silly.
荒谬
I don’t mean with you.
我不是指你
Never with you. It’s all the rest of it.
绝对不是你 只是其它的一切
Sally?
包括莎莉
The rest of it.
其它的一切
FaIse comfort.
全是自我安慰
Because?
为什么
If you say to me, When were you happiest?
如果你问我哪时候最快乐
Mom… Tell me the moment you were happiest.
哪一刻最开心
I know, I know, it was years ago.
我知道 是多年以前
Yeah.
是啊
All you’re saying is… you were once young.
你的意思是你曾经年轻过
I remember one morning…
我记得有一天早晨
getting up at dawn,
天一亮就起床
there was such a sense of possibiIity.
全世界充满了各种可能
You know? That feeling?
你知道那种感觉吗
Hmm? And I remember thinking to myself,
我记得我在想
So, this is the beginning of happiness.
原来这就是幸福的开始
This is where it starts.
这是幸福的源头
And, of course, there will always be more.
往后一定会更幸福
It never occurred to me it wasn’t the beginning.
我从来没想过那不是开始
It was happiness.
那就是幸福
It was the moment…
就在那一刻
right then.
在那当下
Ah, Nelly, good evening. I was wondering if you’d seen Mrs. WooIf.
娜莉 你看到吴尔芙夫人吗
I thought you knew, sir. Mrs. WooIf has gone out.
我以为你知道 她出去了
Excuse me! Excuse me!
对不起
Mr. WooIf, what an unexpected pleasure.
吴尔芙先生 这真是个惊喜
Perhaps you could tell me exactly what you think you’re doing?
请你告诉我你在干什么
What I was doing?
我在干什么
I went to look for you, and you weren’t there.
我到处找你找不到
You were working in the garden. I didn’t wish to disturb you.
你在花♥园♥ 我不想吵你
You disturb me when you disappear.
你不见了让我很担心
I didn’t disappear.
我没有不见
I went for a walk.
我只是出去散步
A walk?! Is that all? Just a walk?
散步 只是散步吗
Virginia, we must go home now. Nelly’s cooking dinner.
我们要回家 娜莉做了晚餐
She’s already had a very difficult day.
她已经累了一整天
It’s just our obligation to eat Nelly’s dinner.
我们有责任吃她做的晚餐
There is no such obligation.
没有这种责任
No such obligation exists.
根本没有这种责任
Virginia,
你必须对自己的理智负责
you have an obligation to your own sanity. I have endured this custody!
我一直在忍♥受这种监护
I have endured this imprisonment.
我一直在忍♥受这种牢狱
Oh, Virginia!
维吉尼亚
I am attended by doctors, everywhere. I am attended by doctors
我走到哪儿都被医生包围
who inform me of my own interests!
他们告诉我什么才是对我好
They know your interests.
他们知道什么对你好
They do not!
他们才不知道
They do not speak for my interests.
他们并不了解我
Virginia, I can… I can see that it must be hard for a woman of your…
我知道你这种女人这么有
Of what? Of my what, exactly? – uh, your…
我有什么
your talents to see
这么有才华
that she may not be the best judge
不能为自己做决定一定很痛苦
of her own condition! Who, then, is a better judge?
谁才能为我做决定
You have a history!
你生过病
You have a history of confinement.
你曾住过疗养院
We brought you to Richmond because you have a history of fits,
我们带你来是因为你发过病
moods, bIackouts,
情绪不稳 意识不清
hearing voices.
脑里听到声音
We brought you here to save you from the irrevocable damage you intended upon yourself.
我们带你来是不让你伤害自己
You’ve tried to kill yourself twice!
你曾经自杀过两次
I live daily with that threat.
我每天都必须面对这种威胁
I set up the press… we set up the printing press not just for itself,
我们在这儿设立印刷厂
not just purely for itself,
并不只是为了印书
but so that you might have a ready source of absorption and of remedy.
而是让你有事做 转移注意力
Like needlework?
就像是织毛线
It was done for you!
这全是为了你
It was done for your betterment!
为了让你好
It was done out of love!
这全是出于爱
If I didn’t know you better, I’d call this ingratitude.
别人会觉得你忘恩负义
I am ungrateful?
忘恩负义
You call me ungrateful?
你敢说我忘恩负义
My life has been stolen from me.
我的生命被别人夺走
I’m living in a town I have no wish to live in.
我并不想住在这个地方
I’m living… a life I have no wish to live.
我也不想过这种生活
How did this happen?
怎么会这样
It is time for us to move back to London.
我们该搬回伦敦了
I miss London.
我很怀念伦敦
I miss London life.
我怀念伦敦的生活
This is not you speaking, Virginia.
这不是你的想法
This is an aspect of your illness.
这是因为你的病情
It is me.
这是我
It’s not you.
这不是你
It is my voice.
这是我的心声
It’s not your voice.It’s mine and mine alone.
我一个人的心声
This is the voice that you hear.
这是你在脑里听到的声音
It is not! It is mine!
不 这是我
I’m dying in this town!
我留下来就会死
If you were thinking clearly, Virginia,
如果你想清楚就会记得
you’d recall it was London
伦敦让你精神崩溃
that brought you Iow. If I were thinking clearly…
如果我想清楚
If I were thinking clearly…
如果我想清楚
We brought you to Richmond to give you peace.
我们带你来这儿过平静生活
If I were thinking clearly, Leonard, I would tell you
如果我想清楚我就会说
that I wrestle alone in the dark, in the deep dark,
我一个人在黑暗中独自挣扎
and that only I can know,
只有我才会知道
only I can understand my own condition.
只有我才能了解我的状况
You live with the threat… you tell me…
你说你每天都面对威胁
you live with the threat of my extinction.
我随时会死亡的威胁
Leonard, I live with it,too.
我也必须面对它
This is my right.
这是我的权利
It is the right of every human being.
这是每个人的权利
I choose not the suffocating anesthetic of the suburbs,
我选择不过郊区的宁静生活
but the violent jolt of the capital.
而是大都市强烈的震撼
That is my choice.
这是我的选择
The meanest patient, yes, even the very Iowest is
就算最无助 最可怜的病人
allowed some say in the matter of her own prescription.
也有权决定自己该过什么生活
Thereby she defines her humanity.
她用这种方法表达人性
I wish, for your sake, Leonard, I could be happy in this quietness.
我也希望我在这种环境很快乐
But if it is a choice between Richmond and death,
但是要我选择留下来或死亡
I choose death.
我选择死亡
Very well, London, then.
好吧 伦敦
We’ll go back to London.
我们回伦敦吧
You hungry?
你饿了吗
I’m a Iittle hungry myself.
我有点饿了
Come along.
来吧
London train on platform one!
伦敦列车在一号♥月台
This is the London train terminating at Vauxhall.
伦敦列车终点站是沃豪
You cannot find peace by avoiding life, Leonard.
逃避生命永远得不到平静
This is the London train!
这是伦敦列车
London train on platform one!
伦敦列车在一号♥月台
Hey. Hey, there, bug. Hey, what’s wrong?
小乖 怎么了
Hi, Mrs. Latch. Sorry I’m Iate.
赖太太 抱歉我来晚了
He’s fine.He’s been fine.
他没事
He’s, he’s just happy to see you.
他只是很想念你
Aw, it couldn’t have been that bad, could it? Hmm?
没那么糟吧
So, you got it cut, then?
你剪了头发吗
Oh, yes, yes. No problem.
对 没问题
Looks great.
很漂亮

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!