-他怎么了 精神分♥裂♥吗 -不知道
– What does he have, Schizophrenia? – I don’t know.
我们应该给他做精神检查看看 对吧
Well, we should hook him up with psychiatric services and find out, right?
我不大相信诊断结果
Yeah, I don’t get too hung up on diagnosis.
什么意思
What do you mean?
什么意思
What do I mean?
你不知道他们问题出在哪儿 怎么帮他们呢
But how do you help somebody if you don’t know what they have?
看看他们
Look at these people.
每个人都经历过无数次诊断
Every one of them’s been diagnosed more than you can imagine.
在我看来 一点儿好处没有
And as far as I can tell, it hasn’t done them any good.
但是他需要药物治疗 对吧
But he needs medication, right?
我来告诉你一件他不需要的事吧
I’ll tell you one thing he doesn’t need.
就是再有个人告诉他需要药物
One more person telling him he needs medication.
妈的
Son of a bitch.
-他去哪儿了 -谁啊
– Where’d he go? – Who?
-纳撒尼尔 -不知道 老兄
– Nathaniel. – Don’t ask me, dude.
-史蒂夫 谢谢 -没事 史蒂夫
– Thanks, Steve. – You’re welcome, Steve.
-继续走 走 -那儿有警♥察♥
– Keep walking. Keep walking! – There’s a cop over there.
-他会随便打死个黑人 -你有好东西 是吧
– He’ll shoot a nigga with a pop. – You got that cheese, huh?
-是啊 -等等 等等
– You’re right about that cheese. – Hold on, hold on. Hold up.
等等
Hey, wait!
买♥♥些糖吧
Want to buy some candy?
这决不是…
No way this is gonna be…
这人不是警♥察♥
That boy’s not the real police.
见鬼 我的东西呢 黑鬼
Oh, man. Hell, man. Where’s my piece at, nigga?
后退
Back up.
我去了图书馆
I went over to the library.
想找几本曲谱
I thought I might pick up some sheet music.
第一鸣奏曲 F大调 第五章
Sonata number 1, F major, opus 5,
第二鸣奏曲 A大调 69章 弦乐四重奏
Sonata number 2 in A major, opus 69 for string quartet.
怎么了 他被打了吗
What happened? Somebody get beat up?
用药过量
Overdose, I think.
有天晚上 有人…有人打架
The other night, someone… there was a beating over here.
一个人的脸骨都被打得错位了 真是疯狂
Someone got bones rearranged in their face. It was just crazy.
我不明白为什么有人要这样做
I don’t understand why anybody would do something like that.
-你睡这儿吗 -我以前一直睡在华尔街的
– This where you sleep? – I used to sleep on Wall Street,
但是太脏了
But it’s too dirty.
洛佩兹先生 我的目标…
You know, Mr. Lopez, my vision…
虽不想承认 但是我想像贝多芬一样
I hate to admit it, but I’m gonna have to be like Beethoven.
那就死而无憾了 谢谢 洛佩兹先生
Just do what he did and just die. Thank you, Mr. Lopez.
我的梦想并非遥不可及
My vision is not far-off stuff,
也就是想安安全全的过马路而已了吧
Just basically getting across the street safely.
让父母脸上有光 然后 希望是…
Honor thy father and mother, and then, hopefully,
音乐可以蓬勃发展
The music will take care of itself.
这就是你能做到的
That’s really all you can do.
当你想的时候
I mean, when you think about it,
你做不了别的事情了
There’s not much that you can do other than that.
-喝点什么吗 -不用了
– Would you care for a drink? – I’m fine.
谢谢
Thanks.
把琴放在这儿 又稳妥又安全
Gotta tuck this guy in here, nice and safe.
放在这儿 让这个角…
Put that down there. Make sure this corner…
在这上休息就好了
You can rest on this.
你经常想着要当作家吗 洛佩兹先生
Do you think of writers often, Mr. Lopez?
就像我想当音乐家一样
Do you think of writers the way I think about musicians?
那是我的工作
I write for a living,
和以前不一样了
And it’s not like it used to be.
我一直想当音乐家
I love thinking about musicians.
我想像着贝多芬和莫扎特
I imagine Beethoven and Mozart
在有一丝微光的窗内
in that window where the light is,
他们也像我一样又饥又渴
And they just hunger and they thirst like we do.
像天使一般
It’s angelic.
我觉得这些上帝的孩子今晚会过得很好
I believe these children of God are gonna be okay tonight.
他们会像人类一样睡觉做梦
They’re gonna sleep and dream as humans do.
我们的圣父
Our father,
天堂里的艺术家
Who art in heaven,
以汝之名
Hallowed be thy name.
直到来世
Thy kingdom come,
你旨意行
Thy will be done,
行在地上如在天堂
On earth as it is in heaven.
每日赐予我们食物
Give us this day our daily bread…
日复一日 业已足够
Just keep it coming. There’s plenty.
宽恕我们的罪过
And forgive us our trespasses,
就像我们饶恕冒犯我们的人一样
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
我只知道他的一点故事
I knew only part of his story.
我知道他每日沐浴晨曦在奶箱上拉琴
I knew him playing the violin on a dairy crate in the morning sun,
在天才和孤行者之间徘徊
Suspended somewhere between boy genius and lost traveler.
每晚 我的朋友纳撒尼尔把琴放好
Every night, my friend Nathaniel tucks his instruments away
睡在流氓地痞之中
And lays his head among the predators and hustlers,
安眠于街头醉鬼之间
Among fallen drunks sprawled in the streets,
以垃圾养肥的硕鼠
As rats the size of meatloaves dart
爬出了下水管道
Out of the drains to feed off the squalor.
…指引我们远离诱惑
…lead us not into temptation,
从恶魔手里解脱
but deliver us from evil.
为你的王国
For thine is the kingdom,
力量和荣耀
The power and the glory,
永远
Forever.
永远 永远
Forever and ever.
我告诉他 这不是他所属的地方
I tell him this is no place for him.
他说他想留在这儿
He says he wants to be here.
他说这是他的选择
He says this is his choice.
我应该就这样相信他 还是逼他说出心里话
Should I take him at his word, or should I try to force him inside?
一点点的压力总比
Wouldn’t a little arm-twisting be more humane
把他丢在这个迷失
Than leaving him here on the streets
而残破的街头更彰显人性吧
In this lost colony of broken, helpless souls?
睡个好觉 洛佩兹先生
I hope you sleep well, Mr. Lopez.
全世界人都做个好梦
I hope the whole world sleeps well.
A-d-a-m c-r-a-n-e 他想见你
A-d-a-m c-r-a-n-e. He wants to meet you.

Who?
洛杉矶交响乐团的亚当·克兰
The guy from the Los Angeles philharmonic, Adam Crane.
想请你去迪士尼大剧院听场音乐会
Wondering if you wanna come hear a concert
不知你能否赏光
At Disney Hall some time as his guest.
他们演奏贝多芬的曲目
They’re doing Beethoven.
-贝多芬的? -对 这一季都是
– Ludwig Van? – Beethoven, all season long.
接下来他们要演奏第三交响曲
They got one coming up. The 3rd.
-今天几号♥ -不 我说的是第三交响曲
– Well, what’s the date today? – No, the 3rd symphony.
我会出丑的 我可不想出丑
I’ll cause a scene. I don’t wanna cause a scene.
我可不想被轰出去
I don’t wanna stick out or anything like that.
我不去 我不能去
So it’s just… it’s impossible. It can’t happen.
如果能让我们去看排练呢
What if I could get us in for a rehearsal?
纳撒尼尔 我们走
Nathaniel, let’s go.
我在这儿 拿着钥匙…
What I did with the keys right here…
快点 把小车锁上
Come on. Lock up the cart.
-不 你知道吗 洛佩兹先生 -快点儿 我们得走了
– No. You know what, Mr. Lopez? – Come on, we gotta go.
我不能丢下我的东西 这儿有很多无赖
I can’t leave my stuff here with these rascals.
他们不值得信任 什么事儿都干的出来
They can’t be trusted. They’ll do anything.
整个乐团都在等我们 我们得走了
Oh, No. We have an entire orchestra waiting for us. We are gonna go.
这里有很多瘾君子
They have drug addicts and cigarette smokers here,
他们会把我的东西偷光的
And they will steal all of what I have.
-没人会偷你这些垃圾 -我不能丢下小车
– No one is going to steal your shit. – I can’t leave it.
不 不 我们得联♥系♥一下市长…
No, No. We have to get in touch with the mayor…
-纳撒尼尔 这些是垃圾… -安东尼奥·维拉戈沙…
– Nathaniel, it’s garbage. … -Antonio Villaraigosa…
-或者总统 -没人会偷这些垃圾
-Or the president. – No one is gonna steal this garbage.
-放到拐角那儿… -不 不 洛佩兹先生
– In the corner… – No, no, no, Mr. Lopez,
我不能把小车丢下
I’m not gonna be able to make it up there.
好吧 伙计
Okay. Oh, boy.
迪士尼大剧院 唐老鸭 真的很奇妙
Fantasia. Walt Disney hall. Donald Duck.
我得把小车安置好
I have to deal with things here
因为我留下的不是一只狗
Because I wouldn’t leave a dog with these people here.
好的 好的
Right. Okay. Fine.
蟑螂不会告诉小狗该干什么了
A cockroach does not tell a greyhound what to do.
我无所谓 明白吗 我无所谓
It’s fine! Do you understand? It’s fine.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!