等等 什么意思?一对杀人犯
Wait a minute, what do you mean, a couple of murders?
我是说两个杀人犯 昨晚7点30你在哪儿?
I mean two murders. Where were you about 7:30 last night?
为什么 我 – 你们在哪儿?
Why, I – Where were you?
好吧 我在监视盖革的住处
All right, I was watching Geiger’s place.
为什么?
Why?
想从他身上得到点东西
To get something on him.
请看着我说话
Try looking at me while you’re talking.
雨下的很大 我就在车里
Well, it was raining hard and I was sitting in my car.
前面有辆车
There was a car parked out front
还有一辆在山下
and another partway down the hill.
我在后面
I was in back.
后面还有谁?- 没有人了
Who else was back there? – Nobody.
在我边上有一辆大帕卡德车
There was a big Packard near where I was.
我看了下 是斯特伍德名下的
So I took a look at it and it was registered to the Sternwoods.
然后呢
And then?
然后 没什么事发生
Well, then, nothing happened,
所以我不耐烦了 就回家了
so I got tired of waiting and went home.
你知道那辆帕卡德现在在哪儿么?
You know where that Packard is now? – How should I?
我怎么知道?
How should I?
在警长的车♥库♥里
It’s in the sheriff’s garage.
今天早晨它被冲到了
It was fished out of 12 feet of water off
利多码头外12英尺深的水里
Lido Pier early this morning.
还有一个死人在里面 像是被谋杀的
There was a dead man in it. He’d been sapped.
车头朝向码头的尽头
The car was pointed toward the end of the pier
油门是开到底的
and the hand throttle pulled out.
你不能把罪名加在我头上
Why, you can’t pin that on me.
我会努力的
I can make an awful good try at it.
为什么 我 – 坐下 乔
Why, I – Sit down, Joe.
你瞧 死者是欧文 泰勒
You see, the dead man was Owen Taylor,
斯特伍德的司机
Sternwood’s chauffer.
他是去盖革家的
He went up to Geiger’s place because he was sweet on Carmen.
因为他喜欢上了卡门
because he was sweet on Carmen.
他不喜欢盖革的勒索
He didn’t like the kind of games Geiger was playing.
他拿着一把铁撬在后面
He let himself in the back way with ajimmy,
而且还带着把枪
and he had a gun.
那把枪不见了
And the gun went off,
盖革倒地死了
as guns will, and Geiger fell down dead.
欧文带着胶卷跑了
So Owen ran away taking the film with him.
你跟着他并拿到了胶卷 你怎么拿到的?
You went after him and got it. How else would you get it?
好吧 你说的对
All right, you’re right.
我听到枪声 看见他跑了出来
I heard the shots and saw him run down the back steps
开上帕卡德车走了
and enter the Packard and away.
是的 – 我就跟着他
Yeah. – I followed him.
他在日落大街向西拐了
He turned west on Sunset.
到了贝弗利那边
And beyond Beverly,
他把车停在了路上
he, uh, skidded off the road and, uh, came to a stop.
于是我下了车 装成警♥察♥
So I came up and played copper.
他有把枪 他很慌张 所以我把他打倒了
He had a gun and he was rattled, so I sapped him down.
我估计胶卷可能有点价值 就拿走了
I figured the film might be worth something, so I took it.
那就是我最后一次看到他
That’s the last I saw of him.
于是你把一个人事不醒的人
So you left an unconscious man
留在了贝弗利附近的马路上
in a car way out near Beverly someplace.
你想让我相信
And you want me to believe
有人顺便路过
somebody conveniently came along,
把那辆车开到了海边
ran that car all the way down to the ocean,
把车推下了码头
pushed it off the pier
然后藏起了盖革的尸体?
and then came back and hid Geiger’s body?
那 我没有 – 有人做了
Well, I didn’t. – Somebody did.
你想让时间倒流
And you wanted time to take over.
你不能证明是我做的
You can’t prove I did it.
我不是特别想这么做
I don’t particularly want to.
我想知道的是
All I want to do is find out
是什么让盖革看上斯特伍德家的
what Geiger had on the Sternwoods.
也许你能和我做个交易
Well, maybe you and I can make a little deal.
去吧
Go ahead.
也许她回来了
Maybe she’s back.
如果是的话 她还没拿回她的枪
If she is, she hasn’t got her gun.
有火柴吗 小伙子?
You got a match, bud?
你跟我走 还是跟警♥察♥走?
What’ll it be, kid? Me or the cops?
你想干什么?
What do you want?
上车 坐驾驶座 你来开车
Sit in that car, back of the wheel. You drive.
等警车一过去
As soon as this police car goes by,
我们就去盖革的房♥子
we’re going to Geiger’s house.
顺便说一句 卡尔 你打错人了
By the way, Carol, you shot the wrong guy.
布罗迪没有杀盖革
Brody didn’t kill Geiger.
好了 我们走
All right, let’s go.
你有钥匙 我们进去 – 谁说我有钥匙?
You got a key. Let’s go in. – Who said I got a key?
好了 来吧!
All right, come On!
也许你需要这个
Maybe you need this.
喂 – 嗨 伯尼吗?
Hello. – Hello, Bernie?
你是哪位?
Yeah, is this who I think it is?
我是马洛 案子进行的怎么样啊?
Yeah, it’s Marlowe. How are you fixed for red points?
没什么线索
I haven’t got any.
谁有啊?
Who has?
给你电♥话♥是因为 我有一些冷肉要卖♥♥
The reason I asked was, I got some cold meat set out,
也许你会感兴趣
might interest you.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
你的人在欧文身上找到一把枪
Did you boys find a gun on Owen Taylor
当他们昨晚把他捞上来时 是不是?
when they fished him out of the drink last night?
这是警♥察♥的事
That would come under the heading of police business.
我知道是警♥察♥的事
Yeah, I know it would come under the heading of police business.
但是如果他们找到枪 里面该有3个空弹壳
But if they did, it had three empty shells in it.
你快来劳文街 劳雷尔峡谷路7244号♥
You come up to 7244 Laverne Terrace, off Laurel Canyon Road,
我会让你看看 子弹打哪儿去了
and I’ll show you where the slugs went.
我马上出发 – 我等你
I’ll be right out. – I’ll be waiting for you.
你为什么要藏匿盖革的尸体?
What did you hide Geiger’s body for?
你承认射杀了布罗迪吗?
Do you admit shooting Brody? Do you?
滚开 杰克
Take a jump, Jack.
他什么也不用说 这是他的枪
He doesn’t have to admit it. Here’s his gun.
来吧
Come on.
你好
Hello.
抱歉 我来晚了
Well. – I’m late. I’m sorry.
今天还好吧?- 比昨晚好多了
How are you today? – Better than last night.
看得出来
I could agree on that.
嗨 麦克斯 – 下午好 拉特利奇夫人
Hello, Max. – Good afternoon, Mrs. Rutledge.
给我们留位子了吗?- 当然了 女士 这边请
Got a table for us? – Certainly, madam. This way, please.
我要苏格兰威士忌 – 好的 夫人
I’ll have a scotch, messy, please. – Yes, madam.
威士忌加水 – 好的 先生
Scotch and plain water. – Yes, sir.
你怎么挑了这个地方?
Well, how did you happen to pick out this place?
也许我是想牵牵你的手
Maybe I wanted to hold your hand.
愿意效劳
Oh, that can be arranged.
找我什么事?
What did you want to see me about?
嗯 有件事
Well, one thing,
我父亲看到晨报时非常高兴
my father was very pleased when he saw the morning papers.
我也是
So was I.
是啊 我们运气不错
Yes, we were lucky.
我设法让斯特伍德家避过了此劫
I managed to keep the Sternwoods out of it.
他希望你不要再深入调查了
He hopes you didn’t involve yourself too deeply.
你告诉他了吗 不是你的错?
Did you tell him it was no fault of yours?
没有 他让我来给你送支票
No. He asked me to give you a check.
我还不需要钱
I don’t need any money yet.
他认为这件事结束了
He considers the case closed.
是么?
Oh?
是的 难道不是?
It is, isn’t it?
对盖格来说 是的
Well, as far as Geiger is concerned, yes.
那么就彻底结束了
Then it’s completely closed.
希望你能满意
I hope this is satisfactory.
500块 比我预期的多
$500? Well, that’s a lot more than I expected,
但是多多益善
but welcome just the same.
我们都很感激你 马洛先生
We’re very grateful to you, Mr. Marlowe.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!