警方正在搜查街道上的每家店铺和车辆
The cops are knocking over joints along the boulevard, meat wagons and all.
听着,我给一个人打过电♥话♥,他叫艾迪·德纳托
Now, look. I already called a guy, Eddie Donato.
德纳托在河边有一家食品杂货店,在前街116号♥
Donato’s got a grocery down by the river. 116 Front Street.
– 你记住了吗?- 是的,戈斯,谢谢,路易怎么样?
– You got that? Okay. – Yeah. Thanks, Gus. How’s Louis?
路易不太好,他肚子里有一颗子弹,医生正在尽全力
Louis is not so good. He got a slug in his belly. Doc’s doing all he can.
现在他们来了,那些警♥察♥小子
Yeah, here they are now, the happiness boys.
喂,你好吗?看来我要加班了
Hello. How are you? Looks like I’m in for a working-over.
听着,去艾迪的店铺要走旧车♥库♥那条路
Look, go down to Eddie’s by way of the old car barn.
晚上那里没人,只要你通过那里就会没事
It’s deserted at night. Once you get beyond that, you’re okay.
警♥察♥从不到艾迪店铺的附近去
The cops never bother Eddie’s neighborhood.
再见,迪克斯,赶紧闪人吧
So long, Dix. Blow now, huh?
来了,来了,来了
All right, all right, all right.
(艾迪·德纳托食品杂货店)
什么?请大声点
What? Uh, please, talk a little louder.
我是艾迪·德纳托
This is Eddie Donato.
噢,当然,我叫博士来接
Oh, sure, sure. I’ll get-a Doc for you.
[ 意大利语 ] 博士,是你的人
Hey, dottore, I got your man.
喂?
Hello?
是的
Yes.
可以,很好
Fine, fine. Good.
那也足够满意
That’ll be satisfactory.
– 考比?- 是的
– Cobby? – Yes.
埃默瑞克搞定了,保险公♥司♥说可以买♥♥回珠宝
Emmerich came through. The insurance people say okay.
当然,必须等到星期一早上银行开门
Of course, we’ll have to wait till the banks open Monday morning,
只有二十五万美元,但也不错
but it’s 250,000, which is not bad.
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
朗,作为律师,你也许非常精明
As a lawyer, you may be very brilliant, Lon,
– 但作为赌牌玩家,你还要学习很多事- 是啊
– but as a casino player, you have a lot to learn. – Yeah.
– 妳不介意我抽烟吧?- 当然不介意,朗
– You don’t mind if I smoke, do you? – Of course not, Lon.
– 出牌- 朗
– Oh, here. – Lon.
你怎么能这样玩?这手牌你一分也得不到
How could you make a play like that? You won’t make a single point this hand.
进来
Come in.
先生,有两位男士要见你,他们是从警♥察♥部门来的
Two gentlemen to see you, sir. They are from the police department.
朗,他们来干什么?
What on earth could they want, Lon?
我猜可能和某个辩护案件有关吧
Oh, something to do with a case, I suppose.
– 失陪一下- 真扫兴,我们玩得正开心呢
– Excuse me? – Oh, bother. We were having so much fun.
– 快点回来- 当然
– Hurry back. – Sure.
– 什么事?- 埃默瑞克先生,很抱歉打扰你
– Yes? – Sorry to disturb you, Mr. Emmerich.
我是安德鲁,这位是詹诺切克警官
I’m Andrews. This is Officer Janocek.
– 幸会- 你好
– How do you do? – How are you?
呃,我能为你们做什么?
Well, uh, what can I do for you?
你认识一个叫鲍勃·布兰姆的人吗?
Do you know a man named Robert Brannom?
布兰姆,当然认识
Brannom. Yes, of course.
怎么了?发生大事了吗?
What is it? Something the matter?
是的,埃默瑞克先生
There sure is, Mr. Emmerich.
今早在河里发现他的尸体
His body was pulled out of the river this morning.
– 老天呐- 但不是淹死的
– Great heavens. – But it was no drowning.
他胸前有个洞,他是被枪杀的
He had a hole through his pump. He’d been shot.
呃,你们能进去谈吗?
Will you, uh, step in here for a minute?
我得说,这真是…
Well, I must say, this is, uh —
这真令人吃惊,鲍勃·布兰姆?
It’s quite a shock. Bob Brannom, eh?
你说他是被谋杀的?老天呐
Murdered, you say? Great heavens.
我们在他的衣兜里发现一张名单,是用你的商业信笺写的
We found a list of names in his pocket written on your business stationery.
– 这些人是谁?你认识吗?- 这是我的欠债者名单
– Who are these people, do you know? – Oh, that’s a list of my debtors.
布兰姆为我工作,他正在收回那些旧债
Brannom was working for me. He was trying to collect some old debts.
我得说,没取得太大成功
Without much success, I must say.
他跟这名单上的什么人有过节吗?
Was he giving the treatment to anybody on this list?
「过节」?当然没有
“Giving the treatment”? Certainly not.
你觉得他为你工作这件事与他的死没有任何关联吗?
You don’t think there’s any connection between this work for you and his death?
– 完全没关联- 你最后一次见他是什么时候?
– None whatever. – When did you see him last?
上周三夜晚,就在这房♥间里
Well now, last Wednesday evening in this room.
– 我们一起看了遍那份名单- 嗯哼
– Yes. We went over that list together. – Mm-hmm.
验尸官说,他是今天凌晨一点或两点钟被打死的
The coroner says he was plugged about 1:00 or 2:00 this morning.
比贝拉提尔珠宝店失窃案稍晚一些
Not much after the Belletier job was pulled.
我们认为这之间可能有关联
We figure there might be a connection.
我们知道其中一个盗贼受了枪伤
One of the heist guys was shot. We know that.
珠宝店的地板上有血迹,也许就是布兰姆的
There was blood on the floor. Maybe it was Brannom’s.
他可能死在逃跑的车中,然后同伙把他扔进了河里
He could’ve died in the getaway car and the others dropped him in the river.
噢,不,不
Oh, no, no, no.
鲍勃·布兰姆虽是粗野之人,但他不是罪犯
Bob Brannom’s a good deal of a roughneck, but he’s no criminal,
据我判断,贝拉提尔珠宝店失窃案是职业大盗所为
and if I’m any judge, Belletier’s was the work of big-time professionals.
不,先生们,鲍勃·布兰姆卷进了入室盗窃案
Oh, no, no, gentlemen. Bob Brannom mixed up in any burglary.
这是难以想象的事
Why, that’s inconceivable.
我明白了
I see.
埃默瑞克先生,还有一件事,当然只是为了留作记录
Oh, uh, one more thing, Mr. Emmerich. Just for the record, of course.
可以告诉我们昨晚你在哪里吗?
Could you give us an account of your whereabouts last night?
可以
Yes, I could.
为什么?有这个必要吗?
Why? Is it necessary?
恐怕有必要,埃默瑞克先生
I’m afraid so, Mr. Emmerich.
小伙子们,我这把年纪的人很讨厌坦白这种事
Well, boys, a man of my years hates to make an admission like this,
有一位芬利小姐住在我河边的小别♥墅♥里
but a Miss Phinlay is living in my cottage on the river.
昨晚我去拜访她了,大概是十一点半
And last night, I went to visit her at about, uh, 11:30, I think it was.
待到很晚
Stayed rather late.
当然,她会证实这一点
Oh, she’ll verify this, of course.
但小伙子们…稍微谨慎点,好吗?
Oh, but, boys — use a little discretion, eh?
当然,除非这有某种用途
Unless, of course, it serves some useful purpose.
我理解,埃默瑞克先生,非常感谢你的帮助
I understand, Mr. Emmerich, and thank you very much for your help.
没什么,谢谢你们
Not at all. Thank you.
另外,如果我还能帮上什么忙,你们随时找我
And say, if I can be any further help, you just call on me.
– 祝今天愉快- 祝今天愉快
– Good day. – Good day.
– 喂,是安吉拉吗?- 是的
– Hello, Angela? – Yes.
– 我是朗- 朗大叔,你为什么不给我打电♥话♥?
– This is Lon. – Uncle Lon, why haven’t you called?
宝贝,听着,警方可能会拜访妳
Listen, baby, you may have a visit from the police.
– 是因为你妻子吗?- 不是
– Is it your wife? – No, no.
不是那样的
No, it’s nothing like that.
他们很可能会问妳一些关于昨晚的事
They’ll probably ask you some questions about last night.
宝贝,现在听着
Now, listen, baby.
我要妳告诉他们昨晚我和妳在一起
I want you to tell them that I was there with you
从晚上十一点半直到凌晨三点
from, uh, 11:30 until 3:00 in the morning.
– 几乎一整夜- 是的,几乎一整夜
– That’s most of the night. – Most of the night. That’s right.
– 妳听明白了吗?- 当然,我明白
– Now, is that clear? – Sure, it’s clear.
不,宝贝,这只是有关政♥治♥
Yes. Oh, no, no. Just politics, baby.
– 千年不变的肮脏政♥治♥游戏- 好吧,到时给我打电♥话♥
– Good old dirty politics. – All right. Call me right away.
好的,我稍后给妳打电♥话♥
Yes. Yes, I’ll call you later.
– 别忘了- 是
– Don’t forget. – Yes.
我们继续玩吗?
Can we go on playing?
当然,为什么不呢?
Certainly. Why not?
朗,你的脸色像鬼一样苍白
Why, Lon, you’re as pale as a ghost.
怎么回事?
What’s the matter?
我…
Oh, I —
我刚听到一个坏消息
Well, I just had some bad news.
一个为我工作的人死去了
A man who works for me got killed.
朗,太可怕了,是意外吗?
Oh, Lon, how awful. Was it an accident?
不是
No.
不,那是…
No, it was, uh,
蓄意谋杀
an intentional killing.
– 他们知道凶手是谁吗?- 不知道
– Do they know who did it? – No.
朗,我一想到你和那些可怕的人打交道…
Oh, Lon, when I think of all those awful people you come in contact with —
那些十足的罪犯…我感到害怕
downright criminals — I get scared.
噢,他们其实没什么不同
Oh, there’s nothing’s so different about them.
毕竟,犯罪只是…
After all, crime is only…
人类行为的一种偏差而已
a left-handed form of human endeavor.
– 迪克斯,你去过墨西哥城吗?- 没有
– Ever been in Mexico City, Dix? – Nope.
它海拔八千英尺高,空气非常纯净
It’s 8,000 feet up. The air is very pure.
有许多一流俱乐部和饭店,还有一处赛马场
Many first-class clubs and restaurants, a horse track
以及姑娘们
and girls.
年轻美貌的姑娘们
Beautiful young girls.
如果有人为你付账,你愿意去那里吗?
How would you like to go there, all expenses paid?
抱歉,博士,不感兴趣,我要回老家
Sorry, Doc, not interested. I’m headin’ home.
迪克斯,你总是能回老家的
Listen, Dix. You can always go home.
可等你真回去了,又觉得毫无意义

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!