You have no right, nor any invitation,
来讨论我的孩子该在哪里以什么方式生活
to discuss where or how my children live.
医生说了 该是我们谈谈的时候了
From what the doctor says, it’s time that we have the talk now.
你知道我有多讨厌去想 会失去你吗
Do you know how much I hate the idea of losing you?
知道
Yes.
嗯 除了你 看起来没有人了解了
Well, nobody… Nobody seems to know that except you.
我只是 嗯
I… Well…
什么
What?
我在考虑我的身份 而现在却失去了那身份
I’m thinking about my identity, and not having one any more.
我是谁 如果我不是 放弃艾玛的男人
Who am I, if I’m not the man who’s failing Emma?
-你没有放弃我 佛莱普 -我不想讨论这个话题
-You didn’t fail me, Flap. -I don’t wanna discuss it.
我感觉我想原谅你 或许我已经那么做了
I feel like I’m sucking after forgiveness, which I probably am.
你没我看起来那么糟糕
You were no more terrible than I was.
除了骗我
Except for the cheating.
你说对了 我们别这样做
You’re right. Let’s not do this.
瞧 我们之间有问题
Look, we had problems.
我们是否爱着对方的 讨论永远不会结束
It was never over whether we loved each other.
哦 天哪 这领带
Oh, God! That tie!
难以相信你还带着它
I can’t believe you wore that!
找到这条领带一定很难
The mess it must’ve been finding it.
家里仍然一团糟 这是我从 找的最后一个盒子里发现的
The house still isn’t in one piece. It was in the last box I looked in.
我敢打赌
I’ll bet.
上帝 你很好哄
God, you’re easy to please.
我不知道 我♥干♥嘛不多做点什么呢
I don’t know why I couldn’t do more of it.
我很高兴我们在聊天 只是指我
I’m so glad we’re talking, I just am.
这对我意义重大 我们仍然能像现在这样
It just means so much to me that we can still feel like this, so much.
我发誓
I swear…
听着 我累了
Listen, I am getting tired.
只需告诉我 你真的想抚养他们
Just tell me, hon, you really want to raise ’em?
我从未想过放弃孩子
I never thought I was the sort of man who’d give up his kids.
这是份很累的工作
It’s a lot of work.
既然你觉得这是很艰难的事 那就别希望那会简单
As hard as you think it is, you end up wishing it were that easy.
你希望他们在哪里呢
Where do you want them?
我不想让珍妮丝来带他们
I don’t want them to end up with Janice.
嗯 她并没那么糟糕
Well, she’s not so bad.
我也不认为他们该和你在一起 亲爱的
I really don’t think they should be with you, honey.

Well…
实话告诉你
To tell you the honest truth…
我可能把事情搞得一团糟
I’d probably screw it up.
我真的很想念他们
I’ll really miss them.
嗯 也许我们应该 让佩特西带他们
Well, maybe we should let Patsy take them.
对我而言 夏天在纽约做研究会简单些
It’d be easy for me to work research summers in New York.
不 佩特西只是想抚养梅尔尼
No. Patsy really only wants Melanie.
身为母亲 应该抚养他们
Mother should have them.
你随时可以去见他们
You can see them any time you want.
你该为他们决定一切
You’ll decide things for them and everything.
她会觉得那很难
She can make that very difficult.
她不会
She won’t.
嗯 我想他们最好 还是由你母亲抚养吧
Well, I guess they should be with your mother.
我也许会那样做的
I probably have that coming.
佛莱普 明天能把 男孩们带来吗
Flap, will you bring the boys by tomorrow?
那已经在等我了 我得完成该完成的
I’ve got that one waiting for me. I gotta do it.
-好的 -谢谢
-Yeah. -Thanks.
来吧 佩特西 我得做好准备
Come on, Pats, I gotta get ready.
佩特西 化妆
Patsy. Make-up!
这样说是不是太糟糕了 我无法忍♥受看你母亲
Is it terrible to say I can’t stand seeing your mother
爱抚那小女孩
get her hands on that little girl?
我只是想抚养那小女孩
I’d just love to raise that little girl.
听着 我会让你抚养的
Look, I’d let you,
但泰迪不能离开她
but Teddy couldn’t spare her.
我不能再拖了 行吗
I can’t stall any more, all right?
你出去 把孩子们叫进来吧
You go out there and send the boys in.
嗯 我需要说点什么吗
Well, do I get to say something ever?
不用
No.
我们没必要那样做 对吗 过来
We don’t have to do that, right? Come here.
你会好的 会的
You’ll be fine. You will.
就这些
It’s just this…
你是我的榜样 艾玛
You’re my touchstone, Emma.
男孩们
The boys.
嗨 进来吧
Hi. Come on.
我爱你我想念你 我要你回家
I love you. I miss you. God, I want you to come home.
把门关上
Close the door.
天哪 你们看起来 都长大了
God, you both look so gigantic to me.
我猜我吓着你们了
I guess I look pretty bad to you.
没那么糟糕
Not so bad.
你们俩都有漂亮的眼睛 你们头发太长了
You both have beautiful eyes and your hair’s too long.
我不想管的 但 把头发剪了 好吗
I don’t care about the back but keep your bangs cut, OK?
-太长了 -这只是观念问题
-It’s too long. -That’s a matter of opinion.
留短发 好吗
Just keep it short, all right?
你好点了吗
Are you getting well?
抬头
Look up.
很包歉 我对此无能为力
I’m sorry about this but I can’t help it.
我不能说太久 要不我会太悲伤的
I can’t talk too long or I’ll get real upset.
我要你们结交朋友
I want you to make a lot of friends.
对女孩们好些 因为她们会对你们很重要 我发誓
And be real nice to the girls cos they’ll be important to you, I swear.
我们不害怕和女孩交往 什么使你那样想
We’re not afraid of girls, what makes you think that?
-以后也许会 -我不相信
-Well, you may be later on. -I doubt it.
-你干嘛不闭嘴 -闭嘴 你给我闭嘴
-Why don’t you shut up? Shut up! -You shut up.
泰迪 亲我一口 过来
Teddy, give me a kiss, come on.
汤米 乖点 乖
Tommy, you be sweet. Be sweet.
别假装你还恨着我 这样做很愚蠢
And stop trying to pretend like you hate me. It’s silly.
我爱你
I like you.
-那就好好听着 -什么
-Then listen especially close. -What?
-认真听 -我所说的
-Listen real hard? -I said what.
我知道你喜欢我 我知道
I know you like me. I know it.
去年或前两年 你装作恨我
For the last year or two, you’ve pretended like you hate me.
但我非常爱你 就像我爱其他人一样爱着你
But I love you very much, as much as I love anybody,
就像爱惜我自己一样
as much as I love myself.
过些年 当我不再纠缠你
And in a few years when I haven’t been around to irritate you,
你会记得
you’re gonna remember.
你会记得我给你买♥♥棒球手套 记得我们吵架
You’ll remember when I bought the baseball glove when we were broke
或者我给你读故事
or when I read you those stories,
又或者我让你出去玩 而不是去割草--太多事情
or when I let you goof off instead of mowing the lawn, lots of things.
你会发现你爱着我
You’re gonna realise that you love me,
也许你会觉得很糟糕 因为你
and maybe you’ll feel badly because
没有告诉过我 但不要那样认为
you never told me, but don’t.
我知道你爱着我
I know that you love me.
-所以不要那样做 好吗 -好的
-So don’t do that to yourself, OK? -OK!
-好吗 -我说了 好的
-OK? -I said OK.
很好 你们要自力更生
OK, you two should run along.
保重
Take care.
来 亲我一口
Give me a kiss.
我很害怕 但 我想我会好起来的 不是吗
I was so scared, but I think it went well, don’t you?

Yeah?
汤米 如果你想找人聊天 爸爸会认真听的
Tommy, if you need to talk, your dad will listen.
他很聪明 你知道的
He’s a very smart man, you know.
就那样说”爸爸 我感到困惑 我需要和你谈谈”
Just say, “Dad, I’m confused. I need to have a talk.”
你知道的 和我一起住的男孩
You know, I met this boy back in River Oaks where I live.
告诉我休斯顿童子军是最好的
He said the Cub Scouts in Houston are the best ever.
我们从没当过童子军 我们的妈妈懒得去管这些
We were never scouts, our mother was too lazy to check it out.
别跑了 停下
No! Stop!
来吧 别跑了
Come on! Stop it!
别跑了
No!
听我说 听我说 行了 汤姆
Listen to me! Listen. It’s OK, Tom.
没事了 嘿 停下
It’s OK. Now… Hey! Stop it!
对不起 我无法忍♥受听到 尤其批评你母亲
I’m sorry, but I just can’t have you criticising your mother around me.
霍顿先生 霍顿先生
Mr Horton. Mr Horton?
她走了
She’s gone.
天哪 我太蠢了 我太蠢了
Oh, God, I’m so stupid. So stupid…
我以为
Somehow I thought…
以为她走的那一刻

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章欲望号快车
下一篇文章廊桥遗梦
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!