基♥督♥山伯爵
1815年
拿破仑称帝后又再次失去了皇位
多年的革命和战争使法国精疲力竭
在路易十八的统治下,法国努力与邻国和睦相处
与此同时,”小班长”(意大利人给拿破仑的绰号♥) 被流放到了厄尔巴岛
但他富有传奇色彩的人生依然使他深受人♥民♥喜爱
他的忠实追随者们仍积极策划以期他重新掌权
先生,请允许我告知您
I wish to report, sir,
一艘小船在离岛3里格(约15公里)处见到了法老号♥
a small boat met the Pharaon, three leagues off the island.
我已将信交给黎克勒船长
I delivered the letter into the hands of Captain Leclere.
他们说国王已经准备好开战了
They say the king is prepared for war.
朕亦然
So is the emperor.
继续抽水!加速!
Maintain the pump and gather oil!
是!
Aye, aye!
操纵中帆!
Man the main topsail!
操纵中帆!
Man the topsail!
船长,吃药
Here, Captain, take these.
不,我不想再吃药了
No. No more pills.
等我抵达港口时,是作为船长呢?
Will I reach port as captain or…
还是鱼食呢?
…fish bait?
– 您发烧了 – 我知道
– Well, sir, your fever, uh– – Yes, I know I have a fever.
– 邓蒂斯在哪? – 他这就来
– Where’s Dantes? – He’s coming, sir.
准备抛掉甲板货物!
Standby to carry the deck cargo!
这船货可值12051.30法郎啊!
That cargo? It’s worth 12,051 francs and 30 cents!
如果船沉了,值再多又有什么用!
What good is it if the ship goes down?
如果黎克勒船长指挥,船就不会沉!
If Captain Leclere was on that, the ship wouldn’t go down!
只要我还是这艘船的押运员–
And as long as I’m super-cargo on this ship–
你离甲板远点!
You’ll stay off the quarterdeck!
黎克勒船长想见你
Captain Leclere wants to see you.
医生说立刻!
The doctor said to come at once!
他认为我快死了
He thinks I’m going to die.
这是他20年来第一次说对了
For the first time in 20 years, he’s right.
不,他没有,先生
No, he isn’t, sir.
您该不会让我首次指挥船舶就面临这样的暴风雨吧?
You wouldn’t leave me in command for the first time
with a storm like this on my hands, now, would you?
这艘老船知道你在掌舵
The old ship knows your hand on the wheel.
会服从你的
She’ll obey you.
但他想把货物都扔进海里!
But he wants to throw the deck cargo overboard!
一艘船上不能有两个船长,邓格拉司
Can’t be two captains on one ship, Danglars.
我想和邓蒂斯单独谈谈
I want to talk to Dantes alone.
这是我作为船长的最后一次命令
I’m giving my last command as captain.
把这交给一个人
Deliver this to a man you will see.
他在等着法老号♥船长把东西带给他
He’s expecting the captain of the Pharaon to bring it to him.
可是他是谁,先生?这上面没有地址
But who is he, sir? There’s– There’s no address.
他将用一个词向你表明他的身份:
He’ll make himself known to you by one word:
厄尔巴岛
Elba.
厄尔巴岛?
Elba?
雨听起来挺大的,上面情况怎么样?
Sounds pretty heavy. How is it up there?
我们遇上飓风了,先生
Blowing up for a hurricane, sir.
那!
There!
马赛(法国港口城市)
王室法官今早不是太饿
King’s magistrate’s not so hungry this morning.
只让断头台斩了十颗首级作为他的早膳
The guillotine will send him only 10 heads for breakfast.
他们根本没做什么该被砍头的事
They’ve done nothing to deserve having their heads chopped off.
除了爱戴那位总是保护他们的流亡皇帝
Nothing except love their exiled emperor who always protected ’em.
说话小心点吧
Watch your mouth.
不然他们也会把你的头装进篓筐里
They’ll have your head in the basket, too.
查明何事如此喧嚣
Find out what that’s about.
法老号♥回来了,正在进港
The Pharaon’s been sighted. She’s coming in now.
看,我跟你们说过,上帝与我们同在
See? I told you heaven was with our cause.
毋须多时,先生们,每个拿破仑的忠实追随者
Very soon, gentlemen, every loyal follower of Napoleon
都能再次昂首挺胸
will be able to raise his head once more.
您要去接风并联♥系♥黎克勒吗?
Will you meet the ship and contact Leclere?
不,王室法官可能也会去接风
Oh! Oh, no! The– the king’s magistrate might meet the ship, too.
我可不能让他看见我
I can’t afford to have him catch sight of me, can I?
我必须在此藏身至日落之后
No, no, I must remain in hiding here until after sunset.
停车,马塞尔
Stop right here, Marcel.
你可能喜欢跟这些卖♥♥鱼妇打交道,但我不
You may enjoy mingling with these fishwives. I don’t.
我在费尔南的办公室等你
I’ll wait for you in Fernand’s office.
或许你愿意和那个水手在一起,但别指望我同意
You may run along to this sailor. But without my consent.
知道了,母亲
Yes, Mother.
降主帆和后桅帆!
Clear up the main and mizzen royals!
降慢点
Steady as she goes.
黎克勒死了?
Leclere dead?
打扰一下
Excuse me.
早安,莫莱尔先生
Good morning, Mr. Morrel.
早安,德·罗萨斯小姐,我就知道你会来的
Good morning, Mme de Rosas. I thought you’d be here.
那就是法老号♥吧?
That is the Pharaon, isn’t it?
是的
Yes.
真是女大不由娘!
What can a mother do with a daughter? Nothing!
你是个官员,你一定得阻止她跟那个水手的破事
You’re an official. You’ve got to stop this sailor business.
你就不能不让法老号♥入港停泊吗?
Can’t you refuse to have the Pharaon enter the harbor?
让它到别的口岸,或使它沉没什么的
Send it to another port? Have it sink? Or something.
我是海关官员,不是海洋统治者
I’m collector of customs, not ruler of the sea.
我说的就是习俗,一种恶习
Well, it’s a custom I’m talking about, a bad custom!
注:英文中海关与习俗两词基本相同
一位淑女爱上了个水手,哼
A lady in love with a sailor.
只是她一时痴情罢了
It’s merely a young girl’s infatuation.
邓蒂斯在她心中是位英雄
She sees a hero in Dantes.
那你在她心里是什么?
And what does she see in you?
一个嘴上说爱她实际却坐视不理的男人
A man who protests loudly that he loves her and does nothing about it.
法老号♥上正降半旗
The Pharaon is flying the captain’s pennant at half-mast.
这说明黎克勒去世了
That means Leclere is dead.
离开前他就疾病缠身
He was ill before he left.
我就担心他会撑不住
I was afraid he wouldn’t last out the voyage.
那信怎么办?
Well, what about the letter?
在他起航前我们商定好了
We arranged before he sailed
如果发生意外,他会把信交给大副
if he got worse to transfer the letter to his first mate.
那个人叫,邓蒂斯
And that’s a man name, uh, Dantes.
叫什么无所谓
Well, well, well, whatever his name is,
注意他的动向,等他抵达适合见面的安全地点立刻通知我
keep a close eye on him and let me know
when he gets to a place where it’ll be safe for me to meet him.
爱德蒙,谢谢你把船平安带回家
Thank you, Edmond, for bringing the ship safely home.
我多希望黎克勒船长还没–
I wish Captain Leclere hadn’t–
他在海上逝去
He died at sea.
这是一名水手的归宿
A sailor doesn’t ask for more.
没错,先生
No, sir.
你们在厄尔巴岛停靠过?
You stopped off Elba?
是啊,先生
Yes, sir.
有封信?
There was a letter?
您怎么知道?
Why? What do you know about it?
你知不知道信里说些什么?
What do you know about it?
一无所知,船长把信交给我,让我交给一个人
Nothing, sir, except that Captain Leclere
gave it to me to deliver to some man.
船长说那个人会自己表明身份
He said he’d make himself known to me.
爱德蒙,让他来找你
Let him find you, Edmond.
现在马赛到处都是间谍
Marseilles is full of the king’s spies.
那几乎与我无关吧,先生
Well, that hardly concerns me, does it, sir?
我只是遵守船长的遗愿
I’m only carrying out the captain’s orders.
您要查看航海记录吗?
Would you like to go over the log with me?
你是不是忘了有位美女在马赛的码头等你?
While you keep the most beautiful lady
in Marseilles waiting on the dock?
她在码头?
On the dock?
我在这等你,邓蒂斯船长
I’ll be here when you come back, Captain Dantes.
船长?
Captain?
对,邓蒂斯船长
Yes, Captain Dantes.
从现在起,由你指挥法老号♥
From now on, you’re in command of the Pharaon.
哦!先生
Oh, sir!
激动的心情留给她吧
You keep that enthusiasm for her.
好的
Yes, sir.
我害怕– 怕–
I was afraid that– that–
怕我会忘了你?
That I had forgotten you?

Yes.
你应该忘了我
You really ought to, you know?
如果我忘不掉呢?
What if I can’t?
那,我应该为此做些表示
Well, I think something ought to be done about it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!