受宠若惊
very moving.
真是我的荣幸
It’s been a real pleasure.
诺阿会送你去机场
Noah will see you back to the airport now.
飞行安全
You fly safe.
飞行安全
You fly safe.
谢谢 霍华德 当心你的感冒
Thank you, Howard, and you take care of that cold.
别担心
Don’t you worry.
我会的
I certainly will.
再见
Bye- bye.
如果你让他出席这次听证会
If you let him appear at those hearings,
全世界都会看到他变成什么样子了
the whole world will see what he’s become.
人们应该记住的是过去的他
People should remember him as he was.
三天内他会收到…
He’ll have a subpoena in three days…
去华盛顿的传询
to appear in Washington.
如果你在那之前能让他出来的话
If you can get him out of there by then.
休斯先生?
Mr. Hughes?
我没有鞋子
I don’t have any shoes.
你能替我拿双鞋子来吗? – 鞋子
Could you get me some shoes? – Shoes.

Yeah.
感谢你为了我梳洗了一下
How nice of you to dress for me.
我能进来吗?
Can I come in?
当然 进来吧
Yeah, you can come in.
很高兴你能来
Thank you for coming.
现在 我们喝一杯吧
Now, let’s get a drink.
等一下 亲爱的
Wait, wait, wait, honey.
别乱动 你在这里很安全
You can’t move. You’re safe here.
你现在处在无菌区 明白吗?
You’re in the germ- free zone now. You understand?
我想碰碰运气 – 不 不 亲爱的 等一下
I’ll take my chances. – No, no, honey. Wait, wait.
看看你把这个地方弄的
Love what you’ve done with the place.
现在 让我瞧瞧你
Now, let me look at you.
你什么时候去华盛顿?
When do you go to Washington?
一周之后
A week.
不 不 一周之内
No, no. Just under a week.
我不知道今天几号♥ 但是我…
I don’t know the date today, but I have to be…
好了 别紧张
All right, take it easy.
那什么都没有 霍华德
There’s nothing there, Howard.
我看见一些东西
I see things.
我明白 亲爱的
I know, baby.
把你的脸好好洗一下
Rinse your face off, now.
把你的手放到水里去把肥皂冲掉
Put your hands in the water and wash off the soap.
我就待在这 哪儿也不去
I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere.
你觉得那干净吗?
Does that look clean to you?
没有东西是干净的 霍华德
Nothing’s clean, Howard.
我们尽力做到最好 不是吗?
But we do our best, right?

Yeah.
你认为如何?
What do you think?
看上去还行… – 你看上去棒极了
Well, I look all right. – You look great.
你会嫁给我吗?
Will you marry me?
你对我来说太疯狂了
You’re too crazy for me.
我要走了 亲爱的
I gotta go, baby.
好吧
Okay.
谢谢
Thanks.
为了我你能做到的
You’d do it for me.
嘿 霍华德 你最近怎样?
Hi, Howard. How you doing?
1947年8月6日 布鲁斯特参议员的听证会
第一天
委员会要求肃静
The committee will come to order.
女士们 先生们 我必须重申…
Ladies and gentlemen, I must insist…
在整个听证会过程中必须保持肃静
that we maintain quiet during these proceedings.
好吧 休斯先生 你能起立宣誓吗?
All right, Mr. Hughes, will you stand and be sworn?
你能庄严的宣誓…
Do you solemnly swear that…
在委员会面前…
in the matter now pending before this committee…
说出全部的事实…
you will tell the whole truth…
并且毫无保留吗?
and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我宣誓 – 请大声重复
I do. – Pardon me for speaking loudly…
我知道您有严重的听力障碍
but I know you have difficulty hearing.
没问题
That’s quite all right.
大家都知道我是个聋子
I mean, everybody knows I’m deaf.
这点没什么好隐瞒的
I’m not gonna try to hide it.
休斯先生 委员会的目的是…
Mr. Hughes, it is the intention of this committee…
休斯有一个声明要发表
Mr. Hughes has a statement.
好吧
All right,
你可以发表你的声明 休斯先生
you may proceed with this statement, Mr. Hughes.
休斯先生 你要发表你的声明吗?
Mr. Hughes, do you have a statement?
我会试着坦诚
I’m gonna attempt to be honest here.
我知道我声名狼藉
I mean, my reputation’s being destroyed,
所以我也不想有什么隐瞒
so I might as well lay the cards on the table.
布鲁斯特参议员
Senator Brewster,
如果不是你做的太过火
if you hadn’t gone too far overboard…
如果不是你把这棘手的问题丢给我
if you hadn’t put the red- hot iron in my side…
我只能在你个人的公众听证会上…
I might have been willing to take a shellacking…
受到你的鞭笞
in this publicity spree of yours.
我只能在这里…
I may have been willing to sit back…
受尽侮辱因为…
and take a certain amount of abuse simply because…
我仅仅是个普通的公民
well, I am only a private citizen.
而您是一位参议员
Whereas you are a senator…
拥有着各式各样的权力
with all sorts of powers.
但我已经受够了…
But I think this goddamn circus…
这场闹剧
has gone on long enough!
看来你做了相当的准备
That’s quite sufficient.
您说我是个骗子 先生 在报纸上!
You have called me a liar, sir, in the press.
你说我是个骗子…
You have called me a liar…
小偷 发战争财!
and a thief and a war profiteer!
证人将会…
The witness will restrain…
为什么不能说真话呢 参议员?
Why not tell the truth for once, senator?
为什么不谈谈这次调查…
Why not tell the truth that this investigation…
开始的日子 正是环球航♥空♥…
was really born on the day that TWA…
决定开辟欧洲市场的那天
decided to fly to Europe?
也是环球航♥空♥踏入了…
On the day that TWA first…
胡安·特里普版图的那天
invaded Juan Trippe’s territory!
坐下 – 更是环球航♥空♥挑战…
Sit down. – On the day TWA first challenged…
被普遍接受的…
the generally accepted theory that…
只有胡安·特里普那伟大的泛美航♥空♥…
only Juan Trippe’s great Pan American Airways…
才有飞跃大西洋的神圣权利的那一天
had the right to fly the Atlantic!
你不是到这来做演讲的
You are not here to make a speech.
要求肃静
I asked for silence!
全体保持肃静
I asked for quiet in this room…
我们这里有从…
We have in our possession receipts…
约翰·梅尔先生那里获得的…
in the amount of $1 70,000…
第二天
总数为170000美元的收据
acquired from Mr. John Meyer.
梅尔先生为你工作 对吗?
Mr. Meyer works for you, does he not?
没错 – 他的职位是什么?
He does. – And what is his official title?
我不清楚 参议员
I don’t exactly know, senator.
我手底下有很多员工
A lot of people work for me.
你能否解释一下为什么你的新闻官
Can you explain why your press agent would pay out
付给美国空军代表…
more than $1 70,000 to representatives…
17万美元
of the United States Air Force?
我不知道 恐怕你得问他
I don’t know. You’d have to ask him.
那么 你能请他出席吗?
Well, would you produce him?
出席? – 你能让他来这里吗?
Produce him? – Will you cause him to appear?
参议员 上个星期约翰·梅尔…
You had John Meyer on the stand…
在这儿可待了三天
for three days last week.
尽管如此 我们希望他能再次出席
Be that as it may, we would like him to reappear.
你能让他回来吗?
Would you ask him to return?
不 我做不到
No, I don’t think I will.
你能试着让他回来吗?
Will you try to have him return?
不 我不想去尝试
No, I don’t think I’ll try.
你不想去尝试?
You don’t think you’ll try?
不 完全不想
No, I don’t think so.
17万美元支付的形式…
The $1 70,000 paid out to the Air Force…
是旅馆套房♥…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!