长官
Hey, sheriff.
水星的确是一辆好车
A Mercury is a real good car.
那天我就开着那辆车
That was the car I was driving that day.
我有很多辆车
I owned a lot of cars.
是的 不同牌子的
Yeah, different kinds.
很多不同牌子的车
A lot of different kinds of cars.
她就站在那儿 那女孩…
She was standing, this girl…
就站在靠近鸡店的路边
on the side of the street by this chicken stand.
可不是什么肯德基 其实是个妓院
Not the Colonel’s, a different chicken stand.
于是我就把我的水星停在了路边…
I pulled the Mercury up alongside…
摇下电动车窗
and rolled down the window by electric power.
当时她穿了件皮毛短裙…
And she had this leather skirt on…
她头发很多 一直披到胳膊上
and she had a lot of hair on her arms.
我喜欢那种烫发 非常喜欢
I like that. lt means a big bush, which I like.
她对我说
She says,
你要和我约会吗
“Are you dating?” You know?
我说当然 然后她就进了我的车子…
I said, “Sure.” So she gets in…
我们把车开到了一个…
and we pull off into…
没人的地方 我们觉得都很尽兴
this remote location comfortable for both of us.
于是她对我说 你要付我多少钱
She says, “How much do you want to spend?”
我说 我付你烫头发的钱 你知道那很贵的
I said, “Enough to see your bush. I know it’s big.”
她说25美元
She says, “$25.”
对一个工薪阶层来说 这可不是个小数目
That’s not chicken feed to a working man.
可我还是给了她25美元 她把钱放进鞋里…
I produce the $25, she sticks it in her shoe…
穿上了裙子…
pulls up her skirt…
露出了我那又细又弯
and there is thin, crooked,
包着的小家伙
uncircumcised penis.
你可以想象 我当时多么想把25美元拿回来
You can imagine I wanted my $25 back.
怎么吓成这样
Why are you weirded out?
简直就是个傻蛋屋
It’s not San Quentin. It’s a nut house.
大多数人甚至不知道自己在哪里
Most patients don’t know where they are.
他们不会伤害你
They won’t hurt you.
几分钟后就要和杀人犯在一起了 你不害怕吗
It doesn’t bother you we’ll be facing a killer in a few minutes?
可是你想在传媒界立足的
You wanted to major in journalism.
这是报社派来的记者们
They’re from that newspaper deal.
-还是学生 -是的 先生
-From the college? -Yes, sir.
-我是杰瑞·沃瑞吉 -我是玛莎·维金斯
-I’m Jerry Woolridge. -I’m Marsha Dwiggins.
这是特里莎·埃文斯 她负责拍照
She’s Theresa Evans. She’s here to take pictures.
你们都坐下吧
Y’all sit down.
是有个叫约翰·莱格特的小伙子 在一家加油站工作
A man named John Leggitt Hunter had a filling station.
那个加油站很不错
A good filling station business.
不过他只是萍水相逢中的一个 我也肯定…
He was the type of person that I’m sure you’ve met too…
那些人不值得我们留恋
who didn’t deserve what he had.
可有一件事很特别…
One thing he had was…
他有一个非常迷人的新娘 莎拉
this beautiful, young bride, Sarah.
她就像一只熟透的桃子
She was a Georgia peach.
她就像是我记忆深处的一幅画
She was more like the picture
任何女人都比不上她
I had in my mind than any woman l’d seen.
所以我把她从约翰莱·格特的身边夺走…
So I took her away from John Leggitt Hunter…
他根本配不上她
who did not deserve her.
我有没有告诉过你…
Oh, I don’t know if I told you…
他是法国人 却一直称自己是英国人
but he was a Frenchman who claimed to be an Englishman.
把她从那男人身边夺走 可费了我不少尼龙绳
Took strong nylon cord to get her away from him.
她就像一只熟透的桃子
She was a fighter and a Georgia peach.
我想我还是有必要说明一下
There must have been a mix-up.
我告诉过你们的那位赞助商
I talked to your sponsor,
也许是老师 也许是别的什么…
teacher or whoever…
我告诉过他 这里禁止拍照
and told him no pictures.
只可以是写文章 或者别的什么 懂吧
This is for an article or something, right?
是的 可我们是为校报写文章 上面需要相片
Yeah, it’s for the school newspaper which has pictures.
我是说那是正规相纸
It’s a regular paper.
卡尔对于拍照非常敏感
Karl’s real sensitive about having his picture made.
他甚至不允许相片放在学校公告板上
He wouldn’t be on the bulletin board for the Easter collage.
如今…
Now…
铁锨可比球拍好使多了
a shovel just makes too goddamn much racket.
我去跟他聊聊 看他怎么说
I’ll talk to him, see what he says.
要想了解事物的细节 就要把它炸了
You gotta make something explode to truly understand it.
我是说在火里 你才能检查出它们所有的小碎片
You gotta examine all those particles while they’re still on fire.
卡尔 我带你到楼下的教室去
Karl, let’s go down to the old classroom.
沃瑞吉先生让你在那见几个人
Mr. Woolridge has some people for you to see.
我们走
Let’s go.
记得我跟你提过的报社那些人吗
Remember I told you about those newspaper people?
他们想问几个关于你被释放的问题
They want to ask you questions about your release.
他们认为这是很好的素材
They think it’ll make a good story.
你要见见他们吗 被采访
Will you talk to them? Get interviewed?
他们都是女的
They’re women.
这对你有好处
I think it’d be good for you.
你出去之后要见各种各样的人
You’ll see all kinds of people on the outside.
我相信采访对你有帮助
This’ll help.
现在有个问题 他只愿跟你一个人说
Now, he’ll only talk to you
可她不希望你提问题
but you can’t ask him anything…
而且你也不能一直盯着他看
and don’t stare at him.
如果我不能问他任何问题 我怎么进行采访呢
How can I interview him if I can’t ask any questions?
这是争取到最好的结果了 我很抱歉
Sorry, that’s the best it’s gonna get.
我能问你一个问题吗
Can I ask you a question?
如果他这么麻烦 干嘛要放他出去
If he’s so troubled, why are you letting him out?
他再发作怎么办 这随时都会发生
What if he does it again? It happens.
时间到了 这是规定
His time’s up. That’s the rules.
他接受了治疗
He’s been treated, reevaluated,
评估出来没什么迹象
doesn’t show any signs anymore.
-迹象 -凶杀迹象
-Signs? -Homicidal signs.
小姐 抱歉
Miss, I’m sorry.
你必须要离开这里
but you’ll have to step outside.
-为什么 -请吧
-Why? -Please?
我得为卡尔调下灯光
I have to change the light in here for Karl.
希望你写字时还能看得见
I hope you can still see to write.
我知道 你想知道我在这干嘛
I reckon what you want to know is what l’m doing in here.
我知道 是因为我杀了人
I reckon it’s because I killed somebody.
我知道 你想知道我是如何杀人的…
But I reckon you want to know how come I killed somebody…
我会从头开始讲给你听
so I’ll start at the front and tell you.
以前我大部分时间 都是和爸妈一起生活…
I lived out in back of my parents’ place most of my life…
我住在爸爸给我搭建的一间小屋里
in a little old shed that my daddy’d built for me.
他们不喜欢和我住一间房♥…
They didn’t want me in the house with the rest of them…
所以我就待在外面那间小屋 看着地面
so I sat around in the shed looking at the ground.
因为我没有地板…
I didn’t have no floor…
不过我有一个洞可以躺进去…
but I had me a hole dug out to lay down in…
还有一两床被子铺在下面
a quilt or two to put down there.
我的爸爸…
My father…
大部分时间是个干活很卖♥♥力气的人…
was a hardworking man most of his life…
我知道我自己做不到他那样子
not that I can say the same for myself.
我大部分时间就坐在小屋里…
I mostly just sat around in the shed…
或者拿着除草机瞎忙…
tinkered around with a lawn mower or two…
还有就是按时上学下学 日复一日
went to school off and on from time to time.
可那里的孩子
But the children out there,
对我都很粗鲁…
they were very cruel to me…
他们常常耍我
and made quite a bit of sport of me,
取笑我
made fun of me quite a bit.
所以我更愿意待在小屋子里
So mostly I just sat around out there in the shed.
我爸爸…
My daddy…
在一家工具和刨床作坊工作…
worked at the sawmill, down at the planer mill…
老板叫狄克逊
for an old man named Dixon.
老家伙狄克逊是个很凶的人
Old man Dixon was a very cruel fellow.
对员工不好 给的工钱也不高
Didn’t treat his employees well or pay them well.
我爸爸的工钱也不多
Didn’t pay my daddy too much of a wage.
我知道也就刚刚够维持生活
Just barely enough to get by, I reckon.
可我知道他觉得无所谓
I reckon he got by all right.
他们经常饥一顿饱一顿的
They used to come out, one or the other of them…
可是我的妈妈
usually my mother…
还是给我吃得很好
feed me pretty regular.
我知道她一直努力让我一周能吃上
So I know he made enough so I could have mustard and biscuits…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!