Where’s Marshal Cogburn?
考伯恩警官呢
Went away.
走了
Left this.
留了这个给你
Here inside is a train ticket for your return home.
这有张回家的车票
Use it.
用它回家去
By the time you read this,
当你看到这封信时
I will be across the river in the Indian Nation.
我已经穿过河到印第安区了
Pursuit will be futile.
你不可能追上来的
I will return with your man, Chaney.
我会带切尼回来的
Leave me to my work.
让我自己来完成
Reuben Cogburn.
鲁本·考伯恩
Is that Marshal Cogburn?
那是考伯恩法警吗
That is the man.

Who’s he with?
他旁边是谁
I do not know.
不知道
Well, take me across.
带我过去
So, you’re the runaway.
那你就是那个逃犯
Marshal told me you’d show up.
他告诉我 你一旦出现
I’d present you to the Sheriff.
就带去见警长
That is a story. Let go my horse.
那是瞎编的 放开我的马
I have business across the river.
我过河有急事
If you don’t turn around and take me across,
如果你还是不带我过去
You may find yourself in court where you don’t want to be.
那我们就法庭上见
I have a good lawyer.
我有个好律师
Go, Little Blackie.
小黑 冲过去
Come on.
加油
That is quite a horse.
真是匹好马
I’ll give you ten dollars for him.
我用十美元买♥♥下它
From the money you stole from me?
用你从我这偷来的钱吗
That was not stolen, I’m out for your man.
那不是偷 我不已经去抓你要的人了吗
I was to accompany you.
我们协商好一起走的
If I do not, there is no agreement
如果我不去 协议便不生效
and my money was stolen.
那你就是偷我的钱
Marshal, put this child back on the ferry.
快把这孩子送回摆渡那去吧
It’s a long road, and time is a-wasting.
山高路远 这简直就是浪费时间
If I go back, it’s to the U.S. Marshal’s office
若我现在回去
to report the theft of my money.
我会去警署报告 你偷了我的钱
And futile, Marshal Cogburn, “Pursuit would be futile”?
考伯恩法警 “追上来也没意义”
It’s not spelt F-U-D-E-L.
的没意义你都拼错了
It’s time for your spanking.
我真要打你屁♥股♥了
Now you do as the grown-ups say!
你再老三老四
Or I will get myself a birch switch and stripe your leg!
我就拿鞭子抽烂你的腿
Are you going to let him do this, Marshal.
法警 你就眼睁睁地看着他这么打我吗
No, I don’t believe I will. Put your switch away, LeBoeuf.
不会 勒波义夫 放下鞭
I aim to finish what I started.
不行 我开始了就不能停下
That’ll be the biggest mistake you ever made,
那估计会是你人生中犯下的最大的错误
you Texas brush-popper.
你这个德州傻牛仔
Hoorawed by a little girl.
竟然被一小姑娘摆布
I am not accustomed to so large a fire.
我真不习惯生这么大的火堆
In Texas, we will make do with a fire of little more than twigs
在德州 我们用小树枝生小火
or buffalo chips.
或是用水牛的粪便
Heat the nights rations of beans.
用豆子来维持过夜火
And, it is Ranger
骑警队规定
policy never to make your camp in the same place as your cookfire.
不能在生火的地方搭帐篷
Very imprudent to make your presence known in unsettled country.
在野外暴露自己的行踪 是不明智的
How do you know Bagby will have intelligence?
你怎么知道巴格比那有情报
He has a store.
他开了家店
That makes him an authority on movements in the Territory?
这样就有消息来源了吗
We have entered a wild place.
现在我们身在荒野里
Anyone coming in,
不管是谁
wanting any kind of supply,
都需要食物的补给
cannot pick and choose his portal.
所以那是必经之路
That is a piece of foolishness.
你这样做有必要吗
All the snakes are asleep this time of year.
这季节蛇都冬眠了
They’ve been known to wake up.
我有听说过冬眠起来的蛇
Well, let me have a rope, too.
我也要根绳子
A snake would not bother you.
你就不用了
You are to little and boney.
又小又瘦的 蛇才不会喜欢
You should fetch the water for the morning and put it by the fire.
去打点明早用的水 放在火堆旁
The creek’ll ice over tonight. I’m not going down there again.
小溪要结冰了 我才不去
You want anymore water, you can go fetch it yourself.
你想要的话 就自己去打
You’re lucky to be traveling in a place with a spring so handy.
你该庆幸 这地方这么容易打到水
In my country you can ride for days and see no ground water.
在我那儿 连续几天都看不到一滴水
I have lapped filthily water from a hoofprint.
我只能从马蹄印里弄出点脏水喝
and was glad to have it.
这已经算幸运了
If I ever meet one of you Texas waddies
若我遇到一个德州牛仔
who says he had never drank water out of a horse track
说他从未喝过马蹄印里的水
I think I’ll shake his hand
那我会跟他握手
and give him a Daniel Webster cigar.
请他抽丹尼尔·韦伯斯特雪茄
You do not believe it?
你不相信
Oh, I believed it the first twenty-five times I heard it.
前二十五遍还相信
Maybe, maybe this is true.
说不定 还真有可能是真的
Maybe lapping water off the ground is Ranger policy.
说不定舔脏水是骑警队的规定
You’re getting ready to show your ignorance now, Cogburn.
你太无知了 考伯恩
I don’t mind a little personal chaffing.
我不介意你拿我开玩笑
But I won’t hear anything
但我不想听到
against the Ranger troop from a man like you.
任何拿骑警队做嘲讽对象的屁话
How long have you boys been mounted on sheep down there?
你们骑绵羊都出名了
My white Appaloosa will still be galloping
就算你的马全部倒下了
when that big American stud of yours is winded and collapsed.
我的白马依然能驰骋
Now make another joke about it.
再敢开玩笑的话
You are only trying to put on a show for this girl Mattie
你是想用你那三寸不烂之舌
with what you must think is a keen tongue.
在小姑娘面前做表演吧
This is like women talking.
你说话怎么跟女人似的
Yes, that is the way!
是啊 没错
Make me out foolish in this girl’s eyes.
你弄得我在小姑娘眼里 显得特蠢
I think she has got you pretty well figured.
我想她已经知道你是什么货色了
Would you two like to hear the story of “the Midnight Caller”?
想听”午夜访客”吗
One of you is gonna have to be the caller.
其中一个扮访客
Now I’ll tell you what to say.
我教你说什么
Now I’ll do all the other parts myself.
我扮演其他角色
Good morning, Marshal. Morning.
早 警官 早
Where’s Mr. LeBoeuf?
勒波义夫先生呢
Down by the creek performing his necessaries.
去溪边解手去了
Marshal Cogburn, I welcome the chance for a private parley.
考伯恩警长 我们正好需要私自协商下
I gather that you and Mr. LeBoeuf have come to some,
你和勒波义夫先生之间 应该有
some sort of agreement.
某种协议吧
And as your employer I believe
作为你的雇主
I have the right to know the particulars.
我有权知道 详细内容
The particulars…
详细内容
…is that we bring Chaney down to the magistrate in San Saba Texas
我们会把切尼交给德州执法官
where they have a considerable reward on offer, which we split.
那有丰厚的悬赏等我们去拿
I did not want him brought to Texas,
我不想让他被带到德州
to have a Texas punishment administered for a Texas crime.
不想让他在德州服法
That was not our agreement.
这不是我们的协议
What you want is to have him caught and punished.
你不是希望他被抓 然后服法吗
I want him to know he’s being punished for killing my father.
我要他为我爸服法
Well, you can let him know that. You can tell him to his face.
那么 你可以亲口告诉他
You can spit on him.
还可以吐他口水
and make him eat sand out of the road. I can hold him down.
或者叫他吃沙 我会帮你把人按着
If you want,
如果你想的话
I’ll flay the flesh off the soles of his feet,
我会把他打得皮开肉绽
and find you Indian pepper you can rub into the wound.
然后帮你找印第安辣椒抹上去
Isn’t that a hundred dollar value?
这样不值一百美金吗
No, it is not.
不值
When I have brought and paid for something, I will have my way.
既然我付了钱 你就应该服从我
Why do you think I’m paying you, if not to have my way.
若不服从 为什么我要付你钱
It is time for you to learn.
你现在要明白
You cannot have your way in every little particular.
不是所有细节都能按照你的意愿走
If you find I fail to satisfy your terms,
若你不满意

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!