Mommy, it isn’t that difficult.
妈咪 这不难嘛
Now, I know. I know it isn’t difficult.
我知道不难 我只是
It’s just that I… I just want to do this for Daddy.
我只想替爸爸做蛋糕
Because it’s his birthday?
因为今天他生日
That’s right.
没错
We’re baking the cake to show him that we love him.
我们要烤蛋糕表示我们爱他
Otherwise he won’t know we love him?
要不然他就不知道我们爱他
That’s right.
没错
I got all the stuff.
东西都拿到了
I’m going right out again.
我又要出门
My God, what a zoo!
老天 外面人好多
Why do people have to talk about dry cleaning?
大家干嘛一直在聊干洗
I mean, what is there to talk about?
干洗有什么好聊的
I bought you some flowers.
我替你买♥♥了鲜花
Where are you?
你在哪儿
In here.
在这儿
I got someone at work to cover me. I’ll be with you all night.
我找人代班 我整晚都陪你
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Sure.
没事
I guess you saw Richard.
我猜你见到理查
That’s right.
是啊
Well, of course.
当然了
I bet he said, Oh, by the way, honey, do you mind?
他一定说: 对了
Can I skip the party?
我能不参加派对吗
Don’t worry.He always shows up.
放心 他一定会出现
Oh, sure.
当然
In the end.
他一定会来
What, Richard miss an award? A chance to talk about his work.
他会错过谈他的作品的机会
I don’t think so.He’ll show up.
才怪 他一定会去
You did the seating.
你安排好座位了
I did.
是啊
I don’t believe it… Louis Waters. Is Louis coming?
真的假的 路易·华特斯要来
Richard’s Louis?
理查的前男友
He is.
没错
You put him next to me.
你让他坐我旁边
Why do I always have to sit next to the exes?
我老是坐在前任情人旁边
Is this some kind of a hint, sweetheart?
这是一种暗示吗
And, anyway, shouldn’t the exes have a table
你应该把前任情人凑成一桌
of their own, where they can all ex together in ex- quisite agony?
让他们畅谈前尘往事才对
I’m off.
我走了
Try not to pass out from excitement.
别兴奋过度昏过去
Clarissa… it’s going to be beautiful.
克劳丽莎 这一定会很棒
Thank you.
谢谢你
You’re weIcome.
不客气
Why is everything wrong?
为什么一切都不对
It didn’t work.Damn it!
这样不行 该死
It didn’t work.
这样不行
Hey, Scott.
嗨 史考特
Hi, Mrs. BarIowe.
嗨 巴洛太太
Mommy, Mommy, there’s someone at the door!
妈咪 有人在按门铃
Hello?
有人在吗
Hello? Laura?
哈啰 萝拉
Hi, Kitty.
嗨 琪蒂
Hi. Am I interrupting?
我打扰了你吗
Oh, of course not. Come in.
当然没有 请进
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Why, sure.
没事
Hi, Richie.
嗨 理查
Sit down. I’ve got coffee on.
坐吧 我煮了咖啡
Um, would you like some?
你要喝吗
Please.
好啊
Oh, look. You made a cake.
瞧 你烤了蛋糕
I know. Didn’t work.
我知道 太失败了
I thought it was going to work.
我以为会成功
I thought it would work better than that.
我以为会烤得不错
Oh, Laura, I don’t understand
我搞不懂这对你怎么那么难
why you find it so difficult. I don’t know either.
我也搞不懂
Anyone can make a cake.
谁都会烤蛋糕
I know.
我知道
Everyone can. It’s ridiculously easy.
每个人都会 简单得要命
Like, I bet you didn’t even grease the pan.
你一定没在烤盘上抹油
I greased the pan.
我有抹油
All right. You know, you have other virtues… and Dan loves you so much,
好吧 你有别的优点
he won’t even notice.
丹那么爱你他也不会注意
Whatever you do, he’s going to say it’s wonderful.
你做什么他都会说很棒
Well, it’s true.
是真的
Does Ray have a birthday?
雷有生日吗
Sure he does.
当然有啰
When is it?
几时
September.We go to the country club.
九月 我们都去乡村俱乐部
We always go to the country club.
我们每次都去
We drink martinis and spend the day with 50 people.
跟五十个人喝马丁尼庆祝
Ray’s got a lot of friends.
雷有很多朋友
He does.
没错
You both have a Iot of friends. You’re good at it.
你们很会交际 朋友很多
How is Ray? I haven’t seen him in a while.
雷好吗 好久没见到他
Ray’s fine.
雷很好
These guys are something, aren’t they?
这些男人真是了不起
You can say that again.
一点也没错
They came home from the war.
他们打完仗回家
They deserved it, didn’t they?
这是他们应得的
After what they’d been through.
尤其是吃了那么多苦
What… did they deserve?
他们应得什么
I don’t know. Us, I guess.
不晓得 我们吧
All this.
这一切
Oh. You’re reading a book.
你在看书
Yeah.

What’s this one about?
这本书讲什么
Oh, it’s about… this woman who’s incredibly…
讲一个女人很会
Well, she’s a hostess, and she’s incredibly confident,
她是一个很有自信的女主人
and she’s going to give a party,
她要举办一个派对
and maybe because she’s confident, everyone thinks she’s fine…
她太自信了大家都觉得她很好
but she isn’t.
但是她并不好
So.
所以
Kitty, what is it? Is something wrong?
怎么了 有事吗
I, uh… I have to go into the hospital for a couple of days.
我得住院两天
Yeah. I have, um…
我有
some kind of… growth, in my uterus,
我的子♥宫♥长了东西
and they’re going to go in and take a look.
他们要开刀检查
When?
几时
This afternoon.
今天下午
Well, I need you to feed the dog.
我要请你帮忙喂狗
Of course.
没问题
Is that what you came here to ask?
你是为这件事才来吗
What did the doctor say exactly?
医生到底怎么说
Well, it’s probably what the trouble’s been.
问题大概就出在这儿
About getting pregnant.
我一直不能怀孕
The thing is…
问题是
I mean, you know, I’ve been… really happy with Ray.
我跟雷在一起一直很快乐
And now it turns out there was a reason.
原来这是有原因的
There was a reason I couldn’t conceive.
我不能怀孕是有原因的
You’re lucky, Laura.
你很幸运
I don’t think you can call yourself a woman untiI you’re a mother.
当了母亲以后才能算是女人
The joke is…
好笑的是
all my life I could do everything.
我这一生都很顺利
I mean, I could do anything, really.
我想做什么都行
Except the one thing I wanted.
除了这件我最想做的事
Yes.
是啊
That’s all.
没办法
Well, at least now they’ll be able to deal with it.
至少他们现在可以对症下药

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!