’75 Winnebago Indian.
我累了 好么?
I’m tied, ok?
风靡美国市场,除了掀起自助旅行横越美国的风潮,也推动了美国大型露营车的生活型态
我父母送的礼物
It’s a gift from my parents.
我给它起名叫求闲者
I named it the Leisure Seeker.
我丈夫起初不喜欢它
My husband hated it at first.
嫌它有点低端
He thought it was kind of low-class.
但他慢慢就习惯了
But he kind of got used to it.
我们开着这辆又老又旧的大家伙 经历了很多美妙的旅行
We’ve had a lot of wonderful trips in this old rust bucket.
看看这个古典美人 宝贝儿
Look at this old beauty, babe.

Oh.
看啊 – 是的
Look. – Yeah,
很棒
It’s great.
那么 你们是不是上路很久了?
So, have you folks been on the road long?
不 我们才刚出发
No, we just started.
我们计划南下
We’re headed south down to,
查尔斯顿:位于南卡罗莱纳
萨凡纳:位于佐治亚
去我长大成人的地方 在查尔斯顿和萨凡纳之间
Where I grew up between Charleston and Savannah.

Oh,
那是个很美的地方 – 是的
It’s so beautiful down there. – It is.
很美
It’s beautiful.
我们度假总是去那里
We’d always go there on vacation,
但这次我们还会继续往南
But this time we’re going further south,
佛罗里达礁岛群:是一个位于美国佛罗里达州南部外海的群岛,地处美国最东南
端的该群岛,是由总数约1700座的大小岛屿所组成。群岛从佛罗里达半岛东南角…
远赴佛罗里达礁岛群
All the way to the Florida Keys.
哈哦
Ha, oh.
哇噢 是的
Wow, yeah.
靠近迈阿密处一路往南分布并渐渐弯曲向西,直到最底端的西礁岛(Key West)
西礁岛最南角是距离邻国古巴最近的美国领土,之间相距仅145公里
最后我会带约翰去看海明威的故居
I’m finally taking John to see Hemingway’s house,
在西礁岛上
in Key West.
你们去过那里吗?
You ever been there?
没 没去过
No, we haven’t.
海明威是联盟国南军的一位将军 是吧?
Hemingway was a Confederate general, right?
不是 笨笨
No, silly,
他是个作家
He was a writer.

Didn’t,
是不是
he,
自杀了?
commit suicide?
是的
He did.
不过我一直搞不懂为什么?
And I never understood why.
约翰对他了如指掌
John knows all about him.
他总是想去看看他的故居
He’s always wanted to see that house.
每年
Every year,
我都答应他我们会去
I’d promise him we’d go,
但你们知道带着小小孩旅行是什么滋味
But you know how it is traveling with little kids.
我们去看过梅尔维尔的旧居
We’ve seen Melville’s place.
那离我们住的地方不远
That’s near to where we live.
他也是个作家 你们知道
He’s a writer, too, you know.
他写了《白鲸记》
He wrote Moby Dick.
非常 非常有意思
Very, very interesting.
事实上 在我儿子威尔的成长过程中 那对他对我都是一个痛处
Actually, it was a pain in the rear for my son Will and me.
但是我的女儿简
But my daughter Jane,
她却很喜欢 – 妈!爸!
She loved it. – Mom! Dad!
我想那就是她能成为一名教授的原因
I think that’s why she became a professor.
我的丈夫 约翰
My husband, John,
对她深感自豪
is so proud of her.
但我的儿子威尔
But my son Will,
却反而
On the other hand,
你知道 他还在苦苦寻找自己的出路
you know, he’s still struggling to find his way.
他就是不知道他… – 我们这是在哪儿?
He just doesn’t know what he… – Where are we?
我们没在家
We’re not home.
是 亲爱的
No, hon.
我们住在马萨诸塞
We live in Massachusetts.
这里是宾夕法尼亚
This is Pennsylvania.
见鬼我们在宾夕法尼亚做什么?
What the dickens are we doing in Pennsylvania?
我们在度假
We’re on vacation,
并且我们在享受一段快乐时光
And we’re having a whale of a time.
好的
Yeah.
呃 不是我
Uh, not me.
我想喝杯茶
I want a cup of tea.
这是我的丈夫 约翰
This is my husband John.
约翰 他们是我们的邻居
John, these are our neighbors.
不好意思
Hate to say it,
但我们… – 已经很晚了
But we… – It’s getting really late.
那 呃…
It’s, uh…
我们得安顿孩子睡觉
We gotta put the kids to sleep.
讲睡前故事 – 也许改日再聊
Bedtime stories. – Maybe another time.
晚安
Good night.
道个别 约翰
Say goodbye, John.
我想喝杯茶
I want a cup of tea.
妈…
Mon…
当我准备好了 我会给你沏茶
I’ll make your tea when I’m good and ready.
这会儿我坐着感觉很舒坦
I’m quite comfortable sitting here.
我现在就要
I want it now.
你只会整晚起夜
You’ll only be up peeing all night.
我想喝杯茶 – 嘘
I want a cup of tea. – Shh.
这儿不是只有我们
We’re not the only ones here.
如果你想喝茶
If you want a cup of tea,
你去自己做好了
You go and make it yourself.
你又不是残疾
You’re not an invalid.
这正是我要做的
That is exactly what I will do.
嘿 亲爱的
Hey, darling.
你想喝杯茶吗?
Would you like a cup of tea?
我放弃
I give up.
Diazepam, 地♥西♥泮♥
(一种安♥眠♥药♥)
喝吧
Drink that.
上♥床♥吧
Into bed.
你来吗?
You coming?
稍等
In a minute.
拜拜
Bye-bye.
早上好
Good morning,
强尼 亲爱的
Johnny, my love.
你好吗 宝贝儿?
How are you, honey?
天呐
Goodness me.
今天早上我想到
It occurred to me this morning,
我应该把滤水器换了
that I should replace the water filter.
于是我就去换了
So I did.
随后我又放弃了
And then I didn’t.
我的意思是 那 那该死的玩意儿
I mean, the, the darned thing,
干净得要命
was as clean as a whistle.
太神奇了
It’s amazing.
于是再一次
And once again,
我不得不承认
I was compelled to admit,
这个
that this,
神奇的旧机器
old contraption,
也不是一无是处
isn’t all bad.
我想说 当然有
I mean, of course there are,
好得多的
infinitely better,
运输工具
means of transportation,
但不可否认
But there is no denying,
有人睡了一个无与伦比的好觉
that one gets an exceptional sleep,
在这张笨床上
on that stupid bed.
你怎么样 我的公主?
What about you, my princess?
你有没有发觉床垫下有豌豆硌着你了?
Do you feel any peas under the mattress?
没有
No.
我真高兴
I’m so happy,
当你又回到我身边
When you come back to me.
呃 我只是刚去了户外 亲爱的
Uh, I was only just outside the door, sweetheart.
你疼吗?
You have pain?

No.
很好
Good.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!