Also, please don’t tell anyone at the store…
阿尔伯特今晚也在这儿 好吗
that Albert was here tonight.
为什么
Why?
你知道这地方总会传一些
You know how this town is. People talk…
恶意的谣言
and they spread cruel rumors.
可那些都是我自己生活的一部分
Unfortunately,
我想要有隐私
there’s certain parts of my life l have to keep private.
你的意思是 你和阿尔伯特像这样交往
You mean about you and Albert being together in that way?
-是的 -我想店里的人早就知道了
-Yes. -l think everybody already knows.
他们常常议论这件事
They’re always talking about it.
玛瑞恩总是跟我们讲
Maureen Ledbetter told the most awful story…
为什么洗礼教堂不再允许你和其他人一样在里面做礼拜的事
about why you ain’t allowed at the First Baptist Church no more.
卡尔 为何不和玛莲达出去走走呢
Karl, why don’t you and Melinda take a walk?
外面好极了
lt’s nice out.
那好吧
All right, then.
他们在一起真好
That sure was quick.
你走路可真快
You walk fast, don’t you?
我知道
l reckon.
这可是我最不舒服的一双鞋子呢
These are the worst shoes l own for walking.
你刚才说你想要走多远
How far’d you say you want to go?
我想我还没有考虑过这个呢
l don’t reckon l thought about it too much.
我不知道 她放下这个就走了
l don’t know. She just ain’t catching fire.
我不知道 她放下这个就走了
l don’t know. She just ain’t catching fire.
你检查过了吗
Did you check them points?
不 我还没有
No, l didn’t.
我就知道
That’s probably it.
-你好 女士
-Yes, ma’am?
-卡尔在吗
-ls Karl here?
是的 等一下
Yes. Just a minute.
卡尔 外面有个人想见你
Karl. There’s somebody out here to see you.
那姑娘还拿了一束漂亮的花
Some gal holding a nice bouquet.
快过来 她想和你聊聊
Come on out. She wants to talk to you.
别傻坐在那儿
Don’t just sit there.
卡尔 我正在午休
Hi. l’m on my lunch break.
这花正在减价 因为它们不太新鲜
These are on sale ’cause they’re not fresh.
299美分一束
Two ninety-nine a bunch,
再加上店员自己可以打九折
plus my ten percent employee discount.
昨晚我们第一次约会 我也没给你什么礼物
Since l didn’t bring nothing for you on our date last night…
我想你应该会喜欢这个吧
l thought you might like to have them.
谢谢你
Thank you.
史考特 你我该去快餐店买♥♥点午餐了
Scooter, let’s go over to the Frosty Cream and pick up something for lunch.
我去就行了 你留这儿
l can go. You don’t have to.
-你从来没去过
-You don’t never go.
-笨蛋史考特 我们走
-Goddammit, Scooter. Let’s go.
对不起 失陪了
Pardon my language, ma’am.
好吧 我只想把它们送给你
Well, l just thought l’d bring them.
我喜欢和你散步
l liked walking with you.
虽然我的脚后跟长了个大血泡
l got a blister the size of a quarter on one heel.
好了 有机会再见
Well, l’ll see you sometime, l guess.
有水泡会疼的
Blisters sure can hurt.
是的
Yeah.
花很好看
Flowers is pretty.
我会永远记住的
l’ve always thought that.
我也是
Me too.
卡尔 你怎么知道我在车♥库♥里
Hey, Karl. How’d you know l was in the garage?
我看见门开了一个小缝
I seen that door cracked open a little.
我就猜到你会在这里的
I figured you was in there.
-你下班了 -是的 先生
-You off of work? -Yes, sir.
你从哪儿弄到这些花
Where’d you get them flowers?
是那个商店里的最佳员工送的
That gal that made employee of the month at the Dollar Store.
因为我陪她散步
She gave them to me for walking with her.
好吧 我想去老地方待一会儿
l was going over to the secret place.
我借了一本你的书 你没不高兴吧
l borrowed one of your books. You ain’t mad, are you?
没有 我的书你想要看哪本都可以
No, sir. You can look at every one of my books you want to.
谢谢你 我拿了圣诞颂歌♥
Thank you. lt’s name’s “A Christmas Carol.”
那就是我跟你说过的关于圣诞的书
That’s that one on Christmas l was telling you about.
你想和我一起去吗
You wanna go with me?
那好吧
All right, then.
-来 走吧 -好的
-Yeah. Come on. -All right.
你知道我为什么想让你一起打球吗
Know why l want you to play ball with me?

No.
因为那很好玩 就算你玩得不好也没关系
‘Cause it’s fun. Don’t matter if you ain’t no good.
它可以让你忘掉所有的事情
lt takes your mind off of everything else.
当你跑得飞快时
And when you’re trying to score a touchdown…
脑子里想的只有努力底线得分
that’s all you’re thinking about.
我打得不好 可我爸爸常说
l ain’t no account, but Daddy always said…
当他看到我抱着球跑的时候 很为我骄傲
he was proud of me when l threw the ball and ran with it.
你有一起长大的兄弟姐妹陪你玩吗
Did you have any brothers and sisters growing up to play with?
小的时候是有一个
l had one there for a little bit.
可他
But…
还没长大到能够和我一起玩
it didn’t get old enough for me to play with it.
为什么 死了吗
Why not? lt die?
是的
Yes, sir.
为什么
Why?
他出生得太早了
lt got born a little too early.
我爸妈想办法让他很早就出来了
My mother and father made it come out too early.
那他一出来就死了吗
So it died when it come out?
我爸爸他跑到我的小屋里对我说
My daddy come out to the shed and got me…
拿着这个 去把它扔了
said, “Here. Take this and throw it away.”
然后递给我一块包着东西的毛巾
He handed me a towel with something or another in it.
我站在垃圾桶旁边时
l started for that barrel…
很想打开毛巾看看
and l opened up the towel ’cause there was a noise…
因为里面有东西在动 还发出了声音
and something moving around in it.
而且毛巾上都是像血一样的东西
That towel was all bloody-like all around it there.
里面是个小婴儿 还没一只松鼠大
lt was a little old baby, not no bigger than a squirrel.
当时他还活着
lt was alive?
是的 他是活着
Yes, sir. Right then it was.
男孩还是女孩
A boy or girl?
是个小男孩
lt was a little old boy.
那你把他扔到垃圾桶里了
You threw it in the trash barrel?
不 我觉得那不合适
That didn’t seem right to me.
所以我回到小屋里找了个鞋盒
So l went into the shed and got a shoe box…
把里边的针线刷子
and emptied out the screwdrivers, washers and nuts…
所有东西都倒了出来
and things out of it.
我抱着那个小孩子 把他放进了盒子里
l taken the little feller and put him in the box…
埋在院子里的一个角落里
buried him in the corner of the yard.
我想这样做对我来更合适
That seemed more proper to me, l reckon.
你埋他的时候 他还活着吗
lt was still alive when you buried it?
我听见盒子里面有哭的声音
l heard it crying a little through that box.
你那样做不对
That don’t seem right.
如果他是你的弟弟
lt seems like you would have took care of him…
你似乎应该留下他 好好照顾他
if he was your brother.
我当时只有六岁或八岁
l wasn’t but six or eight.
我想我不知道该怎么做
l reckon l didn’t know what to do.
我不知道怎样照顾小孩子
l didn’t know how to care for no baby.
我的妈妈爸爸不想要他
My mother and father didn’t want him.
他们只是叫我按他们说的话去做
They learned me to do what they told me to do.
这些日子我觉得
l figure it probably best we give him right back to the good Lord…
把他直接送回上帝那儿才是最好的
right off the bat anyhow.
这件事真让我感到难过
That makes me feel real sad.
你当时就不能做好点吗
Couldn’t you have done something?
我就能 我希望他能是我弟弟
l would have. l wish l’d had him.
那他现在还会在这里 活着
He’d still be right here, now. Living.
我也觉得很难过
lt makes me sad too.
我希望我当时能做些什么
l wish there was something l could have did about it.
任何坏事都不能发生在孩子身上
l don’t think nothing bad oughta happen to children.
我觉得所有的坏事都应该
l think all those bad things oughta be saved up…
交给那些长大了的人去解决
for the folks that done growed up,
我现在就这么想
that’s the way l see it.
我不该告诉你
l shouldn’t have told you about that.
像你这样年纪的孩子不该听到这些

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!