-她黑黑的 不太高 挺漂亮 -还有呢
– She was dark, not too tall, rather pretty. – What else?
还有什么
What else is there?
她带不带眼镜 盖伊
She wore glasses, didn’t she, Guy?
是的
Yes.
她看起来像芭芭拉 是吗
She looked something like Barbara, didn’t she?
你是怎么让他去做的
How did you get him to do it?
我让他去做这件事的
I get him to do it?
他杀了米里亚姆 是不是
He killed Miriam, didn’t he?
告诉我 是不是
Tell me, didn’t he?
是的
Yes.
他是我遇见的一个疯子
He’s a maniac.
我们是在去梅特卡夫的火车上碰到的
I met him on the train going to Metcalf.
他策划了一个交换谋杀的疯狂计划
He had a crazy scheme about exchanging murders.
我帮他谋杀 他帮我谋杀
I do his, he’d do mine.
什么意思 帮你去杀
What do you mean, your murder, Guy?
他在报上看到了我的新闻
He read about me.
知道了有关米里亚姆和你的事
He knew about Miriam, about you.
他认为应该帮我去杀了米里亚姆
He suggested if he got rid of Miriam for me,
我应该帮他去杀他父亲
I should kill his father.
你要知道他这都是胡说八道
You must’ve known he was talking nonsense.
当然 所以我没把它当回事 但他没有
But he wasn’t. I didn’t give it another thought.
刚才那个丧心病狂的家伙 让我去杀他的父亲
And now a lunatic wants me to kill his father.
这真太不可思议了
It’s too fantastic.
是的 怎么不是
Yes, isn’t it?
你的意思 你当天晚上就知道米里亚姆的事情了
You mean, you’ve known about Miriam all this time?
那天晚上 他把她的眼镜给了我
Since the first night. He gave me her glasses.
你为什么不去报♥警♥
Why didn’t you call the police?
因为他们说的话和你一样
And have them say what you did:
“海因斯先生 你怎么能让他去做这样的事情”
“Mr. Haines, how did you get him to do it?”
布鲁诺会说我们一起策划的
And Bruno would say we planned it together.
哦 盖伊 我们现在怎么办呢
Oh, Guy, what are we gonna do?
我不知道 安妮 我不知道
I don’t know, Anne. I don’t know.
我们最好进去吧 你的朋友翰内西正在看着我们
We’d better go inside. Your friend Hennessy is watching us.
你明白 安妮 我为什么没有告诉你的原因了吧
You see, this is why I didn’t want you to know anything about it.
我想保护你 芭芭拉 和你的父亲
I wanted to protect all of you. Barbara, your father.
现在你知道了 你也有了犯罪感
Now that you know, you’re acting guilty too.
我们就不能把这件事告诉我父亲 或其他人
If we could only talk to Father, to…
不行 安妮 我们不能把任何人拽进来
It’s not good. I mustn’t drag anyone else into this.
走吧
Come on, let’s go.
看来你有点着急了
You look worried.
保护好你的脚趾 一些有趣的事正在进行
Keep on your toes. Something funny’s going on.
我决定去做你让我做的事情
I’ve decided to do what you want.
我要去拜访你的父亲
I’ll make that little visit to your father.
今天晚上怎么样
How about tonight?
我想尽快把事情给办了
Yes, I want to get this thing over with.
有人看到你回家了吗
Does anyone know you’ve come home?
你最好在外面待一晚上 等到天亮以后再回来
You’d better slip out again and stay out till after daylight.
安东尼先生
Mr. Anthony.
不要惊慌 我必须和您谈谈你的儿子
Don’t be alarmed, but I must talk to you about your son,
有关布鲁诺·安东尼先生
about Bruno.
是的 海因斯先生
Yes, Mr. Haines?
我的父亲今天晚上不在家 海因斯先生
My father isn’t home tonight, Mr. Haines.
我本想在电♥话♥里告诉你的
I was about to tell you that on the phone.
但你突然地做出了这样的决定
But you made such a sudden decision.
我很奇怪为什么
I wondered why.
你既然把钥匙交给了我 我当然就要用它了
Since you sent me the key to your house, I decided to use it…
给你的父亲打个电♥话♥
to make a little social call on your father.
他会有兴趣知道 他有一个丧心病狂的儿子
I thought he’d be interested to know he has a lunatic son.
我想你就没有按照我们事先计划的行事
I assume that you have no intention of going ahead with our arrangement?
这决不可能我当然不会干
None whatsoever. I never had.
我明白
I see.
你不想继续用的我钥匙了
Well, then you’ll have no further use for my key.
我也不想用这个了
Nor this.
瞧你 布鲁诺 你已经病入膏肓了
Look, Bruno. You’re terribly sick.
我不了解这种事情
I don’t know much about these things,
不过我还是劝你找个地方治治你的病
but why don’t you get some treatment?
这不仅是为你好
Not only for your sake
你不能再对你遇到的人
but you can’t go on causing destruction…
为非作歹了
to anyone you happen to meet.
我不喜欢背叛别人的人
I don’t like to be double-crossed.
谋杀存在我的潜意识里
I have a murder on my conscience,
但这并不是我谋杀的理由 海因斯先生
but it’s not my murder.
是你的
It’s yours.
你得到了好处
And since you’re the one to profit by it…
我想你应该付出代价
I think you should be the one to pay for it.
好 我猜为时已晚 布鲁诺
Well, I guess it’s no use, Bruno.
我们已经没什么好说的了
We seem to have nothing further to discuss.
不必担心 我不会向你开枪的 海因斯先生
Don’t worry. I’m not going to shoot you.
这样会把我妈吵醒
It might disturb Mother.
我是个聪明人
I’m a very clever fellow.
我常常料事如神 我就是这样的
I’ll think of something better than that. Much better.
他在3:25回来 我一直不知道他已经溜出去了
He came back at 3:25. I didn’t even know he was gone…
直到他的电♥话♥铃响了
until his phone rang for half an hour.
大约半小时没有睡觉的鼾声 看门人让我进来了
Nobody sleeps that sound, so the janitor let me in.
-海因斯不在 -我奇怪他跑哪儿去了
– No Haines. – I wonder where he went.
-你将会听到另一宗谋杀 -别说了
– Probably hear of another dame murdered. – Shut up.
我马上和梅特卡夫联♥系♥
How about I contact Metcalf?
这次要问一些附加的问题
I think there’s cause for more questioning.
问题 我们最好把他抓起来
Questioning? Let’s take him in.
我已经和你说过了 我们没有任何确凿的证据
how many times must I tell you that we have nothing conclusive?
甚至不能证明他就在犯罪的现场
There’s no evidence he was ever at the crime scene.
你不要胡思乱想了
Can’t you get that?
呆在这等我回来
Now, just stay put till I get back.
莫顿小姐
Miss Morton, really.
我知道布鲁诺常常胡闹
I know Bruno’s been in some very awkward scrapes…
但是他不会去谋杀
but nothing so ridiculous as a murder.
你应该让他为此做点什么
Mrs. Anthony, you have to make him do something about this.
只要他一句话就能
Don’t you see that one word from him…
把盖伊从可怕的境况中解救出来
would get Guy out of this dreadful situation?
我可以肯定这全部事件都是在开玩笑
I’m sure that this whole thing is just some practical joke.
我知道 布鲁诺有时会玩过头
You know, Bruno, he sometimes goes a little too far.
我不应该在外人面前这么说
I really shouldn’t be saying this to an outsider
但是他有的时候确实是不负责任的
but sometimes he’s terribly irresponsible…
他会干各种出轨的事
and gets into all kinds of escapades.
你明白吗 安东尼夫人
Don’t you understand, Mrs. Anthony?
您的儿子要对一个女人的死负责任
Your son is responsible for a woman’s death.
是布鲁诺告诉你的
Did Bruno tell you this?
当然不是 安东尼夫人
Well, of course not, Mrs. Anthony.
那 就对了
Well, there you are.
很高兴你能来看我
Well, now, Miss Morton, it’s very nice of you to call…
但我要回我的画室去了
and if you’ll excuse me, I must get back to my painting.
你喜欢绘画吗 莫顿小姐
Do you care for painting, Miss Morton?
我发现它真的能使人放松
I find it very soothing.
希望你能再来看我
Come see us again sometime.
我担心母亲帮不了的什么忙
I’m afraid that Mother wasn’t very much help, was she?
她最近身体不大好
She hasn’t been well for a long time.
她有点 我怎么说呢 有点迷迷忽忽的
She’s a little… How shall I say? Confused.
我可怜的妈妈
Poor Mother.
我觉得盖伊有些颠三倒四
You know, I’m very upset with Guy.
他不应该让你赶这差事
He shouldn’t have sent you on an errand like this.
盖伊并不知道我在这 安东尼先生
Guy doesn’t know I’m here, Mr. Anthony.
我怕他一直在欺骗你
He’s led you up the garden path, I’m afraid.
他肯定有意要把你卷进来
He must be very desperate to try to involve me.
甚至就在火车上我一直在保护他
I’ve been protecting him since that conversation on the train…
当他告诉我他多恨他妻子时
when he told me how much he hated his wife.
但你知道吗 莫顿小姐 当他要我某天晚上返回岛上
He tried to get me to go back to the island one night after dark…
把他的打火机拿回来 警方就不会发现了
to pick up his lighter so the police wouldn’t find it?
你知道他在那里遗失了 在 那天晚上
He dropped it there, you know, when… Well, that night.
你看 警方只要一份证据
All the police are waiting for…
证实盖伊在犯罪现场就够了
is one piece of evidence to convict Guy of the murder.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!