过去就是谎言,这个就是证据
The past is lies, with this for witness.
爱德蒙和美茜蒂丝曾经相爱是事实
It was once truth that Edmond and Mercedes loved each other.
但如今事实已不属实
Today that truth is false,
她真是幸运
and how fortunate it is.
现在的她不是普通水手的妻子了
For now we find her not a simple sailor’s wife,
而是伯爵夫人
but a countess,
贵族的配偶
consort of a noble,
而邓蒂斯
while Dantes,
结束了他的过往,开始了新生
one life finished, lives another.
对你来说过去很容易忘记
The past for you dies very easily.
容易?
Easily?
人死不能复生
What’s dead is dead.
我是个宿♥命♥论♥者
In that respect, I’m a fatalist.
那么宿♥命♥论♥伯爵先生,请告诉我
Then, tell me, Mssr. Fatalistic Count,
你内心渴望的是什么?
what does your heart crave now?
首先是智慧
Intelligence, first of all.
其次可能是得体地生活
Then, perhaps, simply to live gracefully.
所以为了得体
Hence the graceful gesture
你为我丈夫准备了一场豪华娱乐表演
of honoring my husband with a regal entertainment.

Yes.
为什么是我丈夫?
And why my husband out of all the others?
因为我很喜欢他儿子
Because I have a real affection for his son,
我在罗马偶然结识了他
whom I met by chance in Rome
更重要的是,我非常尊敬并钦佩他那迷人的妻子
and further, because I hold his charming wife
in great esteem and admiration.
请原谅我一直不相信你的动机
Forgive me for ever mistrusting your motives.
从今以后,德·基♥督♥山伯爵和德·蒙台格伯爵夫人
Henceforth, the Count de Monte Cristo and the Countess de Mondego
见面问候时,除了与他们社会地位相称的空洞、无意义的恭维之外什么也不说
will meet and greet each other
with nothing but the airy, meaningless compliments
that befit their social position.
那爱德蒙·邓蒂斯呢?
And Edmond Dantes?
他死了,我已经忘记他了
Is dead. I have forgotten him.
很好
Good.
我期待以后能有幸接待最高贵的伯爵夫人
I shall look forward to receiving the most gracious Countess as my guest.
感谢您给予我们如此重大的荣耀
I appreciate the significant honor you are bestowing on both the Count
同时愿意为您效劳
and your obedient servant.
弗勒·德·库尔侯爵与侯爵夫人
The Marquis and Marquise of Fleur-de-Couer…
巴比松上校先生
Mssr. le Colonel Barbizan.
啊,阿里帕夏
Ah, my Ali Pasha.
他们在法兰西喜剧院帮我化妆了两小时
It took them two hours at the Comedie Francaise to put on my makeup.
我的胡子够长吗?
Is my beard long enough?
我觉得很完美,但蒙台格应该比我更清楚
To me, perfect, but Mondego would know more about that.
他扮的像吗?
How does he look to you?
形神兼备,很不错,确实很不错
Remarkable. Excellent. Very good. Very good indeed.
谢谢你
Thank you.
沃辛厄姆大公
The Great Duke of Worthingham.
奢华,实在是太奢华了!
Lavish, that’s what it is, lavish!
您是巴黎唯一一位不用担心开销的人
You are the only man in Paris that never counts the cost!
但邓格拉司你可不是
Except you, Danglars.
邓格拉司男爵,您认识德·蒙台格伯爵吗?
Oh, Baron Danglars, you’ve met Count de Mondego?
– 我们认识 – 当然认识
– Yes. – Ooh, of course, of course.
我们三个最初都来自马赛
All three of us originally came from Marseilles.
真的吗?
Really?
一个城市居然出了三位人杰
To think that one city boasts the birth place of three such eminent men.
我希望有一天我也能有幸为您办一场舞会,德·维尔福先生
I hope I may have the privilege one day
of entertaining in your honor, too, Mssr. de Villefort.
您太客气了
You’re too kind.
邓格拉司男爵
And, Baron Danglars,
我也在为您准备一场类似的活动,希望到时能让您满意
I am planning for you a similar affair which I hope will do you justice.
噢,天哪,真是不胜感激
Ooh, my, my, my! I– I shall be most grateful.
我绝不会怠慢三位
One, two, three of you I must honor.
先告辞了
Will you excuse me?
他人真不错啊
Isn’t he amazing, eh?
– 本肖普 – 晚上好,阁下
– Beauchamp. – Good evening, Excellency.
当我买♥♥下你的报社时,我跟你说过有时需要刊登一些真♥相♥
When I bought your newspaper, I told you from time to time
I’d give you certain truths to print.
密切关注事态发展,之后来找我
Watch closely what goes on, then seek me out.
第一个场景表现的是德·蒙台格伯爵阁下
The first tableau portrays His Excellency the Count de Mondego,
向阿里帕夏递交他担任法国大使的国书
presenting his credentials as French ambassador to Ali Pasha.
好!好!
Bravo! Bravo!
好!
Bravo!
接下来我们将看到阿里帕夏在他的后宫
We will now see Ali Pasha in his harem.
艾米丽你看!
Look, Emily!
霍顿斯·德布莱和雷尼·拉托尔
There’s Hortense DeBre and Reni Latour.
她俩都是蒙台格的情妇
Both have been mistresses of Mondego.
这不是阿里帕夏的后宫,而是蒙台格的
This isn’t Ali Pasha’s harem, it’s Mondego’s.
海黛公主,你现在去混入来宾
Princess Haydee, go now and mingle with the guests.
等帷幕拉开后
After the curtains part,
找准时机迅速跑上舞台
look carefully at the tableau then run quickly onto the stage
响亮、清晰地说出你想说的话
and speak in a loud, clear voice whatever comes to your lips.
最后的场景是
The final tableau represents
德·蒙台格伯爵英勇地尝试从
Count de Mondego’s valiant but vain efforts
土耳其人手中拯救阿里帕夏,但失败了
to save the life of Ali Pasha at the hands of the Turks.
– 好!- 好!
– Bravo! – Bravo!
好!
Bravo!
胡扯!
That’s a lie!
我是阿里帕夏的女儿
I am Ali Pasha’s daughter.
德·蒙台格伯爵背叛了他!也背叛了法国!
The Count de Mondego betrayed him! Betrayed France!
他把我父亲出♥卖♥♥♥给了土耳其人
Sold my father to the Turks,
土耳其人付钱让他将我父亲置于死地!
who paid him money to arrange my father’s death!
他杀了所有证人
Then he killed all the witnesses
并把我跟我母亲当做奴隶卖♥♥了!
and sold me and my mother into slavery!
是你杀死了我的父亲!
You killed my father!
女士,请离开!
Mme, please! Please!
德·蒙台格伯爵、诸位贵宾
Count de Mondego, honored guests,
很抱歉出现了突发状况
please forgive this unfortunate occurrence.
这个疯女人是蒙混过关的
This fanatic woman entered here under veiled disguise.
我已经将其逮捕
I have ordered her arrest.
每个杰出的人都免不了被诋毁
Every great man is attacked by crazed imposters.
我希望德·蒙台格伯爵能接受我诚挚的歉意
I hope that Count de Mondego will accept
the deep apologies of my house.
他的英勇事迹名垂青史
His valiant record is a matter of history.
我们应当表示敬意
We are here to do him honor.
那个疯女人是谁?
Who was that crazy woman?
我带她来让您问话
I’ll have her brought to you for questioning.
不,不,不,不必了
Oh, no, no. Don’t, don’t. Please don’t.
我们还是忘了这件事吧
It’s perhaps best to forget the whole affair.
您真是宽宏大量
That’s very kind of you.
大家都跳起舞来吧
Shall we not dance?
太荒谬了
How perfectly ridiculous.
真让你吃惊了,亲爱的
What a shock for you, my dear.
基♥督♥山处理得多好啊
How charmingly Monte Cristo handled it.
阁下!
Excellency!
本肖普,我正在找你呢
Beauchamp, i was looking for you.
有个人带着上锁的公文箱在你办公室等你
A man is waiting at your office with a locked dispatch box
这是钥匙
for which this is the key.
里面有已署名的证据可以证明刚才那人是真的海黛公主而且她说的是实话
The box contains signed evidence and testimony
that this is the real Princess Haydee and that what she said is true.
全力报道此事
Devote your entire paper to it.
为发行量暴涨做好准备
Prepare for a jump in circulation
派专差从出版社将第一份拷贝送到德·蒙台格伯爵手中
and deliver the first copy off the press by special messenger
into the hands of Count de Mondego.
抱歉耽误了时间,但我急需伯爵的建议
I regret the hour, but I have urgent need of the Count’s advice.
他刚就寝,阁下
He has just retired, Your Excellency.
现在我不能打扰他
I shouldn’t dare disturb him now.
不过,他总是六点起床
However, he always rises at six.
我等着
I’ll wait.
阿尔巴尼亚公主揭露了蒙台格伯爵
提供了证明此丑闻的宣誓书
精彩舞会上的突发事件
阿里帕夏的仆人伊本·赛义德关于德·蒙台格伯爵罪行的证词
蒙台格为了钱将我的主人出♥卖♥♥♥给了土耳其人
土耳其人包围王宫的时候我就在现场
伊本·赛义德
你起得真早,蒙台格
You’re up early, Mondego.
你在哪?
Where are you?
别干蠢事,你只有一发子弹而且肯定打不中
Don’t shoot. You’ve only one bullet and would surely miss.
你在哪儿?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!