But I’ve never fallen into San Francisco Bay.
你以前有过吗
Have you ever before?
没有 我也是第一次
No, it’s the first time for me, too.
我给你添点咖啡
Here, I’ll get you some more coffee.
喂?
Hello?
斯考蒂 发生什么事了 她还没回家
Scottie, what happened? She’s not home yet.
没事 她没事 她就在我家 我马上送她回家
No, she’s all right. She’s still here. I’ll bring her home soon.
发生什么事了
Oh, what happened?
她跳进海湾了
She went into the Bay.
喂? 喂?
Hello? Hello?
她有受伤吗
Did she hurt herself?
没有 毫发无损
No, she’s going to be in fine shape.
没什么可担心的
There’s nothing to worry about.
但她并不知道 现在 你明白了吧
But she doesn’t know. Now, do you understand that?
她不知道发生了什么事
She doesn’t know what happened.
斯考蒂 玛德琳今年26岁
Scottie, Madeleine is 26.
卡洛特·瓦尔德斯是26岁的时候自杀的
Carlotta Valdes committed suicide when she was 26.
加文 稍等一会儿
Just hold on a minute, Gavin.
小约约 那还是鬼魂吗
Well now, Johnny-o. Was it a ghost?
好玩吗
Was it fun?
给我的信吗
That letter for me?
对啊 你好
Yes. Hello.
你好
Hello.
昨晚我很担心你
I worried about you last night.
你不该就这么走掉
You shouldn’t have run off that way.
我突然感觉很可笑
Well, I suddenly felt such a fool.
我本想载你回家的 你没事吧
I wanted to drive you home. Are you all right?
没事…很好 毫发未伤
Oh, yes. Yes, I’m fine. No aftereffects.
但我现在记得了 水很冰 是吗
But as I remember now, the water was cold, wasn’t it?
当然了
It sure was.
瞧我做的可怕事
What a terrible thing for me to do.
你太善良了
You were so kind.
一封正式的感谢信跟无比的歉意
It’s a formal thank-you note and a great big apology.
你没什么可道歉的
Oh, you’ve nothing to apologize for.
不 要道歉的
Oh, yes, I do.
整件事肯定让您很为难
The whole thing must have been so embarrassing for you.
一点儿都没有 我喜欢
Not at all. I enjoyed
跟你聊天
Talking to you.
我也喜欢跟你聊天
Well, I enjoyed talking to you.
我去拿信
Well, I’ll get my mail.
要进来喝杯咖啡吗
Would you like to have a cup of coffee?
不 不了 谢谢
No. No, thank you.
我没法寄出去
Well, I couldn’t mail it.
我不知道你的地址 但记得地标
I didn’t know your address, but I had a landmark.
我记得科洛特塔 它引领我找到你家的
I remembered Colt Tower. It led me straight to you.
这是我第一次如此感激科洛特塔
Well, that’s the first time I’ve been grateful for Colt Tower.
我也希望我们会
I hope we will, too.
什么
What?
再次见面
Meet again sometime.
见到了
We have.
再见
Good-bye.
你要去哪儿
Where are you going?
-不知道 -去购物吗
– Oh, I don’t know. – Shopping?
不是
No.
特别要去的地方呢
Well, anywhere in particular?
没有 想逛哪儿就逛哪儿
No, I just thought that I’d wander.
那可是我的职业
Oh, that’s what I was going to do.
对啊 我忘了 那是你的职业 对吧
Oh, yes, that’s right. I forgot. It’s your occupation, isn’t it?
你不认为我们两个志趣相投的人
Yeah, well, don’t you think it’s kind of a waste for the two of us…
各自闲逛是种浪费吗
To wander separately? uh-huh.
但独自一人才算闲荡者
But only one is a wanderer.
两个人一起总会去什么地方
Two together are always going somewhere.
不 我可不信
No, I don’t think that’s necessarily true.
你的门还没锁呢
You left your door open.
马上回来
Be right back.
多少岁了
How old?
有些有2000年或更老的树龄了
Oh, some 2,000 years or more.
活得最久的东西
The oldest living things.
是啊
Yes.
你以前从没来过这儿吗
You’ve never been here before?
没有
No.
你在想什么
What are you thinking?
所有人都得经历生老病死
Of all the people who’ve been born and have died,
然而树却继续活着
While the trees went on living.
它们的本名叫北美红杉 “长生不老”
Their true name is Sequoia Sempervirens. “always green, ever living.”
-我不喜欢它们 -为什么
– I don’t like them. – Why?
因为知道自己会死
Knowing I have to die.
这个横截面说明某棵老树被砍掉了
Here’s a cross section of one of the old trees that’s been cut down.
当各种大事发生的时候白色的环表示树的宽度
1215年《大宪♥章♥》颁布
1066年黑斯廷斯战役
1930年树被砍 1766年《独♥立♥宣言》
1942年发现美洲
我出生在这时候的某个地方
Somewhere in here, I was born,
然后在那时候死去
And there I died.
转瞬即逝 你从没留意过
It was only a moment for you. You took no notice.
玛德琳
Madeleine.
玛德琳
Madeleine.
玛德琳 你现在在哪儿
Madeleine, where are you now?
-跟你在一起啊 -在哪儿
– Here with you. – Where?
大树…
Tall trees…
你以前有来过这儿吗
Have you been here before?
-有 -什么时候
– Yes. – When?
你什么时候出生的
When were you born?
-很久以前 -在哪儿出生的
– Long ago. – Where?
什么时候 告诉我
When? Tell me.
-玛德琳 告诉我 -不
– Madeleine, tell me. – No!
玛德琳 告诉我那是什么 你要去哪儿
Madeleine, tell me what it is. Where do you go?
-为什么 -不 我不能告诉你
– What takes you away? – No, I can’t tell you.
当你跳进海里时 你不知道身在何处
When you jumped into the bay, you didn’t know where you were.
-你猜的 但你不知道 -我没跳海
– You guessed, but you didn’t know. – I didn’t jump.
我没跳海 我是掉进去的 你说我是掉进去的
I didn’t jump. I fell. You told me I fell.
你为什么要跳海
Why did you jump?
-为什么 -我不能告诉你
– Why did you jump? – I can’t tell you.
你为什么要跳海 在你内心
Why did you jump? What was there inside
-是什么在驱使你跳海 -不 求你别再问了…
– That told you to jump? – No, please. Please.
什么…
What? What?
求你别再问了…带我离开这儿
Please don’t ask me. Please don’t ask me. Take me away from here.
带你回家吗
Shall I take you home?
带我去有光的地方
Somewhere in the light.
答应我 答应我别再问了
Promise me something. Promise you won’t ask me again.
求你答应我
Please promise me that.
你为什么要跑
Why did you run?
现在我要对你负责
I’m responsible for you now.
中国有句古话 “帮人帮到底
You know, the Chinese say that once you’ve saved a person’s life,
送佛送到西” 所以我认了
You’re responsible for it forever, so I’m committed.
我得知道
I have to know.
我所知甚少
There’s so little that I know.
就好像我沿着一条被反射出来的
It’s as though I were walking down a long corridor
很长的走廊 那面镜子的碎片仍旧悬挂在那儿
That once was mirrored, and fragments of that mirror still hang there.
然而当我走到走廊尽头的时候
And when I come to the end of the corridor,
那儿除了黑暗别无其它
There’s nothing but darkness.
我知道当我走进黑暗的时候
And I know that when I walk into the darkness,
我会死掉
That I’ll die.
我从未走到尽头 总是在到尽头之前返回
I’ve never come to the end. I’ve always come back before then.
除了一次
Except once.
昨天?
Yesterday?
你不知道 不知道发生了什么事
And you didn’t know. You didn’t know what happened
直到发现自己跟我在一起
Till you found yourself with me.
你才知道自己身在何处
You didn’t know where you were.
但你记得那些小情景 镜子的碎片
But the small scenes, the fragments of the mirror, you remember those.
-也许吧 -你还记得什么
– Vaguely. – What do you remember?
那儿有个房♥间 我独自坐在那儿
There’s a room, and I sit there alone.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!