-No luck? -Not a sign of him, Major.
我们找遍了山这边的每一寸土地
We covered every foot of ground between here and the high range.
你什么意思 他不会就这样消失
What do you mean? A man just doesn’t disappear.
你都找遍了吗 你真的都找遍了吗
Have you tried? Have you really tried?
我们真的尽力了 泰瑞尔小姐 找不到他
We really tried, Miss Terrill. We couldn’t find him.
那就再去找 全都去
Then start out again, all of you.
也许他出了什么事 也许他受伤了
Maybe he was thrown. He may be hurt.
你们不能就这样放弃
Well, you don’t just give up!
好吧 我们大家都去找
All right, we’ll take every man we can spare.
我从峡谷那边开始寻找 你们再从南边出发
I’ll take a sweep out toward the canyon. You head for the south boundary.
你觉得他傻的会去那个地方
You figure he’d be fool enough to go there?
我怎么知道
How do I know?
如果他够疯狂一个人去了那个地方
If he’s crazy enough to ride out alone in a strange country…
我并不是很了解这个人 史提夫
I don’t understand this man, Steve.
好吧 我们走
All right, let’s go.
-我吃好了 -再来点
-That was fine. -More?
不了 谢谢 吃好了
No, thanks. Nope.
我不知道巴克·汉纳森会那样粗暴的对待你
I didn’t realise Buck Hannassey was that rough on you.
除了汉纳森先生 我还和一匹马有点小过节
In addition to Mr. Hannassey, I had a little trouble with a horse.
-他们让你骑老雷 -还会是其它吗
-They put you on Old Thunder? -That’s the one.
这听起来像是史提夫·里奇的主意
That sounds like Steve Leech to me.
不 他没有责任 是我的主意
No, he’s not to blame. It was my own idea.
他是个粗暴的人 史提夫
He’s a rough man, Steve.
这里所有的人都在谈论
The whole country’s betting on what will happen…
他和巴克·汉纳森的最后决斗会怎么样
when he and Buck Hannassey finally fight.
我想你一定会觉得我们都很野蛮吧
I suppose you think we’re pretty uncivilised?

No.
人们打赌试着让一个人去杀死另外一个人
People laying bets as to which of two men will kill the other?
当我最后一次在海上航行的时候有个人掉到了水里
On my last voyage a man fell overboard,
然后人们准备把他打捞上来
and while they were picking him up…
船员们打赌谁会先把他救上来
the crew was making bets as to which would get to him first:
救生艇或鲨鱼
The lifeboat or the sharks.
然后呢
What happened?
-你真的想要知道 -当然
-Do you really wanna know? -Sure.
很难说谁赢了 双方都得到了赌注
It was hard to tell who won. Both sides claimed the money.
继续吗
Shall I go on?
继续
Go on.
船上的人救起了那个男人 但鲨鱼得到了他的双腿
The boat got the man, but the sharks got the legs.
他们最后决定那个男人拥有的和失去的差不多
They finally decided that more of him was saved than was lost…
然后他们把赌注平分了
and they settled the bets accordingly.
现在让我来给你讲一件事
Now let me tell you one.
在开垦这片土地的初期有一场对于印第安人的大屠♥杀♥
There was a Comanche massacre right on this ranch in the early days.
他们把俘虏的人活埋至脖子
They took the survivors and buried them alive up to their necks.
我要继续讲吗
Shall I go on?
继续
Go on.
埋在蚂蚁的洞穴里
In ant hills.
红色的大蚂蚁洞穴
Red-ant hills.
你的故事就讲到这个程度吗
Now what was the point of your story?

Oh, you…
你怎么喜欢给我讲这些
How’d you like to show me around?
我们骑马还是步行去走走
Do we ride or do we walk?
麦凯先生 你想去看任何地方步行都是不明智的
Mr. McKay, any ranch that you can see on foot just isn’t worth looking at.
-你骑得马不错 -是个很好的老家伙
-Good pony you’ve got there. -He’s a good old fella.
-它是拉姆 的马 -拉姆 的
-Belongs to Ram Gutirez. -Oh, Ram!
-你认识他 -是的 他曾经为我们工作
-You know him? -Sure, he used to work for us.
送给了我的第一匹小马
Put me on my first pony.
他给我骑得几乎是最老的马
Almost put me on my last!
怎么样 就是这里了
Well, here it is.
这儿是这个国家最好的一块土地
This is what makes Maragon the best land in the state.
从前的西班牙国王送给我曾祖父的礼物
A present from the king of Spain to my great-grandfather.
我希望能留给你深刻的印象
I hope you’re properly impressed.
是的 女士 确实是
Yes, ma’am. I certainly am.
鳟鱼
Hey…Trout?
不是 鲶鱼
No. Catfish.
能告诉我一些关于汉纳森的事吗
Tell me about this man Hannassey.
他在舞会上所说的事 是真的吗
The things he said at the party…are they true?
有一些吧
Some of them are.
旱季时汉纳森家族 甚至是泰瑞斯家族
During the dry season the Hannasseys, and sometimes even the Terrills…
都需要从这里得到水源
depend on Big Muddy for water.
祖父总是慷慨的给予他们所需的
Grandfather always gave them both access to it whenever they needed it.
如果你将这片土地出♥售♥给泰瑞尔家会发生什么
What would happen if you sold the place to Major Terrill?
这将意味着流血
It would mean bloodshed.
泰瑞尔上校会拒绝给汉纳森家族提供水源
Major Terrill would refuse to give water to the Hannasseys.
我爱这个地方 但有时侯我真希望能摆脱它
I love this place, but sometimes I wish I could get rid of it.
老鲁弗斯与上校之间的矛盾
Old Rufus and the major hate each other.
如果他们中的一个人为了控制大湿地
If either one of them were to get control of Big Muddy…
我不敢想会发生什么
I’m afraid to think of what would happen.
怎样才能成为一个牧场主
What does it take to become a rancher?
我的意思是像我这样的人假如要定居在这里
Suppose a fellow like myself were to settle out here…
他需要什么
what would he need?
土地 当然
Well, the land first, of course.
然后拥有几百头母牛会是一个良好的开端
The beginning of a good cow herd, couple hundred to start with.
强壮的公牛 和一百英里的围栏
Good bulls, and about a hundred miles of fence.
-一百英里 -是啊 因为这是一片
-Hundred miles? -Well, this is a…
-辽阔的土地 -辽阔的土地
-Big country. -Big country.
你是认真的吗 吉姆
You’re serious, Jim.
我还需要些什么
What else would I need?
能手
Top hands.
一个好工头会像你手中的绳索一样
A good foreman to run things for you
帮你运营好整个牧场
while you learn the ropes.
-吉姆 我不能把大湿地卖♥♥给你 -为什么不能
-Jim, I can’t sell Big Muddy to you. -Why not?
为什么 这和出♥售♥给泰瑞尔家族没什么区别
Why not? Well, it would be same as selling it to the Terrills.
我的名字是麦凯 吉姆·麦凯
The name is McKay. James McKay.
你能把这块土地出♥售♥给我吗 马拉冈小姐
Will you sell Big Muddy to me, Miss Maragon?
我可以给你想要的任何价值
I’ll pay you whatever it’s worth.
我可以保证
As far as I’m concerned
汉纳森家族可以随时来这里取水
the Hannasseys can take water whenever they need it.
对泰瑞尔家也是一样的
That goes for the Terrills, too.
也许我可以保持和平
Maybe I can keep the peace,
如果我在这里居住和工作的话
if I’m living here and working the place.
怎么样
How about it?
帕特也一直喜欢这个地方
Pat always did love this place.
行吗
Well then?
这将会是一份很漂亮的结婚礼物 吉姆
And it would be a wonderful wedding present, Jim.
是的 而且你也不会真正的失去这片土地
That’s right. And you wouldn’t really be losing the place.
如果它是我们的 某种程度上它也是你的
If it’s ours, in a way it’s still yours.
好吧 你拥有了自己的牧场
All right. You’ve bought yourself a ranch.
你是一个非常有说服力的人 麦凯先生
You’re a very persuasive man, Mr. McKay.
让我们回去拟好契约 在我改变主意之前
Let’s head back and draw up a paper before I change my mind.
我不知道还要去哪儿找
I don’t know where else to look.
天一亮我们再找一次
We’ll try it again at first light.
别开枪 小伙子们 我带着和平来
Don’t shoot, boys. I’ll come peaceable.
那是咖啡吗 我不介意来一杯
If that’s coffee, I wouldn’t mind having a little.
你们在这儿狩猎吗
You fellows on a roundup?
狩猎
Roundup?
从昨天开始我们就一直在找你
We’ve been looking for you since yesterday.
你到底去了哪里 麦凯
Where you been, anyway, McKay?
我认为只有你才能回答这个问题
I reckon you’re the last man can answer that.
出去买♥♥点东西 作为结婚礼物
Been out shopping, for a wedding present.
现在你还有心开玩笑吗 你把自己丢失在这里
You can joke about it now, but you get yourself lost out here…
还要我们一大帮人为了找你在这里过夜
and I gotta keep men out riding their backsides off all night.
我没有走失
I wasn’t lost.
你知道上校都亲自去找你了吗
You know the major was out himself trying to trail you?
矮子 你和威克先回兰德
Hey, Shorty, you and Waco go on back to Ladder.
告诉泰瑞尔小姐我们找到他了
Tell Miss Terrill we’ve found him.
告诉她我们会很快返回的 只要这小子不休息
Tell her we’ll bring him in easy as soon as he’s rested up.
熄火
Douse that fire.
好啊 帕特
Hello, Pat.
吉姆
Jim!
吉姆 你知道我们有多么的担心你
Oh, Jim, we’ve been out of our minds with worry!
对不起 你不必多虑的

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章巴顿将军
下一篇文章中途岛之战
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!