our fear of homosexuals…
而那种嫌恶 恐惧
and how that climate of hatred and fear…
演化成解雇某个同性恋者
translated into the firing of this particular homosexual…
这使我的当事人安德鲁·贝克特失去了他的工作
my client, Andrew Beckett.
请坐下 米勒先生
Please have a seat, Mr. Miller.
很好
Very good.
在法庭内 正义是无偏见的
In this courtroom, Mr. Miller, justice is blind
无关种族 教义 肤色
to matters of race, creed, color…
宗教和性取向
religion and sexual orientation.
但是 法官大人
With all due respect, Your Honor…
我们不是住在法庭里
we don’t live in this courtroom, though, do we?
对 我们不是
No, we don’t.
不管怎样 我依此证词
However, as regards to this witness…
宣布被告反对有效
I’m going to sustain the defense’s objection.
你们出海有多久不泊岸
How many weeks would you be out to sea without stopping at port?
两星期到数个月不等
Oh, anywhere from two weeks to several months.
船上有女人吗
Any women on board?
我在海军时没有
Not when I was in the navy.
在长途旅程中
So, during these long voyages…
数月都在海上 见不到女人
months at a time out to sea, no women in sight…
数百个精壮的年青人在血气方刚的年纪
hundreds of hardworking, robust young men in the prime of their lives…
有着天赋的本能
at the peak of their natural appetites and desires…
荷尔蒙开始上升时 有什么事发生吗
their God-given hormonal instincts, anything going on?
发生 比方说呢
Going on? Like what?
比方两个水手在舱里偷偷摸摸
Like two sailors down below making flippy-flop.
-反对 -米勒先生
– Objection. – Mr. Miller.
有个这样的人
We had one guy like that.
你没有裁决我的反对 法官大人
You haven’t ruled on my objection, Your Honor.
继续吧 米勒先生
Go on, Mr. Miller.
你有个这样的人是指同性恋
You had one guy like that. You mean a homosexual?
他裸身到处走 想引人注意
He strutted around quarters naked trying to get everybody to notice him.
大家都讨厌他
Made everyone sick.
这破坏我们的士气
He was destroying our morale.
我们让他知道这种行为是不被接受的
So we let him know this kind of behavior was not acceptable.
如何做 写信给他
How’d you do that? Wrote him a letter?
全体小便后把他的头塞进马桶
We stuck his head in a latrine after ten of us had used it.
-你们教训了他 -是的 没错
– You taught him a lesson, didn’t you? – Yes, we did.
-像你教训了安德鲁一样 -反对
– Like firing Andrew taught him a lesson. – Objection.
我收回问题 你知道梅莉莎·本尼迪克特有艾滋
I withdraw. You were aware when you worked with Melissa Benedict…
对吗
that she had AIDS, correct?
-她没隐瞒 -你应分辨得出…
– She didn’t try to conceal it. – So you are aware…
病变与瘀伤的不同
of the difference between a bruise and a lesion. Correct?
贝克特说被球击中 我相信他
Beckett told me he had been hit by a racket ball, and I believed him.
你知道本尼迪克特有艾滋后有回避她吗
Did you avoid contact with Ms. Benedict after you found out she had AIDS?
她说你厌恶她 是这样吗
She says and I quote, that you were repulsed by her. Is that correct?
我深深地…
I felt, and I still feel nothing…
对梅莉莎这样不是因自身错误…
but the deepest sympathy and compassion for people like Melissa…
而感染上疾病的人感到同情
who contracted this terrible disease through no fault of their own.
安迪 别动
Don’t move now.
好的
Okay.
天 下不去
Boy. It’s not going through.
我们得再来一次
We may have to flush it out again.
血管塞了
The vein’s closed.
我们最好叫芭芭拉来
We’ve got to call Barbara.
-拉切特护士 -等等
– Nurse Ratchett. – Wait a minute.
叫她过来
Yeah. Tell her to come over.
我还有很多事要做
Look, I’ve… There’s so much stuff that I need to get done.
今晚能不能别作治疗
Can we… Can we just skip the treatment for tonight?
不 不能不做
No. We are not skipping this treatment.
这是我的手 我说不做就不做
It’s my arm, and it’s my treatment, and I say skip it.
你知道吗
You know something?
这东西会救你的命
That stuff is saving your life.
今晚你怎么了
What’s the matter with you tonight?
把书合上
Close the law book.
让我…
Will you just…
你至少可以…
The least you can do…
看着我
is look at me…
给我一点点时间
and give me a little of your time, man.
明白吗
Got it?
你在担心…
You are worried…
我们时间不多了 是吗
we don’t have very much time left, now, aren’t you?
不是
No. No.
我告诉你我会怎样做
I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do.
我会开始计划我的丧礼
I’m going to start planning my memorial service.
我已作好最坏打算
I’m going to start preparing for the inevitable.
也许你该考虑一下
Maybe you should think about it.
不…
No.
我有个更好的主意
I’ve got a better idea.
嗨 安德鲁 嗨 米格尔
– Hi, Andrew. Hi, Miguel. – Hey, hey!
-乔·米勒律师 -我妻子 丽莎
– Oh, Joe Miller, Counselor. – My wife, Lisa.
-你是丽莎 很高兴见到你 -幸会
– Are you Lisa? Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
-你气色很好 -玛丽亚 丽莎
– You look wonderful! – Maria, Lisa.
她是米格尔的姐姐 玛丽亚
– Miguel’s sister, Maria. – How are you, Maria?
-要喝什么吗 -我照顾乔 谢谢你
– Do you care for something to drink? – I’ll take care of Joe.
你今晚气色不错
You’re looking, uh, alive tonight!
我输过血 感觉很好
I had a blood transfusion, and I feel great.
喜欢吗 这叫律师装
So, you like it? I’m a lawsuit.
明白吗 律师装
You get it? I’m a lawsuit.
不错 你喝什么
– It’s not bad. – Lawsuit.
-你喝什么 -葡萄酒吧
What are you drinking? – Wine is good.
给我一杯红酒好吗
Can I have some of the red, please?
我们今晚找时间练习问答
We’ve got to get to this Q and A sometime tonight, you know?
好呀 但有一个问题
Sure. Just one problem.
-我现在没空 -好吧 随你
– I’m at a party right now. – Fine. Whatever.
-我们晚一点再练习 -谢谢
– We’ll get to it, just later. – Thank you.
你好 乔·米勒
Hi, Joe Miller.
-我认识你吗 -蒙娜丽莎
– Do I know you? – Mona Lisa.
我是律师
Ah. Uh, lawsuit.
玩开心点
Nice. Have fun.
桑德曼先生
Mr. Sandman
给我个梦
Bring me a dream
把他变成最可爱的男孩
Make him the cutest boy that I’ve ever seen
给他两片红唇
Give him two lips like roses in clover
告诉我寂寞的夜已成过去
Then tell me that my lonesome nights are over
桑德曼先生
Mr. Sandman
我那么寂寞
I’m so alone
没有自己的男友
Don’t have a boyfriend to call my own
请开着你的魔术棒
Oh, won’t you please turn on your magic beam
桑德曼先生 给我们一个梦
Mr. Sandman, bring us a dream
但很难想象
It is hard to imagine
没有什么
Oh, that nothing at all
可以那么刺♥激♥
Could be so exciting
可以那么刺♥激♥
Could be so exciting
那么好玩
And so much fun
天堂
Oh, heaven
是一个地方
Is a place
那儿没什么 没什么
Where nothing Oh, nothing
会出错
Can go wrong
谢谢
Thank you.
-谢谢 -不客气
– Thank you. – Sure.
恭喜 律师
Congratulations, Counselor.
恭喜
Congratulations?
你安然过了第一个同性恋派对
You’ve survived what I assume to be your first gay party intact.
告诉你
Let me tell you something.
跟我有相同成长背景的人
When you’re brought up the way most people are in this country…
不太会谈论同性恋问题
there’s not a whole lot of discussion about homosexuality…
或另类生活方式
or what do you call it, alternate lifestyles.
自小就教你同性恋者很怪
As a kid you’re taught that queers are funny, queers are weird.
他们衣着像他们母亲 他们怕打架
Queers dress up like their mother, that they’re afraid to fight…
他们对儿童来说是个威胁
that they’re a danger to little kids.
他们只想把手伸进你的裤子里

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章巨人传
下一篇文章惊声尖笑4
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!