Because he wants to create a stable, lasting relationship
with one person.
相信我,布拉德,世上没有
Brad, believe me, there is nothing in this world so wonderful,
比每天晚上回家看见同一个女人 更美好更充实的事了
so fulfilling, as coming home to the same woman every night.
为什么 – 就是这样
Why?
你就变成大人了
Because that’s what it means to be adult.
你有老婆,有家庭,有房♥子 一个成熟的男人要挑起生活的担子
A wife, a family, a house.
A mature man wants those responsibilities.
为什么 – 你不愿做什么事, 你就会给自己找出种种借口开脱
Why?
Well, if you want to,
you can find tricky arguments against anything.
我得走了
I gotta get out of here.
你为什么反对结婚
What have you got against marriage anyway?
乔纳森,
Jonathan,
结婚前,一个男人是……
before a man gets married, he’s like a tree in the forest.
林中的一棵树
结婚前,一个男人是……
before a man gets married, he’s like a tree in the forest.
林中的一棵树
它没有束缚,我行我紊
He stands there independent, an entity unto himself.
有一天,人家锯倒了它,削去它的枝叶, 剥下它的皮,把它扔到河里
And then he’s chopped down, his branches are cut off,
he’s stripped of his bark
and he’s thrown into the river with the rest of the logs.
他被运到木材厂
Then this tree is taken to the mill.
等离开那儿的时候,它不再是一棵树了
And when it comes out, it’s no longer a tree.
它成了理发店的化妆台, 厨房♥的餐桌,婴儿的摇篮,
It’s the vanity table, the breakfast nook, the baby crib,
和垫垃圾桶的废报纸
and the newspaper that lines the family garbage can.
不,不!如果她不是人才出众的话, 我也许同意你的观点
No, no.
Look, if this girl weren’t something extra special,
可是为了珍,你会心甘情愿地付出一切
then maybe I’d agree with you.
But with Jan,
you look forward to having your branches cut off.
我要走了
Well, I gotta be going.
别忘了,我要你写的歌♥ – 星期一送到你办公室 – 好的
Listen, remember, I need those songs.
I’ll have them in your office on Monday.
Good man.
喂莫罗小姐,我是布拉德.艾伦
Hello?
Miss Morrow.
This is Brad Allen.
我刚刚考虑了一下我们之间的情况,
I’ve just gone through an agonizing reappraisal of our situation.
觉得自己没有什么可以值得骄傲的地方
And I’m not very proud of myself.
我用电♥话♥太多,而且很不礼貌
I have used the phone too much and I’ve been extremely rude.
我想向您道歉,建议我们见一面
I’d like to apologize for the way I’ve been acting
and I thought we could get together.
也许一起喝杯咖啡
Have a cup of coffee, maybe.
也许我们可以找到许多共同点
Get acquainted.
We might find we have a lot in common.
艾伦先生,我们没有什么共同点
Mr. Allen, we have nothing in common.
我不是说,跟您见面会没有意思
Not that meeting you mightn’t prove amusing.
不过有些玩笑也许太过分了
But frankly, some jokes are just too obvious to be funny.
布拉德,亲爱的
Bradley, honey.
马上就有了瞧
I’ve almost got it. There.
我简直不敢相信, – 首为我写的歌♥
I can’t believe it.
A song for little old me.
Mmm-hmm.
“你是我灵感的源头,玛丽
You are my inspiration
Marie
你是神完美的创造物,玛丽
A perfect combination, Marie
你的明眸,你的秀发美丽无比,
Your eyes, your hair, are beyond compare
理所当然,
So is it any wonder?
我做了你的俘虏,我为你神魂颠倒,玛丽”
You captured me and now I’m under your spell
Marie
噢,布拉德
Oh, Brad.
可惜您现在要走了 – 我有一个很早的约会
What a pity you have to leave so soon.
Yes, I have a very early appointment in the morning.
大家都说这房♥子象天堂一样美 – 真的吗那我很高兴
You know, everyone thinks the house is heaven.
Really? Oh, I’m so glad.
晚安,妈妈派对怎么样 – 太好了
Good evening, Mother. How’s the party going?
Oh, lovely, dear.
这是我的儿子托尼 – 您好,托尼! – 您好!
Miss Morrow, I want you to meet my son Tony.
他正准备哈佛的毕业考试 他是个“费-贝塔-卡帕” 这是我的儿子托尼 – 您好,托尼! – 您好!
Hello, Tony. Hello.
他正准备哈佛的毕业考试 他是个“费-贝塔-卡帕”
Tony’s graduating from Harvard this summer.
He’s Phi Beta Kappa, you know. Oh.
这没什么了不起的 – 他很谦虚
Oh, Mother, it’s not that big a deal.
If Tony has one fault, it’s that he’s too modest.
您不用等计程车,托尼可以送您回去
You needn’t wait for a cab, Jan.
Tony can drive you into town.
不好意思麻烦您 – 我很乐意
Oh, no. I wouldn’t want to impose. Really.
I’d be delighted to, Miss Morrow.
谢谢
Thank you.
我希望皮先生明天会好些 – 肯定
I do hope Mr. P will feel better in the morning.
I’m sure he will. it was a marvelous time.
我很开心 – 谢谢 – 我会跟您联♥系♥的
Thank you, dear.
I’ll talk to you soon. Good night. Yes, dear. Good night.
晚安 – 我一会儿就回来
I won’t be long, Mother.
别开得太快了,托尼!
Tony, don’t drive too fast.
当然不会,妈妈!
I won’t, Mother.
你什么时候要回“科帕”参加下一个演出
What time do you have to be back to the Copa for the next show?
别担心,亲爱的
Don’t worry, darling.
我们有很多时间
We just got oodles and oodles of time.
别,托尼!
Tony, please.
您那么单纯,珍!
Jan, you’re so primitive.
规矩点儿,托尼
Tony, control yourself.
别忘了您是哈佛的
Remember, you’re a Harvard man.
今晚不管那么多了,现在是假期
Not tonight, baby. I’m on vacation.
住手!
Stop it. You’re only 21.
您才二十一岁 – 我就喜欢年纪大的女人
I dig older women.
Oh!
从来没见过您这样动手动脚的人
I’ve never seen a boy with so many arms before.
托尼,我要告诉您母亲!
Tony, so help me, I’m gonna tell your mother.
您会说我也会说
It’s your word against mine.
我从来没跟一个“费—贝塔—卡帕”动过手 – 好吧,好吧,
Look, I’ve never belted a Phi Beta Kappa…
我送您回家,不过我们得一起唱点儿什么
Okay, okay. I’ll take you home.
Okay-
Only promise to stop and have one drink with me.
不行!
No. All right.
好吧
All right.
我受不了这些您开车好吧
I’m certainly in no condition for this.
Well, now, would you please start this car?
唱吧,这还是您的第一杯呢
Come on, come on. Drink up.
You’re still on your first one.
您母亲会为您担心的
Tony, your mother is going to be terribly worried about you.
我给您叫辆计程车好吗 您母亲会为您担心的
Now, what do you say I pour you into a cab and send you home?
我给您叫辆计程车好吗
我给您叫辆计程车好吗 您母亲会为您担心的
Now, what do you say I pour you into a cab and send you home?
我给您叫辆计程车好吗 您母亲会为您担心的
Now, what do you say I pour you into a cab and send you home?
知道吗,您这个人很不合作
You know something?
You are being very uncooperative.
干了它,珍
Oh, come on, Jan. Finish your drink. It’s very nourishing.
有营养的 – 别想灌醉我
Will you please stop trying to get me drunk?
灌醉一个女人
Drunk?
我希望您知道,哈佛的学生决不会这样的
I’ll have you know a Harvard man never resorts to getting a woman drunk.
除非特殊情况您,莫罗女土,
Except in an emergency.
And you, Miss Morrow, are an emergency.
就是这个特殊情况
Tony, I want you to get the check
叫人来结账我们一定得走了
and let’s get out of here and I mean it.
不,我坚决不同意!
No.
I categorically refuse.
那么您一个人在这儿等着“无名酒鬼”吧
All right. You can stay till AA comes for you.
我要走了 – 不,您等等
I am leaving.
No, wait.
就跳一个舞,一言为定 – 我才不相信呢
Just one dance and I’ll go home. I promise.
I don’t believe you.
我发誓
Scout’s honor.
这就是跟你合用一条电♥话♥线的人
So that’s the other end of your party line.
我怎么跟她和好呢 – 怎么啦,亲爱的
How are you gonna get on friendly terms with that?
Anything wrong, darling?
没什么
No. No.
没什么!
没什么
No. No.
没什么!
你不要换装吗
Shouldn’t you be getting into your costume?
没什么可换的 – 我知道
Well, it’s not much to get into, honey lamb.
I know.
不过,
But…
我希望你今天晚上特别漂亮
I want you to look especially nice tonight.
我也希望
I want to, too.
布拉德,小伙子,没门儿
Brad, my boy, you haven’t got a chance.
只要开口说了你是谁,你就没戏了
The minute you tell her who you are, you are buck dead.
不过,也许你根本就不比要告诉她你是谁
But maybe you don’t have to tell her, honey lamb.
没事儿吧- 我不太舒服
Are you all right?
I don’t feel so good.
这个舞我们别跳了好吗 – 当然过来 – 谢谢
Do you mind if we sit this one out?
No. Of course. Come on. Thank you.
我真的得走了
I really should be getting home.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!