我只是坐牢时有所耳闻
Only what I heard in the walls —
他有钱投资,而通过你可以找到他
that he has money to invest and that the way to get to him is through you.
除非我的情报不正确…
Of course, if my information is not correct…
当然正确,完全正确
Correct. Sure. Sure, it’s correct.
我只是没想到埃默瑞克先生也会和此类交易扯上关联
It’s just that I never thought of Mr. Emmerich in connection with this kind of a deal.
失陪一会儿,我马上回来
Excuse me a minute. I’ll be right back.
喂?
Hello?
谢谢,稍后见
Thanks. See ya later.
你好,迪克斯,你想要什么?
Hello, Dix. What do you want?
– 我想来押注- 噢?
– I wanna make a bet. – Well?
– 你的人说得先经你同意- 你要押注多少?
– Your man says you got to okay it. – What are you in for?
大概两千三百块钱
2,300 and some.
好的,你可以赊账押注两千五百块钱
Okay. Your tab’s good for 2,500.
但那是上限,你要么押个赢家赚钱,要么输光后还我钱
But that’s the limit. Either pick a winner or pay me when you get that far.
不要挖苦我!
Don’t bone me!
– 我没有挖苦…- 我赖账过吗?
– Now, look, I’m not boning — – Did I ever welsh?
– 没人说你赖账- 你刚才挖苦我
– Nobody said you did. – You just boned me.
– 迪克斯…- 我不需要你的人情
– Look, Dix — – I’m not asking you any favors.
我现在就去给你拿两千三百块钱
I’ll go get you your 2,300 right now.
别走,迪克斯,你要喝杯酒吗?来吧
Now, Dix. Now, Dix, listen. Will you have a drink? Come on.
迪克斯,回来喝杯酒吧
Dix, come back here. Have a drink.
岂有此理!
Can you beat that?
– 他的脾气为什么总这样火爆?- 他是谁?
– Where does he come off blowing a fuse? – Who is he?
一个不入流的恶棍,赌马赌疯了
A small-time hooligan who’s crazy for horses.
他一直来我这里押注赌马,却总是输
My book beats him and beats him, he keeps coming back for more.
瞧,博士
Say, Doc.
我都忘记那笔大买♥♥卖♥♥了
I forgot on account of that big tramp.
我在电♥话♥里跟埃默瑞克先生说了,他今晚稍后会见我们
I spoke to Mr. Emmerich on the phone. He’s gonna meet us later on tonight.
他正在他市区的房♥子里为富翁们举办晚宴
He’s giving a dinner party at his house in town for a bunch of swells,
但他稍后会在他另一处房♥子见我们
but he’ll be at another address later on.
像埃默瑞克这种人总是有不止一处房♥子用来歇脚
A man like Emmerich has got more than one place to hang his hat.
聪明的猫咪,从不干活,晚上出门,白天睡觉
Smart cat. Never does a lick of work, stays out all night, sleeps all day.
把又肥又脏的猫带进餐馆来干嘛?
What’s a big, dirty cat doing at an eating joint?
我每次开车碰到猫都会碾压过去
I run over one every time I get a chance.
有人喂猫,而有些孩子却吃不饱饭
People feeding cats, and some kids haven’t got enough to eat.
你到底买♥♥不买♥♥那本杂♥志♥?
You gonna buy that magazine?
为什么要买♥♥?我只看美女插图,已经看完了
Why should I? I seen all the dames in it already.
你对此想怎样?
Wanna make something of it?
浑球,你是不是有点过分?
You’re a little off your beat, ain’t you, buster?
矮驼子,你什么意思?
How do you mean, Humpty Dumpty?
我的意思是你不属于这里,你只是路过的
I mean, you don’t belong around here. You’re just passing through.
赶紧滚吧
Only not fast enough.
如果我真看到你碾压猫咪,我会把你打得满地找牙
If I ever see you running over a cat, I’ll kick your teeth out.
如果你再长高点,也不驼背,我早就把你撕碎了
I’d take you apart if you were about a foot taller and straightened up a little.
我猜你是想拿回你的武器
Suppose you want your heater back.
我不会给你的,你打算把我怎样?
Well, you ain’t gonna get it. What do you think of that?
– 戈斯,别开玩笑- 我认真的
– Quit kidding, Gus. – I mean it.
发火呀,把我打倒去拿枪
Go on, get sore. Smack me down.
你知道我不会那么做的
You know I wouldn’t do that.
迪克斯,听我的建议,先休息一段时间
Look, Dix, take my advice and knock off for a while.
那些警♥察♥小子在疯狂抓人,总部把他们逼得很紧
The happiness boys are on a rampage. Headquarters has given them the push.
– 我负担不起休息- 别担心,我会借钱给你
– I can’t afford to knock off. – Oh, stop worrying. I’ll stake you.
– 是吗?可我需要两千三百块钱- 什么?
– Yeah? I need 2,300. – What?
– 我有事要急用- 找过考比吗?
– Something I just gotta take care of. – Cobby, maybe?
让考比为此出汗吧,这对他有好处,他能拿出一些钱
Well, let him sweat. It’ll do him good. Cobby can spare a few pounds.
你不能给他那种人欠钱
You can’t owe money to a guy like him,
那个满嘴铜臭味的小人只会挖苦你
a little loudmouth who bones you when he isn’t even trying to.
迪克斯,我没听懂
I don’t get you, Dix.
我不想再给考比欠债,我想留点自尊
I just can’t be in Cobby’s debt and keep my self-respect.

Oh.
好吧
All right.
我手头上有一千块钱,你可以借去用
I got a grand put away. You can have that.
我再想办法弄另外一千三百块钱
Maybe I can dig up 1,300 more.
– 我猜你欠我的钱就没问题,是吧?- 我猜是的
– I guess it’s all right to owe me, huh? – I guess.
那我可真荣幸
Yeah. It’s just my luck.
我尽量明天弄到钱
Well, I’ll get it tomorrow or bust a gut.
与此同时,你别在街道上转悠,尤其是晚上
In the meantime, stay away from the boulevard, especially at night.
另外,警♥察♥抄封了那家高档会所,雷格尔俱乐部
By the way, they knocked over that clip joint, the Club Regal.
– 朵儿不是在那里工作吗?- 是的
– Wasn’t that where Doll worked? – Yeah.
– 好像来了大批警♥察♥- 是的
– It’s coming in bunches, it looks like. – Yeah.
迪克斯,回家老实待着
Go home, Dix. Stay home.
好吧
Yeah.
别垂头丧气的,记住,你仍有老戈斯当后盾
Don’t get your flag at half-mast. Remember, you still got old Gus.
一千三百块钱?你疯了吧
Thirteen hundred? You must be crazy.
为了迪克斯?我♥干♥嘛关心那个恶棍?
For Dix? What do I care for that hooligan?
戈斯,我也想帮你
I’d like to help you out, Gus,
但我要养家糊口,还得交房♥租之类的
but I got mouths to feed and rent to pay and all that stuff.
你这肥大的意大利佬…道友,你怎么不机灵点?
You great big, fat Italian — Why don’t you wise up, you wise guy?
– 你是个人♥渣♥- 安静!
– You’re a low-down scum. – Shh!
你这人♥渣♥竟敢这么跟我说话
A low-down, dirty scum to talk to me like that.
戈斯,听着
Look, Gus.
我猜我可以帮忙
I guess I can make it, all right.
– 谁啊?- 迪克斯,是我,朵儿
– Yeah? – Dix, it’s me, Doll.
朵儿?
Doll?
嗨,亲爱的
Hi, honey.
进来吧
Come on in.
– 关上门- 当然,迪克斯
– Close the door. – Well, sure, Dix. Sure.
亲爱的,我很抱歉打搅你,但是…
I’m awful sorry to bother you, honey, but…
朵儿,如果妳想抽烟,记得带火柴
Doll, if you’re gonna smoke, you gotta learn to carry matches.
朵儿,妳哭什么?
Doll, what are you crying about?
没什么,迪克斯,没什么
N-Nothin’, Dix. Nothing.
对不起
I’m sorry.
迪克斯,对不起
I’m sorry, Dix.
这么晚还来打搅你,我也不知道我在想什么
I don’t know what I was thinking about, bothering you at this time of the night.
我这就走
I’ll just run along.
戈斯跟我说雷格尔俱乐部被抄封了
Gus told me the Club Regal got knocked over.
是的,雷格尔竟然被抄封,你能想象吗?
Yeah. Can you imagine, raiding the Regal?
那些警♥察♥一定是疯了
The cops must have all gone crazy.
即便是高档会所又怎样?
So it’s a clip joint. So what?
而且警♥察♥正好在发薪日来抄封
And it would have to happen on pay night.
– 想喝杯酒吗?- 我不介意来一杯
– How about a drink? – Hey, I don’t care if I do.
我的一个假睫毛掉了
One of my eyelashes is coming off.
妳被房♥东赶出门了吗?
Were you, uh, locked out of your room?
你怎么猜到的?
How’d you guess?
呃…为倒霉日干杯
Well… here’s how.
迪克斯,如果不太麻烦的话,我能在你这里待几天吗?
Uh, Dix, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, could I stay here a couple of days?
就一、两天
Just a day or two.
好吧,朵儿,妳可以待在这里,但妳不要有别的想法
All right. Stay if you want to. But don’t you go getting any ideas, Doll.
一切都已计划周密,从轮流值班看守
Everything is here, from the observed routine of the personnel
到警报系统,门锁的型号♥
to the alarm system, the type of locks on doors,
还有主保险柜的使用年数及其它信息
the age and condition of the main safe and so forth and so forth.
埃默瑞克先生,相信我,现在是「万事俱备,只欠东风」
Take my word for it, Mr. Emmerich. This is a ripe plum ready to fall.
朋友,所有江湖人士都说是「小事一桩」
My friend, according to the boys, all takes are easy.
但作为律师,我却以帮助他们洗脱罪名赚大钱
But as a lawyer, I’ve made a lot of money getting them out of jail.
埃默瑞克先生,也许你知道我的名声
Please, Mr. Emmerich. Perhaps you know my reputation.
我策划过不少大买♥♥卖♥♥
I’ve engineered some very big things.
埃默瑞克先生,确实如此,博士是顶尖高手
That’s a fact, Mr. Emmerich. Doc here is tops.
据我所知,你本来是为了上次行动而搜集的这些信息?
Am I to understand you gathered this information before doing your last stretch?
没错,我原本已经准备动手
That is correct. I was ready to begin operations,
然后因为一宗我几乎忘记的陈年盗窃案,臭警♥察♥把我抓了
and the coppers grabbed me for an old caper I’d almost forgotten about.
阿德菲亚金融公♥司♥盗窃案
The Adelphia Finance caper.
博士从中赚了十六万美元,对吗?
You took ’em for 160,000, didn’t you, Doc?
十五万八千美元
A hundred and fifty-eight.
你真觉得这笔买♥♥卖♥♥可以按百万美元计算吗?
And you really believe there’s a million in this thing?
也许更多
Maybe even more.
你的意思是干这一票就可以赚五十万美元现金吗?
You mean by that that the take will be worth half a million to us in actual cash?
但你我都知道
Because you know as well as I do
销赃者最多只会给五成价
that in no case will a fence give you more than 50 percent.
没错
That’s right, sir.
– 那你的主要问题是什么?- 有三项难题
– Well, what are your main problems? – There are three.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!