行动经费,帮手
Money to operate, personnel,
最后是,货物如何出手
and finally, the disposing of the take.
埃默瑞克先生,第一项没问题,对吧?
No trouble about the first, eh, Mr. Emmerich?
且慢,考比,情况还有待观察
Wait a minute, Cobby. This remains to be seen.
帮手们只会领♥取♥固定报酬
The helpers will be paid off like house painters.
我不会告诉他们这笔买♥♥卖♥♥有多大
They’ll be told nothing about the size of the take.
人有时会变得太贪婪
Sometimes men get greedy.
– 那你需要多少帮手?- 只需三个
– Well, how many helpers do you need? – Only three.
一个开锁专家
A box man.
付给他的报酬最多,大概两万五千美元
Him, we pay most. Maybe $25,000.
我想到个人,路易·查维利,芝加哥西区最好的开锁匠
I got a guy for you. Louis Ciavelli. Best box man west of Chicago.
机械锁专家,曾干过一些大型盗窃案
Expert mechanic. Been in some very big capers.
我听说他开保险柜跟拆表一样轻松,但他要价很高
From what I hear, he can open a safe like the back of a watch. Only, he costs.
然后我们需要一个顶级车手,以防逃跑时用到他
Then we need a top-notch driver, in case of a rumble.
– 车手只用付一万块钱- 嗯哼
– He should get 10,000. – Mm-hmm.
最后,不得不说,我们需要一个恶棍
Finally, sad to say, we need a hooligan.
这种人♥大♥多数有毒瘾,他们毫无优点
Most of these fellas are drug addicts. They’re a no-good lot.
他们只知道使用暴♥力♥,但遗憾的是此类行动需要恶棍
Violence is all they know, but they are, unfortunately, necessary.
如果这恶棍可靠的话,我会付给他一万五千块钱
For a more or less reliable man, I’d say 15,000.
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
那总共是五万块钱
Well, that’s 50,000 in all.
如何…
How, uh —
如何把赃物卖♥♥出去?
How’s this take to be handled?
联♥系♥中西部最好的销赃者们
We’ll get in touch with the best fences in the Midwest
把赃物卖♥♥给出价最高的人
and deal with whoever makes the highest offer.
也许一个销赃者没那么多钱
Maybe no one fence can handle the whole thing.
那样的话,我们卖♥♥给两、三个销赃者
In that case, we deal with two or three.
五十万美元,是吧?
Half a million, eh?
我…
I, uh…
我…我在想
I’m, uh… I’m just thinking.
如果我决定参与,我…
If I decide to go into this thing, I, uh…
我自己可以买♥♥下这些…
I, myself, I might handle the…
埃默瑞克先生,你做销赃者?
You, a fence, Mr. Emmerich?
不,考比,不完全是
Oh, no, no, Cobby. Not exactly.
但这笔生意听起来很棒,我想卖♥♥它个最高价
But your proposition looks pretty good. I’d like to see the most made of it.
我猜人应该只做自己擅长的事
Oh, I suppose a fella should stick to his own trade,
但我也认识本地的一些大人物
but, uh, I know some pretty big men around here
如果沟通得当,他们也许会接受这样的交易
that might not be averse to a deal like this, if they’re properly approached.
我补充一句,他们是非常受敬仰的大人物
Highly respectable men, I might add.
所以在你寻找销赃者之前,我先帮你问问情况,如何?
So why don’t you let me see what I can do before you look for a fence, hmm?
就几天时间,我猜对你来说也没什么损失
A few days, more or less, wouldn’t make much difference to you, I don’t suppose.
– 如果成功,大家一起多赚钱- 好的
– Might mean a lot more money for all of us. – Good.
还有一件事,我不愿提起
There’s just one thing. I dislike to mention it,
– 但我刚从监狱出来…- 噢,当然
– but I’ve just come from prison and… – Oh. Well, of course.
考比会给你安排住处,以及你需要的一切
Cobby will advance you anything you need, see that you have a place to stay.
– 考比,对吗?- 那是当然
– Eh, Cobby? – Well, you bet your life.
而且我还有一些特殊服务电♥话♥,博士
And I got some fancy phone numbers for you too, Doc.
像你这种有品味的人坐牢七年是什么滋味?
What’s it like, a man of your taste, seven years behind the walls?
不算太糟,监狱可以磨炼性情
Not too bad. It’s a matter of temperament.
我在里面不找麻烦,狱警喜欢犯人这样
I cause no trouble. The prison authorities appreciate that.
然后他们就让我做图书管♥理♥员♥
They made me assistant librarian.
恐怕我可当不了这种模范犯人
I’m afraid I wouldn’t make a model prisoner.
干完这一票,我就到墨西哥,去过国王般的日子
After this job, it’s Mexico for me. I’ll live like a king.
墨西哥女孩非常漂亮
Mexican girls are very pretty.
我每天什么也不做,就在阳光下追求她们
I’ll have nothing to do all day long but chase them in the sunshine.
– 你非常大方,先生- 晚安
– You’ve been very kind, sir. – Good night. Good night.
– 再见,埃默瑞克先生- 再见,考比
– Mr. Emmerich. – Cobby.
朗大叔,你站在那里盯着我♥干♥嘛?
What’s the big idea, standing there staring at me, Uncle Lon?
别叫我「朗大叔」
Don’t call me “Uncle Lon.”
我还以为你喜欢呢
I thought you liked it.
也许我曾经喜欢
Maybe I did.
但现在不了
I don’t anymore.
我让卖♥♥场给你送些咸水鲭鱼
I had the market send over some salt mackerel for you.
我知道你喜欢把它当早餐
I know how you love it for breakfast.
甜美的女孩
Some sweet kid.
很晚了
It’s late.
妳为什么不去睡觉呢?
Why don’t you go to bed?
甜美的女孩
Some sweet kid.
喂,是鲍勃·布兰姆吗?我是埃默瑞克
Hello, Bob Brannom? This is Emmerich.
不,我不是打电♥话♥聊天的
No, no. I didn’t call you to get the right time.
听着,我有份工作交给你
Listen, I’ve got a job for you.
不,不是那种事
No, no. Nothing like that.
我有十万美元欠债没到帐
I’ve got over $100,000 standing out on my books.
明早到我办公室,我把欠债者的名单给你
Come to my office tomorrow morning, I’ll give you a list of people that owe me.
不,不
No, no, no, no.
一个一个的想办法
Use the method called for in each particular case.
别跟我说任何过程,我只要结果
And don’t tell me anything about it. All I want is results.
那又怎样?
So what?
放松,孩子,放松
Easy, boy. Easy.

Hello.
你是谁?
Who?
噢,是戈斯呀
Oh, sure, Gus.
他还没睡醒
He’s still asleep.
什么?
What?
好的,我会转告他
Yeah. Yeah, I’ll tell him.
亲爱的,戈斯打来电♥话♥
Honey. Honey, that was Gus.
他说你随时可以去找他,他有东西给你
He says you can come over anytime. He’s got something for you.
好的
Okay.
亲爱的,喝咖啡吗?我刚弄的
Coffee, honey? I made it fresh.
好的
Yeah. Yeah.
嘿,你肯定做梦了
Hey, you sure were dreaming.
– 妳怎么知道?- 你睡着时还说话
– How do you know? – You were talking in your sleep.
– 我说什么了?- 都是些零散的话
– What was I saying? – It was all jumbled up.
但有一个词语我听得很清楚,你说了好几次
But I heard one word real plain. You called it out several times.
「玉米饼干」
“Corn cracker.”
那是什么意思?
What’s that mean?
玉米饼干?
Corn Cracker?
玉米饼干是一匹雄马驹
Corn Cracker was a colt.
是这样啊
Yeah, it would be.
它是一匹高大的黑色雄马驹
Yeah. He was a tall, black colt.
我想起我做的梦了
Yeah, I remember what I was dreaming.
我骑在那匹雄马驹背上
I was up on that colt’s back.
我父亲和我爷爷在旁边看着我取乐
My father and my grandfather were there, watching the fun.
那匹雄马驹正在跳跃、蹬蹄
That colt was buck-jumping and pitching.
它试图把我甩脱在篱笆上,但我还是骑着它
Once he tried to scrape me off against the fence, but I stayed with him, you bet.
然后我听到我爷爷说:
Then I heard my granddaddy say,
「他是汉德利家的棒小伙,正宗男子汉」
“He’s a real Handley, that boy. A real Handley.”
我当时骄傲极了
And I felt proud as you please.
迪克斯,那是真事吗?在你小时候?
Did that really happen, Dix, when you were a kid?
不完全是,那匹黑色雄马驹首次跳跃就把我甩脱在篱笆上
Not exactly. The black colt pitched me into a fence on the first buck.
然后我老爸走过来,用他的靴子踢着我说:
My old man come over, prodded me with his boot and said,
「也许这能教会你不要吹嘘自己擅长骑马」
“Maybe that’ll teach you not to brag about how good you are on a horse.”
很高兴看到你笑了
It’s nice to hear you laugh.
妳知道吗?
You know something?
是我的祖辈首先把爱尔兰良种马引进县里的
One of my ancestors imported the first Irish thoroughbred into our county.
– 真的吗?- 当然
– Is that a fact? – Sure.
我们家的农场世代相传
Why, our farm was in the family for generations.
总共一百六十英亩的农场
One hundred sixty acres.
有三十英亩的广阔草地,其余的种庄稼
Thirty in bluegrass and the rest in crops.
漂亮谷仓,七匹母马
Fine barn and seven brood mares.
– 迪克斯,听起来真好- 本来是的
– Sounds wonderful, Dix. – It was.
然后一切发生得太突然
And then everything happened at once.
我老爸死了,我们的玉米田没了
My old man died, and we lost our corn crop.
那匹黑色雄马驹摔断了腿,我们只能射死它
That black colt I was telling you about, he broke his leg and had to be shot.
那是苦涩的一年
That was a rotten year.
我永远忘不了我们离开的那天
I’ll never forget the day we left.
我和我弟弟发誓,总有一天我们要把山核桃木农场买♥♥回来
Me and my brother swore we’d buy Hickorywood Farm back someday.
被迫离开从小长大的地方一定很糟糕
Growing up in a place and then having to leave must be awful.
我从未有过一个像样的家
I never had a proper home.
一万两千块钱就能买♥♥回来,有一次我几乎做到了
Twelve grand would have swung it, and I almost made it once.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!