-我现在要去报♥警♥ -但你不能 盖伊
– I’m gonna call the police, of course. – But you can’t.
我们都会当众被当成谋杀犯抓起来的
We’d both be arrested for murder.
我们都会被当成谋杀犯抓起来的
We’d both be arrested for murder?
你卷入的程度和我一样深
You’re just as much in it as I am.
我们一起策划 交叉进行
We planned it together. Crisscross.
你这傻瓜 你以为有人会相信你吗
You think you can get away with it?
哦 好了 盖伊
Oh, come, now.
为什么我要到梅特卡夫去杀一个完全陌生的人呢
Why should I go to Metcalf to kill a total stranger?
除非这是一个你同意的计划
Unless it was part of the plan, and you were in on it.
你是唯一的获利者 盖伊
You’re the one who benefits, Guy.
你现在自♥由♥了
You’re a free man now.
我从来甚至都不认识这个女人
I didn’t even know the girl.
我与此事毫无关系 警♥察♥会相信我的
I had nothing to do with this. The police will believe me.
如果你去报♥警♥
Guy, if you go to the police now…
你会被当作嫌疑犯抓起来的
you’ll just be turning yourself in as an accessory.
你看 你有动机
You see, you have the motive.
-这是什么 -我的电♥话♥
– What is it? – My telephone.
有人有消息要告诉你 盖伊
Someone has some news for you, Guy.
是警♥察♥
It’s the police.
你让我行为看起来就像一个罪犯
You’ve got me acting like I’m a criminal.
你这个疯狂的傻瓜
Why, you crazy fool!
不要那样叫我
Don’t you call me that.
你肯定是太累了 我知道我是谁
Oh. Oh, you must be tired, Guy. I know I am.
我度过了一个狂热的夜晚
I’ve had a strenuous evening.
但现在 该谈谈我父亲了 你看 我有个计划
But now, about my father, I’ve got the plan of the house already made.
在这房♥子的周围我藏了一把老式的手♥枪♥
And I have an old Luger pistol I got in a pawnshop in San Francisco…
但是 盖伊 你等一等
But, Guy… Guy, wait a minute!
我们要好好谈一下 安排这件事情
We have to talk. We have to arrange things.
离开前我给你了 你给米里亚姆的
Go, before I give you what you gave Miriam.
你已经不是你了 盖伊 你太累
You’re not yourself, Guy. You’re tired.
你想一想 明天你就会认为我是对的
When you think things over, you’ll see I’m right. Tomorrow, we…
以前我重没见过你 以后也不想见到你
I never saw you before! I never want to see you again!
但是我们
But we have…
喂 喂 安妮
Yes? Yes, Anne.
对不起 亲爱的 我刚刚回来
I’m sorry, darling. I just got in.
是的 我很好 可听起来有点不大对头
Of course I’m all right, but you sound upset.
出什么事了
Is anything wrong?
好吧 我马上就来
All right. I’ll come over right away.
安妮 亲爱的 你在发抖
Anne, darling, you’re trembling.
你知道我是多么爱你吗
Guy, I wonder if you know how much I love you.
真没羞 这话应该我说才是
Brazen woman, I’m the one to say that.
我想让你知道
I wanted you to know before…
在见爸爸之前 爸爸想见你
Father wants to see you.
晚上好 先生
Good evening, sir.
晚上好 芭布斯
Hello, Babs.
-发生了一些讨厌的事 -坐下 芭芭拉
– Something dreadful’s happened. – Sit down, Barbara.
看来没办法悄悄地阻断悲惨的消息
There seems to be no way of diplomatically breaking tragic news.
我很抱歉做给你消息的人
I’m sorry, Guy, to be the one to tell you.
这事和你妻子有关
It concerns your wife.
她被人谋杀了
She’s been murdered.
警♥察♥在到处找你呢
The police have been trying to find you.
你必须在梅特卡夫给他们打电♥话♥
You’re to call headquarters in Metcalf.
米里亚姆 被谋杀了
Miriam murdered?
她被人勒死了
She was strangled.
这事发生在一个游乐园里
It happened on an island, in an amusement park.
在情人岛上 我相信
It was sort of a lovers’ lane, I believe.
气氛明显很污秽
Evidently, a sordid atmosphere.
米里亚姆和两个男人在一起 其中一个发现了她
She went there with the boys that found her,
所以他们不会被怀疑
so they’re not suspects.
但你会被怀疑
But you will be.
年轻的小姐 谋杀犯也许就在我们的门口
We can’t overlook that murder is at our doorstep…
但是决不能让它进屋来
but don’t drag it in here.
好了 让我们不要自欺欺人了
Let’s not fool ourselves.
警♥察♥会说 盖伊只有杀了米里亚姆才能和安妮结婚
Police will say Guy wanted her dead so he could marry Anne.
就目前的情况 警♥察♥总是先怀疑丈夫
This sort of crime, they go after the husband.
盖伊又有作案的动机
Guy had every motive.
动机
Motive?
她是对的
Well, she’s right.
他们很可能就已经怀疑上我了
Whichever way you look at it, I’m in a spot.
哦 我的孩子 我相信你完全用不着着急
I’m sure you’ve got nothing to worry about.
他当然着急了 除非他有9:30不在现场的证明
If he hasn’t an alibi for 9:30, he has plenty to worry about.
-你能说出你当时在哪儿吗 -雪利酒
– You can tell them where you were. – Sherry.
谢谢
Thank you.
你能吗 盖伊
Can’t you, Guy?
9:30 我在从纽约到华盛顿的火车上
Nine-thirty? I was on the train from New York to Washington.
那好极了
There you are.
有谁见过你 你有没有和别人说话 你需要证人
Who saw you? Did you speak to anyone? You’ll need a witness.
是的 我和一个人说过话
Yes, I did speak to someone.
-你认识的人吗 -不
– Someone you know? – No.
他的名字是
His name was…
考伦斯 他是个教授
C… Col… Collins! He’s a professor.
-哈佛大学的 -德拉瓦尔学院的
– Harvard? – Delaware Tech.
这样就太好了
Then everything’s all right.
那可不一定 他还是必须回答问题
Not quite. He’ll still have to answer questions.
纯粹例行公事
Routine. Pure routine.
可是到了明天 记者们就会包围你的
There’ll be many reporters here in the morning.
爸爸不会怕他们的 他是议员
Daddy doesn’t mind a little scandal. He’s a senator.
当然不用害怕 亲爱的 这不是你的过错
It can’t be helped, darling. It’s not your fault.
这和你没一点关系 当然不会说你插了一手
No one can say you had anything to do with it.
会有人这么说的 我真不愿意把你们都卷进这件事
Someone might say it. I’d do anything to keep you all out of this mess.
用我的经验给你指导
Be guided by my experience.
永远都不要怕被人怀疑 除非 他们能证明
Never lose any sleep over accusations. Unless they can be proved, of course.
多么可怕 可怕 可怜不幸的女孩
Dreadful business. Dreadful. Poor, unfortunate girl.
她是个受害者
She was a tramp.
但她是人
She was a human being.
我们都有权利生存 去追求幸福的生活
Even the most unworthy of us has a right to life and the pursuit of happiness.
她为此捷尽全力地追求自己的幸福
From what I hear, she pursued it in all directions.
很晚了 爸爸 盖伊看起来很疲劳
Father, it’s getting terribly late. Guy looks so tired.
当然了 去睡觉吧 芭芭拉
Of course, of course. Back to bed, Barbara.
好了 你们俩 没什么可阻拦你们俩了
Nothing stands in your way. Now you can be married right away.
你们现在可以结婚了 因为你们俩自♥由♥了
Think of it, you’re free!
不要把你所有的想法都说出来
You don’t always have to say what you think.
爸爸 我不是政客
Father, I am not a politician.
不要忘了打电♥话♥ 盖伊 找特雷警长
Remember to call Captain Turley.
是的 先生 晚安
Yes, sir. Good night.
-安妮 -想像一个男人
– Anne… – It’d be wonderful…
太爱你了 他会为你去杀人
to have a man love you so much he’d kill for you.
我一直对自己说我是一个傻瓜
I kept saying over and over I was being silly.
当我听到这个消息时真是太可怕了
But there was one horrible moment tonight when the news came through.
我努力回忆你在梅特卡夫和我说的那些话
I kept remembering what you shouted on the phone from Metcalf.
我说
That I could…
不要说
Don’t even say it.
忘掉你曾说过的
Forget you ever said it.
比谋杀更糟的是你曾经有过
Even more terrifying than the murder itself was…
那些可怕的想法 如果你与此事
the horrible thought that if you had done it…
有一点点关联 我们就该分手了 也许是永远
we would have been separated. Perhaps forever.
我无法理解
I couldn’t stand that.
我无法忍♥受
I couldn’t bear it.
特雷警长要见我 我是盖伊·海因斯
Captain Turley is expecting me. Guy Haines.
等一下 海因斯先生
Just a moment, Mr. Haines.
请进 海因斯先生
Would you come in, please?
你能及时来很好 海因斯先生
Good of you to be so prompt, Mr. Haines.
-这是坎贝尔 -你好
– This is Lieutenant Campbell. – How do you do?
-怎么不坐 -谢谢 先生
– Won’t you sit down? – Thank you, sir.
我知道你是大忙人
I know you’re busy,
所以我们不会占用你太多的时间
so we won’t detain you any longer than necessary.
请你告诉我们昨天晚上你究竟在哪儿
You’ve already been good enough to tell us where you were last evening.
我们找到了你在火车上遇到的人
We’ve found the gentleman you spoke with on the train.
-是的 我在外面见到他了 -请进 教授
– I saw him outside. – Please come in, professor.
这是海因斯先生
Professor Collins, this is Mr. Haines.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!