嗨!
Hello!
抱歉我们迟到了
Sorry we’re late.
妈妈 – 噢 噢 谢谢你
Mom. – Oh. Oh, thank you.
爸爸 – 亲爱的
Dad. – Darling.
威利叔叔 – 噢 看看谁来啦
Uncle Willy. – Oh, who have we got here?
别不好意思 – 赫本家的人! 赫本家的人!
Don’t feel self- conscious. – Hepburns! Hepburns!
请注意 这位是霍华德
Attention, please. This is Howard.
霍华德 欢迎
Howard, welcome.
别担心 它吃过午饭了
Don’t worry, he’s had his lunch.
它喜欢你 这不太寻常
He likes you. That’s unusual.
我们都非常热爱艺术
We pay our devotion to the arts here.
这里是这样一个聚居区
A colony we created.
朱利安是个画家 当然是抽象派的
Julian’s a painter. Abstract, of course.
在今天这个能照相的时代…
What’s the point of painting something real…
画那些追求真实的画 有什么用呢 对吗?
when you can just take a picture nowadays?
你的政♥治♥立场是什么 休斯先生?
Where do you stand on politics, Mr. Hughes?
您说什么? – 我们都是社♥会♥主♥义♥者
Excuse me? – We’re all socialists here.
我们不是
We are not.
你见过罗斯福先生了 你对他印象如何?
You’ve met Mr. Roosevelt. What make you of him?
你在偷笑什么?
What are you sniggering at?
什么? 你说什么? – 你刚刚偷笑来着
What? What was that? – You just sniggered.
不 不 是狗 它看起来好象喜欢上我的脚了
No, no. The dog. It seems to be crushing my feet.
噢 天哪! – 巴斯特!
Oh, my God! – Buster!
嘿 嘿!
Hey. Hey!
你不喜欢狗吗?
Don’t you like dogs?
我不会允许你在我的桌子上 嘲笑罗斯福先生的
I will not have you sniggering at Mr. Roosevelt.
请离开 – 不 我没有
Please leave. – No. I wasn’t.
我以为每个人都喜欢狗
I thought everybody liked dogs.
也许他有不愉快的经历
Perhaps he had a bad experience.
霍华德更受媒体的关注会让你不高兴吗?
Does it upset you that Howard gets more press?
狗让他有不愉快的经历? – 不会 不会
A bad experience with a dog? – No, no.
你可真是害羞啊 不是吗?
You are such a shy creature, aren’t you?
也许是一条很大的狗
Perhaps it was a very large dog.
媒体有时候可真是麻烦
The press can be a damned nuisance.
是杜宾犬吗?
Was it a Doberman?
是杜宾犬吗 休斯先生? 还是腊肠犬?
A Doberman, Mr. Hughes? Or a dachshund?
都不是 先生
Neither, sir.
腊肠犬是小狗 亲爱的
Dachshunds are little dogs, Hep dear.
应该把他们排起来枪毙
They should all be lined up and shot.
那幅西班牙画是谁的作品? – 哥雅
What’s that Spanish painting? – The Goya.
哥雅 理所应当 没错
Goya. Of course. Yes.
是啊 墨西哥人 – 叫什么来着?
Yes, Mexican. – What was that called?
不管怎样 都是庸俗的媒体 我确定
Anyway, that’s the vulgar press, I’m sure.
你经常读些东西吗 休斯先生?
Do you read much, Mr. Hughes?
对 我试着能跟上…
I try to stay up to…
行业杂♥志♥的潮流
snuff on the trade journals, yeah.
潮流? – 还有飞行杂♥志♥
Snuff? – These would be flying magazines?
您说什么? – 噢 他有一点点耳聋
What was that? – Oh, he’s a little deaf.
把该死的奶油传过来
Pass the goddamn butter, I beg you.
你读飞行杂♥志♥吗?
You read flying magazines?
行业杂♥志♥ 工程方面的 航♥空♥业
Trade journals. On engineering. Aviation.
我们读书
We read books.
霍华德必须读专业方面的著作 妈妈
Howard has to read the trade pieces, Mom,
因为他正在设计一种新飞机
because he’s designing a new aeroplane.
噢 真的吗? 说来听听
Oh, really? Do tell.
这个嘛…
Well…
实际上相当激动人心
it’s quite exciting, actually.
是给空军的侦察机
It’s a spy plane for the Air Corps.
一架双引擎飞机 具有…
A twin- engine plane with some…
我不得不说 具有某些相当独特的设计
I must admit, some rather unique design features.
后面有两个尾桁…
You see, it has these two booms at the back…
拉迪曾经做过一个鸟舍
Luddie built a birdhouse once.
你记得吗 亲爱的?
You remember that, dear?
记得 那个不足挂齿啦 亲爱的
Yes, well, a mere trifle, darling.
我记得那画!
I remember the painting!
那幅画 名字叫五月十八还是什么的
The painting, it’s called May 18- 0- something.
不管怎样 哥雅被大大高估了
Anyway, Goya’s vastly overrated.
所有的西班牙人都是
All the Spaniards are.
胡说! 毕加索是神圣的 – 我是个泌尿科医生
Nonsense! Picasso is sacred. – I’m a urologist.
相当美 真的
It was quite aesthetic, really.
一个神圣的怪物
A sacred monster.
鸟们根本不在乎它 蝙蝠们倒是很在乎
The birds don’t care for it much, but the bats do.
我敢打赌 – 真是胡言乱语!
I’ll bet. – That’s such bunk!
大声点 亲爱的
Do speak up, dear.
没什么 没什么 赫本太太 没什么
Nothing, nothing, Mrs. Hepburn. Nothing.
那你为什么还要说? 我无法忍♥受…
Why did you speak? I can’t abide people…
那些夸夸其谈却毫无内容的人
who speak but have nothing to say.
你是在机械学校…
Did you go to mechanic school…
学到关于飞机的那些玩艺的吗?
to learn all this airplane guff?
不 不是 拉迪 不是
No, no, I didn’t, Luddie. No.
呃 霍华德刚在三天内环游了世界
Well Howard just flew round the world in three days.
我觉得关于飞机我们讨论的够多了
I think we’ve had enough about airplanes.
还有狗
And dogs.
那么你是怎么挣到这些钱的?
Then how did you make all that money?
我们这里不在乎钱 休斯先生
We don’t care about money here.
那是因为你们有钱
Well, that’s because you have it.
你能再说一遍吗?
Would you repeat that?
你们不在乎钱是因为…
You don’t care about money because…
你们总是很有钱
you’ve always had it.
你是怎么挣到…
How did you make all that…?
抱歉 我正在讲话
Excuse me, I’m speaking.
好的 – 谢谢
Okay. – Thank you.
好吧
All right.
我们当中有些人选择 要工作来挣钱
Some of us choose to work for a living.
说到这里
Speaking of which,
我还有一些飞机方面的玩艺要照看
I have more of that airplane guff to attend to.
请原谅
Excuse me.
呃 看起来象是高度紧张的场面
Well, seems a rather high- strung chap.
你们就会欺负弱者 不是吗?
You’re a fine bunch of bullies, aren’t you?
你和梅尔先生谈过关于…
Have you talked to Mr. Mayer…
让你演简·爱的事情了吗?
about letting you do Jane Eyre?
那老俗人不肯松口
The old philistine won’t budge.
太附庸风雅了 你们不知道吗
Too arty, don’t you know.
我相信那个家伙这辈子…
I’m convinced the man hasn’t read anything…
没有读过比小人书更长的东西
longer than a Katzenjammer Kids in his life.
用脚踢是不公平的 你得用球槌
No fair, kicking. You have to use the mallet.
真的 亲爱的 你不能就这么…
Really, darling, you can’t retire
从战场上撤退了…
from the field of battle like that…
否则他们永远不会尊敬你
or they’ll never respect you.
凯蒂 我不明白
Katie, I don’t understand.
你在那里就好像是一个不同的人
You’re like a different person in there.
他们只是希望我是那个样子
They just expect me to be a certain way.
只有一个真正的凯蒂 就是你的凯蒂
There’s only one real Kate, and that’s your Kate.
在好莱坞方面 航♥空♥大亨霍华德·休斯
Over in Hollywood, aviation tycoon Howard Hughes
正在酝酿大手笔
is cooking up something big.
即使正在剪辑他的新片
Even as he edits his new picture,
他也已经和空军方面进行了秘密会谈
he’s been secretly meeting with the U.S. Air Corps.
我们为他的爱国情节叫好
We applaud his patriotism…
并且期待着他新的奇迹
and look forward to his newest marvel.
你知道因为德国潜艇的攻击
You know how many Allied ships…
我们损失了多少同盟国船只吗?
we lost because of U- boat attacks?
不知道 – 光今年到现在…
No. – Six hundred and eighty- one ships…
就有681条 军方需要…
just this year so far. The Army needs…
能把部队送往欧洲的新型飞机
a new airplane to fly the troops to Europe.
那些船就是潜艇的活靶子
These ships, they’re sitting ducks for the U- boats.
你想要造运输部队的飞机?
You wanna build a troop- carrier plane?
别榆木脑袋了
Stop thinking like an insect.
不光是运输部队
Not just to carry troops,
是可以运输所有东西的飞机
a plane to carry everything.
部队 吉普 坦克
The troops and the jeeps and the tanks and whatnot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!