1957年
艾森豪威尔当政时期
如果有必要的话
If it comes to it, yes.
任何情况下我都不打算对南方动武
I can’t see any situation where I’d send federal troops to the South.
绝不 会激起第二次内战的
Ever. Could cause another Civil War.
美国黑人学生琳达·布朗因当地学校拒绝黑人入学
而状告当地地方教育局 法♥院♥裁定学校行为违宪 勒令其取消种族隔离制
总统先生 如果连联邦政♥府♥
Sir, if the federal government
都不支持布朗案 还有谁会支持
doesn’t enforce Brown, then who will?
南方各州必须遵守法律
The South must comply with the law.
他们只是需要适应的时间
It’s just gonna take some time to adjust, that’s all.
我理解 总统先生
I understand, Mr. President,
如果福布斯继续阻碍此决议 我们又要作何反应
but if Faubus continues to block the Negro children, then what do we do?
我们必须坚持宪法不动摇
We must enforce the Constitution.
再给福布斯一些时间
Give Faubus more time.
只要稍稍施压 他一定会妥协的
With a little persuading, he’ll back down.
我们只是想慢慢来
We just want to move slowly.
-怎么样 -我差点尿裤子
– How’d it go? – I almost shit myself.
我原来的马子 每次我打她的时候她就会尿裤子
I dated a girl once. Every time I hit her, she shit herself.
-干吗啊 -胡说八道
– What? – Got no sense.
-闭嘴 -你闭嘴
– Shut up. – You shut up.
被扔毛巾的可是我
I put a towel down.
玛塞拉昨天说了一模一样的话
You know, Marcella said the very same thing last night
就在我让她长眠之前
just before I put her to sleep.
-你把她…-就像我杀埃德那样
– Wow. You put her… – Just like I did Ed.
一招毙命
I’d do it real quick.
-走开 -干吗啊
– See you! – Why?
真是的 满沙发都是爆米花
Dang… Got the popcorn all over the sofa.
你♥爸♥肯定要杀了…
Your dad’s gonna kill…

Hey,Dad.
-盖恩斯先生 -爸
– Hi, Mr. Gaines. – Hey, Dad.
你好 伊乐瑞
Hey, Elroy.
路易斯 我告诉过你不要让他们看这种电影
Louis, I told you about letting these kids watch that show.
过于恐怖了 他们还太小
It’s too scary. They’re too young for it.
关掉
Turn it off.
只要你的一个微笑
All you got to do is smile pretty,
任何男人都会忘乎所以
and a man will forget everything he ever learned.
妈妈在哪
Where your mama at?
歌♥莉娅小姐熬不住了 就先睡了
Miss Gloria tried staying up, but she went to sleep.
伊乐瑞 我没问你
Elroy, ain’t nobody asked you nothing.
在你妈妈来我们家发飙之前
Take your butt home before your mama come up in here
赶紧回你自己家去
and whup the both of us.
-拜托了 爸 -快去
– Come on, Dad. – Go on.
-再见 -关掉电视
– Bye. – Turn it off.
上楼梯小点声 别把你妈弄醒了
Don’t go stomping up the stairs, wake your mama up.
那是什么
What is that?
是宣传玛米·蒂尔的吗
Is that that Mamie Till stuff?
-我也想去 -绝对不行
– I want to go to this. – Absolutely not.
为什么
How come?
一点好处都没有
Ain’t no good can come of that.
爸 你也听到妈怎么说的了
Dad, you heard what Mama said?
这种破事只会发生在南方
That mess right there happened down South.
-也可能发生在我身上 -只会在南方发生
– This could have been me. – It happened down South.
我离开了那里就是为了我们能活得更好
I got out of there so we could have us a better life.
现在我为白人工作 让我们生活得更好
Right now, I’m working for the white man, make things better for us.
而且还不是一般的白人
And not just any white man, either.
关灯睡觉去
Put the lights off. Go to bed.
这是您的鸡汤 总统先生
I have your chicken soup, Mr. President.
放桌上吧 塞西尔
Just set it on the table, Cecil.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
你完成学业了么 塞西尔
Did you ever complete school, Cecil?
我没上过学 总统先生
I didn’t go to school, Mr. President.
我是在一个棉花农场长大的
I grew up on a cotton farm.
我也是在农场长大的
I grew up on a farm.
你有孩子吗
Do you have any children?
是的 先生 我有两个儿子
Yes, sir, I have two sons.
他们是去读种族学校吗
Do they go to an all-colored school?
是的 先生
Yes, sir, they do.
出什么事了
What is it?
州警又一次拦截了有色人种学生
State Guard just blocked all the colored kids again.
福布斯向我保证说州警会护送学生返回
Faubus promised me the guards would escort the kids in.
阿肯色州长[即福布斯]在说谎 总统先生
Governor of Arkansas lied, Mr. President.
他到底想怎样 非逼我这样做不可吗
What is wrong with him? Why is he forcing me to do this?
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
我们的下一个行动需要果断迅速
Our next move needs to be bold and swift.
今天在这里 我要宣读一份行政命令
I have today issued an executive order
即日起 联邦授权下的军队
directing the use of troops under federal authority
有权在阿肯色州小岩城展开行动
to aid in the execution of federal law
以保障联邦法案的施行
at Little Rock, Arkansas.
此项决议十分必要…
This became necessary…
总统派军队进驻小岩城
When the president sent those troops down to Little Rock,
这是我首次目睹一位白人为了黑人挺身而出
it was the first time I ever seen a white man stick his neck out for us.
我告诉路易斯总统一定会让我们的处境好起来的
I told Louis that the president was gonna make things better for us.
毕业典礼太磨叽 她真爱管闲事
All graduations are long. She was so nosy.
我去做些土豆沙拉
I’m gonna make some potato salad.
现在他应该知道我是对的了
Now he could see that I knew what I was talking about.
你做的真棒 我为你感到骄傲
That was wonderful. I’m so proud of you.
-谢谢 妈妈 -那帽子够傻的
– Thanks, Mama. – That hat looks stupid.
你长得也够傻的
Your face looks stupid.
-我也为你骄傲 -爸 你看到…
– Proud of you, too. – Dad, did you see…
别自找麻烦
Don’t start something in there.
你看到我们学校有哪怕一个白人学生吗
Did you see one white kid in my school?
为什么路易斯就看不到
Why couldn’t Louis see
总统先生已经改善了我们的处境呢
that the president made things better for us?
-谢谢 -要饼干吗
– Thank you. – Cookie?
-有饼干 -谢谢
– Cookies. – Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
我说了我们就要迟到了
Boy, I told you we was gonna be late!
你不能错过这趟车
You cannot miss this bus!
-上帝啊 -稍等 稍等
– Oh, Lord have mercy. – Wait, a sec. Wait, wait, wait.
-怎么了 -我们得告别吧
– What? – Got to say good-bye.
做车不着急
Bus can wait.
田纳西州离家很远 小子
Tennessee is a long ways away, Pop.
菲斯克是个很好的学校 爸
Fisk is a really good school, Dad.
你现在还来得及改主意去霍华德
You can change your mind and go to Howard.
都这时候了你居然还在念叨霍华德大学
I cannot believe you are still talking about Howard University.
-他要去菲斯克 -我知道 我只是
– He’s going to Fisk. – I know, I know. It’s just…
只是觉得有点远 就这样
It’s just so far away, that’s all.
-那正是意义所在 -什么意义
– That’s the point. – What’s the point?
给我支烟 别跟我说你不抽
Give me a cigarette, and don’t tell me you don’t smoke.
-我真的没有 -过来
– I don’t have one. – Come here.
-想哭就哭吧 -才不为你哭呢
– You know you want to cry, punk. – Not for you.
我在你的床垫下面留了点好东西
Look under your mattress. I left you something.
-他在南方我没法保护他 -南方已经变了 塞西尔
– I can’t protect him down South. – The South has changed, Cecil.
成人杂♥志♥对我来说还早了点
I’m too young for Playboy.
南方已经不是你当时见到的样子了
The South ain’t what it was when you was there.
妈 路易斯把他的黄书留给我了
Ma, Louis is leaving me his filthy magazines.
-别诬陷你哥 -你打他干吗
– Stop lying on your brother. – Why you slapping him?
有黄书的不是路易斯吗
He’s the one with the magazines.
-我爱你 妈妈 -我也爱你 儿子
– I love you, Mama. – I love you, son.
-我爱你 路易斯 -我也爱你
– I love you, Louis. – I love you.
-我给你做了份火腿三明治 -谢谢 妈
– I made you ham sandwiches. – Thanks, Mama.
来吧 爸
Come on, Dad.
你是长子
You’re the first.
我知道
I know.
我真心为你骄傲
I’m really proud of you.
我得走了 爸
I got to go, Dad.
我真得…
I gotta…
需要什么就给我打电♥话♥
If you need anything, you call me.
再见 妈
Bye, Mama.
再见 路易斯
Bye, Louis.
没事的
It’s all right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!