I broke his heart.
他也知道为什么
And he knew why.
我以为我当时是保护你 我错了
I thought I was protecting you. I was wrong.
我现在明白了
I see that now.
我很抱歉
And I’m sorry.
你会找到你的真命天子
You will find the one that’s meant for you.
一个爱你足够多的人会为你而战
The one who loves you enough to fight for you.
亲爱的 你有那么强烈的感觉 让我感到钦佩
Darling, I admire how strongly you feel about it,
但你总得向前走
but at some point, you have to move on.
恐怕温特沃斯 是一艘已经出海远行的船
I fear Wentworth is a ship that has sailed,
所以听我一声满怀爱意的忠告吧: 放弃所有的希望
so I say this with love.
Abandon all hope.
没错 他没给我写过信
It’s true, he hasn’t written to me.
但我知道他不会给我写
But I knew he wouldn’t.
他自尊心太强了 不会苦苦哀求
He respects himself too much to beg.
他没有为我而战
He didn’t fight for me because
因为他永远都无法珍视 要为之付出代价的爱情
he could never value a love that wasn’t offered freely.
我相信他已经把这一切都放下了
I’m sure he’s put it all behind him.
而另一方面
I, on the other hand,
我痛苦地将这一切留在了我的面前
have kept it painfully in front of me.
他在教堂里传给我的第一张纸条
The first note he passed me in church.
他给我制♥作♥的播放清单
The playlist he made me.
(情歌♥)
他的一束头发
One lock of hair from him.
还有他的马桑普森的一束鬃毛 但我跟他的马不熟
And one from his horse, Sampson, whom I scarcely knew.
还有这个牛铃
And this cow bell,
铃♥声♥悲伤 奏出空虚的哀乐 能最准确地表达我的忧郁
whose sad, empty knell best captures my melancholy.
八年了
Eight years of it.
他周游列国
He’s been all over.
得到了海军的爱戴
And the Navy adores him.
“弗雷德里克温特沃斯 在拉科尼亚号♥上赚了一大笔钱”
“Frederick Wentworth turns a pretty penny aboard the Laconia.”
“弗雷德里克温特沃斯 拯救了一只搁浅的鲸鱼
“Frederick Wentworth rescues a beached whale
围观者在一旁啜泣”
as onlookers weep.”
而且至今还没有宣布结婚
And yet no marriage announcement.
完全没有迹象表明
Nothing at all to indicate
他之后跟别人发生过恋情
he’s since been in any way attached to another.
换句话说
In other words
希望永不止息
hope springs eternal.
我们要搬家了 我需要考虑一下我到巴斯的人格面具
As we’re moving, I need to think about my Bath persona.
我觉得巴斯的伊丽莎白 应该比伦敦的伊莉莎白少几分老练
I think Bath Elizabeth should be less sophisticated than London Elizabeth,
但不能像乡村的伊莉莎白 那么自♥由♥奔放
but not as free-spirited as country Elizabeth.
佩内洛普 你觉得呢?
Penelope, what do you think?
你会陪着艾略特一家到北部吗?
You’ll accompany the Elliots north, Mrs. Clay?
我不想给他们添麻烦
Oh, I wouldn’t dream of imposing.
乱说 你一心想着跟我们一起去
Of course you would. You dream of nothing but.
也算你幸运了 我不会想着 抛下你去任何地方的
And lucky for you, I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere without you.
佩内洛普克雷夫人是个寡妇
Mrs. Penelope Clay,
但她从来不说这事
widowed, though she never speaks of it.
双方遇见时 男方已经成了一具尸体 所以她没把这场转折放心上
He was a corpse when they met, so perhaps the transition escaped her attention.
罗素夫人担心克雷夫人别有用心 打着我父亲的主意
Lady Russell worries that Mrs. Clay has designs on my father,
但我觉得她不是我父亲的菜
but I don’t think she’s his type.
再说了 你能想象 我父亲跟低等级的人结婚吗?
Besides, can you actually imagine my father marrying down?
如果你父亲不需要你 那你一定要来
Oh, you must come, if your father can spare you.
薛波先生 你能让佩内洛普出来吗?
Mr. Shepherd, do you think you can spare Penelope?
Hmm.
妙极了 真棒 完美 沃尔特爵士
Good, fine, exquisite, Sir Walter.
你真的太慷慨了
You really are too generous for your own good!
你的陪伴给我们带来快乐 我们需要你
We’ll need your pleasant company
我们在巴斯需要忍♥受平庸的面庞 你的美貌可以填补缺失
to make amends for the many plain faces we shall have to endure in Bath.
听着 沃尔特爵士 并非每个人生来都相貌姣好
Now, Sir Walter, not everyone was made to be handsome.
在那些人群中 你的美貌会脱颖而出
Your beauty will shine twice as brightly amongst them.
如果你在伦敦很平凡 那么到了巴斯 你就出类拔萃了
It is said if you’re a five in London, you’re a ten in Bath.
这么想吧
Well, just think,
你和伊莉莎白加起来 更是无人能敌了
you and Elizabeth, you’ll be thirteens there.
你至少能略微高人一等 安妮
You’ll be at least a six, Anne.
话说回来 安妮要过一阵子再来
Anyway, Anne won’t be joining us for quite some time.
什么?
What?
我今天收到玛丽的来信
I got a letter from Mary today.
她又生病了 需要你立即前往艾柏克罗斯
She’s ill again and needs you at Uppercross immediately.
我知道你几乎无法容忍♥她
I know you barely tolerate her.
但还是比其他人对她 有着更正面的看法
Still, it’s a more positive reaction than anyone else has towards her,
所以叫你去也是合理的
making you the logical choice.
太好了
Fabulous.
确保在上将抵达前把好的床单藏起来
Make sure the nice linens are hidden before the admiral arrives.
怎么?怕被他们偷走吗?
Why? Do you think they’ll steal them?
想到他们的皮肤紧贴我的床单 就让我不好受
I don’t like the idea of their naked skin on my sheets.
可能会给你带来好运
It might bring you luck.
把账簿藏起来 我不想让任何人冒充我的身份
And hide the ledgers. I don’t want anyone assuming my identity.
现在应该没有人想要背负你的债务
I don’t think anyone wants your credit at this point, Father.
对了 还要温柔地提醒他们
Oh, and remind them, in a gentle way,
不要靠近我的玫瑰园
never to go anywhere near my rose garden.
是的 拜托了 还有灌木丛
Oh, yes, please. And the shrubberies.
想到别人欣赏我的灌木丛 我就不好受
I don’t like the idea of my shrubberies being enjoyed by others.
用粗糙的床单
Use the scratchy linen,
不要踏进花♥园♥ 不要看灌木丛
don’t set foot in the garden and don’t look at the shrubberies.
还有别的客套话吗?
Any other hospitable words?
就这么多
That is all. Oh, but please make sure every room is spotless before they arrive.
但请确保在他们到达之前 每间房♥间都一尘不染
我不想听到关于灰尘的谣言漫天飞
I don’t want rumors circulating about dust.
比我们之前听说的更不可思议
Oh.
It’s even more incredible than we were told.
你不用担心 我们会是很省心的租客
You mustn’t worry, we’ll be excellent tenants.
你总是跟你的丈夫一起旅行吗?
Do you always travel with your husband?
是的 没人会阻止我
Oh, yes. And no one will ever stop me.
我已经横渡大西洋四次了
I’ve crossed the Atlantic four times,
去过一次东印度 然后回来了
gone once to the East Indies and back again.
科克、里斯本、直布罗陀
Cork, Lisbon, Gibraltar
我人生中最快乐的时光 都是在船上度过的
The happiest moments of my life have been spent aboard a ship.
你真幸运
You’re very lucky.
等你恋爱了 你就明白了
You’ll see when you’re in love.
知道吗? 克罗夫特夫人的弟弟还是单身
You know, Anne, Mrs. Croft’s baby brother is a bachelor.
他是海军舰长 非常成功
He’s a captain in the Navy, quite successful.
爱德华 别说了
Edward, please don’t.
一个女人不嫁人不是什么问题
A woman without a husband is not a problem to be solved.
-我其实认识你弟弟 -是吗?
I knew your brother, actually. -Did you?
真棒啊
Oh, how wonderful.
等他加入我们之后 也许我们可以共进晚餐
Perhaps we can all have dinner together once he joins us.
加入你们?
Joins you?
-他的船舰刚靠岸 -他两天后就能到这儿
His ship just docked. -He’ll be here in two days.
花♥园♥真漂亮啊
These gardens are so beautiful.
不知道他会不会期待见面
I wonder how he feels as to a meeting.
如果他真的想见我 就不需要等这么久了
If he’d wished to see me before now, he need not have waited.
他肯定还在生气
He’s angry still, I’m sure.
要是我是错的呢?
What if I’ve been wrong?
要是这么多年来 他还一直对我朝思暮想呢?
What if he’s been pining for me day and night all these years?
(艾柏克罗斯)
Whoa there!

Here you are.
能来人帮帮我吗?
Can someone help me?
玛丽比伊丽莎白更招人喜欢
Mary is preferable to Elizabeth
因为她是个十足的自恋狂
in that she’s a total narcissist.
所以跟她聊天很不费劲
So, conversing with her requires very little energy
也可以很有趣
and can be great fun.
曾经有一次 我讲意大利语
Once, I went an entire 24 hours
讲了足足24个小时
speaking exclusively in Italian.
在我让她把盐递给我时 她才注意到
She only noticed when I asked her to pass the sale.
她深深沉浸在自己的痛苦之中
She’s so wrapped up in her own suffering
只要我不清清嗓子 她就不会发现我来了
that, until I clear my throat, she won’t even notice I’m here.
看好了
Watch.
首先 她会抱怨自己染上了 某种不明疾病 说自己濒临死亡
First, she’ll complain about some unidentifiable ailment
that has her on the verge of death.
接下来她会责怪她丈夫 没有好好照顾她
Next, she’ll rail against her husband for not caring for her properly.
然后她会骂自己的姻亲
And then she will assault her in-laws,
说他们经常不尊重她 肯定在私底下贬低她
who constantly disrespect her and must secretly despise her.
你来了 让我松一口气

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!