当然,他不是在坐牢吗?
Sure. Behind the walls, isn’t he?
不,他上周出狱了,考比带他来找我
No, he’s out. He got out last week. Cobby brought him to me.
他有个计划,设计得非常完美
He’s got a plan, beautifully worked out,
会是中西部有史以来最大的盗窃案
for the biggest caper ever to be pulled in the Middle West.
但他需要五万美元的经费
Only he wants $50,000 backing.
目标是谁?
Who would be taken?
贝拉提尔珠宝店
Belletier’s.
保守地说,仅宝石就价值五十万美元
The rocks alone would be worth, conservatively speaking, half a million.
– 你能拿多少?- 三分之一
– How much would you get out of it? – A third of the take.
老兄,你真吓我一跳
Brother. You’re knocking me out.
那如果我跟你说,我有个计划可以让我独吞一切呢?
What if I were to tell you that I’ve got a plan worked out to get it all?
我告诉他们让我来做销赃者,懂吗?
I could tell them that I’d fence the stuff myself, you see?
答应他们货物一到就付现金
Promise them cash on delivery.
然后…
Then…
等到交货时,我就说现金还没筹到,你明白吗?
when the time comes, I simply wouldn’t have the cash. You understand?
我告诉他们筹钱还得几天
I’d tell them it’d take a few days more to raise it.
我确定能让他们在等钱时把货物放在我这里
I’m certain I could get them to leave the stuff with me while we’re waiting.
– 继续说- 然后我就消失
– Go on. – Well, then I’d disappear.
坐飞机去别的国家,开始新生活
I’d take a plane to another country, to another life.
我可以把黄金和铂金融化成金条卖♥♥
The gold and platinum I could melt up and sell as bullion, you see.
至于宝石,一次卖♥♥一个
And the rocks, sell them one at a time.
不用着急,宝石是不会贬值的
There’d be no hurry. They’d last a lifetime.
我怎么会如此愚蠢?
How wrong can a guy be?
我还一直为你担心呢
Here I was worrying about your nerves,
而你却一直在思考如何背叛同伙
and you were dreaming up a double-cross like this.
是的
Yes.
但我做不成,因为我没有五万美元
But I can’t do it because I haven’t got $50,000.
– 我可以告诉你如何筹钱- 你?
– I can tell you how to raise it. – You?
如何筹钱?
How?
– 我能得到什么好处?- 五五分账
– What’s in it for me? – Fifty-fifty.

Okay.
但我们有可能被杀死,朋友
But we may get ourselves killed, my friend.
是的,我…我知道
Yes, I — I know.
– 到底如何筹钱?- 很简单,通过考比
– Well, how do we raise the money? – Simple. Cobby.
– 考比- 相信我
– Cobby. – Believe me.
他轻而易举就能搞到钱
He can dig it up without half-trying.
是的
Yes.
但如何跟他解释?我为什么需要钱?
But what do we tell him? Why do I need money?
交给我吧,考比总想成为大人物
Leave it to me. Cobby wants to feel big.
这就是他的机会
Here’s his chance.
为伟大的阿隆佐·埃默瑞克筹集预付款
Advancing money for the great Alonzo P. Emmerich.
他会乐于这么做的
Ah, he’ll do it.
他会为此出汗,但是他会做的
He’ll sweat, but he’ll do it.
你开过什么保险箱?
What boxes have you opened?
防加农炮的,双门的,还有几种防火的,什么都有
Cannonball. Double door. Even a few fire chests. All of them.
你能打开那种带定时锁的金库吗?
Can you open a vault with a time lock and a relocking device?
– 当然能- 你从哪里打开,锁还是缝?
– Sure. – What do you use, lock or seam?
– 缝- 曾经打开过吗?
– Seam. – Ever taken one?
– 记得沙浮特失窃案吗?- 是的,我坐牢时听说过
– Remember the Shafter job? – Yes, I heard about it behind the walls.
那一票干得很棒
It was a good score.
– 谁给你提供液体炸♥药♥?- 我自己配制
– Who supplies your soup? – I thrash it myself.
– 你的撬锁水平如何?- 我能在四分钟内撬开任何锁
– How are you as a picklock? – I can open anything in four minutes.
– 他没问题- 欢迎加入
– He’ll do. – You’re in.
别急,我分账多少?
Not so fast. What’s the cut?
不按比例分账,你会获得担♥保♥酬金
No cut. You get a flat guarantee.
– 我想要三万块钱- 三万块钱?路易…
– I want 30,000. – Thirty thousand? Now, Louis —
我们最多能出两万五千块钱
Twenty-five is what we figured.
– 好吧,首款一万五千块钱- 首款一万块钱
– All right, 15 down. – Ten down.
我认为一万五千块钱没问题
Fifteen is satisfactory, I think.
找他领钱吧
There’s your paymaster.
你为什么流汗?
What are you sweating for?
钱让我流汗,我一直就这样
Money makes me sweat, that’s all. It’s the way I am.
– 博士,干这一票的都有谁?- 还没找到人手
– Who are the others on this job, Doc? – Haven’t got them yet.
就我而言,车手的唯一人选是戈斯·米尼西
There’s only one driver, as far as I’m concerned — Gus Minissi.
– 问考比,他认识戈斯- 戈斯?十分靠谱
– Ask Cobby. He knows him. – Gus? Hundred percent.
– 那就叫上他- 他能承担重压,绝不泄密
– Get hold of him. – He’ll take the heat and won’t flap his lip.
– 那就叫上他- 好的,博士
– Get hold of him. – Sure, Doc.
认识可靠的恶棍吗?
Any ideas about a hooligan?
我认识一个非常棒的大块头,我很久没见他了
I know a very good heavy. I haven’t seen him in some time.
– 瑞德·特雷纳- 他还在养伤
– Red Traynor. – He’s taking the cure.
– 把他排除- 提曼斯怎么样?
– Rule him out. – What about Timmons?
– 那是谁?- 我的门卫
– Who’s that? – My doorman.
那个落魄的摔跤手?你在开玩笑吧?
That busted-down wrestler? Are you kidding?
他是一个四肢发达、头脑简单的家伙
He’s got nothing upstairs but solid knuckle.
我是外地人,不像你们一样了解本地
I’m a stranger and do not know as much as you gentlemen.
那个叫迪克斯的南方人怎么样?
But what about this Southerner, this Dix?
他给我的印象是一个非常坚毅的男人,而且也不愚蠢
He impressed me as a very determined man and far from stupid.
实话说,我不喜欢那家伙,但我从未喜欢过任何恶棍
Frankly, I don’t like the guy, but I never saw a hooligan I did like.
他们就像左撇子投球手,身上总有某种缺陷
They’re like left-handed pitchers. They all have a screw loose somewhere.
我猜迪克斯跟别的人一样好
I suppose he’s as good as anybody though.
戈斯觉得迪克斯很棒,而戈斯通常是对的
Gus thinks he’s tops, and Gus is usually right.
我喜欢这个人,我们叫上他吧
I like him. I say we take him.
我随便,你是老板
Suits me. You’re the boss.
我最好回家,我太太还在担心孩子呢
Well, I better be getting home now. Mrs. Ciavelli’s worried about the kid.
– 孩子怎么了?- 他又着凉了
– What’s the trouble? – Oh, he’s got a cold again.
我太太早晨带孩子出门,当时天冷
She takes him out first thing in the morning. It’s cold then.
她声称婴儿应该呼吸新鲜空气
She claims a baby’s gotta taste fresh air.
就像我总跟她讲的:
Like I’m always telling her,
「如果妳想呼吸新鲜空气,别指望这座城市!」
“If you want fresh air, don’t look for it in this town!”
看看照片
Here.
这时他九个月大
He’s nine months old there.
我得说,我嫉妒你这样的居家男人
I must say, I envy you being a family man.
是啊
Yeah.
幸福的烦恼,对吧?
Well, always problems, huh?
迪克斯·汉德利有一个好处,给他点钱他就满足了
One good thing about Dix Handley — you can get him for nickels and dimes.
考比,我问你件事
Tell me something, Cobby.
刚才用的是你的钱,对吗?不是埃默瑞克先生的
It’s your money, isn’t it? Not Mr. Emmerich’s.
– 有什么区别吗?- 没有
– What difference does it make? – None, really.
事情是这样,埃默瑞克先生不想让这笔交易出现在他的账面上
It’s this way. Mr. Emmerich doesn’t want this transaction appearing in his books.
我没有冒风险,他这么做也是怕出岔子
I’m not risking anything. He’s good for it in case of a runout.
那你一点也不担心吗?
Then you haven’t got a worry?
不担心
No.
– 妳要去哪里?- 我找到住处了
– Where are you going? – I found a place.
我有个闺蜜要离开本市,她让我住她的公♥寓♥
Girlfriend of mine’s leaving town, and she’s letting me have her apartment.
房♥租付到了月初
The rent’s paid up till the first of the month.
妳什么时候联♥系♥她的?
When did all this happen?
今早,你还没睡醒,我在街上碰见了她
This morning, before you woke up. I bumped into her on the street.
记得那个高挑黑发女人吗?她经常在乐团里跳新潮舞蹈
Remember that tall brunette, used to do the novelty dances at the Bandwagon?
布兰奇·拉露,她人真不错
Blanche La Rue. It sure was nice of her.
我不能总住在你这里,对吧?
I can’t go living off you forever, can I?
– 我很高兴能帮助妳- 嗯
– I was glad to help out. – Yeah.
也许有机会我也能帮助你
Well, maybe I can do something for you sometime.
妳不欠我什么,算了
You don’t owe me a thing. Forget it.
那么…
Well…
再见
good-bye.
– 妳还有钱吗?- 我有几块钱,足够了
– How are you fixed for dough? – A couple of bucks. Enough.
– 给,拿上这些钱…- 不用,谢谢了,迪克斯
– Here, take this and — – No. No, thanks, Dix.
我一直在打搅你
I’m all through bothering you.
我们吻别一下,如何?
Give us a kiss, huh?
朵儿
Doll.
迪克斯,什么事?
Yes, Dix?
也许我想要跟妳保持联♥系♥
Maybe I’ll wanna get in touch with you.
噢,当然了,我的新地址
Oh. Oh, sure, my new address.
我住在默顿街42号♥
I’ll be at 42 Merton Street.
默顿街42号♥
42 Merton.
– 喂?- 是迪克斯吗?
– Hello. – Hello, Dix?
– 是我- 我是考比
– Yeah. – Dix, this is Cobby.
– 你好,考比- 我找戈斯要到你的电♥话♥号♥码
– Oh. How are ya, Cobby? – I got your number from Gus.
– 嗯- 迪克斯,听着
– Yeah. – Look, Dix.
你想做一笔大买♥♥卖♥♥吗?我是指真正的大买♥♥卖♥♥
Do you want to get into something big? I mean, real big.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!