能和你单独谈会么
Can I borrow you for a moment?
你这样真漂亮
You clean up very nicely.
谢谢
Thank you.
抱歉我叔叔总是说蠢话
Sorry about being related to that knucklehead of an uncle
别和他计较
Go easy on him.
我想在康涅狄格的贫民区长大不是件容易的事吧
It’s not easy to grow up in the slums of Connecticut,right?
是啊
No.
过来啊 艾瑞卡
Erica darling!
知道吧 我曾经认识一个巴基斯坦人
You know,I knew a Pakistani once…
他救我于一场华尔街派对私谈的水火之中
and he saved me from small talk at a Wall Street party.
他喝酒么
Did he drink?
因为我听说巴基斯坦人都不喝酒的
Because I hear they don’t drink.
你父亲是诗人
Your father is a poet?
– 是的 – 难以置信
-Yes. -I don’t believe you.
– 我骗你干嘛呢 – 太难以置信了
-Why would I make that up? -Unbelievable.
你知道我有多少次梦想自己能生在一个诗人之家么
You know how often I dream of having a family full of poets?
– 什么 – 我是认真的
-What? -No,I’m serious.
他有出版作品么
Is he published?
是啊 整个旁遮普都知道
Yeah,his laser-sharp words
他的言辞有多锋利 他的薪水是多么低
and his inadequate salary are well-known throughout the Punjab.
在你那幅画里蹦极的那个人是谁
Who was that guy jumping in your painting?
我的男友 克里斯
My boyfriend,Chris.
现任男友么
Is that your current boyfriend?
他二十三周前去世了
He died 23 weeks ago.
我们是青梅竹马
We grew up together.
我很遗憾
Wow,I’m sorry.
我朋友一直跟我说”翻过这一页…”
My friends keep saying.”Turn the page”…
“别再守丧…”之类的
Lift the black veil. It’s just…
我真希望能有他们说的那么容易
I wish it were that easy.
我们家乡的人管这叫”以答”
People back home have this thing called “Iddat.”
就是女子应当为她丈夫服丧的时间
It’s like the period that a woman is allowed to mourn her husband.
她们只被允许为亡夫守丧四个月又十天
She’s only allowed to mourn him for four months and ten days.
然后一切就都结束了
And then it’s over?
真好
That’d be nice.
是时候从过去走出来了
It’s okay to turn the corner.
你已经超过这期限两个月了
You’re already two months into overtime.
– 我没有无礼的意思 – 不不不不
-I don’t mean to be flippant. -No,no,no,no,no.
你说的对
It helps.
不是 不是 蓝调起源于西非
No,no. The blues originated in West Africa.
好啦 你想说几遍都可以
Okay. Say it as many times as you like.
蓝调起源于西非
The blues originated in West Africa.
事实上我也不太了解
Actually,I don’t really know what I’m talking about.
看这个
Look at this.
好吧 这些照片上都是我
Okay,so all these pictures of me.
你肯定是对我有点意思
You’ve got to have a little crush on me.
适当的自信没有坏处 我喜欢
You have a very healthy self-esteem. Good to see.
你知道我从图上看到什么吗 这是在说
You know what this says to me? This is saying…
“昌盖兹 给我件罩袍”
“Changez,throw a Burqa on me…”
“没收我的大学文凭 直接带我回家见你母亲吧”
“and confiscate my college degree,and take me home to Mama.”
我要穿罩袍
Would I have to wear a Burqa?
– 你不是当真了吧 – 哦 天哪 真是的 出去
-You look so serious. What? -Oh my God,get out.
别这样 别笑我
Don’t do that.Don’t make fun of me.
我哪有笑你
How am I making fun of you?
你知道么
You know…
在你和我说了拉合尔的那些事之后
after you told me stories about Lahore…
我的耳边就总是响起你的声音
I kept hearing your voice afterwards.
我都听不出自己的声音了
I don’t recognize my own voice anymore.
听起来微弱而不真实
It sounds all tinny and fake…
就像一个不知自己来自何方的旅人
like someone who doesn’t come from anywhere.
我在我眼里是真实的
You sound real to me.
我觉得良心不安
I feel like I’m cheating.
我们该停下来么
Should we stop?
我想停下来
I want to.
可是我做不到
I want to,but I can’t.
那就假装我是他
Pretend I’m him.
马尼拉 马尼拉
Manila,Manila,
把你们的处♥女♥和冗余管理层都藏藏好
hide your virgins and your extra layers of middle management…
我们可都是动真格的
’cause we’re not here to play.
昌盖兹·可汗 从纽约来的
Changez Khan,from New York.
我们的目标只有一个
We had one goal.
计算出这个公♥司♥能创造的市场价值
To figure out how much profit this company could really throw off.
对于一个底层员工日薪都压缩到五美元的公♥司♥来说
How do you squeeze more productivity out of a company…
还有什么办法能提升它的产出呢
that pays its workers five bucks a day?
我想这就是利润所在
I think the fat is there.
我概括一下就是
Let me get this straight.
你认为他们可以裁掉四分之一的劳动力
You’re saying they can effectively lose a quarter of their work force?
– 三分之一 – 三分之一也太多了
-A third. -A third is a big chunk.
我觉得15%差不多了
I’d feel more comfortable shooting for a 15% reduction.
我能发言么
May I?
请说
Please.
这整个部门的作用
Okay,this entire sector
就是修补在流水线组装过程中发生的错误
is devoted to fixing mistakes they make on the assembly line.
我们只需要请一个日本团队对流水线进行修复
I say,let’s get in a team from Japan and fix the line.
错装率就会从现在的11%
Then we can get the current error rate of 11%
降低到工业标准的4%到5%左右
down to industry standard…which is 4% to 5%.
这样一来就会产生大量的冗余员工
Then this entire crew becomes completely superfluous.
– 这也太残忍♥了 – 太激进了
-Boy,that’s brutal. -That’s too aggressive.
这个流水线都已经投入批量生产了
That line is already at capacity.
我需要马上组建一群最好的顾问团
I want to put together a team of consultants. The best.
可以考虑下 前丰田顾问团
Ex-Toyota,maybe.
让他们尽快过来 最好明天就到
I want them here soon,like tomorrow.
了解
Done.
你有这方面的才能
You have a gift for this.
回报颇丰的才能
A very lucrative gift.
请坐
Please.
对于那些有才者 我有一套自己的安排
I have a theory about those who have the gift.
他们是孤独的
They’re outsiders.
你和我之间的共同点比你认为的还要多
You and I have a lot more in common than you think.
我是我们家第一个上大学的人
I was the first in my family to go to college.
我父亲是汽车销♥售♥员
My father was a car salesman.
他常来哈佛看我
He would come visit me at Harvard
顶着廉价的发型 穿着廉价的皮鞋
with his cheap haircut and his Payless shoes…
每次看到他 我都会产生一种强烈的渴望
and it would make me hungry.
渴望出人头地
Hungry to be the best.
你也有同样的渴望
You’re hungry like that too.
所以
So…
你对未来十年 有什么愿景
where do you see yourself in the next ten years?
我想成为安德伍德萨姆森的总经理
I’d like to be a managing director at Underwood Samson…
三十岁的时候么
by 30?
为什么不是二十七岁呢
Why not 27?
迈向总经理职位的第一步
The first step to becoming a managing director…
就是成为合伙人
is to be made an associate.
等我们回去之后
We’ll start laying down the groundwork
在谈详细的安排
as soon as we get home.
在那之前
Until then…
这算是你的预付工资
consider this a down payment.
你已经离拉合尔很远了 孩子
You’re a long way from Lahore,kid.
吃饭吧
Let’s eat.
直接撞上了…
Hit directly in the middle of…
世贸中心双塔的其中一座
of one of the World Trade Center towers.
肖恩 是哪种飞机 是小型飞机么
Sean,what kind of plane,was it a small plane?
是一架喷气飞机 有两个引擎 就像波音737
A jet,looked like a 2-engine jet,like a 737…
你是说那是一架大型…
We are talking about a large…
一架大型商用喷气式客机
A large passenger commercial jet,that’s right
– 当时你… – 哦我的上帝啊
-And where were… -Oh my God!
是第二架飞机 现在事情很明显是……
That looks like a second plane,now it’s obvious….
现在有两架飞机相继撞上了塔楼
Right now what’s happening is that two planes have hit the towers.
现场的记者还在想办法获得更多信息
They’re still trying to get information…
警♥察♥向民众发出信息
Police are telling us…
如果你处在事故发生的地带 请尽管撤离
if you are in the area,please get out of the area,A.S.A.P.-

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!