– 你等着瞧!- 松手!
– You wait and see! – Break loose!
你等着瞧,肮脏的告密者!
You wait and see, you dirty fink!
你会和你的哥们儿埃默瑞克落得同样下场!
You’re gonna wind up where your pal Emmerich is!
你会躺进停尸房♥!你等着瞧,肮脏的告密者!
You’re gonna wind up in the morgue! You wait and see, you dirty fink!
– 关他进去!- 告密者!该死的告密者!
– Haul him in! – Fink! Fink! Fink!
去守住防火通道
Fire escape.
我们找路易·查维利
We’re looking for Louis Ciavelli.
[ 玛利亚说意大利语祈祷 ]
[ Maria praying in Italian ]
如果你们不坚持进来的话,我会很感激
I’d consider it a great favor if you didn’t insist on going in.
查维利夫人正在…我不说你们也看得出来
Mrs. Ciavelli is… Well, I don’t have to tell you.
威廉,如果神父说可以,那就可以
If the father says it’s okay, Williams, it’s okay.
– 给局长办公室打电♥话♥- 是,长官
– Call the commissioner’s office. – Yes, sir.
局长认识我,提我的名字,索提诺
The commissioner knows me. Mention my name. Sortino.
谢谢你,神父
Thank you, Father.
(埃默瑞克律师开枪自杀)
「埃默瑞克毕业于州立法律大学」
“Emmerich was a graduate of the law college of State University
「并在这里工作超过二十五年」
and had practiced here for over 25 years.”
多么愚蠢,难以置信
What foolishness. Unbelievable.
– 他最多被判刑两年- 他甚至背叛了他自己
– He wouldn’t have gotten more than two years. – He even double-crossed himself.
– 博士,你的头怎么样?- 完好如初,没什么事
– How’s your head, Doc? – Good as it ever was, which isn’t saying much.
到处都在传播你的照片,出城对你来说并不容易
Getting out of town won’t be a cinch for you with your picture spread around.
我会出去的,没问题
Oh, I’ll get out, all right.
我会打辆出租车到城市郊区
I’ll take a taxi to the edge of town
然后让司机载我去克利夫兰市
and have him drive me as far as Cleveland.
迪克斯,你确定不跟我一起走吗?
Sure you wouldn’t come along with me, Dix?
留着吧
Keep it.
不用了,谢谢
No, thank you.
如果你不来,你能资助我吗?
If you won’t come, will you finance me?
我手里只有四、五美元了
I haven’t got but four or five dollars.
我当然可以资助你,你需要多少?
Sure, I’ll finance you. How much you need?
我有一千美元就够了,非常感谢
I can get along on a thousand dollars, thanks very much.
剩下的宝石留给你,价值五万美元呢
And you can have the rest of these stones. That’s $50,000 worth.
我拿着宝石有什么用?难道我会走进当铺卖♥♥掉它们吗?
What would I do? Can you see me walking into a hock shop with that stuff?
首先他们会认为这是膺品,然后他们就会呼叫防暴警队
First they’d think they were phony, and then they’d yell for the riot squad.
不,博士,我可以给你一千块钱,但不用给我宝石
No, Doc, you can have the thousand, but no rocks for me.
好吧,谢谢你,迪克斯
Well, thank you, Dix.
告诉我写信到哪里,至少我可以把五千块钱尾款寄给你
Tell me where to write you. At least I can send you the five grand you got coming.
– 你在肯塔基州的地址是什么?- 算了
– What will your address be in Kentucky? – Forget it.
也许我还会见到你
Maybe I’ll see you around.
好吧…
Well…
– 那么再见了- 再见,博士
– Good-bye then. – Good-bye, Doc.
等等,你还没有武器
Hey, wait a minute. You haven’t got a heater.
你可以拿我的,但是…朵儿,妳有枪吗?
I’d let you have mine, but… You got a gun, Doll?
没有,迪克斯,我以前有一支,但我猜有人把它偷走了
No, Dix. I used to have one around, but I guess somebody stole it.
我不想要枪,自从二十岁起我就不带枪了
I don’t want a gun. Thank you. I haven’t carried a gun since my 20s.
你带着枪,你就会射杀♥警♥♥察♥,这是坏习惯,很难改变
You carry a gun, you shoot a policeman. Bad rap, hard to beat.
你不带枪,警♥察♥拿枪指着你时,你干脆投降
You don’t carry a gun, you give up when they hold one on you.
好吧,博士,你最了解
All right, Doc. You know best.
亲爱的,来杯咖啡如何?
How about a cup of coffee, honey?
这个德国小老头真有趣,我完全搞不懂他
That squarehead. He’s a funny little guy. I don’t get him at all.
也许因为他是外国人,思维方式和我们不一样
Maybe it’s because he’s a foreigner. They just don’t think like us.
我也必须在天亮之前离开城市
I gotta get out of town too and before morning.
总之,他有足够的胆量
Anyway, he’s got plenty of guts.
– 亲爱的,来杯咖啡如何?- 要么快弄,要么闭嘴
– How about a cup of coffee, honey? – Make it or shut up about it.
– 伤口裂开了- 聪明姑娘
– It’s that wound. – Bright girl.
迪克斯,伤口又开始流血了,我有止疼药
Dix, it’s starting to bleed again. I know, aspirin.
皮克林大道和中♥央♥大街
Pickering Avenue and Center Street.
– 你知道在哪里吗?- 城市的另一头
– You know where that is? – Other side of town.
– 有多远?- 我能在一小时内赶过去
– How far is that? – I can make it in an hour.
很好,我有亲戚住在那里
Okay. I got relatives living there.
我要换乘火车,没事可做
I’m between trains and I got nothing else to do.
我了解,我在城市两头都有亲戚
I know how it is. I got relatives myself,
(弗兰克·舒尔茨 [ 德国姓氏 ] )
总写信找我要钱
on both sides. Always writing me letters for money.
[ 双方说德语 ]
[ Speaking German ]
我很久没讲德语了
I haven’t spoken German for a long, long time.
– 你有慕尼黑口音- [ 德语 ] 当然,我出生于慕尼黑
– You have a München accent. – Natürlich. I was born there.
但你知道人们怎么说的:「有钱的地方就是家」
But you know what they say. “Home is where the money is.”
[ 德语 ] 对
Ja.
弗朗茨,你愿意载我去克利夫兰市吗?
Franz, how would you like to drive me to Cleveland?
那是很远的路,朋友
It’s a long way, my friend.
但还是比明早坐火车要快吧
But it would be quicker than to take the train tomorrow morning.
– 那你亲戚怎么办?- 忘掉他们吧
– What about your relatives? – Ah, forget them.
我不知道,克利夫兰市非常远
Well, I don’t know. Cleveland. That’s a long way.
– 要花很多钱- 先给你五十美元小费,你说如何?
– Costs a lot of money. – There’s a $50 tip for you. What do you say?
为了五十美元,我愿意载你去北极
For $50, I’d drive you to the North Pole.
如果我们要去克利夫兰市,最好加满油
Well, we better get gas if we’re going to Cleveland.
我们出城后再停车,然后我们就能一次性把事情做完
Let’s not stop till we get out of town. Then we can do everything at once.
吃晚餐,喝啤酒,抽雪茄,舒服地休息一下
Have a little meal, beer, a cigar and go in comfort.
看来你是一个很懂得享乐的人
I can see you’re a man who likes his pleasures.
弗朗茨,我问你,生命中除了享乐还能干嘛?
Well, Franz, what else is there in life, I ask you?
[ 德语 ] 请
Bitte.
妳已经出去了两小时,发生了什么?
You’ve been gone nearly two hours. What happened?
很花时间,我被巡逻警车拦住两次
It took time. I was stopped twice. Prowl cars.
附近都是臭警♥察♥,你无法想象…
The neighborhood’s crawling with coppers. You can’t imagine —
– 妳弄到车了吗?- 是的
– All right. Did you get a car? – Yes.
这是零钱,只花了四百美元,我从大维维安那里买♥♥的
Here’s the change. It only came to $400. I got it from Big Vivian.
车况还很好,除了刹车片需要更换…
It’s in good shape, except the brakes need relining —
– 妳加油了吗?- 加了
– Did you put gas in it? – Yes.
– 停在哪里?- 三个街区外
– Where’d you park it? – Three blocks away.
– 做得好- 迪克斯
– Good girl. – Dix.
– 什么事?- 我很害怕
– Yeah? – I’m-I’m scared.
– 外面都是警♥察♥- 我一点也不担心他们
– All those cops out there. – They don’t worry me one little bit.
我会慢慢驾驶,沿着主大道一直开
I’ll drive slow. Head right down the main boulevard,
十小时之后,我就会回到老家
and in 10 hours, I’ll be home.
– 亲爱的,你如何驾驶那么长的路?- 我可以做到
– Dix, honey, how you gonna drive all that way? – I’ll make it.
不行,你现在的状态根本不行
No. Not in the shape you’re in. Not in a million years.
– 我可以做到- 迪克斯
– I’ll make it. – Dix.
让我跟你一起走吧?
Let me go with you?
– 迪克斯,求你了- 妳疯了吗?
– Please, Dix. Please. – Are you crazy?
我在逃亡,我正被重金悬赏
I’m on the lam. I’m wanted bad, packing heat.
– 妳跟着能做什么?- 我可以开车
– What good would you be? – I could drive.
不行,朵儿,我犯的是谋杀案,妳知道那是什么意思
No, Doll. I’m wanted on a killing rap. You know what that means.
我不在乎,我只想和你在一起
I don’t care. I want to be with you.
你不能丢下我走,我不让你走
You can’t go without me. I won’t let you.
我不告诉你车在哪里
I won’t tell you where the car is.
我不明白
I don’t get it.
我真不明白
I just don’t get it.
好吧,收拾妳的东西
All right. Get your things packed.
我们再多点播几张唱片
Come on. Let’s play some more.
珍妮,我没有硬币了,瑞德,你呢?
I’m fresh out of nickels, Jeannie. How about you, Red?
– 我一直没有- 去弄些来
– I’m always fresh out. – Well, get some.
妳挺能花男生钱的
You know, you can cost a guy a lot of dough.
他花个硬币还抱怨,真小气
Nickels he’s complaining about. What a spender.
当然,他想要约会,他总是想要约会
Sure, he wants a date. He always wants a date.
而我们去哪里?去看放过三遍的电影
And where do we go? To a third-run movie.
然后开车兜风,再爆掉两个轮胎
Then we take a ride and blow two tires.
接着我们来到这里,你为我点了什么?可乐
Then we come here, and what do you treat me to? Cokes.
我甚至无法听唱片
I can’t even listen to records.
– 这是给你的- 谢谢
– That’s for you. – Thanks.
– 请你把这些钱换成硬币- 当然
– Would you have change for this in nickels, please? – Sure thing.
你至少应该弄到足够的硬币来为我点播音乐
At least dig down for enough to play me some music.
嗷,珍妮,别说了
Aw, Jeannie, cut it out.
小伙子们,打扰一下
Excuse me, boys.
年轻女士,我也喜欢音乐
Young lady, I like music too.
– 妳可以为我点播一首吗?- 当然,你想听什么?
– Would you play me a tune? – Sure. What do you want me to play?
– 妳随便点- 天啊,你这里有多少硬币?
– You pick ’em. – Gosh, how many have you got here?
– 不是很多,点播妳喜欢的任何音乐- 好的
– Not very many. Play what you like. – Okay.
先生
Mister.
先生,已经很晚了
Mister, it’s getting late.
先生,我们该走了
Mister, we better be moving along.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!