他昨晚和你一起在火车上
He was with you on the train last night.
实在对不起 我不记得见过这位先生
I’m sorry, but I really don’t remember meeting this gentleman.
我不记得我离开纽约的旅行了
Unfortunately, I remember very little of our trip from New York.
你看 我们小小地庆祝了一下
You see, we had a little celebration.
在游览车厢里 我们是
But we were sitting opposite each other…
面对面坐着的
in the observation car.
-当时你正在唱支山羊的歌♥ -山羊
– You were singing a song about a goat. – A goat?
还有微积分学 你还说你刚做完一次演讲
And calculus. You were going over a speech you made.
是吗
I was?
对不起 海因斯先生
I’m very sorry, Mr. Haines.
我肯定小小地庆祝了一下
I certainly must have been celebrating.
警官 考伦斯教授记得我是否很重要
Captain, is it so important whether Professor Collins remembers me?
我告诉你和我一起在火车上的男人的名字
I’ve been able to name a man who was on the train with me.
并且你们找到了他
You’ve found him.
难道这不就可以证明昨晚9:30我在哪里吗
Isn’t that proof of where I was at 9:30 last night?
谢谢 你好 亲爱的议员
Thank you. Hello, dear. Senator. Babs.
-你吃晚饭了吗 -在火车上吃过了
– Hello, darling. Have you had dinner? – On the train.
整天都在梅特卡夫吗 我们等你好几小时了
You’ve been in Metcalf all this time? We expected you hours ago.
我可没有 他们会在监狱里通宵审理嫌犯
I didn’t. They sometimes leave a suspect in the can all night.
请坐 盖伊 坐下 芭芭拉 倒点咖啡来
Sit down, Guy. Sit down. Barbara, some coffee.
一旦他们证实你不在犯罪现场 警♥察♥
You had no trouble with the police…
当然就会相信你的
once they verified your alibi?
证实我当时不在犯罪现场的波旁先生 连站都站不起来
When an alibi is full of bourbon, it can’t stand up.
那个教授喝醉了
You mean the professor was boiled?
喝的醉熏熏的
Completely.
他不记得我了
He didn’t remember me.
但是你认出他在火车上 那不就足够了吗
But you knew he was on the train. Isn’t that proof you were on it too?
显然那还不充分
Apparently, not at the right time.
他们推断我赶上火车
They suggested I could have caught the train at Baltimore…
是在谋杀米里亚姆以后
after Miriam was murdered.
他们是根据列车时刻表来证明这点的
They had it all worked out in their timetable.
真是太荒谬了 他们已经把你当成有罪的人
Well, that’s ridiculous. They’re acting as if you were guilty.
哦 别着急 安妮
Everything will be all right.
警方不是刚刚才开始介入吗
The police were just being thorough.
对吗 爸爸
Weren’t they, Daddy?
但愿如此 你下一步打算怎么办
I certainly hope so. What’s your next move?
无论怎么样 警方会了解一切的
Whatever it is, the police will know about it.
他们还送给我一份礼物
Oh. Oh, they gave me a present.
看看吧
Take a look.
我的守护天使
My guardian angel.
他们监视你
You’re being tailed.
那是莱斯利·翰内西
That’s Leslie Hennessy.
他每天工作16小时
He works 16 hours a day.
然后另一个男人接替他
Somebody else takes over for the next eight.
你们要知道 翰内西是一个好人
Actually, he’s a very nice fellow.
我会马上让他们走的
I’ll have him called off.
你真的要跨越正义之轮 爸爸
Obstructing the wheels ofjustice, Daddy?
我担心我走到哪里 翰内西会跟到哪里
I’m afraid where I go, Hennessy goes.
哪怕是去议会
Even to the Senate.
-他要在我的办公室站岗 -很有可能
– Is he likely to picket my office? – Very likely.
我建议 盖伊 把心情平静一下 你可以
I would suggest, for your own peace of mind, of course…
在家上几天班 这对你会有些尴尬
that you work at the house. It’ll be less embarrassing for you.
不过我怎么练网球呢
But what about practicing?
或者我必须放弃森林网球锦标赛
Perhaps I’d better forget about Forest Hills.
我亲爱的孩子
My dear boy…
不要太担忧了 是否打算取消你所有的计划
wouldn’t it look rather awkward if you suddenly canceled all your plans?
爸爸是对的 盖伊 你就应该继续干♥你♥的
He’s right. You mustn’t do anything that looks suspicious.
-就当是什么也没发生过 -有翰内西为你做保镖呢
– You must act as if nothing happened. – Escorted by Mr. Hennessy.
您的电♥话♥ 海因斯先生 他说非常紧急
A call for you, Mr. Haines. They say it’s urgent.
谢谢
Thank you.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
-喂 -喂 盖伊
– Hello? – Hello, Guy.
肯定是搞错了 不是打给我的
It must have been some mistake. It wasn’t for me.
好 我很幸运我赢了那场比赛
I suppose I was lucky being seeded fifth.
我以前从没看过森林网球锦标赛 我很想看看
I’ve never seen the Forest Hills tournament. I look forward to it.
你是说要和我一起去吗
You mean we’ll be going together, Hennessy?
别担心 到那时候这个案子早结了
Ah, don’t worry. By that time, this thing will be all cleared up.
-你是不是要转到职业队 -我不得不说
– You ever think of turning professional? – I don’t have to do that.
到我网球生涯结束的那天 我肯定会去从政
After tennis, I’m going into politics.
-我希望 -从政
– I hope. – Politics?
那对你是件好事 我没对上面说过
It’s good I don’t report that to the chief.
如果他知道你要进入这阴谋凶险的圈子
If he knew that,
他会派十个人跟着你的
he’d put 10 men on you. He says…
太晚了 让我们坐出租车走吧
Let’s take this cab. It’s getting late.
-五角大楼 请 -哦 不 不是这里
– Pentagon building, please. – Oh, no, not there.
我总是迷路
I always get lost.
我们最好回去吧
We’d better be getting back.
我们单独在一起一个小时了 好像很不正经的样子
We’ve actually been alone for an hour. Seems almost indecent.
你喜欢吗
You like?
我喜欢
I like.
我想了很久了 感觉像条金鱼
I was beginning to feel like a goldfish.
盖伊
Guy!
对不起
Excuse me.
你干嘛缠着我
Will you stop pestering me?
你把一切搞糟了 你逼得我不得不现身
You’re spoiling everything. You’re making me come out into the open.
我曾经给你打过电♥话♥
I’ve tried calling you on the phone.
我写的纸条你看见了吗
Did you get my note?
你为什么不打给我
Why haven’t you called me?
我的父亲下周末就要动身去佛罗里达了
My father is leaving for Florida next week.
外面现在有侦探 他会看见我们在一起
Listen, you… There’s a detective outside. He’ll see us together.
不会是安妮·莫顿吧
Isn’t that Anne Morton?
她比米里亚姆好多了 盖伊
Slight improvement over Miriam, huh, Guy?
我警告你 离我远点
Stay away from me, I’m telling you.
他是谁 盖伊
Who is it, Guy?
我从没见过他 只不过是一个网球迷
I never saw him before. Just some tennis fan.
这是给你的邮件 海因斯先生 上面写着”私人”
Here’s a special delivery. It’s marked “personal.”
-谢谢 -你今天练习了吗 盖伊
– Thank you. – You getting any practice today?
是的 练了一小会儿 在俱乐部
Yes, if I can get a court at the club.
-芭芭拉 你在和谁打招呼呢 -翰内西先生
– Barbara, who are you waving at? – Mr. Hennessy.
我想我应该为了我爸爸请他进来坐
It’s a shame Daddy won’t let us have him in.
-你见过他吗 路易丝 -没有
– You met him yet, Louise? – No.
他人很可爱 真的
He’s awfully cute.
准备好了吗 盖伊
Okay, you ready, Guy?
噢 当然
Yeah.
这是安东尼先生 达尔维尔太太的朋友
Hi, darling. This is Mr. Anthony, a friend of Monsieur and Madame Darville.
盖伊 海因斯
Guy Haines.
我是你的忠实球迷 海因斯先生
I’ve been a fan for a long time, Mr. Haines.
事实上 你的每场比赛我都去看
I follow everything you do.
安东尼先生他会讲很迷人的故事 非常有趣
Mr. Anthony has been telling us some charming stories. Very funny.
那么你今天能讲一个吗
I’ve been talking to your shadow.
盖伊 你知道吗 翰内西先生把谋杀案给解决了
Guy, did you know Mr. Hennessy helped crack
我刚刚读到的
that ax murder?
尸体是在一家肉店里发现的
The one with the body cut up and hidden in the butcher shop?
他的左腿被锁在冰箱了整整六小时
He was locked in the icebox with the left leg for six hours.
哦 芭布斯 他会向你虚构这些情节的
He pulls those things out of his hat.
达渥斯旁边被关注的法国人 他是谁
Who’s the interesting Frenchman with the Darvilles?
他叫安东尼
His name’s Anthony.
他不是法国人
He’s not French.
-您们好吗 -芭芭拉小姐 见到你很高兴
– How are you? – Delightful to see you, Barbara.
你看上去更可爱了
How sweet you look.
夫人 我希望你不要忘记 我们星期四的晚会啊
I hope you won’t forget our party on Thursday, madame.
-我们都计划好了 -当然不会忘
– We’re planning on it. – But of course.
这是我的妹妹 芭芭拉 这是安东尼先生
This is my sister. Barbara, this is Mr. Anthony.
你好吗
How do you do?
你叫米里亚姆吗
Is your name Miriam?
-你好 翰内西 -你好
– Hi, Hennessy. – Hi.
-太晚了 我不能在外面等你了 -哦
– I won’t keep you out late tonight. – Oh?
我必须睡足几个小时 好搞定明天的森林网球锦标赛
With Forest Hills tomorrow, I’ve got to sleep.
太槽了
That’s too bad.
哈德门要值几个小时的班了
Hammond will be on duty in a couple of hours.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!