我想他雇你
I wish he’d hire you on a straight salary
是想保住自己的女儿
to keep that daughter of his home.
她现在就在外面 – 我知道 我听到了
She’s out there now. – Yeah, I know. I heard her.
她在这儿不是很受欢迎
She’s not very popular around here.
她输了就想翻本 我就只能得到一把废纸
When she loses, she doubles and I wind up with a fistful of paper.
如果赢了 就把我的钱带回家
If she wins, she takes my money home with her.
下次你不能拿回来吗?
Well, you get it back next time, don’t you?
她花在别的地方了
She’s spent it somewhere else by then.
哦 她很精明 – 是的
I see. She goes on the cuff, huh? – Yeah.
我会劝她别来这儿的
I’d keep her out of here, then.
看来 我白来了一趟
Well, it looks like I took the long trip for nothing.
很抱歉 没能帮上你
Sorry I can’t help you.
你介意我走之前四处看看吗?
You mind if I look the place over before I go back?
请便 打开前面那扇门
No, go ahead. Take that door.
就到了赌桌边上
It comes out behind the tables.
不了 谢谢 我还是从这里出去吧
No, thanks. I’ll go out here with the rest of the suckers.
也许有一天 我真能帮上你什么
Maybe someday I can do you a real favor.
也许吧
Maybe.
有件事一直让我迷惑
You know, there’s one thing that puzzles me.
你看上去似乎并不急着找回你妻子
You don’t seem in much of a hurry to find that wife of yours.
据我所知
From what I hear,
她不是那种惹男人厌的老婆
she’s not the kind of a wife a guy wants to lose.
可能你知道她在哪儿
Could it be that you know where she is?
也许里根也在那儿
Maybe Regan, too?
停止你的好奇心吧
Better stop being curious, soldier.
我和我妻子的事 是我家的私事
What’s between me and my wife is between us.
对不起
Sorry.
埃迪 你没有派人监视我 是吗?
Oh, Eddie, you don’t have anybody watching me, do you?
一辆灰色的普利茅斯车
Tailing me in a gray Plymouth coupe, maybe?
我为什么要那么做?
No. Why should I?
我也没想到
I can’t imagine,
除非你很关心我每天都在哪儿出现
unless you’re worried about where I am all the time.
我还没有那么喜欢你
I don’t like you that well.
再见 埃迪
So long, Eddie.
马洛先生?- 什么事
Oh, Mr. Marlowe. – Yeah?
马洛先生?- 什么事
Mr. Marlowe. – Yeah?
卢莱德夫人 – 卢莱德夫人
Mrs. – Mrs.
你来说
You better take it.
卢莱德夫人问你 能否去看看她
Well, Mrs. Rutledge asked if you would look her up
在你走之前
before you went.
她在中间那张桌子那儿
She’s in at the center table.
谢谢你们两个
Thank you both.
马洛先生 卢莱德夫人
Oh, Mr. Marlowe, Mrs.
是的 卢莱德夫人想见我
Yeah, Mrs. Rutledge wants to see me.
你怎么知道的?- 他告诉我的
How did you know? – He told me.
她今晚是大赢家
She sure is picking ’em tonight.
他没说过 – 她连续赢了八轮
He didn’t say – Just won eight bets in a row.
我没听到他告诉你什么 – 他没有
I didn’t hear him tell you anything. – He didn’t.
这是什么游戏?继续 转盘
What kind of a game is this? Go on, spin the wheel.
我再来一局
I want another play.
抱歉 你下的注超过14000块了
I’m sorry. You have more than $14,000 there,
这张桌子付不起你的赌注
and the table cannot cover your bet.
是你的钱 你不想赢回去吗?
It’s your money. Don’t you want it back?
我去叫马斯先生
I have sent for Mr. Mars.
女士 你知道 – 你想下注吗?
Look, lady, you Why, no, I – Do you want to cover it?
你好 马洛 – 你好
Hello, Marlowe. – Hello.
女士
The lady.
怎么了 卢莱德夫人?
Something the matter, Mrs. Rutledge?
我想再玩一局
Yes, I’d like one more play, Eddie.
所有的注都压红色
All this on the red.
再多也照赔
Cover her bet in even thousands,
如果没人反对的话
if no one objects to this turn of the wheel
这轮就由这位女士一个人来
being for the lady alone.
祝我好运吧 马洛
Wish me luck, Marlowe.
你想见我
You wanted to see me.
是的 和我一起来的人还不想走
Yes. The people I came with want to stay,
所以我想 也许你愿意送我回家
so I thought maybe you’d like to drive me home.
没问题
Sure.
准备好了吗 女士?- 我准备好了
Are you ready, lady? – Yeah, I’m ready.
我也准备好了
So am l.
5号♥ 红色
Number five, red.
干得漂亮
Well, you did all right.
在外面等你
Meet you outside.
都换成现金 – 十 十一
Cash these in. – Ten, eleven…
晚安 – 晚安
Good night. – Good night.
这里有枪 女士
This is a gun, lady.
我想要钱
I want that money.
你敢出声 我就把你劈成两半
Yell, and I’ll cut you in half.
把包给我
Give me that bag.
嗨 小子 放松点
Hello, pal. Easy.
总是有人送我枪
Somebody is always giving me guns.
现在转过去
You can turn around now.
我不喜欢玩手段的人
I don’t like people who play games.
告诉你的老板
Tell your boss
等你醒了以后
when you wake up.
我很高兴让你送我回家
Well, I’m glad I asked you to take me home.
我也是的
So am l.
我们可以走了吗?
Shall we go now?
你为什么在发抖?
What are you trembling for?
别告诉我你害怕 我可不信
Don’t tell me you were scared because I won’t believe that.
我没有被抢过 给我点时间
I’m not used to being hijacked. Give me a little time.
抢劫?就这样吗?
Hijacked? Is that what it was?
还有什么别的吗?
What else?
你还在颤抖 怎么了?
You’re still shaking. What’s the matter?
你不是在担心我吗?
You weren’t worried about me, were you?
怕我受伤?
Afraid I’d get hurt?
你什么时候开始 对我这么好?
When did you first begin to feel that way about me?
为什么停下来?
Why are we stopping?
处理一些事情
To settle something.
我们就从埃迪·马斯有你的把柄开始吧
All right. Let’s begin with what Eddie Mars has on you.
他知道的事情跟你有关系吗?
If he had anything, would it be any of your business?
已经付过你报酬了 不是吗?
You’ve already been paid, haven’t you?
是的 你付的
Yeah, by you.
你嫌钱少么?
Are you after more money?
我想你有权利问
I guess you’ve got a right to ask that.
不 我的报酬已经很不错了
No, I’m not after more money. I’ve already been well paid.
我有另一个理由
I got another reason.
你喜欢我父亲 是吗?
You like my father, don’t you?
那你为什么不停止调查?
Well, why don’t you stop?
记得我说过我开始喜欢
Remember I told you I was beginning to like
另一个斯特伍德吗?
another one of the Sternwoods?
我希望你表现出来
I wish you’d show it.
那应该不难吧
That should be awful easy.
我喜欢
I liked that.
我还想要
I’d like more.
很棒
That’s even better.
好了 现在解决了
All right. Now that’s settled,
埃迪·马斯有你什么把柄?
what’s Eddie Mars got on you?
就这些了吗?- 就这些了
So that’s the way it is? – That’s the way it is.
我也喜欢多吻几次
Kissing you is all right. It’s nice. I’d like to do more of it.
但首先我想知道埃迪·马斯有你什么把柄
But first, I want to find out what Eddie Mars has on you.
你要再说一次 我就
If you say that again, I’ll
我会一直说下去 直至找到真♥相♥为止
I’ll keep on saying it until I find out.
你瞧 宝贝 我打电♥话♥给埃迪·马斯
Look, angel, I called Eddie Mars
告诉他我要见他
and told him I was coming up to see him.
我到的时候 你也在那儿
When I arrived, you were there.
你们两个在演戏
The two of you staged an act.
他让你赢了很多钱
He let you win a lot of money
然后派个人从你那儿拿回去
and then sent a man around to take it away from you.
来证明你们之间没有什么关系
Just to prove there was nothing between you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!