慢点 别赶 别赶
Steady. Don’t rush it. Don’t rush it.
结束…
End…
对于一个30年没有上过课的人
Well, for someone who hasn’t had a lesson in 3 decades,
你拉的很不错
You play quite beautifully.
谢谢
Thank you.
-所以… -谢谢你
– So… – Thank you.
试着用右手拉出更流畅的旋律
Work on a smoother rhythm with the right hand.
不要停顿
And don’t stop-start.
一弓把乐句拉完
Carry a phrase all the way through.
-很好 -要我载你一程吗
– Great. – Give you a ride uptown?
-谢谢 -克莱登先生?
– Thank you. – Mr. Claydon?
-是 -先生?
– Yes. – Sir?
你觉得我还能拉得和以前一样好吗
Do you think I could be good again?
当然
Yes, I do.
顺便提一下 我喜欢你的公♥寓♥
I like your apartment, by the way.
-这不是我的公♥寓♥ -不是 这只是个…
– It’s not my apartment. – It’s not. It’s just a…
我不住在这儿
I don’t live here.
可是 你应该住这儿
Well, you should.
上帝赐予你这个礼物来保佑你 纳撒尼尔
God has blessed you with a gift, Nathaniel.
没有什么会比辜负上帝的好意
Nothing pains God more than
而让他更痛苦的了
when we squander his blessings.
你欠他的 所以要在乎它…
You owe it to him to care for this…
我不欠上帝
I don’t owe god.
史蒂夫·洛佩兹先生才是我的上帝
Mr. Steve Lopez is my God.
-什么 -洛杉矶时报的明星作家
– What? – Star writer for Los Angeles.
更强大 象天使一样飞来飞去
Higher power flying around with wings like an angel.
史蒂夫·洛佩兹先生才是我的…
Mr. Steve Lopez is my…
他不知道他在说什么
He doesn’t know what he’s saying.
格雷厄姆·克莱登先生
Mr. Graham Claydon
打算告诉我谁是我的上帝?
is going to tell me who my God is?
楼下车上见?
Down by the car?
你知道我的上帝是谁吗 克莱登先生?
Do you know who my god is, Mr. Claydon?
我知道我的上帝是谁
I know who my God is!
-他是个好老师 -我知道我的上帝是谁
– He’s a good teacher. – I know who my God is.
你应该优雅地接受他的帮助
You should accept his help gracefully.
优雅是指茱莉亚音乐学院里的
Graceful is the ballerinas
那些芭蕾女孩
at Juilliard.
那些小女孩才是优雅的
Those girls were graceful.
-芭蕾女孩们转来转去 -这儿还有别人…
– Tiny ballerinas just twirling round. – There’s other people in this…
-转来转去 小天使 -好吧
– Twirling round. Angels. – All right,
象芭蕾女孩一样优雅
Graceful as little ballerinas.
我喜欢她们转来转去
I love them flying around
就好象我喜欢史蒂夫·洛佩兹先生
Like I love Mr. Steve Lopez
转来转去
flying around.
我爱上帝 我爱你
I love God. I love you!
我爱你
I love you.
我不希望他爱我
I don’t want him to love me.
可看起来你似乎不得不接受它
Well, it looks like you might have to get over that.
这可不是好主意
It’s a bad idea.
“我爱你 史蒂夫” 会变成 “你毁了我 史蒂夫”
“I love you, Steve,” turns into, “you failed me, Steve,”
好事变坏事
Turns into very bad things.
根据我有限的经验
That’s my limited experience.
我可不想陪他一起发疯 你会吗
I don’t want to be on the other side of that with him. Would you?
他根本搞不清楚我到底是跳芭蕾舞的
He doesn’t know if I’m a ballerina,
还是上帝 还是个飞行员
if I’m God, if I’m an airplane pilot.
他根本不知道他在说什么
He has no idea what he’s saying.
你是来找我帮忙的吗 洛佩兹
Is there something you want from me, Lopez?
还是只为了让我看你的礼服
Or did you just come to show me your prom dress?
你看起来不错
You look nice.
我希望你能帮他
I want you to help him
因为他有病 需要治疗
Because he’s sick and he needs medication
你这里有这么多医生
And you have a team of doctors here.
让他们去看看他
Tell them to sit down with him.
你难道不该这样做吗
Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?
纳撒尼尔说过他还没准备好见精神病医生
Nathaniel’s made it quite clear he’s not ready to speak to a psychiatrist.
强迫他
Force him.
-强迫他? -让他去看
– Force him? – Tell him to do it.
告诉他如果他不看医生
Tell him he can’t play his instruments
就不能拉琴
Until he sits down with a shrink.
我们这儿可不兴这样做
That’s not what we do here.
你们的做法是狗屁
What you do here is fucked.
是的
It is.
听着 即使我真的希望
Look, even if I did wanna
护送纳撒尼尔去看精神病医生
Cohorse Nathaniel into psychiatry…
强制…这…随你怎么说
Coerce. … which… whatever.
-强制 -这只是假设 实际上我不愿意
– Coerce. – If I wanted to do that, which I don’t,
我不能强迫他去看医生
I couldn’t force him to take medication.
国有国法 家有家规
The law is the law.
除非他对自己或他人构成威胁…
Unless he’s an imminent danger to himself or someone else…
你要那么说吗 还是怎样
Are you gonna answer that, or what?
我在车上 如果他对于别人是一个危险呢
I’m in the car. What if he was a danger to someone else?
-但他没有 -玛丽 我在来的路上 别紧张
– But he’s not. – Mary, I’m on the way. Relax.
如果有人说他有呢
What if someone said he was?
如果有人打911报♥警♥说纳撒尼尔袭击了他呢
What if someone dialed 911 and said nathaniel had attacked him?
他们会把他关进精神病院
They’d put him in psychiatric hospital.
我知道你没打算为了他撒谎 洛佩兹
I know you’re not thinking of lying on him, Lopez.
然后他就会被关进精神病院14天
And then he would be in a 14-day psychiatric hold,
他们就会立刻为他治疗
They’d put him on meds straight away.
如果这样就能治好他呢
What if that’s all it took for him to be well?
如果两个星期的治疗
What if 2 weeks of meds,
生命中的短短两星期
A 2-week window into what his life could be
就能改变他的人生? 拯救他的人生呢
Changed his life? Saved his life?
你为什么不帮一把呢
Why wouldn’t you want to be part of that?
史蒂夫 现在纳撒尼尔
Steve, Nathaniel has one thing
至少还有一样东西 友谊
going for him right now. A friend.
如果你背叛了这友谊
If you betray that friendship,
你就毁了他世界里唯一的东西
You destroy the only thing he has in this world.
我不想成为他的唯一
I don’t want to be his only thing.
你刚才不是告诉别人你在车上吗
Didn’t you just tell somebody you was in your car?
玛丽 别急 你在几号♥桌?
Mary, relax. What table are we at?
我是纳撒尼尔·安东尼·艾尔斯
This is Nathaniel Anthony Ayers, Jr.,
洛佩兹先生 是我…
Mr. Lopez. I was calling…
纳撒尼尔…因为你答应过我
Nathaniel. … Because you promised me
送我个大提琴盒 可我还没收到
A hard case for my cello and I haven’t received it yet.
-喂? -我还需要乐谱
– Yeah? – And also I need sheet music
贝多芬第二奏鸣曲
For Beethoven’s second sonata.
还有作品131号♥和管弦乐七重奏
And also opus 131 and septet for strings and woodwinds,
还有作品20号♥…
And opus 20…
你能不能…等等
Can you just… one sec.
…还有我的琴少了一根弦..
… and also my a string is missing…
我们在说…
So, we’re talking about…
我要一根新弦
I need my a string replaced.
纳撒尼尔 你知道 这不是…
Nathaniel, you know, this is not…
他在时报上的系列报道
…his series in the times
关于纳撒尼尔·安东尼·艾尔斯的
on the struggles and the triumphs of
奋斗和成功
Nathaniel Anthony Ayers
为我们带来了城中
Has brought crucial attention to one
最值得关注的事件之一
Of the most pressing issues in our city.
…答应过你会遵守承诺…
…promises you should make good on those promises…
别打电♥话♥了
Get off the phone.
用同情和执着讲述了这个问题
…to address this problem with compassion and commitment.
为了表示对此的敬意
And in honor of this,
我荣幸的宣布今年的媒体奖得主
It is my pleasure to present this year’s Media Award
是史蒂夫·洛佩兹
to Steve Lopez.
谢谢
Thank you.
…你知道我不能丢下我的推车
…you know that I can’t leave my cart anywhere.
它装着我的小提琴 我的大提琴
It houses my violin, my cello,
和我的大规模杀伤性武器
And my weapons of mass destruction.
一个孩子需要保护
A child needs protection.
你不会把一个小孩放在后车厢里
You don’t want to put a baby in the trunk of a car

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!