and then you can be absolutely certain
你们俩空想出来的公式是错的
that whatever formula you two can dream up will be quite wrong.
然后你就可以滚回
Then you can crawl back
你那与世隔绝的印度
under whatever rock you came from in India
然后我们就不用陪你在这猜谜语了 哈代
and we can put to bed this charade of yours, Hardy.
现在 我需算多大的数
Now, how high do I have to go?
200的拆分吧
P of 200 should do.
我真的可以做到
I really can do it.
好了 真♥相♥大白的时刻到了 200的拆分
Well, here we are, P of 200. The moment of truth.
你知道吗 我曾经去过马德拉斯
You know, I was stationed in Madras once.
那好吧 你先来
Well, you first.
你的公式算出了多少
What has your formula given you?
3,972,998,000,000.
天哪
My God.
很接近了
You’re close.
误差不到2%
Within 2%.
真是见鬼了
Well, I’ll be damned.
麦克马洪主任 我向您介绍
Major MacMahon, may I introduce you
拉马努金先生
to Mr. Ramanujan.
疼了多久
How long?
三个星期
Three weeks.
发烧多久了
And the fever?
– 还要更久 – 吸气
– Longer. – Breathe in.
吸气
Breathe in.
情况很不妙
Well, it’s not good.
这都是早期肺结核的症状
You’ve all the early signs of tubercula.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你现在就是个细菌的繁殖地
You’re a breeding ground for infection.
我很难过 拉马努金
I’m so sorry, Ramanujan.
绝对不能让哈代知道
Hardy can never know.
跑啊 跑啊
Run! Run!
是一艘飞艇
It’s a zeppelin!
快过来 小拉
Come on, Ram!
这边
Over here!
我在受天谴
I’m being punished.
只是发个烧
It’s just the fever.
他写信了吗
Has he wrote yet?
没有
No.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
你忘记我了
You forgot me.
你看 你是对的
You see, you were right.
柯西的定理可行
Cauchy’s theorem will work.
就是引入一个圆的概念
It’s just leading to the circle concept.
拆分2000的时候 误差能减小到…
At 2,000, it should bring it down to…
小于1%左右
Less than 1% or so.
当N趋向于无穷大
And as N goes to infinity…
误差就趋向于零
The error goes to zero.
你看 你开始理解细微和复杂了
You see? You’re beginning to see the nuances and complexities,
你之前对此只是一知半解
which you were only catching at a glance before.
我们两搭档还真难啊
What an unlikely team we make.
如果我们真的解决了整数拆分问题
If we really crack partitions,
这将会是其中一个关键的突破
this will be a monumental breakthrough.
我有没有告诉你 我提名了你为院士的候选人
Did I tell you I’ve… I’ve put you up for a Fellowship?
哈代先生
Mr. Hardy,
谢谢您
thank you.
你吃的还够吗
Are you getting enough to eat?
我知道现在食物短缺
I mean, I know there are shortages,
但食堂里的食物还是够的
but there’s still plenty of good grub in Hall.
我没事
I’m all right.
没什么
It’s nothing.
让我问问你
Let me ask you something.
这些方程你是怎么想出来的
How does all this come to you?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我都要被开除了
Why am I bothering with a Council meeting
为什么还要去参加这个会议
when I’m getting the boot?
如果你觉得我会选那个骗子当院士
If you think I’m gonna have that charlatan for a Fellow,
那你就大错特错了
you’re very much mistaken.
别告诉我你提名了他
Oh, please tell me you didn’t propose him.
他就要找出整数分拆公式了
He’s gonna crack partitions.
他完全有资格
He’s worthy.
是你告诉我
You’re the one who told me
要让他像马一样自♥由♥的 我照做了
to let him run like a damn horse. Well, I did.
现在我需要鼓励他一下
And now I… I need to raise his spirits.
你是想减轻自己的愧疚吧
You mean you need to relieve your own guilt.
说真的 你这么聪明的人 怎么有时这么蠢呢
Really, for someone so clever, you can be so terribly dim.
就选取斯里尼瓦瑟·拉马努金成为院士一事
So, in the matter of Fellowship for Srinivasa Ramanujan,
我们进行一次投票
we call the matter to vote.
很抱歉这么晚了来打扰你
I’m sorry to bother you so late.
我觉得应该亲自告诉你
I felt I should be the one to tell you.
为我自己 也为学院感到很羞愧
I’m very embarrassed, for myself and for the College.
你的院士申请没用通过
But your Fellowship was denied.
谢谢你来告诉我
Thank you for telling me.
我知道您已经努力争取了
I know you did all you could.
还要更多纱布
Yeah, more dressings!
这边可以来个人吗
Can we have someone over here, please?
护士
Nurse!
护士
Nurse!
就是这样 深呼吸
That’s it, just breathe.
拉马努金
Ramanujan?
护士 护士
Nurse! Nurse!
要我去叫醒他吗
Shall I wake him?
不用
No.
他准备好了就会来的
He’ll come when he’s ready.
打扰一下 医生
Excuse me, Doctor.
这位先生在找他的印度学生
This gentleman’s looking for the Indian student.
是的
Ah, yes.
他昨天晚上来的
He came in last night.
头脑已经不清醒了
Not right in the head.
发着高烧
Terrible fever.
他之前在这里
He was here.
你的状况更糟了
Your condition has worsened.
时间不多了
You may not have long.
把你的事好好安排一下吧
You should set your affairs in order.
你在这里有家人吗
Do you have any family here?
有吗
Anyone?

No!
先生 伦敦那边出事了
Sir, something’s happened in London.
给我叫辆出租车 好吗
Call me a taxi, will you?
他还算幸运
He was very lucky with the train.
他跳下去之前 列车员看到他了
The conductor saw him before he jumped.
他的肺才是问题
The danger is his lungs.
没错 有时候他咳嗽很严重
Yes, he’s had a bad cough for some time.
不是咳嗽
It is no cough.
他是肺结核晚期
He has advanced tuberculosis.
这… 无药可救了吗
Well, is… Is there nothing we could do?
祈祷吧
Pray.
只有奇迹才救得了他
It will take a miracle.
哈代先生
Mr. Hardy.
对不起给你添麻烦了
I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused you.
你吓着我了
Gave me quite a scare.
这种自我实现预言的方式
Self-prophesying.
我妻子把我忘了
My wife has forgotten me.
我孤独一人了
I have no one.
我理解
I understand that
你的这种感受 但…
you might feel like that, but…
你本该跟我说说
You should have told me.
我可以帮助你
I could have helped.
我差一点也被赶走了
You know, it just as easily could have been me.
幸亏没有
Well, I’m glad it wasn’t.
你和拉马努金还有很多事要干
You have cause enough with Ramanujan.
我会怀念你们俩的
I’ll be thinking of you both.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!