而我们所有人
But really it’s all of us
都应当摒弃这种根深蒂固的
who must overcome the crippling legacy
偏见和不公
of bigotry and injustice.
我们一定能够胜利
And we shall overcome.
首先是一排密集的火力压制
First, a barrage of cover fire,
接着从街道对面猛攻过来
and then a charge across the street.
陆战队因受到新型闪电式袭击
The Marines moved out from the fortified Army compound
从守备森严的军队驻地撤离
blitzed by the original attack.
哟 哟 大总统
Hey, hey, LBJ!
今天你又杀了几口
How many kids did you kill today?!
我才不管什么国家荣誉
我不去越南
哟 哟 大总统
Hey, hey, LBJ!
今天你又杀了几口
How many kids did you kill today?!
…古代皇城
…the ancient imperial city.
这座城对越南人来说就像美国的波士顿
It is to Vietnamese what old Boston is to Americans,
很多国家领袖都在那里出生或接受教育
where many of its country’s leaders are born or educated.
我真希望他们能闭嘴
I wish they’d shut up.
第一名狙击手
The first sniper shots
在建筑物厚实的墙体附近开枪反弹
ricochet around the thick walls of the building,
造成了第一小队的首名伤亡
taking the first casualties of the first squad.
狙击手大概只有两到三名
The snipers may be only two or three,
潜伏在该建筑物的墙体之后
invisible to the buildings beyond the wall.
但沿街道左侧还有一架机关枪
But there is also a machine gun down the street to the left.
1968年
田纳西州孟菲斯市
金博士 你还是好好养病吧
Dr. King, you might want to lie down with that fever.
约翰逊总统在越南酿成了悲惨的错误
President Johnson is making a tragic error in Vietnam.
让让 大黄
Move over, big yellow.
我们为什么不应该打越南
Why shouldn’t we fight in Vietnam?
其中一个原因是越共不叫我们黑鬼
The Vietcong don’t call us “Niggers,” For one.
说真的 你们有谁的父母支持战争
Seriously, how many of your parents support the war?
上帝啊 你父母为什么支持
Well, my Lord. Why do your parents support it?
我们没具体谈过 但我总觉得他们支持
We haven’t spoken about it specifically, I just know they do.
你♥爸♥爸是干什么的
Well, what do your daddy do?
他是个管家
He’s a butler.
黑人帮佣在历史中扮演了很重要的角色
The black domestic play an important role in our history.
我告诉你不是为了让你笑话我
I didn’t tell you that to make fun of me.
小兄弟 黑人帮佣用汗水和忠诚
Young brother, the black domestic defy racial stereotypes
来抗争人们对这个种族的偏见
by being hardworking and trustworthy.
他们用过硬的职业道德和高贵的品格
He slowly tears down racial hatred with his example
使种族仇恨慢慢消弭
of a strong work ethic and dignified character.
虽然管家女佣他们看上去卑躬屈膝的
Now, while we perceive the butler or the maid to be subservient,
但在很多方面他们具有不为人知的抗争性
in many ways, they are subversive, without even knowing it.
-进来吧 塞西尔 -午安 华纳先生
– Come in, Cecil. – Afternoon, Mr. Warner.
非常感谢您肯见我
Thank you for seeing me.
由于有色人种…
Since the colored,
黑人员工
the black staff
与白人员工做同样多的工作
does just as much work as the white staff,
我认为我们的薪水应与劳动成正比 先生
I believe that our salaries should reflect our service, sir.
黑人员工?
“Black” staff?
我同时觉得我们应该有
I also feel that we should have
晋升的机会
opportunities of advancement.
黑人帮佣
No black houseman
还从未被提升到技术人员办公室
has ever been promoted to the engineer’s office.
我们对你跟满意 塞西尔
You’re very well liked here, Cecil.
但如果你对你的薪水或职位不满意
But if you’re unhappy with your salary or position,
那么我建议你另谋高就
then I suggest you seek employment elsewhere.
恕我直言…
With all due respect…
别被马丁·路德·金的扯淡蒙蔽了双眼
Don’t let that Martin Luther King shit fill your britches out.
想想我是从哪里找到你的
Just remember where I found you.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
失陪
Excuse me.
马丁·路德·金博士 民权运动中
Dr. Martin Luther King, the apostle of non-violence
非暴♥力♥政策的倡导者
in the civil rights movement
在田纳西州孟菲斯市遭枪击身亡
has been shot to death in Memphis, Tennessee.
警方发布了全境通缉令
Police have issued an All Points Bulletin
一名穿着得体的年轻白人男子被目击逃离现场
for a well-dressed, young white man seen running from the scene.
报道还称警♥察♥曾追捕一辆装有无线电
Officers also reportedly chased and fired on
有两名白人男子乘坐的车辆 并向其开火
a radio-equipped car containing two white men.
我不知道我还能不能活着到家
I didn’t know if I was gonna get home alive.
这是我第一次觉得
It was the first time I felt
自己住的街区如此陌生
like I didn’t belong in my own neighborhood.
整个世界都在变化
The whole world was changing,
我不知道哪里可以容下我
and I didn’t know where I fit in.
在过去两年中 金博士一直
Dr. King has been a buffer the last two years,
在黑人和白人社会间起着缓冲作用
between the black community and the white community.
白人们并不了解
The white people do not know it,
但他们最好的朋友已经死了
but the white people’s best friend is dead.
黑人群众的领袖 我们的摩西
The black people’s leader, our Moses,
半世纪难得一遇的领袖
the once in a four-or-five-hundred year leader,
因为仇恨和痛苦而离开了我们
has been taken from us by hatred and bitterness.
即便在此时此刻
Even as I stand at this hour,
我也不能允许仇恨侵蚀我的心
I cannot even allow hate to enter my heart at this time,
因为杀死他的不是恶意 而是病态
for it was sickness, not meanness, that killed him.
妈 我房♥间好粉
Ma… my room’s pink.
一定得多吃点我做的红薯 卡萝
Make sure you get some more of my sweet potatoes, Carol.
我做红薯的时候加了点橙汁
I use orange juice when I make them,
所以味道是酸的
that’s what make them so… tart.
你们约会多久了
How long y’all been dating?
-五年了 -我们只是朋友
– Five years. – We’re just friends.
你们其他同学
Is, uh, all the rest of the students
也都参与政♥治♥活动吗
are they getting involved in politics, too?
有不同的派别 有分歧 妈妈
There’s been a division. Kind of a split, Ma.
有些人 比如约翰·刘易斯
A few of them, like John Lewis,
他们仍然…
they’re still…
我爱死约翰·刘易斯了
I love John Lewis.
你怎么知道约翰·刘易斯
How you know who John Lewis is?
亲爱的 因为我看《尊翔》杂♥志♥
‘Cause, honey, I read “Jet” magazine.
我不是一天到晚都坐那里给你缝衣服
I’m not just sitting up there sewing for you all day.
我受够了动不动就被关进监狱的日子
I’m sick and tired of getting thrown in jail.
看来我们还是有共同语言的 是吧
Yeah, well, that makes two of us, don’t it?
金博士的理论最终给自己招来杀身之祸
Dr. King’s philosophy ultimately got him murdered.
初期时很有效果
It worked when we started,
但现在应该采取下一步行动了
but… now it’s time to take the next step,
那就是政♥治♥
which is politics.
这么说你们要去白宫了
So you’ll going to the White House now?
爸爸 路易斯要去白宫了
Daddy, Louis’ going to the White House.
你知道如果你光着膀子
You know they ain’t gonna let you in there
他们是不会让你进去的
with them nipples out.
露一个还可以 两个肯定不行
Maybe one, but not both of ’em.
闭嘴 我们更趋向草根行动
Shut up. Nah, we’re… we’re more grass roots.
在社区内进行一对一游说
One-on-one with the community.
不过我们开始成立自己的政党了
Although we have started our own political party.
你是什么党
What’s your party?
你想开派对吗
You like to party?
英文”政党”与”派对”是同一个词语
我想派对 你的派对叫什么
I like to party. What’s your party called?
黑豹党
The Black Panther Party.
这算什么名字 有什么意义吗
What kind of name is that? What’s that stand for?
我们为儿童提供免费早餐
We… provide free breakfast for children,
免费医疗 免费衣物 自卫课程
free medical clinics, free clothing, self-defense classes.
为什么需要自卫
And why you’ll need self-defense?
我们再也不要挨打了
We ain’t gettin’ beat no more.
你♥爸♥和我那天晚上看了场好电影
Me and your daddy saw a wonderful movie the other night.
让我们想起了你
Reminded me so much of you.
是吗
Oh, yeah?
那部电影叫什么来着 亲爱的
What was the name of that movie, honey?
《炎热的夜晚》
“In the Heat of the Night.”
《炎热的夜晚》
“In the Heat… of the Night”,
西德尼·波蒂埃主演
with Sidney Poitier.
西德尼·波蒂埃 我爱死西德尼·波蒂埃了
Lord, Sidney Poitier. I love Sidney Poitier.
西德尼·波蒂埃是白人意淫中我们的形象

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!