面朝后方
…facing backwards.
那不是因为他跌倒的关系吗
Didn’t happen in the fall?
有可能
It’s possible.
-但可能性 -非常低
-Possible, however… -Unlikely.
没错
Exactly.
一方面这是巫术杀人
So on the one hand, we’ve got a witchcraft kind of murder…
另一方面出现亵渎教会的黑弥撒
…and on the other hand, a black mass-type desecration in the church.
你觉得凶手就是亵渎者
You think the killer and the desecrator are the same?
或许凶手是个疯子
Maybe somebody crazy…
对教会不满的人
…somebody with a spite against the Church.
在潜意识中他是个叛徒
Some unconscious rebellion.
你是指变♥态♥神父吗
A sick priest, is that it?
听着 神父 你一定很难接受 拜托 我了解
Look, Father, this is hard for you. Please, I understand…
在校园的众多神父里 你是心理医生
…but for priests on the campus here, you’re the psychiatrist.
你知道谁有病 谁没病
You’d know who was sick at the time, who wasn’t.
你会知道这样的变♥态♥心理
I mean, this kind of sickness, you’d know that.
我不知道谁符合这样的特质
I don’t know anyone who fits that description.
医生的道德原则 就算知道 你也不会说吧
Doctor’s ethics. If you knew, you wouldn’t tell, huh?
对 我不会说的
No, I probably wouldn’t.
我不是拿问题来烦你 但身为心理医生
Not to bother you with trivia, but a psychiatrist…
你该住在充满阳光的加州 而不是
…in sunny California, no less…
因为不告诉警♥察♥ 病人做了什么好事
…was put in jail for not telling the police
而被关在牢里
what he knew about a patient.
-你在威胁我吗 -不 我只是顺道提一下
-Is that a threat? -No, I mention it only in passing.
真巧 我也得顺道提一下
Incidentally, I mention it only in passing…
我可以跟法官说病人在跟我告解
…I could always tell the judge it was a matter of confession.
神父 等一下
Hey, Father, wait a minute.
-你喜欢电影吗 -非常喜欢
-Do you like movies? -Very much.
我有全城最棒的电影院通行证
Well, I get passes to the best shows in town.
但我老婆累了 她不想去看电影
Mrs. K, though, you know, she gets tired, never likes to go.
-真可惜 -对 我不喜欢一个人看电影
-That’s too bad. -Yeah, I hate to go alone.
我喜欢聊电影
I love to talk film…
讨论跟批评
…discuss, to critique.
你要跟我去看电影吗 我有顶点戏院的《奥赛罗》通行证
You want to see a film with me? I got passes to the Crest. It’s Othello.
-主角是谁 -主角是谁
-Who’s in it? -Who’s in it?
黛比雷诺演黛丝梦娜
Debbie Reynolds, Desdemona,
格鲁乔马克斯演奥赛罗 可以吗
and Othello, Groucho Marx. You happy?
我看过了
-I’ve seen it. -Ah.
最后一次 你觉得哪些神父符合嫌犯特征
One last time. You can think of some priest who fits the bill?
-少来了 -不 回答问题 偏执狂神父
-Come on. -No, answer the question, Father Paranoia.
好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
-你知道我认为凶手是谁吗 -谁
-You know who I think really did it? -Who?
道明会神父 去抓他们吧
The Dominicans. Go pick on them.
我可以将你递解出境 你知道吗
I could have you deported, you know that?
我说诺
I lied.
你看起来像萨尔米尼诺
You look like Sal Mineo.
贝林杰医疗基金会
这种疾病现在非常罕见
It looks like a type of disorder that’s, uh, rarely ever seen anymore…
只有在原始文化才看得到
…except in primitive cultures.
我们称之为梦游式附身
We call it, uh, somnambular-form possession.
老实说我们对这种症状了解不多
Quite frankly, we really don’t know much about it at all…
只知道起源是冲突或罪恶感
…except that it starts with a conflict or a guilt…
导致病人产生遭到附身的幻觉
…and it leads to the patient’s delusions that his body has been invaded…
以为自己被外星智慧生物附身
…by some alien intelligence. Um….
或是鬼魂
A spirit, if you will.
听着 我要再说一次 你们最好相信我
Look, I’m telling you again, and you’d better believe me…
我不会把她关在疯人院
…I am not going to lock her up in some goddamn asylum.
-那不是 -我不知道你们要怎么说
-Well, it’s out of… -And I don’t care what you call it.
我不会把她送走
I’m not putting her away.
对不起
Well, I’m sorry.
对不起 天啊
You’re sorry? Jesus Christ!
88个医生 你们只能跟我瞎扯一顿
Eighty-eight doctors, and all you can tell me with all your bullshit is….
当然还有一个机率不大的治疗方法
Of course, there is one outside chance for a cure.
我把它当成震撼治疗
But, um, I think of it as a shock treatment.
我说过机率真的不大
As I said, it’s a very outside chance…
你能直说吗 天啊 到底是什么
Would you just name it, for God’s sakes? What is it?
-你有任何宗教信仰吗 -没有
-Do you have any religious beliefs? -No.
你女儿呢
What about your daughter?
没有 为什么
No. Why?
你听说过驱魔吗
Have you ever heard of exorcism?
这是教会的仪式
Well, it’s a stylized ritual…
犹太牧师或神父会赶走
…in which the, uh, rabbi or the priest try to drive
所谓的入侵鬼魂
out the so-called invading spirit.
现在没有人会这么做了
It’s been pretty much discarded these days…
天主教除外
…except by the Catholics,
但他们不谈这些事 觉得这会丢他们的脸
who keep it in the closet as a sort of embarrassment.
但事实上它的效果不错
But it, uh, has worked, in fact…
当然不是他们真的把鬼赶跑了
…although not for the reasons they think, of course.
我们是利用这个方式暗示病人
It’s purely force of suggestion.
相信附身理论的病人导致症状加剧
The, uh… The victim’s belief in possession is what helped cause it…
所以相同地
…so in that same way…
相信驱魔力量能让症状消失
…the belief in the power of exorcism can make it disappear.
你是说我该带我女儿去找巫医
You’re telling me that I should take my daughter to a witch doctor.
是吗
Is that it?
卡尔
Karl?
你把这个放在芮根房♥里的吗
Did you put this in Regan’s bedroom?
她会没事吧
She’s going to be well?
卡尔 如果是你把这个放在她房♥里
Karl, if you put this in Regan’s bedroom,
我要你告诉我 是你放的吗
I want you to tell me. Now, did you?
不 不是我
No, not me.
我没有那么做
I didn’t.
我在芮根枕头下发现这个 是你们放的吗
This was under Regan’s pillow. Did you put it there?
当然不是我
Of course, I didn’t.
我没有
I didn’t put it.
-对不起 太太 -什么
Excuse me, madam. -What?
-有人要找你 -谁找我
-A man to see you. -What man?
或许你女儿记得
Might your daughter remember, perhaps…
那晚丹宁斯先生 有没有进过她的房♥间
…if Mr. Dennings was in her room that night?
为什么你要问这个
Why do you ask?
她会记得吗
Might she remember?
不 她施打了大量镇定剂
No, she was heavily sedated.
她病得很重吗
It’s serious?
对 恐怕是的
Yes, I’m afraid it is.
-我能问 -我们还不知道
-May I ask…? -We still don’t know.
注意穿堂风
Watch out for drafts.
秋天的穿堂风吹进温暖的屋里 总是会带来许多细菌
A draft in the fall when the house is hot is a magic carpet for bacteria.
对不起 太太 还需要任何服务吗
Excuse me, madam. Anything else?
不用了 卡尔 我们很好 谢谢
No, Karl, we’re fine. Thank you.
没事了 卡尔
It’s all right, Karl.
为什么你要问这些问题
Why are you asking all this?
这真的很怪
It’s strange.
死者生前来到你家 只待了二十分钟
The deceased comes to visit, stays only 20 minutes
把重病的女孩一个人丢在屋里
…and leaves all alone a very sick girl.
老实说 麦尼尔太太
And speaking plainly, Mrs. MacNeil…
他不可能从窗户摔下去
…it isn’t likely he would fall from a window.
而且他的颈部伤势 不可能是跌倒造成的
Besides, a fall wouldn’t do to his neck what we found.
或许真的有那么一点机率
Except maybe one chance in a thousand.
不 我的直觉
No. My hunch….
我的推论
My opinion…
他被力气非常大的人伤害 那是第一点
point one.
第二点 他的头颅破裂
point two…
加上我们提过的其他伤害
…plus the various other things we mentioned…
这是非常有可能的
…would make it very probable…
有可能 但我们无法确定
…probable, not certain…
死者先被杀害 再被人从你女儿的房♥间窗户推落
…that the deceased was killed and then pushed from your daughter’s window.
但房♥里只有你女儿在 这怎么可能呢
But nobody was in the room except your daughter, so how can this be?
只有一个可能性
It could be one way.
说不定有人在雪伦小姐离开后
If someone came calling between the time Miss Spencer left…
在你回家前潜入屋内
…and the time you returned.
天啊 等一下
Judas Priest, just a second.
-仆人呢 他们有访客吗 -完全没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!