I’m sorry. You shouldn’t have been.
谢天谢地你是安全的
Thank heavens you’re safe!
我在外面很好 拉姆 没有告诉你们吗
I was all right all the time. Didn’t Ram tell you?
说了 但
Well, sure, but…
吉姆·麦凯 你的意思是
Jim McKay, do you mean
他们这么做一直是在徒劳吗
they’ve been out on a wild-goose chase?
谢天谢地我们为你都快把自己逼疯了
We’ve been driving ourselves crazy for nothing?
在这里迷路是一件很危险的事情 吉姆
Getting lost out here can be dangerous business, Jim.
在这里住了一辈子的人都会发生这类情况
It’s happened to people who’ve lived here all their lives.
但是我没有迷路 上校
But I wasn’t lost, Major.
我想你一定是走失了
And I say you were lost.
那你能告诉我你是怎么过的吗 在这两天两夜里
What were you doing for two days and two nights?
就是骑着马在周围寻欢作乐
Just riding around for pleasure?
里奇先生 我确实知道我走在哪里
Mr. Leech, I knew exactly where I was all the time.
你是一个该死的骗子
You’re a damn liar.
看见你的时候就是一副走失的样子
You were the lostest-looking thing I’ve seen in ten years.
如果这就是你想要争斗的原因
If it’s a fight you want…
你确实找对时间了
you’ve picked the right time for it.
是不是
Haven’t you?
是的 我很乐意和你决斗
Yeah, I’m offering you a fight.
或者这是给你一个返回东部的理由
Or aingt that a nice word back East?
你是在赌博 里奇
You’re gambling, Leech.
你是在赌你能够打赢我
You’re gambling that if we fight you can beat me.
然后你就能在失败的我面前让泰瑞尔小姐佩服你了
And you’re gambling that if you beat me Miss Terrill will admire you for it.
在这里为了一位女士决斗是很荣幸的事情
Out here we leave a lady’s name out of an argument.
不过 既然你把话挑明了 那就让我告诉你
But, since you brought it up, let me tell you something.
我认为你在泰瑞尔小姐离开家的时候利用了她
I think you took advantage of Miss Terrill when she was away from home.
你在那里也许不错 但在这里不行
You looked mighty big back there. But not out here.
你还配不上她 麦凯
You’re just not good enough for her, McKay.
我们就来个证明 在这里
I aim to prove it. Right here.
你并不是要证明什么 里奇
You aren’t going to prove anything with me, Leech.
收起你的架势
Get this through your head.
我不会参与你们的这种游戏
I’m not playing this game on your terms.
无论是骑马 或者枪 或拳头
Not with horses, or guns, or fists.
你不想知道我去了哪里
Don’t you want to hear where I’ve been?
为什么我要去
Why I went?
-你不想听我 -谁在乎你做了什么
-Don’t you want to hear from me…-Who cares what you did?
你让他叫你骗子 我从来没有这么丢脸
You let him call you a liar. I’ve never been so humiliated.
冷静 帕特 没有任何理由
Calm down, Pat. There’s no reason…
你根本不在乎别人怎么想吗
Don’t you care what people think?
不 我不会为别人的想法负责任
No, I’m not responsible for what people think.
我只做我应该做的
Only for what I am.
你就不关心我在想什么吗
Don’t you care what I think?
难道你想让人们认为你是一个
Do you like to have people think of you as a…
一个懦夫 你为什么不说 你害怕吗
A coward. Why don’t you say it? Are you afraid of the word?
我不是
I’m not.
我不想用我们一起将要共度的人生
And I’m not gonna spend the rest of my life
去证明我有多么勇敢
demonstrating how brave I am.
你已经用你的行动证明的足够了
You’ve already demonstrated that quite fully enough.
帕特
Pat?
我明天早上会搬到镇子上去住
I’ll move into town first thing in the morning.
我想我们都需要一点时间来考虑这个问题
I think we both need a little time to think this over.
我认为没有比这更好的主意了 晚安
I think that could be a very fine idea. Good night.
是谁啊
Yeah? Who is it?
你又走失了
You lost again?
就像以前一样
Just like before.
我明天一早将离开这里 里奇
I’ll be leaving here in the morning, Leech.
这样最好 麦凯
Yeah, that would figure, McKay.
我不明白你为什么还要专门来和我道别
I don’t know why you thought you had to come say goodbye.
和你的道别我想
The goodbye that I have in mind
需要比这个小屋子更大一点的空间
will take a little more room than we have in here.
好吧
Well…
在兰德我们大概有五十万亩土地 麦凯先生
We got maybe half a million acres here on Ladder, Mr. McKay.
你可以挑选任何一块只要你满意的地方
You just go pick out any little spot that suits ya.
我会跟着你
I’ll be right with ya.
我想让你明白这是很认真的
I’d like this to be strictly between us.
是的我可以看出来你的感觉
I can see how you’d feel that way.
好的
All right.
麦凯 我认为你是个大傻瓜
McKay, you’re a bigger fool than I thought you were.
老实说 这似乎是不可能的
And, to tell you the truth, that just didn’t seem possible.
来吧
Come on.
我想说 麦凯
All I can say, McKay…
你需要很长的时间来说再见
is you take a hell of a long time to say goodbye.
我觉得 就快结束了
I’m…just about finished…
假如你还可以的话
if it’s all right with you.
我没事
It’s all right with me.
现在告诉我 里奇 我们证明了什么
Now tell me, Leech. What did we prove?
他们快到河边了 史提夫
They’re getting near the river, Steve.
好吧 大伙 出发
All right, boys. Let’s go.
我们为什么要这么做 史提夫
Why are we doing this, Steve?
为什么 上校的命令 这就是为什么
Why? Major’s orders, that’s why.
我并不是庇护汉纳森家族
I aingt siding with the Hannasseys…
只是 赶走喝水的牛这种做法似乎不对
but…chasing thirsty cattle away from water just don’t seem right.
牛仔 你最好知道让你做什么就去做什么
Look, cowboy, you’d be better off if you just do what you’re told…
不要问任何问题
and don’t ask any questions.
这就是你的臭主意 里奇
This your stinking idea, Leech?
他们支付双倍的工钱就为了让你做这种卑鄙的事情
They pay you double for this kinda dirty work?
你只需要回家去告诉你老爹
You just run on back home and tell your daddy…
这是他最后一次进入大湿地
he’s watered his last steer in the Big Muddy.
好的 小子 我知道你的意思了
Yes, sir, I’ll deliver that message.
然后你就跑回家去给你的主子擦鞋子吧
And you run on back home and shine up the major’s boots!
好了 让我们沿着上游走吧
All right, let’s spread out along the river. Let’s go!
为什么你们不去死
Why aingt you dead?
你们让他们赶走了我们的牛群还敢站在这里
You let them run my cows off and you come back standing up!
我们能做什么 老爹
What could we do, Pa?
他们有20个人 我们只有几个
There was 20 of them. Just a few of us.
那些母牛比你们跟值钱
Them cows is worth more than the whole lotta ya.
我们必须拥有大湿地 听见了吗
We gotta get them back to water, ya hear?
我们一定要抢到 否则过两天就到旱季了
We gotta get them back, or they won’t last two days in this dry spell.
我们会得到的 老爹
We’ll get them back, Pa.
怎么得到 什么时候 明年
How? When? Next year?
我们要想一个办法
We got to figure a way
让泰瑞尔家的人现在就离开大湿地
to get them Terrill men away from the Big Muddy right now!
自从克莱姆·马拉冈死了以后这里就不存在和平
I aingt had any peace since Clem Maragon died.
去把那个女孩带来
Go get that girl.
-带到这来 -谁 朱莉·马拉冈
-Bring her here. -Who? Julie Maragon?
你只需按我说的去做
You just do as you’re told.
如果她像你声称的那样对你有好感 这会很容易的
If she’s sweet on you like you claim, it’ll be easy.
否则 就把她抓过来
If she aingt, drag her here by the hair.
你好啊
iejito!
天呐 我可爱的人儿
iejito! Muy buenos ds.
你还好吗
How are you?
好 亲爱的 很高兴见到你
linda! Glad to see you again!
帕特丽夏小姐在家吗
Is Miss Patricia home?
帕特丽夏小姐
Miss Patricia…
我不知道 今天我没看到她
I don’t know. I didn’t saw her today.
出什么事了 拉姆
Something wrong, Ram?
我不能在这里谈论这件事
It’s not a place to me to say it.
-连老朋友都不能告诉吗 -一个老朋友 可以
-Not even to such an old friend? -Oh, an old friend! Yes!
你知道吗 昨天晚上这里出现了大问题
But, you know, last night was a big trouble here.
麦凯先生离开了
And Mr. McKay go away.
去了拉斐尔或者某处 我不知道
To San Rafael or somewhere. I don’t know.
你好
Hello.
拿把椅子过来坐下
Throw something off a chair and sit down.
你想尝尝吗
Would you like to try a cigarette?
你在哪儿买♥♥的
Where’d you get those?
东部 别这么大惊小怪
In the East. Don’t look so shocked.
我看到过一些女人在吸烟
I saw a woman smoking one.
它是上等货
It’s very elegant.
不管怎么样 现在我不在乎任何事情了
Oh, well. I don’t care about anything, anyway.
好了 帕特 出什么事了

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章巴顿将军
下一篇文章中途岛之战
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!