But Cogburn’s right.
但是考伯恩说的对
Even if I will not give him the satisfaction of consenting it.
虽然我刚才没当着他的面承认
The trail is cold.
确实追不上了
And I am, considerably diminished.
而且我也伤得不轻
How can you give up now,
你追踪切尼那么久了
after the many months you’ve dedicated to finding Chaney?
怎么能说放弃就放弃呢
You have shown great determination.
你展示出了极大的决心
I misjudged you.
我之前小看你了
I picked the wrong man.
我挑错人了
I would go on with your company, if there were a clear way to go.
如果我们还有办法的话 我愿意帮你
But we’d be striking out blindly.
但我们只能在黑暗中摸索
Chelmsford’s gone.
切尔姆斯福特已经逃跑了
We chased him right off the map.
我们都追到这天荒地末了
There is nothing for it.
这事就这样
I’m bound for Texas.
我回德州了
It’s time for you to go home, too.
你也该回家了
The Marshal, when he sobers,
等警官清醒之后
is your way back.
你就该回去了
I will not go back. Not without Chaney,
我不回去 没找到切尼就不回去
dead or alive.
生要见人 死要见尸
I misjudged you as well.
我也看错你了
I extend my hand.
来握个手吧
Mr. LeBoeuf! Please!
勒波义夫先生 求你了
Adios.
再会
I know you.
我认识你
Your name is Mattie.
你叫麦蒂
You’re little Mattie, the bookkeeper.
你是小麦蒂 那个记账员
Isn’t that something.
真巧啊
Yes, and I know you, Tom Chaney.
是的 而且我认识你 汤姆·切尼
What are you doing out here?
你在这干什么
Come to fetch some water.
来打点水
Oh, then what are you doing in these mountains, here?
那你在这山里干什么
Well I have not been formally deputized,
虽然还没被正式任命
but I am acting as an agent for Marshal Reuben Cogburn
但我是受命于鲁本·考伯恩警官
and Judge Parker’s court.
和帕克法官
I have come to take you back to Fort Smith.
我要把你带回史密斯堡
Well I will not go.
我不去
How do you like that?
你觉得怎么样
There is a posse of officers up there who will force you to go.
那边有一治安团的警官会抓你去的
That is interesting news.
有意思
And how many is up there?
那边有多少人
Right around fifty.
五十个左右
They’re all well armed and they mean business.
他们都武器精良 志在必得
What I want you to do now is come on across the creek
现在我要你渡过小溪
and walk in front of me up that hill.
从我面前走到那座山上去
I think I will oblige the officers to come after me.
我还是让那些警官来抓我吧
Well if you refuse to go, then I’ll have to shoot you.
如果你不照着做 我就得开枪了
Oh.

Well you had better cock your piece.
那你最好给枪上膛
All the way back.
一直向后扳
Til it locks. I know how to do it.
直到锁住 我知道怎么做
You will not go with me?
你不打算跟我走?
Naw, it’s just the other way around.
不 恰恰相反
You’re going with me.
你得跟我走
I will…AAAH!
我要…
I did not think you would do it.
我没想到你会开枪
What do you think now? One of my short ribs is broken.
现在呢 我有根肋骨断了
You killed my father when he was trying to help you.
我爸爸想帮助你 你却杀了他
I have one of the gold pieces you stole from him.
我有一个你从他那偷的金币
Now give me the other.
现在把另一个也给我
Nothing has gone right for me. MATTIE!
我♥干♥什么都不顺 麦蒂
I’m down here.
我在这下面
Now I’m shot by a child.
现在居然被个孩子打中了
Chaney is taken into custody!
我抓住切尼了
Help me.
快救我
Mattie!
麦蒂
Marshal.
警官
Take them horses you got and move!
把马牵上 快走
Tom, get on up that hill! Don’t you stop..
汤姆 到那山上去 别停下
Who all is down there?
下面都是些什么人
Marshal Cogburn and fifty more officers.
考伯恩和其他五十个警官
Tell me another lie and I will stove your head in!
再敢撒谎 我打穿你的头
Just the Marshal.
只有一个法警
Rooster.
大公鸡
Cogburn!
考伯恩
You hear me?
听得见吗
You answer me, Rooster!
回答我 大公鸡
I will kill this girl!
我要杀了这姑娘
You know I will do it!
你知道我♥干♥得出来
The girl is nothing to me!
她对我来说什么也不是
She is a runaway from Arkansas!
只是个阿肯色州来的亡命者
That is all very well.
非常好
Do you advise that I kill her?
你建议我把她杀了吗
Do what you think is best, Ned.
随你的便 奈德
She’s nothing to me but a lost child.
她只不过是个迷路的小孩
Think it over first.
先好好想想
I have already thought it over!
我已经好好想过了
You get mounted double fast!
这样你会过来得更快
If I see you riding over that bald ridge to the northwest,
如果看到你越过那座秃山 向西北去
I will spare the girl.
我就放了这姑娘
You have five minutes!
给你五分钟
There will be a party of marshals here soon, Ned!
马上就会有一队法警过来 奈德
Let me have the girl and Chaney
把这姑娘和切尼交给我
and I will mislead them for six hours!
我就把他们引开六个小时
Too thin, Rooster!
太不够意思了 大公鸡
Too thin!
太不够意思
Your five minutes is running!
五分钟已经快到了
No more talk!
别再说了
Get on up that hill.
到那山上去
Quiet there!
安静
Farrel, see to Tom’s wound.
法雷尔 看看汤姆的伤口
Can I have some of that bacon?
我能来点培根吗
You help yourself.
随便你
Have some of the coffee.
再来点咖啡
I do not drink coffee, I am fourteen.
我不喝咖啡 我才十四岁
Well we do not have buttermilk, and we do not have bread.
我们可没有酸奶 也没有面包
We are poorly supplied.
我们补给不足
Where she is. What are you doing here?
她在哪儿 你在这里干嘛
I will ring your scrawny neck.
我要拧断你的小细脖子
You let that go.
别提这茬了
What happened, huh?
怎么回事
I will tell you and you will see that I’m in the right.
我告诉你 你就会明白我占理了
Tom Chaney there shot my father to death in Fort Smith
汤姆·切尼在史密斯堡枪杀了我爸爸
and robbed him of two gold pieces
还抢了他两个金币
and stole his mare.
偷了他的牝马
I was informed Rooster Cogburn had grit
我听说考伯恩先生很有种
and I hired him out to find the murderer.
就雇他来抓捕凶手
A few minutes ago I came upon Chaney watering the horses.
刚才我正好看到切尼在饮马
He would not be taken in charge and I shot him.
他不服法 我便朝他开枪了
If I had killed him
如果我把他打死
I would not be now in this fix. My revolver misfired.
现在就不会被抓住 可我的枪哑火了
They will do it.
是这样
It will embarrass you every time.
哑火总是会让你陷入窘境
Most girls like to play pretties, but you like guns, do ya?
姑娘们都玩娃娃 可你喜欢枪 是吗
I do not care a thing in the world about guns.
我对枪一点兴趣都没有
If I did I would have one that worked.
如果有的话 我就会有支好使的枪了
I was shot from ambush, Ned.
我中了埋伏 奈德
The horses was blowing and making noise.
马在打响鼻 不断发出噪音
It was that officer that got me.
是警官打中我的
How can you sit there and tell such a big story?
你怎么还能在那大言不惭

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!