我不做无把握之事
Oh, I invest only in certainties.
欧洲排的上号♥的银行都会给我发每日电报,这是一项我个人出资的服务
Every European banking house of major importance
sends me a daily telegraph, a service I personally finance.
那英国海事会涨吗?
And, uh, British Maritime?
在未来两天内至少会上涨12个点
Will go up at least, uh, 12 points within the next two days.
如果您投资,收益会很丰厚
If you speculate, you might do well.
但也许您对我的建议还有疑虑
But perhaps you hesitate to take my advice.
当然不会!我敬爱的伯爵
Certainly not, my dear Count!
即使是银行家也不会嫌钱多嘛
Even a banker likes to add to his store of, um, pennies.
我会买♥♥五千– 额,一万支股票
Um, I’ll take, um, fi– er, 10,000 shares myself
以示我对您的信赖
to prove my confidence.
随便您,反正市场就在那
As you wish. The market’s open.
祝您早上愉快,男爵
Good morning, Baron.
也祝您早上愉快,阁下
Uh, good morning, Excellency.
我的办公室、我的储备金、我的–
My office, my reserves, my– my–
反正一切都听您使唤
Well, everything I have is at your service.
受人尊敬的邓格拉司男爵是
The respected Baron Danglars, eh?
骗子
Cheat.
伪君子
Hypocrite.
小人
Skunk.
小人
Skunk.
然后上涨了
And up it went.
正如他所说的那样,两天内涨了12个点
Twelve points in two days, exactly as he said.
我就把股票给卖♥♥了
I sold.
你赚了十二万法郎
And profited 120,000 francs.
却什么都没对我们说
And never let us profit.
要是你们损失了钱
Oh, suppose I’d have risked your money and lost.
早就开始怨声载道了
How you’d have cried. You always do.
那下次别忘了
Well, next time–
下次他通过你买♥♥进股票时–
If his buying orders go through you–
好好好,他什么时候买♥♥我们就什么时候买♥♥
Yes, yes, yes. When he buys, we buy.
他什么时候卖♥♥我们也什么时候卖♥♥
When he sells, we sell.
非常简单实在
Perfectly simple and perfectly honest.
而且他还邀请我投资呢
Besides, he’s invited me to participate.
并且给了我建议
Gives me tips.
我觉得他挺喜欢我的
I think he likes me.
蒙台格因为自负没有看到我的动机
Mondego’s vanity will blind him to my motives.
邓格拉司利欲熏心已经快成为待宰羔羊
Danglars we’ll stuff with profits till we’re ready to pluck the goose.
但德·维尔福精明得很
But de Villefort is shrewd.
如果他起疑
If he should get suspicious,
派他那帮特务跟踪我的话
and put his pack of secret service agents on my trail–
请进
Come in.
阁下,弗克先生到访
Mssr. Fouquet to see Your Excellency.
弗克先生!
Mssr. Fouquet!
你听说过他?
You know who he is?
谁不知道他是欧洲最好的侦探
Who doesn’t? The greatest detective in Europe!
– 请弗克先生进来吧 – 但–
– Show Mssr. Fouquet in. – But, uh–
我们来看看他是否名副其实
We’ll find out if he lives up to his reputation.
阁下
Your Excellency.
这位是雅各布先生,我的知己
Oh, this is Mssr. Jacopo, my personal confidant.
您无须顾忌
You’re at liberty to speak.
我刚从马赛回来
I just returned from Marseilles
获得了爱德蒙·邓蒂斯从出生到死亡的完整档案
with a complete record of Edmond Dantes from his birth to his death.
他已经死了?
He is dead, then?
是的
Yes.
我发现他在被记录为死亡之后还活了16年
I found that he’d lived for 16 years
after he was entered as dead in the record.
但最后他在巧妙的越狱途中被淹死了
But finally he was drowned while cleverly trying to effect his escape.
所以确定他淹死了?
There can be no doubt, then? He drowned?
得发生奇迹他才能从麻袋里出来
It would be a miracle if he got out of that sack.
但是–
But, uh–
但是?
But?
我很惊讶弗克先生竟然会说出“但是”这个词
I’m surprised to hear you use a “but”, Mssr. Fouquet.
我有消息称他还活着
I am informed that he lived
被一艘意大利走私船所救
and was picked up by Italian smugglers,
成为了他们的一员
becoming a member of their crew.
嗯,有可能,但–
Well, it’s possible, but–
抱歉
Excuse me.
如果确有可能,我一定会找到他
I just said that it might be possible, but if it is, I’ll find him!
吓死我了
He gave me a scare.
我不知道他是为你工作的
I didn’t know he was working for you.
我可不能让他为别人工作
I couldn’t afford to have him working for anyone else, now could I?
我必须弄清楚他们的能耐
I must find out what they can find out about me.
我在帮德·维尔福节省精力呢
I’m saving de Villefort the trouble.
总有一天我会让他知道我是谁
The time will come when I’ll want him to know who I am.
我会毫不犹豫地把情报交给他
I’ll hand him the information on a silver platter.
你的这种调查行为很不好!
This investigation business has gotten to be an awful habit with you!
你甚至调查你自己!
You even investigate yourself!
你想要所有人都知道你是谁吗?
You want everyone to know who you are?
将来我会告诉全世界
One day I’ll want to publish it to the whole world.
所以明天,我打算去买♥♥一家报社
So tomorrow, I’m going to buy a newspaper.
在我家约会?
Using my house as a rendezvous, eh?
你父亲怎么说?
What’ll your father say to that?
我们很不希望他们发现我们在约会
If you knew how desperately we try to meet each other unobserved.
– 可以吗?- 请随意
– Shall I? – Please.
我有个主意
I have an idea.
是说服我们的父亲同意我们的婚礼吗?
Is it a plan to reconcile our fathers to our marriage?
你是唯一能做到的人
You’re the only one who can do it.
他们对你钦佩不已
They’re bursting with admiration for you.
真的吗?
Really?
可我的主意并不是这个
Well, this is a different plan.
为了报答巴黎人♥民♥对我的好意,我要举办一场舞会
To repay the kindness shown to me in Paris, I’m giving a ball.
我的贵宾则是我第一个巴黎朋友的父亲
My guest of honor is to be the father of my first Parisian friend,
德·蒙台格伯爵
Count de Mondego.
我父亲一定会感到荣幸至极
Oh, how Father will be puffed up about that.
我认为将其与阿尔巴尼亚特色
I thought it particularly apropos to combine with it
以及一系列代表阿里帕夏宫廷的场景结合起来特别合适
an Albanian pageant and series of tableaux
representing the court of Ali Pasha
那也正是你父亲获得非凡名誉的地方
at which your father gained such extraordinary fame and honors.
真令人兴奋啊,阿尔贝
Isn’t it exciting, Albert?
当然,这得征得你母亲的同意
Of course, I shall want your mother’s permission.
你能帮我问问吗?
Can you get it for me, do you think?
先生,恐怕你得亲自去问她
No, sir, I’m– I’m afraid you’ll have to get that yourself.
她想知道为什么你没再去拜访她
She wondered why you never called after that first day.
我当然乐意去了
Well, I shall be privileged.
明天下午可以吗?
Tomorrow afternoon?
好,公事结束,现在来谈谈你俩的未来
Well, now business is over, let’s talk about your future.
我父亲非常钦佩你
My father admires you so much.
如果你能让我父亲听得进道理就好了
If you could only get Father to listen to reason.
你不觉得–?
Don’t you think you could–?
死亡证明
姓名
年龄
职业
出生地
死亡地
父母
已婚或单身
伊夫堡监狱典狱长
证明人
爱德蒙·邓蒂斯
20岁
商船船长
马赛
伊夫堡监狱(越狱中被击毙)
单身
伊夫堡监狱
1824年3月15日
德·维尔福
我就知道会有这种东西
I thought there must be something like this somewhere.
我一直保存着它
I’ve had it ever since,
好多年了
for many years.
爱德蒙·邓蒂斯已经死了
Well, it speaks the truth. Edmond Dantes is dead.
那德·基♥督♥山伯爵是谁?他们长得太像了
Then, who is this Count de Monte Cristo who so closely resembles him?
只有你一个人觉得他们长得像
The resemblance has been noted by no one but you.
基♥督♥山伯爵是一个与
He is, in fact, to answer your question,
邓蒂斯完全不同的人
a person so utterly unlike a man named Dantes
他们的父母不同
that they might have been born of different parents.
他们的灵魂也不一样
Even the soul is not the same.
我信
I can believe that.
只有现在才是真实的
The present is the only time that holds the truth.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!