能承载140到200名船员
我猜这取决于船是五等还是六等
Depending on whether it’s fifth or sixth rate, I suppose.
“这会儿 五月如同笑容满面的火车 载着春日的美妙 “
“Now May with all her smiling trains of vernal beauty sticks–”
别念诗了 你知道我讨厌隐喻
That’s more than enough poetry. You know how much I detest metaphor.
抱歉 玛丽 我忘了
Sorry, Mary, I’d forgotten. My mind is like a sieve.
我的脑子像金鱼般健忘
这是明喻 不是隐喻
Which is a simile, not a metaphor.
好吧 我的就是长了金鱼的脑子
Fine. My mind is a sieve.
不管你长的是什么脑子 别再别出心裁地用词了 我受不了
Whatever your mind is, stop using words imaginatively.
I can’t bear it.
看啊 我们可以去哈利海特家
Look! We could drop in on Harry Hayter.
也许他会向我求婚
Perhaps he’s worked up the nerve to propose to me.
我不是故意带领大家往这条路走的
Not that I had any intention for leading us in this direction.
没门 我绝不会进入海特家
No, absolutely not. I will not enter the Hayter house.
-我肯定会染病的 -玛丽 别这么荒唐
I’m sure to contract some terrible illness.
Mary, don’t be ridiculous.
关心我的健康算是荒唐吗?
Is it ridiculous to care for one’s health?
常识就是 雇用了少于五个佣人的家庭很不卫生
Households employing fewer than five servants are unsanitary.
舰长 别因为我们跟穷♥人♥交往 就对我们印象不好
Please don’t judge us by our poor relations, captain.
这种关系让人不满
It’s unpleasant having such connections.
你觉得他配不上你的小姑子
Just to be clear, you disapprove of him for your sister-in-law
是因为他不够有钱?
because he is not wealthy enough?
这真的令人难受 不是吗?
I know. It really is awful, isn’t it?
走吧?
Shall we?
艾略特家族自恃清高
It’s that Elliot pride. I find it detestable.
我觉得这很可恶
要是你认识沃特爵士 你会以为准男爵的地位仅次于国王
To know Sir Walter, one might believe the title of Baronet second only to King.
安妮真是出淤泥而不染
Lord knows how sweet Anne came out of that lot.
我们当时真的希望查尔斯娶她 你也这么想吧?
We all so wish Charles had married her instead. Don’t you agree?
别被她骗了
Don’t let her fool you. -What do you mean?
什么意思?
安妮和其他人一样自负 只是表现形式不同
Anne Elliot has as much pride as the rest. It just takes a different form.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
下次等你亲眼看到艾略特小姐
Next time you witness Miss Elliot quietly installing herself
在社交圈的边缘徘徊时
on the outskirts of some social situation,
看看她是不是故意占据这个有利位置 好妄自评判别人
consider whether she might assume this vantage in order to judge everyone.
很严苛地评判
Harshly.
安妮艾略特有着一尘不染的善良之心
Anne Elliot is pure kindness.
你不像我那样了解她
You don’t know her like I do.
路易莎 你才有着一尘不染的善良之心
You are the one who is pure kindness, Louisa,
正因如此 你才会永远都看到别人最好的一面
and for this reason you always assume the best of others.
要是最深的信念也能被他人动摇
The truest evidence of an inferior mind
就能有力地证明这个人优柔寡断
is to allow oneself to be persuaded away from one’s deepest convictions.
什么最深的信念?
What deepest convictions?
我不允许你诋毁安妮 我很珍惜她
I won’t have you speak ill of Anne. She is too dear to me.
我不知道你们俩之间发生了什么事情 我也不想问
I don’t know what happened between you and I’m not asking.
我的确看到了她最好的一面 我恳求你也去找找她的优点
I do see the best in her, and I implore you to look for it too.
请原谅我 我太过分了
Please forgive me. I’ve been too harsh.
谢谢你指正我
Thank you for calling me to task.
如果我原谅你 你能教我读六分仪吗?
If I forgive you, will you teach me how to read a sextant?
-现在时间不够吧? -我今晚有空
On such short acquaintance? -I’m free this evening.
去走走吗?
Shall we wander?
你本以为已经跌到了谷底了
There’s nothing worse than thinking your life is ruined
结果意识到还有万丈深渊等着你堕下 没什么比这样更糟了
and then realizing you’ve got much, much further to fall.
正如我所说
Like I said.
见到你真好
How lovely to see you.
-她受伤了 -我要问问她吗?
She’s injured. -Shall I ask her?
安妮 要我们送你回家吗?
Anne? Anne, may we offer you a ride home?
-谢谢 我没事 -安妮 你的脚明显受伤了
Thank you. I’m quite all right. -Anne, you’ve clearly hurt your foot.
离我们那儿用不上十分钟 上来吧
It’s hardly ten minutes out of our way. Please, come.
你们真好 我很享受这里的新鲜空气
You’re so kind. And I’m so enjoying the fresh air.
你就这么难以放下自尊心吗?
Must you be so proud?
求你了 别让大家难做
Please, let this be easy.
詹姆斯
James.
过来
Come here.
我需要你帮个忙 你能帮忙吗?
I need a favor from you. Do you think you can help?
我需要你紧紧抱住我 紧得让我感受不到自己的身体
I need you to hug me so tightly that I can’t feel my body anymore.
你能做到吗?
Do you think you can do that? -Mm-hmm.
詹姆斯 下午茶时间到
James, tea time.
安妮
Anne. Anne, we are going to Lyme. Tomorrow.
安妮 我们明天要去莱姆
已经决定好了 我们会在海边过夜
It’s been decided. We’ll spend the night by the sea.
为什么要去莱姆?
To Lyme? Why?
温特沃斯舰长 想带我们认识他的海军朋友
Captain Wentworth wants us to meet some of his Navy friends.
-恐怕我不太想去旅行 -什么?
I’m not quite up for a trip, I’m afraid. -What?
安妮 我们明天要去莱姆
Anne, we’re going to Lyme tomorrow. I need 24 hours away from the terrors.
我需要跟讨厌鬼们分开24个小时
不 等等
No, wait.
玛丽 我不想
Mary, I’m not–
别 你总是想破坏我的乐趣 我不同意
No. You’re always out to ruin my fun and I won’t have it.
我需要放假
I need a holiday, and I need you with me
要是其他人不再想讨好我 我就需要你陪我说说话
to have someone to talk at when the others stop feeling obligated.
还挺有自知之明的 令人惊讶
Shockingly self-aware.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!