Who ever heard of such a thing?
再这样下去他们就离通奸不远了
Next thing you know, they’d be fornicating.
先生 这可不一样
Gentlemen, this here is different.
我们可以再发动一次内战
We could start another Civil War.
塞西尔 你怎么看待
Cecil, what do you think about
黑鬼和白人小孩一起上学
niggers going to school with white children?
实话实说 詹金斯先生
To be honest with you, Mr. Jenkins,
我尽量不去关心
I tend to not be too concerned
一切跟政♥治♥相关的东西
with American or European politics.
这就对了 塞西尔
Nor should you, Cecil.
政客都是罪犯
They’re all criminals.
厄尔·沃伦就该被千刀万剐
Earl Warren should be shot and hanged.
厄尔·沃伦 美国政♥治♥家 法学家
曾做出很多反对种族隔离的著名判例
狗♥娘♥养♥的混♥蛋♥法官
That dumb son-of-a-bitch judge
居然想整合我们的学校
is trying to integrate our schools.
沃伦法官不久就会发现那有多困难
I think Judge Warren is going to find that quite challenging.
对极了 塞西尔 对极了
Damn right, Cecil. Damn right.
我这辈子都没想过
Never in my life did I dream
能在这么富丽堂皇的地方工作
I’d work in a place as fancy as this.
我从没想过能过上这么好的生活
I never dreamed my life could be so good.
我和歌♥莉娅是在艾克沙修工作时认识的
Gloria and I met working at the Excelsior.
她曾是酒店的女佣
She was a maid at the hotel,
现在她唯一的工作就是
but now her only job was
照顾我们的两个儿子
raising our two boys.
我发誓不会让他们经历棉花田的苦难
I made sure that they never laid eyes on a cotton field.
-我要尿尿 -今天不行 别找理由了
– I got to pee. – Not today. Don’t try that.
-把作业写完 -路易斯呢
– Finish that homework. – Where’s Louis at?
-他去倒垃圾了 -又忙这么晚
– He’s taking the trash out. – Working late again?
-工作怎么样 -比为生计奔波强多了
– How was your shift? – Beats working for a living.
亲爱的 我晚上很想你
I miss you at night, honey.
你不是要去厕所吗 去吧
Didn’t you say you got to pee? Go on, then.
出来把手洗干净了
Wash your hands when you come out of that bathroom, boy.
-早安 -早安
– Good morning. – Good morning.
早安 老公
Good morning, sir.
你照顾儿子辛苦了
You were busy with the boy.
-爸爸 -路易斯
– Hey, Dad. – Hey, Louis.
-你好吗 -挺好的
– You all right? – Yeah, I’m fine.
很好
Good.
那个儿子被杀的女人
That woman whose son got killed,
现在到处演说
she’s around doing speeches now.
她叫什么来着 亲爱的
What’s her name, honey?
-玛米·蒂尔 -玛米…
– Mamie Till. – Mamie…
玛米·蒂尔
Mamie Till.
就像是昨天的事情一样
I remember that story just like it was yesterday,
虽然都过去三年了
even though it was three years ago.
那些人真是丧尽天良
It was a dis-damn-grace what they did to that boy.
只是看了一个白人妇女一眼
Just for looking at a white woman.
就被毒打一顿
Beat him up,
扔进河里 丢了性命
threw his body in the river, killed him.
他就跟路易斯差不多大
He wasn’t no older than Louis.
那时他14岁
He was 14 at the time.
南方的白人真是丧尽天良
Crazy white folks down South.
谢了 妈
Thanks, Ma.
至少在华盛顿我们的处境能略微好一些
At least we got it a little better in DC, huh?
对我们还是很差劲
Still treating us bad, too.
下来 查理 洗洗手
Get on down here, Charlie! Wash your hands.
路易斯说我们不应该再受白人的气了
Louis said we should stop taking the white man’s shit.
-行了 -闭嘴
– Hey. – Shut up.
-说话注意点 -说话注意点
– Watch your mouth. – Watch your mouth.
你好 这里是盖恩斯家
Hello, Gaines’ residence.
好的 稍等 凯甘先生
Uh, yeah. Hold on, Mr. Kidgan.
是你老板 老爸
It’s the boss man, Dad.
他打电♥话♥干什么
What’s he calling for?
白人一来电♥话♥ 我就做好最坏的心理准备
When the white man call, I always assume the worst.
是我 先生
Yes, sir?
那天 我本来以为
I would have put money on it
我一定是被解雇了什么的
that I was getting laid off or something that day.
-请跟我来 -是的 先生
– Would you follow me, please? – Yes, sir.
我是塞西尔·盖恩斯
I’m Cecil Gaines.
-很高兴见到你 -我也是
– It’s a pleasure to meet you. – You, as well.
坐吧
Have a seat.
盖恩斯先生 你关心政♥治♥吗
Are you political, Mr. Gaines?
-不关心 先生 -很好
– No, sir. – Good.
在白宫不能有任何政♥治♥见解
We have no tolerance for politics at the White House.
-您是怎么找到我的 -不是我
– How’d you find me? – I didn’t.
你曾在艾克沙修酒店为R·D·华纳服务过
You served R.D. Warner at the Excelsior Hotel.
他掌管整个白宫的运作
He oversees operations for the entire White House.
你给他留下了深刻的印象
You made quite an impression.
我想不起来了
I don’t recall.
华纳先生和我都留意寻找潜在的员工
Mr. Warner and myself make note of potential staff around town.
管家的职位很少有空缺
Butler positions rarely open,
因为大部分人一干就是三十多年
as most stay on for 30 years or more.
我接到电♥话♥时也很惊讶
I know I was quite surprised when I got the call.
我也觉得很惊讶
It was a surprise for me, as well.
作为白宫的侍者总管 通常由我来挑管家
As the White House maitre d’, I normally hire the butlers.
请原谅我这么说 法洛斯先生
Forgive me for saying this, Mr. Fallows.
如果雇佣我会让您觉得不舒服
I certainly wouldn’t want to be hired under circumstances
那我肯定不想接受这份工作
that would make you feel uncomfortable.
是吗
Oh, really?
您需要的是自己精心挑选的管家
You need butlers that you’ve handpicked,
符合您的偏好
men to your liking
能满足您眼中白宫员工应有的标准
that will fulfill your vision of a proper White House staff.
那是路易十三吗
Is that… Louis XIII?
这种玻璃瓶仿制了
These decanters are replicas
雅纳克[法国城市]战场上找到的
of metal flasks that were found
扁平金属酒瓶的形状
on the battlefield in Jarnac.
对吧
Correct?
意大利的葡萄酒是一流的
The Italians, they know their wines,
爱尔兰人也当然知道
and the Irish, they certainly know
如何酿造上等的威士忌
how to make a great whiskey.
但我相信 说到干邑白兰地
But I believe the French have a distinct advantage
法国人还是有一手的
when it comes to Cognac.
是吧[法语]
C’est vrai?
没错 你会是个好家奴的
Oh yeah, you’ll make a good house nigger.
要不要来一杯黑咖啡
Would you care for a demitasse?
有时候只有我和法耶在这儿
Sometimes it just be me and Faye up in here.
我 法耶 再加上点威士忌
Me, Faye and a little scotch.
玩得不错啊
Have a good time.
你就是这样的
That’s how you do it.
-你最会开派对了 -唱歌♥啊 法耶
– You know how to throw a bash, girl. – Sing. Faye.
这个土豆沙拉你放了什么
What did you do to this potato salad?
我告诉你哦 我放了些莳萝
I’ll tell you what I did. I put some dill in it,
我在《妇女之友》上看到的
because I read in Woman’s Day,
腌菜会掩盖食物的味道
where pickles drown out the flavor
莳萝使味道更突出
and dill bring up the flavor.
-就是你现在尝的这个味道 -是啊
– That’s what you tasting right now. – OK. Yeah.
-我喜欢 -别有风味 是吧
– I like it. – Make a difference, don’t it?
确实
It really does.
亲爱的 你一定很为塞西尔自豪
Girl, you must be so proud of Cecil.
那工作是他自己找的
You know he got that job himself.
是白宫找的他
The White House called him,
-不是他找的白宫 -他真是好样的
– he didn’t call the White House. – He’s a good man.
-你嫁了个好人 -她可真逗啊
– You got a good man. – She’s fun, man!
跟你完全不一样呢 小怨妇
Not like this one right here. Ol’ sourpuss.
-还生我气呢 -我不是无理取闹
– You still mad at me? – I got reason.
你就是无理取闹
No, you don’t. I told you,
我都告诉你我去游戏厅了
I went down to the numbers spot,
小玩了几局 吃了点烧烤
played my little numbers, got me some barbecue,
然后就回来了 一滴酒都没沾
and then I went down… I didn’t even get nothing to drink!
游戏厅这个理由我已经听腻了 霍华德
I am so… I’m so sick of these numbers spot stories, Howard.
你觉得我会相信你真的去了游戏厅吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!