这让我非常的着急
It’s had me so worried.
但是我不能够这样做 你明白吗
But, of course, I couldn’t do it.
这样做我就太冒险了
It would be too risky.
搞不好 他们会把我当成同谋的
And besides, it would make me an accessory.
哦 莫顿小姐 我能够理解你的心情
Oh, Miss Morton. I understand how you feel.
但现在 我还有点急事 我有个约会
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have an urgent appointment.
我真的该走了
I really must go now.
他告诉我如果警方发现了你的打火机
He said if the police found your lighter…
你就会被定罪的
that’s all they’d need to prove you were at the scene.
把我的打火机放到岛上去
That lie about my wanting him to get
就证明了你在犯罪的现场
it back means he’ll put it on that island.
盖伊 我想你的帮助 但我怕会把事情搞糟
I wanted to help, but I’m afraid all I did is make things worse.
我去那儿只会是他变的更加狂暴
Going there after you did only made him more furious.
不 亲爱的 他说昨晚他整整想了一夜
No, darling. He said last night he’d think of something.
看来他果真是在策划
He certainly has.
你必须赶在他之前到达梅特卡夫
Guy, you’ve got to get to Metcalf before he does.
你没时间比赛了
You haven’t time to play. You’d better tell them.
如果宣布我不能参加比赛
If they announce I won’t play,
翰内西他们会产生更大的怀疑
Hennessy’s bound to be suspicious.
他会跟着我 那样我就永远别想回梅特卡夫了
He’ll keep me from getting near Metcalf.
-那我去 -不 安妮
– Well, then I’ll go. – No, Anne.
比赛之后你必须帮助我避开翰内西
Stay here and help me give Hennessy the slip after the match.
但亲爱的 那太晚了
But that’ll be too late.
布鲁诺 不是说我要他某晚返回那里吗
Didn’t Bruno say I wanted him to go there one night after dark?
-是的 -那就是说他要这么做
– Yes. – That’s what’s in his mind now.
他不会在白天行动
He won’t expose himself in broad daylight.
如果我能在三盘结束比赛
If I can finish in three sets, I’ll still…
盖伊先生 比赛就要开始了
You’re on in a few minutes, Guy.
-莫顿小姐 -好的 蒂姆 我马上就去
– Miss Morton. – Okay, Tim. I’ll be right there.
看 这就是我想比较好的办法
This is what I think we’d better do.
如果特雷让我们把他带回去问话 我们就逮捕他吧
If Turley said to, let’s pick him up.
就让他去比赛吧 哈德门
Let him have his game first.
难道我们就等一个嫌疑犯
First time I ever waited for a murder suspect
等到他结束比赛
to play tennis before I pulled him in.
总部的人听到这些 他们会笑话我们的
The boys at headquarters hear about this, they’ll send me…
-祝你好运 盖伊 -谢谢
– Good luck, Guy. – Thanks.
你真的这样吗
You got it straight.
在第三轮比赛开始是
Make sure Barbara has everything ready
一定要让芭芭拉把一切事情都准备好了
as soon as the third set starts.
女士们和先生们 请注意了
Ladies and gentlemen, your attention, please.
这场男子单打比赛
This men’s singles match will be…
是在盖伊·海因斯先生 和弗雷德·雷诺先生之间进行
between Mr. Guy Haines and Mr. Fred Reynolds.
盖伊·海因斯是一位冷静 技术全面的选手
On the other hand, Guy Haines is a quiet, methodical player…
甚至有点无精打采
almost lackadaisical.
这位选手的特点是 决不过分地使用体力
As a rule, he plays slowly between points, well within himself.
边线员准备好了吗
Linesmen ready?
开始
Play.
得分 十五
15-love.
得分 三十
30-love.
三十 十五
30-15.
四十 十五
40-15.
现在海因斯先生领先 第一轮1:0
Game, Mr. Haines. He leads, one game to love, first set.
联合火车站
Union Station.
盖伊·海因斯正在努力拼搏
Guy Haines is hitting harder, hurrying the play…
这有点冒险 这是我们从来没看过的
taking chances I’ve never seen him take.
这是一种和他以往的战略完全相反的方式
This is a complete reversal of his usual watch-and-wait strategy.
四十 三十
40-30.
噢 借个火 可以吗
Oh, may I have a light, please?
谢谢
Thanks.
海因斯先生赢得了三局比赛中的 第一场的胜利
Game, Mr. Haines. He leads, one game to love. Third set.
海因斯又轻松地赢取了第二轮的胜利
Guy Haines has caught the first two sets easily.
如果他能赢下盘的话 他就是今天真正的赢家
And if he keeps going, it’ll be a straight-set win for him, sure.
如果他下一场赢了的话 你把一切东西都准备好
Look, if he wins this next set, you’d better have everything ready.
另外给司机10美圆
Give the driver this $10.
我要知道这到底是为了什么
I wish I understood what this is all about.
我待会儿就告诉你 快去
I’ll tell you that later. Please hurry.
四十 赢了
40-love.
雷诺先生的发球局
Game, Mr. Reynolds.
雷诺 有利
Advantage, Mr. Reynolds.
雷诺先生领先
Game, Mr. Reynolds. He leads.
刚才我说比赛要早结束
I may have spoken too soon when I said…
看来是说早了
this match looked to be about over.
现在雷诺赢得了这轮的比赛
Reynolds is up there knocking on the door.
雷诺的发球局
Game, Mr. Reynolds.
雷诺赢得了第三场的比赛
Mr. Reynolds wins the third set.
海因斯先生领先 2:1
Mr. Haines leading, two sets to one.
现在比赛的比分是2:1 盖伊·海因斯领先
The set score is now 2-1. Guy Haines leading…
我们现在看到的是第四轮的比赛
and we’re 10-all in the fourth set.
这场比赛从海因斯快速得分
This match, from a quick victory for Haines,
现已演变为一场拉锯战了
has turned into a dogfight.
三十平
30-all.
掉下去了 我的烟盒 它是非常贵重的
Down there. My cigarette case. It’s very valuable.
-掉哪儿了 -你必须把那栅栏移开
– Down here? – Yes, get that grating up right away.
出什么问题了
What’s the trouble?
什么 没办法了吗 我掉了我的烟盒
Can’t we do something? I dropped my cigarette case.
现在肯定已经不在了 先生
It mightn’t be any good.
也许被下水道的水给冲走了
Probably gone down the storm drain.
-下水道 -另外 也许它正好落在边缘上
– Storm drain? – Maybe it lodged on the edge.
那里不是有一个洼地吗 你可以去找找
Don’t they have a trap down there, like under a sink?
不要呆站在那儿 帮帮手啊
Don’t just stand here, do something!
我看 我们还是给城建局打个电♥话♥
I guess we could phone the city engineer.
-他们会告诉我们最坏会被冲到哪里 -你看 先生
– Worst he could do is tell me to take… – No, look, mister.
-放松点 先生 -我可不想现在放松
– Relax, mister. – I don’t want to relax.
海因斯先生的发球局
Game, Mr. Haines.
盖伊·海因斯下了取胜的决心
Guy Haines is grim and determined.
他只要再赢一个球 他就赢了
He needs but one more game for the entire match.
四十 三十
40-30.
胜利和失败之间就差那么一下
Just one point between Haines and the match!
平分
Deuce.
海因斯发球
Advantage, Mr. Haines.
平分
Deuce.
海因斯发球
Advantage, Mr. Haines.
你必须想到那件事 无论它是什么
You must think a lot of that, whatever it is.
全场比赛结束 海因斯赢了
Game, set and match, Mr. Haines.
出租车在外面等着
Taxi’s waiting at the entrance.
他太神奇了 不是吗 他赢了 这可以叫做庆祝
Isn’t it wonderful? He won. It calls for a celebration.
-哦 对不起 -没关系 我自己来吧
– Oh, I’m so sorry. Let me. – It’s quite all right.
哦不 请 安妮说你今天晚上必须和我们一起吃饭
No, please. Anne says you must have dinner with us tonight…
就像一家人 你和盖伊一起来
just the family and you and Guy.
我恐怕我也许在乡下
I may be out of town.
我知道你一定会和盖伊
But you’ll be with Guy, surely?
-翰内西 -对不起 我希望我能
– Hennessy! – I’m sorry. I wish I could.
翰内西
Hennessy!
-你是在等我的吗 -是的
– You waiting for me? – Yes.
到火车站
Penn Station.
来吧
Come on.
对不起 夫人 我需要你的帮助
We need your help.
我们正在追捕一个男人
We’re chasing a man.
真的 太令人兴奋了
Really? How exciting!
最后的男的买♥♥的去哪儿的车票
Where’d that man buy a ticket for?
-梅特卡夫 -我们去追他
– Metcalf. – Let’s get him.
那就是我们为什么不逮捕他
That’s why we’re not.
让他去那里吧 也许还会发现新的线索
Let him go. This may lead to something big.
来 我们打电♥话♥给梅特卡夫
We’ll phone Metcalf and let
我们会关注他在那里的行动
them take over at that end.
这里什么时候天会黑下来
What time does it get dark around here?
你着什么急啊
What’s the hurry?
-我说 什么时候天会黑下来 -哦 很快就会
– What time does it get dark, I said? – Oh, soon enough.
-对不起 -没关系
– Excuse me. – It’s quite all right.
-你知道还有多少时间才到下一站 -还有30分钟
– When do we get into Baltimore? – In about 30 minutes.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!