-Phil Horace. -Guy Patterson.
你要买♥♥唱片吗在打折
Do you wanna buy one of our records? They’re on sale.
我不想浪费你的时间
I don’t wanna waste any more of your time.
请到我办公室来一下
Would you step into my office, please?
哦 伙计 卖♥♥摄影机了
Oh, boy. Movie cameras now.
摄影机 要过圣诞节了
Movie cameras. Jiminy Christmas.
瞧这里 烧烤架要7.89元
Look here. Barbecue grill for 7.89.
到底是电器店还是五金店
What is it-appliance store, hardware store?
都搞不清 什么都卖♥♥ 什么都有
You don’t even know. They got everything. They got it all.
知道吗 盖
You know, Guy…
你们有一点很好 就是一种清新 自然 朴素的气质
one of the good things about your group is there’s a nice, natural, raw quality.
-我喜欢 -谢谢
-I like that. -Thank you.
我告诉你 我见过很多
And I wanna tell you, I’ve been around.
我觉得这个 是打榜的唱片
And I think this… is a hit record.
-星期天12:00-6:00营业 -好的 亲
-Open on Sunday from 12:00-6:00. -Yes, dear.
我不想生活在这个
You know, I don’t believe I wanna live in a country…
星期天还要开门营业的国家
where you have to stay open on Sunday to do business.
为了养家 不应该在星期天工作 对吗
You shouldn’t have to work on Sunday to support a family, should you?
-是的 是的 -嗯 别管报纸了
-No, no. -Hmm? Let’s put that paper away.
-把这个拿开 -把这个拿走
-Let’s just take that right now. -Let’s get it out of here.
我发现打榜的唱片就像炖肉
Now I found that a hit record is like a stew.
所有的调料得一起炖
All the ingredients have to cook together just right.
不然只是汤
Otherwise, it’s just soup.
喝这个应该不算太早吧 我想
Not too early in the day for one of these, I hope.
-我渴了 -不太确定
-I’m thirsty. -I’m not sure about this.
这是个标准的经纪协议
It’s a standard management contract.
我做好我的事情 你们就能赚钱
Says if I do my job, you guys make money.
-我们怎么赚钱 -是啊 怎么赚
-How do we make money? -Yeah, how?
你要组织在溜冰场跳舞 还是基♥督♥教青年会狂欢
You gonna wrangle us up some dances at roller rinks, Youth for Christ jamboree-
在斯托本维尔 扬斯敦 匹兹堡的摇滚秀
Rock and roll shows in Steubenville, Youngstown, Pittsburgh…
-类似这些地方 -真的
-places like that. -Really?
-没错 -匹兹堡
-Yeah. -Pittsburgh?
-斯托本维尔 -是的
-Steubenville. -Yeah.
你们想在收音机里听到”你所做的事”吗
And how would you like to hear “That Thing You Do” on the radio?
-我很想 -哦 当然
-I’d love to. -Um, sure.
交给我了 我向你们保证
Then leave it to me. And here’s your guarantee.
如果我不能让这歌♥上
If I don’t get this record going
我是说真正的广播节目 一周 至多10天内
and I mean serious radio airplay inside of a week, 10 days at the most-
咱们把这个撕了
we’ll tear this up.
我不做你们经纪人了
And I’m no longer your manager.
我糊涂了
I don’t know.
与我音乐有关的 我都得谨慎
I’m reluctant to sign anything that has to do with my music.
什么 你疯了
What, are you crazy?
这伙计住这么豪华的房♥车里 想让我们的歌♥上广播
A man in a really nice camper wants to put our song on the radio.
给我笔 我签 你签 大家都签
Give me a pen. I’m signing. You’re signing. We’re all signing.
这里面是在干嘛
What in the world is goin’ on in here?
-帕特森先生 -帕特森先生
-Mr. Patterson. -Mr. Patterson.
兰尼 这是啤酒吗你们在喝酒
Lenny, is that a beer? You drinkin’ beer?
-盖你们在干嘛 -嘿 这是啥大炮竹
-Guy! What are you doin’? -Hey! What’s that, a big ol’ firecracker?
-我来拿吧 -你们这里面干什么
-Let me get that off–What are you guys doin’ here in this-
-菲尔·霍瑞斯 很高兴认识你 -你好
-Phil Horace. Glad to know you. -How do you do?
介意挪一下吗
You mind movin’ this?
-马上开走 -店子里要做生意了
-Movin’ it right out. -Tryin’ to do some business here in the store.
那些小子都去哪了把他们都叫回来
Where did all those boys go? Get those boys back here,
盖 我要跟你们谈谈
Guy. I wanna talk to all of you!
-早上好 媞娜 -早上好 大夫
-Good morning, Tina. -Good morning, Doctor.
-你好吗 -跟我说实话吧
-How are you? -So give it to me straight.
-我会死吗 -你走运了 媞娜亲
-Will I live? -Well, you are in luck, Tina dear…
我是专家 你的第15颗臼齿有问题
because I am a specialist, and you have a problem with your number 15 molar.
嘿 爱普 请你换下台 行吗
Hey, April, can you change the station, please?
Dippity-do.
-听到什么了吗 -没有
-Did anybody hear anything? -No.
-没有 -没有我们的歌♥
-Nothing. -No. Not our record.
我昨晚3点才睡 不停换台 啥都没有
I was up till 3:00 a. m. last night, listening up and down the dial. Nothing.
-我觉得霍瑞斯是个骗子 -吉米 等等 骗子
-I think this Horace is a crook. -Jimmy, wait a second. Crook?
骗子 你肯定有鬼
Crook. You may have something there.
简单说 他没为我们干什么
In simple terms, he’s done nothing for us.
没有
Nothing.
-他说给他一周 -十天
-He said give him a week. -Ten days.
五天工作日 两周
Five working days is… two weeks.
没有律师 你们就不该签那个
You guys never should have signed anything without a lawyer.
我爸可以免费地看看合同
My dad would’ve looked at it for free.
也可能我们错过了 七月过圣诞
It could be that we’re missing it, so… Christmas in July.
不会吧
No way!
帕特森电器中心请客
-Aw. -Courtesy of Patterson’s appliance center.
-小型收音机 -谢了 圣诞老人
-Junior radios. -T’anks, Mr. Kringle.
我正准备去买♥♥的
I was gonna get one of these.
我要一把仿♥真♥枪♥ 我一直很乖
I asked for a BB gun, and I’ve been good.
如果我们听不同的台 一定能听到
I think that if we listen to different radio stations, we’re bound to hear it.
嘿 伙计们 还好吗
Hey, guys. How’s it goin’?
你好吗
How you doin’?
哦 查德 嘿
Oh, Chad. Hey.
嘿 查德
Hey, Chad.
看到烤箱边的那个女士了吗
See those ladies over there by the stove?
放下耳朵上那玩意 赶快过去
Get that thing out of your ear and get over here.
放下汉堡 等会再吃 快去
Put the hamburger away. You can eat anytime. Come on.
快点
Come on!
嗨 女士们
Hi, ladies.
刚才是威客伯格主持的直通车节目
Radio: That’s The Vicksburgs with Drive Faster.
WJ ET台 整点过十分
WJ ET hit-time, 10 minutes past the hour.
现在来点新鲜的
Hey, here’s something new.
伊利本地的一个乐队出了新唱片
A local Erie band’s got a new record out.
几周前刚刚赢得梅西赫斯特学院选秀大赛
Just won the Mercyhurst talent show a couple of weeks ago.
伊利自己的欧尼德斯
This is Erie’s own… The O-neders!
噢 上帝啊
Oh, my God!
啊我们上收音机了
Aah! We’re on the radio!
收音机在放”你所做的事”
The radio’s playing That Thing You Do!
有米黄色 经典白
Comes in beige, classic white,
暗黄绿色
avocado
噢 上帝啊
Oh, my God!
盖!
Guy!
盖打开收音机他们在播
Guy! Turn on the radio! They’re playing it!
打开收音机
OK. Turn it on.
小子 把你干粗活的手拿开
Son, you wanna get your cotton-pickin’ mitts off that!
听到了吗
Did you hear it?
好嘢我们上广播了
Yes! We’re on the radio!
放下 那个牌子很贵的
Put that down. That is a very expensive floor display.
帕特森电器行
Patterson’s Appliances.
什么
What?
是的 我们正在听
Yes! We’re listening to it right now!
是的
Yes!
我是斯巴达克斯
I am Spartacus!
不敢相信我居然错过了
Oh, I can’t believe I missed it.
-你今天听了收音机没 -听了 而且
-Did you listen to the radio at all today? -Yes, and
没仔细听 只是就这么放着
No, not really. I had it on as background music.
-今天下午放了三遍 -真的啊
-Well, it played three times this afternoon. -So you said.
我也不是没听过你的歌♥ 盖 我听过了
But it’s not like I haven’t heard your song, Guy. I have.
我打赌整个周末都会放 听听WJ ET台吧
I’ll bet they’ll play it all weekend, so… listen to WJ ET.
哦 这个周末
Oh, this weekend.
你一定不信我要干嘛
You will not believe what I have to do.
我要更换我第15颗臼齿的牙冠
I’m getting the crown replaced on my number 15 molar.
明天好像要跟牙医呆一整天
It’s-It’s gonna take, like, all day tomorrow with the dentist.
-一整天看牙 -嗯哼
-All day? At the dentist? -Mm-hmm.
听上去像他XX的双重剔牙 懂吗
That sounds like H-E double toothpicks, hon. Get it?
哈哈哈 我有点晕头了
Ha, ha, ha. Man, I’m giddy.
是的 晕头的小子 我累了 再聊吧
Yes, well, giddy boy, I’m tired, so… talk to you soon.
别太辛苦了 好吗
Don’t work too hard, okay?
哦 我不累 因为
Oh, I never do, ’cause…
我 是 斯巴达克斯
I… am… Spartacus.

Hello?
噢 你来了我们听到了
Oh, you! We heard it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!