你穿紧身裤多久了
How long you been wearing such tight pants?
如果这是搭讪的台词 我们可是绝配
If that’s a pick-up line, we’re a match made in heaven.
听说你们住在国宾大饭店
So I hear you’re staying at the Ambassador Hotel.
是的 我们住在国宾大饭店
Yes, I am staying at the Ambassador Hotel.
-哪个房♥ -237
-What’s your room number? -237.
上面风景怎么样
Oh. What’s the view like from up there?
你可以自己来看
You know, you could come over and check it out for yourself.
-我5:00下班 -你5:30可以到
-I get off at 5:00. -So, you could be there by 5:30?
-5:15 -好了 我不说了
-5:15. -Okay. I’m gonna stop now…
因为 我不想搞砸了
because…I don’t wanna blow it.
好吧
Okay.
喔 你在干嘛 你在干嘛
Whoa. What are you doing? What are you doing?
你不能用这个小塑料叉子做三明治
You cannot use these little plastic forks to make a sandwich.
我告诉你怎么做 你抓片面包
Let me show you how it’s done. You grab the bread.
用手抓点冷火腿
You pile the cold cuts on with your hand.
蘸点酱 在来点冷火腿
You dip a little mustard. A little more cold cuts.
瞧 会做了吗
Look at that. Are we cooking?
再看看这个 真是美妙
Now take a look at that. That is a thing of beauty.
索尔 你去年在圣安妮塔损失多少
So, Solly, how much did you lose at Santa Anita last year?
-你签了我们 -没关系 你喜欢德克萨斯吗
-You signed us. -Never mind. How’d you like Texas?
打扰下 希勒先生
Excuse me, Mr. Siler.
詹姆斯·马汀礼二世 奇迹乐队的主唱
James Mattingly II, lead singer ofThe Wonders.
“你所做的事”是我写的 我还写了很多歌♥
I wrote “That Thing You Do. ” I wrote many other songs…
我觉得我们应该约时间谈一下
that I think we should make an appointment and share.
吉米在干什么
What is Jimmy doing?
吉米
Jimmy!
这他妈的是干什么
What in the bloody hell is this?
我吃饭的时候试唱
Auditions during my lunchtime?
好像我很闲似得
Yeah, like I got time on my hands-
把这个浪费时间的带走
You wanna get Fabian away from me?
他不知道我们是谁
Jimmy: He doesn’t know who we are.
对他而言 谁都一样
To him, we could be anybody.
他知道奇迹乐队
Guy: He knows who The Wonders are.
他不听其他的歌♥
Faye: He didn’t listen to any other songs?
我都怀疑他有没有听过”你所做的事”
Jimmy: I doubt he’s even heard That Thing You Do.
我不觉得索尔·希勒是听歌♥的人
Guy: I don’t think Sol Siler’s the person who listens to songs.
他可是掌管
Jimmy: He’s the guy who’s in charge
普利通银河的
of the entire Play-Tone galaxy.
他掌握着我们大家的命运
This is the man who’s in charge of our collective fate,
我们美好的未来
our creative destiny.
得了吧
Oh… come on!
戴安警告过我
Diane warned me about this.
戴安·丹
Diane Dane?
戴安·丹 她说什么
Diane Dane. What’d she say?
不要相信商标
Never trust a label.
我开始相信她了
And I’m beginning to believe her.
哦 我同意
Lenny: Oh, I agree.
他们让我们住一流酒店
Come on, they put us up in a first-class hotel,
提供一切开销 我们的唱片还在爬升
all expenses paid while our record climbs the charts.
一群骗人的毒蛇
Bunch of lying snakes.
抱歉我打扰你了
I’m sorry I’m bugging you.
看来只有我坚持原则
I guess I’m alone in my principles.
算了
Come on.
他走了 回房♥自己去写歌♥了
There he goes, off to his room to write that hit song,
“独自坚守原则”
Alone In My Principles.
年轻的先生们 年轻的先生们
Young squires, young squires.
菲 很高兴看到你好起来
Faye, I’m glad to see you’re feeling better.
-兰尼 对吧 -是的
-Lenny, right? -Yeah.
听着 有个靓女开着部靓车刚刚停下
Listen, a major blonde in a major car just pulled up.
我想她要带你逛逛
I think she wants to show you the town.
天啊太棒了
God! Great!
口气好吗不好
Breath-good? No?
好的 回见了
All right. See you guys.
电♥话♥帮我回了
Hold my calls.
你们吃了甜点没
Listen, have you kids had dessert?
试试蜜桃酥皮饼
Try the peach cobbler.
南边最好的
Best in the Southland.
我拿了花给你
Hey, I got you some flowers.
你们要理解吉米
You gotta understand something aboutJimmy.
他 他的自我要求非常高
His-His standards are way up there
因为他很聪明
because he’s so smart.
他高中时测试是天才型的
He tested in high school at genius level,
这就是为什么
so that’s why…
我感觉很糟 我回去睡觉了
I feel terrible. I’m gonna go back to bed.
这想法不错
Yeah, that’s a good idea.
再见 菲
Bye, Faye.
再见 谢谢
Bye. Thanks.
-女士 -谢谢
-Ma’am. -Thank you.
如果吉米是天才
If Jimmy’s a genius…
我就是吴丹
I’m U Thant.
吴丹是谁
Who’s U Thant?
他是秘书 算了
He’s the secre-forget it.
想走吗
You wanna get out of here?
看看海滩
Go see some of the coast?
行啊
Yes, definitely.
或者 呃
Or maybe, um…
有个戏院
what’s that theater that the, um
电影明星把手印在门口的
The movie stars put their hands in the front?
好莱坞中国戏院
Oh. Grauman’s Chinese Theater.
一定很好玩
That’d be fun.
打搅下 长官们
Excuse me, sirs.
我想告知你们 我很快就会加入你们
Um, I wanted to inform you that I’ll be joining your ranks soon,
我已经可以做200个俯卧撑了
and, um, I can already do 200 pushups.
是吗 小子
Really, boot?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你先做100个怎么样
Why don’t you give us 100 right now?
是的 长官
Yes, sir!
数着
Count ’em off!
3 4
3, 4…
咖啡 谢谢
Coffee, please. Thank you.
5 6
5, 6…
我喜欢这孩子 大声点
I like this kid. Louder, son!
9 10 11 12
9, 10, 11, 12…
要车吗 年轻的先生
Hey, taxi, young squire?
是的 有人找我
Um, yeah. Anybody calls for me,
就说我在切森餐厅和苏珊娜·普里希特一起
I’ll be at Chasen’s with Suzanne Pleshette.
没问题
Gotcha.
拉马尔 这附近有没有好的爵士乐
Hey, Lamarr, is there any place around here with really good jazz
哦 好的爵士乐
Oh, you want good jazz?
好的爵士
Good jazz?
问你个问题
Let me ask you a question.
谁在”重大事件”里给雅克·圣克莱尔吹短号♥
Who played coronet forJacques St. Claire on Vital Stats?
史考帝·麦当劳
Scotty McDonald.
上车 上车
Get in the cab. Get in the cab!
带这个年轻人去蓝点
Take this young man to the Blue Spot.
好的爵士 他们真不错
Oh, good jazz. They’re fine!
是啊
Yeah.
我从温哥华到塔科马
I left Vancouver for Tacoma,
塔科马到波特兰
Tacoma for Portland…
在波特兰结婚
Oh, I got married in Portland. Yeah.
然后离开波特兰去雷诺
Oh, and then I left Portland for Reno,
在雷诺离婚
and then I got divorced in Reno.
然后想开了 面对命运
Then wised up and faced the inevitable.
搬来洛杉矶
You know, I moved to L.A.
三人组又开始演奏了
Is the trio going on again?
不知道
I don’t know.
他们好像有点忙
Looks like they’re kind of busy
跟戴尔在那里胡扯
doing the cock ‘n’ bull with Del there.
戴尔
Del?
是的 戴尔·帕克斯顿 这里的常客
Yeah, Del Paxton. One of the regulars.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!