我错过了那一幕
I missed that part.
-太糟糕了 -是的
-Too bad. -Yeah.
我有东西给你看 我通过一些关系…
Well, I got something to show you. I just got this new tape…
弄到这盒新带子
through some contacts of mine.
是通过历史系的这位校友
It’s by this grad student over in the history department.
你听说过他吗
Did you hear about him?
他把他的论文交给委员会了
He took his whole thesis committee hostage.
-不会吧 -是真的 真难以置信
-No. -Yes, it’s true. It’s unbelievable.
他把它们做抵押 特警队进来把他弄走了
He took them hostage. The SWAT team came in and offed him.
-不 -没人听说过这事
-No. -And it’s just no one’s heard about it.
不会泄露的
It’s not getting out.
不管怎样 他弄到了带子
Uh, anyway, he made this tape.
就在他去毕业生委员会
Like, just 15, 20 minutes before he went
15到20分钟前
before the grad committee.
因为他知道他们不会认可他的研究的
Because he knew they weren’t gonna okay his research.
这方法太激进了
It was just way too radical,
超出了他们正在做的
and way beyond anything they were doing.
-他的论文是关于什么的 -我不知道
-What was his thesis on? -You know, I don’t know.
我真的不清楚
I’m really not sure.
好像是90年代的青铜时代什么的
Something about a bronze age coming in the ’90s or something.
我不清楚他想干什么
I’m just not sure what he was up to.
每个人对这种易患病的体质
Each individual has this absurd notion of
都有自己的看法…
this predisposition…
嘿 看起来像是约翰·亨克利
Hey, looks like John Hinckley.
他有这种这种永恒的潜能 隐匿的潜能…
He has this-this unending potential, this dormant potential…
95%的大脑都是未使用过的
this stupid idea that 95% of the brain
这个愚蠢的主意…
is unused…
如果我们能接进我们拥有的那些东西…
and that if we could tap into that we would just have…
我们就能拥有超人之类荒唐的东西
we would have Superman or something absurd like that.
它所做的只是挫败人们
All it does is frustrate man.
它所做的只是让人们想起他的局限性并挫败他
All it does is remind him of his limitations and frustrate him.
这只是谎言的调和…
It’s just a concoction of lies…
驱使人们做事的一种动力
a dynamic that drives man to do things.
我快进到他打爆他的摄像机的部分
Let me fast-forward to the part where he blows away his camera.
很好
It’s pretty good.
每个动作都很积极
Every action is a positive action.
尽管结果消极
Even if it has a negative result.
还有什么比简短的生活更好的
What could be better than a short, uncomplicated life?
荣誉感的爆发
That goes out in a blaze of glory?
摇滚乐
Rock ‘n’ roll.
他一定非常了解什么事情 老兄
He must’ve been onto something, man.
是的
Yeah, he was.
这是我的拷贝 你要这种带子吗
So this is a dub of my copy. You think you’d want a tape of this?
是的 我有些朋友在堪萨斯市 做海盗电视的
Yeah, I have some friends in Kansas City. Pirate TV, man.
如果你能把这个弄出来
If you think you could get this out,
我想真的应该播放出来
I think it really should be shown.
噢 是的 肯定但是 听着 我得走了
Oh, yeah, definitely. But, look, I gotta go.
-多谢 -好的
-Thanks a lot. -All right.
-多找些电视 -是的 电视
-Keep looking for those TVs. -Yeah, TVs.
找到就告诉你
I’ll let you know when we get some.
好的 我就在这里
Sure. I’ll be here.
你拿到了”那些错误可能是你真实的意图”
Hey, you got “Honor thy error as a hidden intention. ”
伙计 抽张卡吗
Hey, man, uh, you want a card?
迂回策略
They’re, uh, oblique strategies.
所有卡都不一样
No two cards are alike.
想一件事 抽一张卡
Think about whatever you want and take a card.
好的
Sure.
迂回策略
Oblique strategies.
-抽到什么 -上面说…
-What one did you get? -It says…
“厌恶地退出不等于冷漠”
“Withdrawing in disgust is not the same thing as apathy. ”
-是的 -这是什么
-Yeah. -What is this?
是她的生理周期 28个杯
Well, that’s her menstrual cycle, you know, 28 cups.
代表经前综合症
It’s got your P.M.S. Section over here.
占了这个月很长时间
And that’s taking up a lot of space this month.
红色的…你懂的
Red ones… Well, you know about the red ones.
粉红色的是为含水的日子的
Pink ones are for water weight days.
是的 粉红色的 含水的
Right. The pink ones, water weight.
是的 周期
Yep, cycles.
能再抽一张吗 可以吗
Could I have another one? Is that allowed?
可以 抽多少张都行
Oh, sure, yeah. You can have as many as you want.
可以继续上一个想法 也可以想新的
You can buffer your last thought or think about something new.
那我重新想一个
I’m thinking about something new.
抽到什么
What did you get?
“造一块砖 而不是造一堵墙”
“It’s not building a wall, but making a brick. ”
是的 老兄 今天抽了一整天卡
That’s right, man. That’s been my day entirely today.
难以置信 我说过
I can’t believe it, man. I told you
今天会成功的
I was having a breakthrough day today.
闭嘴 好好 胡说
Shooee, howdy, shucks. Okay, well.
是的 这就是我听到的
Yeah, I heard that.
-不 跟我说说 -好吧 我是说…
-No, tell me all about it. -Okay. Well, I mean…
我重新调整了整个思想
it’s like I’ve had a total recalibration of my mind, you know.
就像我的大脑
I mean, it’s like I’ve been banging my head
撞到19世纪的…
against this 19th-Century-type, uh…
思维方式 构建 人类构建
What, thought-mode, construct, human construct?
其实墙并不存在 知道吗 不在这里
Well, the wall doesn’t exist. It’s not there, you know.
有人说 隧♥道♥尽头有曙光
I mean, they tell you to look for the light at the end of the tunnel.
但没有隧♥道♥ 没有建筑
Well, there is no tunnel. There is no structure.
混沌才是基本秩序 伙计
The underlying order is chaos, man.
所有一切都在一个不稳定的大球里…
I mean, everything’s in one big ball of fluctuating matter…
不断变化
a constant state of change, you know.
就像是穿过
I mean, it’s like across
灰色量子的新观念
that gray quantum divide is this new consciousness.
我不知道像什么
I don’t know what that’s gonna be like,
但肯定我们都在其中
but I know that we’re all part of it.
新物理学
I mean, it’s new physics.
所有一切都在变化
You can’t look at something without changing it.
万物
You know, anything.
伙计 这一切几乎超出了我的想像
I mean, man, that’s, like, almost beyond my imagination.
天哪
Geez,
就像是蝴蝶在加尔维斯敦拍拍翅膀…
it’s like that butterfly flapping it’s wings in Galveston…
随即在中国…
and somewhere down the road apace it’s gonna…
你好 引起季风
oh, hey… create a monsoon in China.
-嘿 帮帮我好吗 -抱歉 迟到了
-Hey, can you give me a hand? -Sorry I’m late, you know.
没事 时间并不存在
Oh, that’s all right. Time doesn’t exist.
-她就是一天 -是吗 你也是一天
-She’s one a day. -Really? One a day for you.
好吧 你抽到什么
All right. What did you get?
“面对尴尬 放大它们”
“Look closely at the most embarrassing detail and amplify it. ”
你要把它放大
You wanna amplify that?
哇 老兄 你怎么了
Whoa! Man, what happened to you?
现在我不想聊这个
Oh, well. I don’t really want to go into it at the moment.
-去走走 好吗 -好啊
-Uh, you wanna go? Okay. -Yeah.
嘿 伙计们 我们去走走
Hey, we’re gonna ramble on, you guys.
好吧 再见
All right, see you.
闭嘴 好好 胡说 伙计
So shooee, howdy, shucks, man.
那家伙是谁
Who’s that guy?
-天气好 好天气 那家伙 -是的
-What a day, what a day. That guy? -Yeah.
不认识 我不认识 我不知道是谁
Oh, I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know who he is.
只是个伙计 是的
Just a guy? Yeah.
-那么你的油画怎么样了 -那张
-So how’s your painting going? -Oh, that one?
-还是那张 -是的 还是那张
-That same one? -Really, that same one.

Psst.
-嘶嘿 -再来一轮 好吗
-Psst. -Hey, could we get another round?
好的
Yeah.
给我两个
Let me have two, please.
-好的 要点什么 -一杯咖啡 谢谢
-Yeah, so what do you guys need? -More coffee, please.
-啤酒 薯条 -咖啡 啤酒
-Another beer, chips. -Coffee, beer.
-太好了 谢谢 -我能再抽张卡吗
-Great, thanks. -Chips. Hey, may I have another card?
当然 来吧
Yeah, sure. Go ahead.
抽到什么
What did you get?
“重复也是变化”
“Repetition is a form of change. ”

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章正义的慈悲
下一篇文章狩猎
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!