帮个忙 宝贝
Oh, my God. Baby? Help me, baby.
看她
Aw, look at her.
-是个小可爱 -在她长大前拍些照片
– That little, sweet little… – Get a picture before she gets too old.
她很美 丽莎 她有长发
She’s perfect, Lisa. Long hair.
替我叫熟菜店送一磅…
Go down to Famous Fourth Street Deli, and get a pound of Nova…
熏鲑鱼
No… Scotch salmon. She likes that.
面包卷 甜甜圈… 打电♥话♥给我
Yeah. Some onion rolls, bagels… Here, give me a call.
-好的香槟 -你是电视上那人
– Nice champagne. – You’re that TV guy.
别管多少 要唐培里侬香槟
I don’t care how much it costs. Get some nice Dom Perignon.
-谢谢 – 多少钱
– Thanks. – How much?
一百元 不要唐培里侬香槟 要一瓶加州香槟吧
A hundred dollars? Don’t get Dom Perignon. Get a nice Californian.
唐培里侬香槟太贵了 快些 她快饿死了
Dom Perignon’s too much. Get it all over here, because she’s starving.
不 爱丽丝 不是婴儿 是丽莎
No, Iris, not the baby. Lisa is starving.
对 是丽莎 爱丽丝
Yeah, Lisa. Iris, listen.
-有人打电♥话♥来吗 -安德鲁·贝克特打电♥话♥来
– Anybody call? – An Andrew Beckett called.
贝克特 谁是安德鲁·贝克特
Beckett? Who’s Andrew Beckett?
他来了 约瑟夫
There he is! Joseph!
一星期后
和我解释一下 就当我是一个六岁的孩子
I want you explain to me like I’m six years old, okay?
街上只有一个小区域在施工
The entire street is clear, except for one small area under construction:
一个大洞已被围住 亦有记号♥
This huge hole that is clearly marked and blocked off.
-是的 -你仍决定从这里过去
– Yes. – You decide to cross at this spot.
你跌下洞里 要控告市政♥府♥疏忽
You fall into the hole. Now you want to sue the city for negligence, right?
对 可以打官司吗
Yes. Do I have a case?
-可以 当然可以 -很好
– Yes. Of course you’ve got a case. – Great.
我的助手爱丽丝会叫你填些表格
– Go with my assistant Iris. – All right.
告诉你费用安排
She’ll have you fill out some forms, tell you about our fee arrangement.
有赔偿才收钱
Of course, you know we take no cash unless we get cash justice for you.
有腰痛 头晕吗
How’s your back? You got any lower back pain, dizziness, nightmares?
你不提起还 我正想说呢
Funny you should mention that. I been having…
爱丽丝会照顾你 爱丽丝 请好好照顾芬利先生
Iris will take good care of you. Iris, you take good care of Mr. Finley.
-我会的 -非常谢谢你
– I will. Mr. Beckett’s here. – Hey, thanks a lot.
再见 贝克特先生
Take care. Mr. Beckett?
贝克特先生 请进
Mr. Beckett, come in.
再见到你真好 律师
It’s good to see you again, Counselor.
塔特法官 肯多建筑
Judge Tate. Kendall Construction.
无害
“Innocuous.”
你的脸怎么了
How are you? What happened to your face?
我患了艾滋病
I have AIDS.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry. I, uh…
-我可坐下吗 -可以
– Can I sit down? – Yeah.
谢谢
Thank you.
瞧这个
Oh, look at this.
你有了小宝宝
You have a new baby.
对 是个女孩
Yeah. I got a little baby girl.
是女孩 恭喜
“It’s a girl.” Congratulations.
才一周大
Yeah. One week old.
孩子真好
Kids are great.
多谢 我很兴奋 听着…
Yeah. Thank you, Beckett. I’m real excited about it. Listen, I…
我有什么可以效劳
What can I do for you?
我被怀恩特惠勒解雇了
I’ve been fired by Wyant, Wheeler.
我打算告他们非法解雇
I want to bring a wrongful termination suit against Wheeler and his partners.
你要告怀恩特惠勒赫勒曼律师事务所
You want to sue Wyant, Wheeler, Hellerman, Tetlow and Brown?
对 我在找辩护律师
Correct. I’m seeking representation.
继续
Continue.
他们说我把起诉书放错了 这是他们的说辞
I misplaced an important complaint. That’s their story.
要听我的辩解吗
Want to hear mine?
在我之前 你找过多少律师
How many lawyers did you go to before you called me?
九个
Nine.
继续
Continue.
在起诉书到期前一晚 我在赶工
The night before it was due, I worked on the complaint in my office.
把复印件放在桌上
I left a copy of it on my desk.
第二天 起诉书消失了
The next day, the complaint vanished.
没有任何复印件
No hard copy.
我计算机中一切数据亦神秘失踪
All traces of it mysteriously gone from my computer.
奇迹地 起诉书在最后一分钟出现
Miraculously, a copy of the complaint was located at the last minute…
正好让我及时赶去法庭
and we got it to court on time.
第二天 我被合伙人们叫去开会
But the next day I was summoned to a meeting with the managing partners.
他们在会议室等我
They were waiting for me in the conference room.
嗨 安迪 进来
Oh, hello, Andy! Come on in.
介意把窗关上吗
Would you mind hitting the windows?
谢谢 进来
Thanks. Come on in.
肯尼斯 罗伯特 查尔斯 沃尔特和莉迪娅
Kenneth, Robert, Charles, Walter and Lydia.
多谢你进来
Thanks for coming in.
应该的
Oh, of course.
安迪 在我们开始之前 我只想告诉你…
Andy, before we begin, I’d just like to say…
这个房♥里的都是你朋友
that everyone in this room is your friend.
我知道 查尔斯
I know that, Charles.
甚至超过朋友
More than your friend…
就像家人
family.
查尔斯 我为昨天高线案的事道歉
Charles, I must apologize again for the Highline mishap yesterday.
令大家受惊了
That was some scary moment around here.
幸好及时找到起诉书
Wow. Thank God the complaint was found…
没造成损失
and no damage was done.
这一次没损失 下次呢
This time. What about next time?
不会有下次
There won’t be a next time.
我保证
I guarantee it.
你最近有点心神恍惚 安迪
Yeah. It’s just that something’s come over you lately, Andy.
我不明白
I don’t know…
有点神不守舍
some kind of stupor or fogginess.
有人认为你态度有问题
Some people think you have an attitude problem, Beckett.
真的
Really?
谁认为
Who thinks that?

I do.
恕我冒昧
Excuse me.
我被解雇了吗
Am I being fired?
这么说吧 安迪
Let me put it this way, Andy.
你在本公♥司♥前途堪虞
Your place in the future of this firm is no longer secure.
我们觉得限制你的发展
We feel it isn’t fair to keep you here…
留住你对你并不公平
when your prospects are limited.
我也不想赶你走
And now, I don’t want to rush you out…
但我们已开会决定了
We’ve got a committee meeting.
对不起 查尔斯
Excuse me, Charles…
不是我不尊重你 但这是荒谬的
with all due respect, this is preposterous!
完全没道理
It doesn’t make any sense.
不 你没有态度问题
Oh, you’re right, Beckett. You don’t have an attitude problem.
别紧张 沃尔特
Take it easy.
若你们不信任我 为何把高线案交给我
If you’d lost confidence in me, why did you give me the Highline suit?
你差点误了事 那已不可原谅
Andy, you nearly blew the entire case. That alone is inexcusable.
那可就难收拾了
It would have been catastrophic for us.
你隐瞒了你的病
So you were concealing your illness.
对了
That’s correct.
把我当两岁小孩说给我听
All right. Explain this to me like I’m a two-year-old, okay?
有些事我不明白
Because there’s an element to this thing that I cannot get through my thick head.
你不是必须告诉雇主
Didn’t you have an obligation to tell your employer…
你得了传染病
you had this dreaded, deadly, infectious disease?
不是这问题
That’s not the point.
我受雇期间
From the day they hired me to the day I was fired…
一直有出色表现
I served my clients consistently, thoroughly, with absolute excellence.
如果不是他们开除我 现在我仍是十分优秀的
If they hadn’t fired me, that’s what I’d be doing today.
他们不能因为艾滋而开除你
And they don’t want to fire you for having AIDS…
于是设计你失职
so, in spite of your brilliance, they make you look incompetent.
像文件神秘失踪 是这样
Thus, the mysterious lost files. Is that what you’re trying to tell me?
没错 我被设计了
Correct. I was sabotaged.
我不能相信 律师
I don’t buy it, Counselor.
那真令人失望
That’s very disappointing.
我不认为值得打官司
I don’t see a case.
我认为这案子可以成立
I have a case.
除非你不想接
If you don’t want it for personal reasons…
谢谢 没错 我不想
Thank you. That’s correct. I don’t.
那么多谢你的时间 律师

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章巨人传
下一篇文章惊声尖笑4
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!