一头真正的羊驼
A real llama.
在秘鲁买♥♥的?
From Peru?
对 大约一年前吧 我记得应该是…
Yeah. From a year ago, I think it was…
对 是一年前的事情
Yeah, it was about a year ago.
午餐准备好了 参议员
Lunch is served, senator.
很好 那么 去吃午餐吧
Good. Okay. Come on, let’s go have some lunch.
你们…
Now, did you…
你们真的亲眼看到羊驼了吗?
Did you actually get to see any llamas?
不 不 我妻子只是喜欢这幅画
No, no. My wife just liked the painting.
那可真是个有趣的动物
It’s an interesting animal.
我得去多读读关于它的书
I’ll have to read up on those.
怎么拼来着? 比如…
How do you spell that? Like…
比如费尔南多·拉马斯?
Like Fernando Lamas?
不 不 这个是动物 有两个字母L
No, no. It’s… It’s the animal, it’s got two L’s.
来吧 坐下
Here, come on, have a seat.
那是溪鳟 希望你喜欢
It’s brook trout. Hope you like fish.
非常喜欢 谢谢
I love it. Thanks.
我知道你滴酒不沾 所以…
I know you’re not a drinking man, so I hope…
所以我替你准备了水
Hope water’s okay.
谢谢
Thanks.
好了 让我们来谈正经事吧了
All right, let’s get down to business.
不要胡扯了
Let’s talk turkey.
我的调查员
My investigators…
我的调查人员发现了一些见不得人的东西
My investigators have turned up a lot of dirt.
恐怕这些消息走漏出去
It could be really embarrassing…
会造成不良的影响
if this stuff got out.
我想帮你摆脱这样的尴尬
I’d like to save you from that embarrassment.
你可真是个好人 欧文
That’s very kind of you, Owen.
我的委员会有权召开公众的听证会
My committee has the power to hold public hearings.
但我不想让你参加这样的听证会
I’d like to spare you that.
真的吗?
Would you, now?
听着…
Look…
你难道想让后人说…
Do you wanna go down in history…
你是个发战争财的奸商吗 霍华德?
as a war profiteer, Howard?
你难道想那样做吗?
Is that what you want?
你想要什么 欧文?
What do you want, Owen?
你同意支持我的航♥空♥共同体法案
You agree to support my C.A.B. bill,
我就不召开公众听证会
and I won’t hold public hearings.
办不到 – 为什么?
I can’t do that. – Why not?
我不能那么做 欧文 航♥空♥共同体法案会毁了环球航♥空♥
I can’t do that, Owen. The C.A.B. would kill TWA.
把环球航♥空♥卖♥♥给泛美航♥空♥
Sell TWA to Pan Am.
你会得到一个公平合理的好价钱的
You’ll get a good price. You’ll get a fair price.
然后呢? 然后你就不会公开?
And then…? Then you won’t go public?
对 就是这样 这次的调查就结束了
Right. That’s right. The investigation’s closed.
没人知道任何事情
Nobody knows a thing.
这是皆大欢喜的局面
That’s… It’s better for everybody.
你知道吗 欧文 我还是有些好奇
You know, Owen, I’m still wondering one thing.
什么?
What’s that?
你去年买♥♥的骆驼的那幅画
The picture of the llama you got last year?
怎么? – 你们从哪乘船过去的?
Yeah. – Where’d you sail from?
我们没有乘船 我们坐飞机去的
We didn’t sail. We flew.
你坐飞机去的? – 是的
You flew? – Yeah.
你真的打算这么干吗 欧文?
Are you sure you want to do this, Owen?
你真的打算和我对着干?
You want to go to war with me?
这不是我的个人行为 霍华德
It isn’t me, Howard.
是美国政♥府♥
It’s the United States government.
我们刚刚打败了德国和日本
We just beat Germany and Japan.
你算什么东西?
Who the hell are you?
你替我给胡安·特里普带个话
You… You tell Juan Trippe something for me,
好吗?
all right?
告诉他谢谢他送的那些花
Tell him thanks for the flowers.
还有…他可以亲吻我的屁♥股♥ 两边皆可
And he can kiss both sides of my ass.
我们列了一份详细的清单
Well, we have a long list of particulars.
其中的主要罪行是…
Chief among them is…
欺骗美国政♥府♥
that he defrauded the American government…
在战争期间从资♥金♥短♥缺♥的美国政♥府♥那里
of $56 million while at war,
获得了5600万美元
when we could least afford it.
当勇敢的人们…
While brave men were dying…
在诺曼底海岸英勇牺牲时
on the beaches of Normandy…
休斯先生却在挥霍…
Mr. Hughes was picking the pocket…
纳税人的钱
of the American taxpayer.
我睡在…
I sleep…
这个房♥间…
in this room…
在黑暗中…
in the dark.
我想我会把他拖到…
I’ll have him dragged here…
华府面前 如果必要的话
to Washington if I have to.
我要亲眼看看他那些苍白的谎言
I wanna see the whites of his lies.
我有个地方住
I have a place.
我有地方睡
I can sleep.
他将面对大量的质询
He has a lot of questions to answer.
我还有把椅子
I have a chair.
尤其是他的那个庞大的
Particularly about that monstrous…
手工玩具…
boondoggle of his,
他正在建造中的模型飞机
that model airplane he’s building…
那座会飞的伐木场 那只云杉木的笨鹅
that flying lumberyard, that spruce goose.
不 我们会让他出席的
No, he’ll… We’ll get him here.
漂亮极了
That’s just beautiful.
我喜欢沙漠
Oh, yeah. I like the desert.
沙漠很热 但是很干净
It’s hot there in the desert, but it’s clean.
很干净…
It’s clean.
我要睡一会
I need to sleep.
我得先喝点东西
I should drink something first.
我得先喝点东西
I should drink something first.
等一下…
Wait a minute.
万一牛奶已经变质了呢
What if that milk is sour?
牛奶已经坏了
That milk is bad.
我不应该用右手…
I shouldn’t pick up the bottle of milk…
拿起牛奶瓶
with my right hand.
不应该用左手把瓶盖打开
And I shouldn’t take the top off with my left hand
放到我的口袋里面
put it in my pocket.
我的左手口袋
My left pocket.
霍华德 是我 凯蒂
Howard, it’s Kate.
我想…我想和你谈谈
I need… I need to talk to you.
你听见了吗?
Can you hear me?
我进来了
I’m coming in.
霍华德 快开门
Howard, unlock this door immediately.
我做不到 亲爱的
I can’t, sweetie.
是你自己不想
You mean you won’t.
霍华德 让我见见你
Howard, please let me see you.
我还没刮胡子 – 我也没有刮毛
I haven’t shaved. – Well, neither have I.
快开门
Come on.
你…
You…
让我进来吧
You let me in.
我能听到你说话 凯蒂
I can hear you, Katie.
我总是能听到你说话
I could always hear you.
就算是在驾驶舱里 引擎发动时也一样
Even in the cockpit, with the engines on.
那是因为我是个大嗓门
That’s because I’m so goddamn loud.
霍华德 我…
Howard, I…
我是来谢谢你的
I came to thank you.
我发现了你为我和斯宾塞所做的一切
I found out what you did for Spence and me.
你买♥♥下了那些该死的照片
Buying those awful pictures.
你爱他…
You love him.
他是我的全部
He’s everything I have.
霍华德?
Howard?
我为你高兴 凯蒂
I’m glad for you, Kate.
走吧 好吗?
Go away now. Would you do that?
霍华德 求你了 – 走吧
Howard, please. – Go away.
现在走吧 我很快会来见你的
Just for now. I’ll see you soon.
我们再一起去开飞机 – 对
We’ll go flying together. – Yes.
对 来吧 你再带我去飞
Yes, please. You take me flying again.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!